Marshalls
Here to help
Coronavirus update
Information from Marshalls:

Marshalls Employee Reviews

You’re seeing reviews close to Ashburn, VA based on your current location
Not your desired location?
Choose a different one
Ashburn, VA73 reviews
It is not bed for beginners and students. I recommend it if you start work or as an additional job. The work is easy, sometimes is stressful at holidays, but is not hard.
Pros
gift cards for good worker
Cons
low
I began working for them in high school but hour flexibility is hard. Sometimes there would be weeks where I wasn't working and then they would call you at the last minute asking for you to come in. One time I was running errands and they called me thirty minutes before they needed me!
it’s a very simple and easy job, highly recommend it to high school students like me that just need a part time job with good pay. The breaks are decent too 0-5 hours get a 15 minute break and if u work 6+ hours you’ll get a 15 minute break and a 45 min meal break.
I worked for this Organisation for 11 years and I enjoyed my time with Marshalls. They are consistently growing as a company and work hard to promote managers from within. They are committed to excellence and building a strong network of leaders.
When working in retail and especially in this store, you'd have to consistently look after your designated are constantly or the managers will always micromanage and harass you to have the areas immaculate. The relationships between managers and associates fluctuate depending on how the managers operate. In my case, I had two different types of managers; one who wants to bring the best out of everyone and tends to our wellbeing and one who is very company technical and is cutthroat when it comes to evaluating performance. This shouldn't deter you from applying but you could most likely find something better.
Would you rate your company five stars?
Rate your employer to help people make better career decisions.
The hardest part of my job was closing store specially at weekends!
I learned good Customer Care Service in Marshalls and i really loved it!

I really miss my manager which is my BEST friend now!
With a genial atmosphere, Marshalls is a company which offers flexible hours and satisfactory pay. Organization and tidiness is very much required in order to succeed/move-up in a place like this.
Management was vague. Only one manager is really helpful. Could be more systematized and organized. Will not recommend for a long term career. A lot of qualified people within the store but are not promoted
Marshall's is a good company to bring your work experiences. As an associate, you help unload the truck and stock the shelves. You also do cashiering and clean the store.
Working in a wide variety of locations throughout the DMV for 20+ years. Experienced endless challenges during 16+ assignments in 11 locations. Opportunities for growth are available.
I worked a lot there but never manager offer me to change my position. Other new people got offers but I don’t. Many people quit this job because they are not fair.
I did not like working at this job at all even if it was my first job i started working as a salesperson than got put in the fitting room where they would not change me up to let me work something else it was always fitting room and they had no chair so my feet would hurt the whole time i was there
Pros
N/a
Cons
N/a
It's a good place to work for. The management is very friendly and always willing to help out. Got to constantly be doing things at all times. It's usually busy at all times.
fast paced and the people you work with and for are helpful and kind. learned a lot of people skills and and how to best assist them to make their experience in the store end happily
worked 6.5 years in the Domestic Dept. co-workers all were great, management, ok, the company, HORRIBLE, could not stay focused on dept tasks, and Christmas, forget it, spend all day,everyday at register, you had to do too many things in any given day for little pay, we had to push their credit card too, you were given a quota, you did't meet it you got written up, after 3 write ups you were threatened with dismissal, threats on a daily bases with the credit card everyone complained about it, bad for employee morale, the company did dysfunctional things that would put even more tasks on you. After 5 years my attitude got horrible just from the complete stress and the inability to work my dept. it, unfortunately, led up to me quitting. Jan.2018 2 managers ganged up on me in a office discussion, anytime you were called to the office, it was you against 2 or more managers, you could't have another employee in with you to verify your side, so it got heated and i resigned on the spot. I immediately involved the distr mangr and was asked 3 times to come back, found out the managers did't handle the situation properly and could have sued the company but just didt want more stress of that either.
Pros
Everyone i worked with, working in domestics
Cons
Pushing their credit card, Could NOT focus on your department, had to do way too many things in any given day, Christmas, Horrible!
Working in Marshalls is so much fun. Taking customers, offering credit cards, merchandising on floor. Marshalls is diverse and it's fun to work with everyone as a team. The management is really good and I learned new stuff every day. How to handle the front by myself, how to reduce shrink, how to damage the stuff, etc. As far as, the hardest part of the job, I didn't face any hard part of my workplace in five years but whenever I work I really enjoy.
You always had something to do the only time you can relax is when you are on break. I've learned a lot about retail from restocking, organizing the aisles and also labeling, I was also a cashier as well so I kind of got a glimpse of every part of the store and how retail really operates on a daily basis. Management for the most part was okay. The hardest part was trying to get the customers to buy gift cards for discounts on purchases. Workplace culture, I believed everyone was treated with the upmost respect. I liked being a merchandiser more than working anything else inside the place.
Pros
discounts
Cons
long hours when I first started
The experience you will get working at Marshall's as a ASM really depends on you.
While I am goal and task driven, the constantly never ending tasks can be a burden and can easily set you off the work/life balance.

During my years working here I have seen both managers that would work 12 hours or more every day until risking to get injured in order to achieve their goals and complete all tasks, to the managers that will be in the office and leave on time most days.

The middle ground will always be the way to go, but your store manager will affect your desire to work in a certain location.

As in most companies, there are good parts and there are bad parts.

But Marshall's will teach you a lot and will be a memorable experience.
Pros
team work, great associates, fantastic insurance, good 401k
Cons
N/a
Marshall's is a fast paced growing company with good benefits for associates. Marshall's is serving their customers with latest branded items on discounted rates.
Pros
excellent customer service
Cons
strict company policies
Cool place to start your career as sales assosciate and climb to the top as a manager. The working enviroment is good and music is always playing, u get time for breaks too.
Enjoying part of work keep workinh & looking arrows new stock that come in every other day
Shop more get discount on items

Staff is friendly

On weekends is very busy
Pros
Pay for what you eat
Cons
Have to punchin /out for breaks
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Marshalls. Our community is ready to answer.
2.8K
Comparably
Diversity Score
TOP25%
In the Top 25% of similar size companies
The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Marshalls.