Marshall Retail Group Employee Reviews

Loved working at MRG
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVApril 8, 2019
Marshall Retail Group offered growth and advancement. They made you feel important and followed what they said they would do. They offer great benefits and made everyone feel like an important team member.
Horrible place to work! Horrible company and management! Upper management included!
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Atlantic City, NJMarch 17, 2019
The VP loves to mistreat people! He loves to stroke his ego by making others feel less of themselves! Upper management is phony and shady! Lazy district manager. Unrealistic expectations. Delusional company leaders!
Pros
Free food from casino
Cons
Everything else related to the job! Horrible place to work
Poor Management,No stability and loyalty
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Newark, NJMarch 14, 2019
This company is ok to work for but when you come in you just need to do your work and mind your business. There’s a lot of unprofessionalism and favoritism going on. And management sucks big time.
It can be a fun place to work
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMarch 5, 2019
The employees can have a relaxed time with customers if they were not pushed so hard and threatened with write ups for not getting sales. I realize we are in the environment of commission sales and conversion numbers. The sales, with add ons come easier if we are allowed to be ourselves. The most enjoyable part of the job is the customers that you can help shop with. The District Managers don't take time to really get to know their Teams of managers and associates.
Run!
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCFebruary 15, 2019
This place is horrible! The management is terrible. Communication is terrible. Turnover is horrible. When I worked there I seen 20 new people come and go.
Pros
It’s in the airport
Cons
No time and a half on holidays
Great company with so many stores.
HR ADMINISTRATOR ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVFebruary 7, 2019
The most enjoyable part of the job are the discounts offered to employees. There are many stores across the country, therefore, there were varieties of items you can purchase at a discounted price.
Bad Bad Bad Company!!!!
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJanuary 9, 2019
I had a great manager but the high up management where horrible!!!!! They fired my friend because she was dating ex of one of theirs. They would of fire me for being friends with but I quit before they could. The are the most awful company to work for. All I can say is run!!!!
Pros
My Manger but she don't work for them any more.
Cons
Upper Management are awful human beings!!!!
Under paid overworked. Company takes advantage of minority's.
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJanuary 4, 2019
Not a good place to work!
Management is more focused on talking and messing around than doing their jobs.
They dont pay for any holidays!
401k after a year.
They will tell you about a bonus program good luck unataneable.
Have seen Current Manager fire someone over the phone!!
Pros
Co-workers are great and hard working.
Cons
Too many to list.
Not a great place to work
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVDecember 16, 2018
Its about who you know and a company that is trying to grow, but they are stick stuck in the dark ages. Pay is poor and your hard work is never appreciated . The more you give the more they expect. Turnover is crazy do the pay and lack of training
Pros
Disocunts
Cons
Pay and respect
Horrible place to work
CSA - Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVDecember 12, 2018
The district manager would watch everything we did and make you feel like everything you do is wrong. They would talk down to you and get upset with what they think you’re doing wrong, which was just about everything, in front of customers. They don’t follow the chain of command. They never go to your managers.

Management would gossip to all employees. There is no such thing as worker-manager confidentiality here. They gossip like children.

They didn’t train me. I had to watch other employees and learn as much as I could on my own. And if you do do something wrong or mess up they give you no warnings. Or even try to show you the right way. They’ll just get rid of you.

And if they find out you have a disability or are very sick and have a disease like let’s say “lupus”, they treat you different. Less favorable. And will go gossip about it with employees. And then fire you because you missed 2 days from being in the hospital.
Pros
Cons
Management, gossiping, unprofessional, will make it impossible to move up
It was nice working in the airport
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Boston, MADecember 4, 2018
The atmosphere was nice it was nice working in the airport meeting new people and learning new things about the airport the only thing I didn’t like was the people I worked with
Stressful work environment, dont trust anyone.
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Atlantic City, NJNovember 21, 2018
I have never worked for store that treated their employees with such lack of appreciation. There is an obvious favoritism towards specific people and shifts. They always expect more and more from you but don't give anythings. Managers will sooner inconvenience an employee before having to step in. If an manager lives 5 minutes away from the work place and there's a call out, they'll sooner ask every employee to cover before having to do it themselves. Manager take off for EVERY HOLIDAY. There is absolutely no consideration for employees or their families.
Pros
Free hot meal(but thats because of the casino the store is located in) Paid time off.
Cons
Awful work environment, lazy management, low morale, stressful work environment.
Not what you think as far as work and home balance.
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Atlantic City, NJNovember 13, 2018
Management is over worked and under payed. No holiday pay but must work it. They expect too much and dont train properly. Benefits are ok but must pay more out of pocket. Standing on tour feet for over 8 hours .
A growing experience
Key Holder (Former Employee) –  LaGuardia Airport, NYNovember 12, 2018
This company is great for growth, maturity & responsibility. Customer service with Marshall retail group teaches you to be a better individual & engage naturally with people from various locations.
have no words
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Millbury, MANovember 8, 2018
marshalls employees are childish and disgusting to one another. everything gets twisted. ive learned to only open my mouth when needed because even if I was minding my own people drag you in. worse then highschool or equivilent
Pros
managment money discount
Cons
nasty co workers
Loss prevention detective (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKOctober 26, 2018
Marshalls is a very good company. They believe in there employers and have great benefits for them. They have a great team management and support staff
Pros
Discount
Cons
Have to dependable
Amazing product
Sales Lead/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVOctober 23, 2018
It was a good company. The work hours were okay, just know you will be at work until midnight. This was not my preference anymore. But the people that can actually do it or like it. It is a job for them.
Pros
Good Commission
Cons
Some managers should not be managers
Worst management ive ever worker under
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Laughlin, NVSeptember 30, 2018
I have found three empty beer bottles in the employee bathroom. There is a kid with a fake I'd that the store manager knows about working there, they will lie to you about everything just to get you to apply, you will be expected to break your back for them. There is to much drama even for a high school just dont work there unless you like being yelled at in front of customers and treated like you do not know anything.
Pros
None work at McDonald's
Cons
Poor management, drama, lying
Could be fun workplace if you not overworked...customers are friendly ...
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Atlantic City, NJSeptember 15, 2018
Assistant managers need to get paid more. Especially the ones that been there they are overlooked. Working lots of hours ...Some assistants have one store others have 3 or more and get paid same not fare at all. Upper management needs to look at this and pay us more for what we do. ...We are your team just as well as managers .....
Pros
Work with customers ..have fun at times ..
Cons
Lack of people ..low salary..over worked for the pay you get
Decent company
Edgewater/Colorado Belle- Customer Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Laughlin, NVAugust 30, 2018
Typically the job is straightforward and simple because it is customer service, but their version of multitasking could be a little better. The work is simple but they only have one person doing it all in one store. Management is always too busy to address problems unless it will directly link to management and therefore corporate. Hardest part of the job is having projects such as freight, but being only one person, you have to choose between getting freight done, restocking, or assisting customers but they want all of it done. Most enjoyable part of the job is occasionally you get praised for managing to do all of your tasks within 7 1/2 hours a day.
Pros
Cons
not enough help, large workloads

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Marshall Retail Group. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9

Ratings from women

2.7InHerSight Score

2.1Personal Development

3.7Career Opportunities

2.2Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight