Marshall County Government

Working at Marshall County Government: 4 Reviews

United States4 reviews

4.0Pay & Benefits

Manager

Dealing with the public was very stressful. Public funding continues to decrease while public expects more services. Never enough funding to do a good job for the public.

Pros

Holidays

Cons

Angry Public

Poor management plus low pay equals high stress

Management lacks integrity and undermines your efforts by ignoring code and gving preferential treatment to certain builders. Rules are changed on the fly to harm you, and if you actually do your job and cite deficiencies based on the codebook, builders complain to their friends in management and the county government, and you're the one punished.Add to this the low wages ($4-$5 lower than surrounding counties) and no opportunities for advancement, and this becomes a monotonous, meaningless job. Workplace culture is traditional southern gossip and endless appeasement of local political figures, despite safety violations observed during various stages of home construction.

Pros

Independent work day

Cons

Management lacks integrity, and you take the blame for it

A typical County Government. Vrey traditional thinking and heavily influenced by politics

Opportunity make a positive difference in lives of employees and getting involved with public and local community. Good place to work as a Director of HR and I had a chance to make difference. I created employee handbook, on-boarding process, policies and guidelines, trainings. I had a chance to make Marshall County 100% compliance with all federal, state and local laws. I gained experience of working with many different type of people doing different job duties to make Marshall County citizens safe and healthy. Learn a lot about government mandates and management of local county government. Overall good and challenging experience

Pros

Learning opportunity

Cons

Political influence changes based on who is elected

Fast pace workplace

Answering incoming calls. Working and maintaining deeds. Mapping parcels. Spreedsheets, Excel, Word. Manageing intake of money. Working mail with Fed-Ex. Working with customers. Filing property cards. My co-workers were friendly and helpful.The most enjoyable part of my job was waiting and helping customers with their needs.

benefits

Cons

advancements

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Marshall County Government. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4.0 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits