Marshall Retail Group Employee Reviews

Work place culture
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVAugust 12, 2018
Very nice work in The Caesar Palace Hotel in a boutique Store because you can meet many people from different countries, culture is tireless and good source of learning
Divertido
Retail Associate (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJuly 19, 2018
Tenían muy bien la tienda de Marshall tjmax buen lujar
Pros
Tenia buen tiempo
Honest review
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Wilkes-Barre, PAJuly 12, 2018
Working at MRG was a good job at first. Typical retail environment, the customers were fun to interact with. Every other month we would get a ‘secret shopper’ where we would have to preform our ‘we$act’ which is supposed to be done with every customer. We would be short staffed a lot where management wouldn’t step in and it would be supervisors duty to always come in/stay. Many times worked open to close. One time with NO BREAK. Those were the stressful times, no work/home life balance when we were short staffed which was MOST of my time being employed there. Towards my final months there the company supposedly changed break times. Where if you worked 8 hr or longer shift you would only get half hr lunch and ONE 10 min break. I enjoyed the company in the beginning, then things started to turn and eventually became where I didn’t have a life outside of work. I don’t appreciate a company who doesn’t give an employee that balance.
Pros
Pto, employee discount.
Cons
Short breaks, no work/life balance, short staffed.
Good opportunity for first time employment
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJuly 10, 2018
MRG is a decent place to work, right up to the salary level (ASM and above). Beginning pay is well above minimum and benefits are offered to full time employees after a probationary period. The job itself is fairly easy, especially if you have any retail experience. However, the constant training of the same material over and over again (weekly) becomes tedious.

MRG offers opportunities for advancement within the company. They try to make it fun with their Professional Growth Program, but the mentors (usually Assistant Managers, Store Managers, and District Managers) end up being too busy to really be involved and help you with the projects.

The biggest problem for me, before I left the company, was that it was short handed on District Managers. The ones they had were stretched thin and wide across the various Vegas locations. The stress of that trickled down to the store management level where SMs and ASMs were over worked and limited in their ability to hire additional coverage, based on store revenue.
Pros
Benefits, 401K, employee discounts
Cons
Management bonuses are offered, but difficult to achieve. Time off is earned at a slow rate.
Great Company
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NV 89118July 9, 2018
-works to build your career
-works with your schedule
-fun work environment
-good benefits
-great customers
-amazing interview process
-great HR department
Pros
overall great company
Cons
nothing
Hard place to work
Sales Associate in Aquarius Casino (Former Employee) –  Laughlin, NVJune 24, 2018
Greet customers, clean, play with clothing stock shelves and racks. Then do it all over again. There was no regard or care or concerns for employees. I worked under extreme stress.
Pros
None other than my pay check
Cons
Hired flor part-time, but most of the time I had to work full-time. Many times getting off at 2am, coming back by 8am. Enough said!
worked as sales associate
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMay 24, 2018
After working with the company, had an advanced experience of handing customer, cashier.

Managers were great very helpful , co-operative, gave up proper guidance. Co- workers were very friendly.

Positive and excellent working environment.
Pros
pay rate is ok
Cons
maintain healthcare
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Laughlin, NVMay 20, 2018
Management works with you on scheduled times and relief. I enjoyed my work there and if I lived in Laughlin or bullhead city, I would go back to work in the gift shop.
Pros
Works with you on scheduling
Easy job but chaotic environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  New JerseyMay 12, 2018
The job itself is easy- you clock in and ring up customers and occasionally stock. The environment is chaotic and stressful. I dealt with drunk customers most of the time and a lot of them were very rude. Depending on the store you are in you may or may not get a lot of customers. When the store is quiet you get bored and your feet hurt from standing so long. (All retail should have a mat for their cashiers to stand on) My coworkers were all friendly and Management was ok. I was part time and I got decent hours. You get discounts and after a period of time you get PTO. The company itself isn't bad in my opinion, I just disliked the environment.
Pros
Discount, coworkers
Cons
Health care, customers
Supervisor of Operations (Former Employee) –  Atlantic City, NJApril 27, 2018
Very unorganized and a lot of expectations and responsibilities with little pay and minimum benefits such as over time. They will schedule you less than your full time 40 hours just so they don't have to pay you over time. There are always what they call * black out periods* where you can not request off with your own earned PTO time.
Pros
You get benefits such as PTO and get to be in the casino environment
Cons
Ridiculous company policies
Bad Attitudes Need Not apply
Home Office Staff (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVApril 2, 2018
Awesome company to work for. Over a year ago we made our culture number one. The people that can't play well with others or don't want to work hard and play hard, don't fit our culture. Don't read the hype...meet us and see for yourself.

Love the culture, the benes and the people but mostly you can really move up if you work hard.
Pros
culture
Bad Management
Staff Accountant (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMarch 26, 2018
Employees and management try to catch me doing something wrong. Management was insecure. management were bosses not mangers. Management favored some employee over others.
Pros
bad culture of respecter of people
Cons
paycheck
horrible Management
unknown (Former Employee) –  Newark, NJMarch 25, 2018
the management is horrible at Newark airport, I would never recommended anyone to this job. The manager does not talk to employees right. The company should really look into getting a new manager.
Very enjoyable place to work
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NV 89118March 15, 2018
This company is amazing to start out your work experience. They work with your schedule and give you a chance to grow within the company. I would suggest this company to any friend.
Fun place to work.
Retail Cashier (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVFebruary 26, 2018
Merchandising, making sure the store is clean for business, I've learned to deal with different types of individual and to provide an excellent customer service. The most enjoyable part was, I was able to see first hand new trends in fashion.
Pros
40% discounts for employees.
Cons
short breaks.
Company Rating
Customer Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVFebruary 20, 2018
The Company overall is okay. The only thing I was not crazy about were the 'perks' or benefits of working for the company. Other than that is was okay. All you need are basic customer sales experience. Speaking an additional language is a plus because you deal with all kinds of clientele.
Not Recommend
Customer Service Associate and Key Holder (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVFebruary 18, 2018
I do not recommenced work on this Company. For to be first job, perfect, but the culture, the work conditions, the manager and supervisor are very less label. The make competition with the customer because they need make money on sales too.
Pros
Good experiencind for be 1 job/
Cons
See my review.
Be informed before making a commitment
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJanuary 23, 2018
Though this company has opportunity for growth, be well informed in the interview process. The airport involves much time in commute, security, busing etc. that add an additional several hours per week with a corporate that is largely based off of casino stores which operate differently hence a disconnect. There is a high turnover of employees which makes establishing consistency difficult, and there is a level of favoritism that is sometimes unjustified. To be fair, MRG along with most airport positions has a high turnover and level of settling with availability vs. well experienced employees in some cases. 10 days off per year is the max, and you will work holidays regardless. Most companies have a PTO formula that offers more time off, though this company believes 10 days to be quite a reward. If you have a lifestyle that works with these factors, definitely apply, otherwise be advised.
Pros
Opportunity for growth
Cons
Commute plus security process, low PTO, just favoritism
Difficult, dishonest, bad managent
Store Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Laughlin, NVJanuary 20, 2018
The management at my location lacks compassion, patience and overall traits needed to be a good and fair manager. They are easy to get along with as long as things go their way. They are underhanded in how they deal with issues. You cannot stand up for yourself without risking action against you not excluding termination.
Backstabbing co workers. If you get hired, watch your back.
Pros
Some good co workers, decent pay
Cons
Backstabbing, lying, dishonesty
Job to start off in Retail
Sale Representative (Former Employee) –  Atlantic City, NJJanuary 17, 2018
A typical day at work unpack inventory, sale to customers, and keep store clean. Some manager will move you up some will just use you. Good part you enjoy working with your co workers.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Marshall Retail Group. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.5InHerSight Score

1.9Personal Development

3.6Career Opportunities

2.3Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight