Marshall Dennehey Warner Coleman & Goggin Employee Reviews

Paralegals stay clear
Paralegal (Current Employee) –  Roseland, NJJune 27, 2019
The attorneys, secretaries and office assistants and office managers are absolutely wonderful! However, the paralegal director and paralegal manager of the firm are unprofessional and unknowledable. The paralegal director is a former real estate attorney with no defense litigation experience. She is incredibly demeaning, difficult and highly unprofessional. The paralegal manager is very nice, but never has the answers for your questions. The pay is also insulting for the work they expect.
Not a pleasant place to work.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, DEMay 29, 2019
People are overworked and unhappy. Management is unaware of what happens on a day to day basis. There are too many attorneys per staff member. The "office manager" is difficult to deal with.
Run
Secretary (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PA 19103April 16, 2019
Stay clear of this firm - run quick - not a good idea to take a position here - clicky - supervisors are horrible they pick and choose who they like and dislike and if you're on the dislike side RUN
Pros
Salary and Benefits
Cons
Supervisor/Manager
Paralegal
PARALEGAL (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAFebruary 21, 2019
Professional Liability Dept., very interesting work, petty petty employees - specifically the women which tend to all be paralegals and secretaries like Mad Men. Extremely petty work environment, which is a shame because the office is beautiful, most of the attorneys are fabulously intelligent and incredible people to work with and for and the work product is extraordinarily interesting... a shame that a few bad hens have to spoil the nest.
Pros
Office space, perks, salary, benefits, interesting work, great attorneys
Cons
female paralegals, secretaries, and management (specifically one female middle-aged manager)
Pleasant place to work. Good office morale
LEAD ADMINISTRATIVE OFFICE ASSISTANT (Current Employee) –  Melville, NYJanuary 29, 2019
This support position is ideal for persons who are interested in job security with no intentions on advancement. This is a wonderful place to work, pleasant office staff, and good environment
Pretty good,some challenges, but overall OK.
Site Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Wilmington, DEOctober 21, 2018
The questions should be about Ricoh, not Marshall Dennehey. A typical day involves delivering mail to administrative Assistamts, Copying and or printing jobs recieved through email, burning disks upon request and retreiving documents through file site. We also are required to deliver documents to court.
I would not recommend this company.
Legal Admin (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHOctober 18, 2018
I would not recommend this company. Once new management took over the over all atmosphere in the office changed for the worse. There were many people who were unhappy with how things turned out. And three secretaries and one attorney all left the company with in a month and a half to two months of each other.
Pros
Prefer her not to fill out.
Cons
Prefer her not to fill out.
nice place
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PASeptember 12, 2018
Overall working here has been a great experience and I have learned a lot and willing to continue to learn and grow. The staff is somewhat polite and everyone gets along and management is nice.
Not a fun firm to work with
IT Specialist/Support Analyst (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAAugust 15, 2018
Not enjoyable. The supervisory level was all woman, and this is not a slam on woman because i have been in those situations before, a bit sneaky. All of this could have changed however since I worked there to be fair.

Additionally, working in law is a bit on the high stress side to begin with because of the nature of legal work, so not many are going to be gleeful environments, particularly the higher level ones.
Pros
Provide some training to help.
Cons
High stress and demanding environment.
productive and professional
Legal Secretary (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 18, 2018
the company was great t work for very relaxed and sometimes it was pressured to get work out but all in all it was a great place to work for. Mostly a lot of phone work and pulling files to put paperwork in them. Great place to work for
Pros
very relaxed company and professional. no hassles
Work family with ups and downs.
Legal Secretary, receptions, file clerk (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJune 6, 2018
A typical day is pretty easy but some can be stressful
The hardest part is the stress your attorney puts on you
The most enjoyable can be who you work for
Pros
early Fridays in summer, some free food, friendly people, some flexibility
Cons
Not too much flexibility, don't ask the opinions of staff when making changes to your work
Pay isnt much
Paralegal (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAApril 24, 2018
Was promoted from an entry level position to a 4 yr degree position (once I graduated) my promotion raise was something so ridiculous like $9.00 a PAY that's every two weeks. So it ended up being not even 5 bucks a week for a promotion.
Pros
some of the staff is really nice
Cons
must always report to main office in philly and they dont care about people in other offices
Busy but had plenty of support
Legal Secretary to Partner (Former Employee) –  Harrisburg, PAMarch 26, 2018
The Harrisburg office for this firm has grown a lot since I left, but the office manager is the best. She always made sure we had plenty of help to get our work out the door. Best law firm I've worked for.
Pros
Great management
Cons
Very busy and stressful as a law firm is
Fun/exciting job oppurtunity
File Clerk (Current Employee) –  Scranton, PAOctober 3, 2017
Working here is a good way to get your foot in the door. They treat you very well and are always willing to work with your schedule. You answer the phones and file paper work for the attorneys so they know where everything is located. Easy, but fun job to work.
Need room to grow
IT Lead Trainer (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJune 29, 2017
Love this firm and the people I work with day to day but find no room for growth at this time.

Work life balance played an important role as to why I remain here.
Pros
Work life balance
Cons
low pay, no room for growth
productive day
File Clerk/Office Assistant (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJune 27, 2017
I have worked with MDWC&G for 10 years now it has been a great experience, the work here is great everyone is working at their desk and all staff is always busy. I have been a file clerk and have helped out with other things around the office as well. I'm looking to grow into something more challenging.
Enjoy my job
File Clerk (Current Employee) –  King of Prussia, PAMarch 2, 2017
My typical work day is filing, scanning and copying. I work for about 60 people so I am a very busy person. I also do audits and closed files along with being a receptionist when needed. I am a team player to everyone.
Pros
no weekends
Litigation Support Assistant (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJanuary 17, 2017
This is a great place to work. They are helpful with anything that you may need. The employees are very kind. The management and attorneys are good people.
Great company to be an employee!
File Clerk (Current Employee) –  Wilmington, DEJanuary 11, 2016
This is a very good company to work with. I love the work, people and that is 25 minute walking from my house. I like the fact they work with you when you have sick children, good health insurance, 401k.
Pros
Very good hours and no weekend.
Cons
35 hour work week.
Prestigious firm with 1,000+ dedicated employees nationwide
Casualty Law defense paralegal in Personal Injury (Current Employee) –  Wilmington, DESeptember 15, 2015
Marshall Dennehey Warner Coleman & Goggin has a reputation for employing and taking care of it's well-qualified and honorable staff, making it a privilege to be a part of the team.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Marshall Dennehey Warner Coleman & Goggin. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.8InHerSight Score

3.0Personal Development

3.3Career Opportunities

2.4Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Marshall Dennehey Warner Coleman & Goggin Reviews by Location