Marshalls Employee Reviews

31.6K
Found 5,785 reviews matching the search See all 6,035 reviews
experience
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALJuly 21, 2018
This job was ok. Manager was a little high strung but was good at her job. Could not keep an assistant manager. Healthy work place all types of people work there from different walks of life.
Productive and cultural friendly
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CAJuly 20, 2018
Marshall is a very fun productive place to work, the employees are friendly and also the managers are too.
It’s also like working with a big family that branches out.
Pros
Breaks in between, 45min lunches
Cons
The pay is ok and their are no benefits
Fun in every aisle
Associate (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJuly 20, 2018
Working at Marshalls is like redecorating your home every day. Its fun and the people here are always helpful and kind. The management team is always helpful and know how to keep the team positive.
Fashion is fun!
Processor (Former Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLJuly 20, 2018
It was a good environment to work in. Learned a lot about the fashion industry. What clothes and colors were in for that season. Operated register. Sorted, tagged and hanged clothing. Also a friendly environment.
Pros
Clothes! And learning!
Cons
Not enough hours
its an okay job
Crew member (Former Employee) –  Bellingham, WAJuly 19, 2018
expected me to do things w/o a lot training. asked questions but was a fast paced, stressful environment to where my questions about training were ignored. manager not very organized with scheduling
Pros
good products
Cons
short breaks
Great place to work in
Marshall's Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Santa Ana, CAJuly 19, 2018
Management is very organized and protocols are always followed and placed. The hours are flexible as long as notice is given a 2 weeks ahead of time. Staff is wonderful as well.
Pros
discounts, friendly co-workers, great managment
management
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Middletown, NYJuly 19, 2018
management responsibility opening closing hiring terminating training payroll scheduling store operations conference calls pl anagrams inventory loss prevetion
Wouldn't go back
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Linden, NJJuly 19, 2018
Job was all over the place, did not see myself growing one bit with this company at all. However, if this may be your first job I would give it a try. Retail isn't for everyone.
good people
Customer Service Coordinator (Former Employee) –  McDonough, GAJuly 19, 2018
it was fun at time, like all jobs there's good and bad. I did my job and help when needed. some mgrs had fav's, some worked hard and knew their jobs, other's didn't.
Pros
saw great things to buy
Cons
low discount, short lunches
I honestly liked the job just a hassle getting there, busy stressful environment though sometimes.
Merchandise Associate (Former Employee) –  Bethlehem, PAJuly 19, 2018
I think if there were more consistency of working around everyone's schedule would have been great. Training everyone like it was supposed to be. Senority doesn't matter there.
Pros
Flexible scheduling
Cons
Everyone is not on the same page as far as what helps all employees.
cool job
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNJuly 19, 2018
Ben there for 3 years and getting less hours.. the people are great. need to learn how to organize better................................................
Pros
the people
Cons
everything
Great environment to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Greensburg, PAJuly 18, 2018
I've had fun working there and at the same time made enough money that I needed to buy everything I needed. The discounts are about ten to twenty percent off, so needing clothes is NOT a problem. The sales crew are a great team to work with. They help during rush hour, no slacking off. And the manager will always work with any situation that occurs while on the job.
Pros
Discounts on clothing
Productive and Fun Work Place
Frontend Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Columbia, SCJuly 18, 2018
Marshalls is a very Organized work place, Very intentive to our Customer's Making sure the Customer's have a great Shopping Experience, Providng Cashiers with the Knowledge they need to help the Customer's
Pros
Good Benefits and Good work enviroment
Cons
I had to relocate to another Marshalls and they took me from Full-Time to Part-Time
its alright
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  West Bend, WIJuly 18, 2018
great place to get customer service experience but your value to the company depends on how many credit cards you sell. if you cant sell the card they will give you poor hours/ shift positions. dont expect to get recognition of any kind for giving up days off to come in to work or for extending multiple shifts up to 13.5 hours a day. busy during the holidays but might get one day a week after the season is over. store manager needed to be better trained to be a leader and not just a boss.
Pros
10% discount
Cons
high expectations, no recognition for adding extra hours or giving up days off to work, too much emphasis on selling credit card
Horrible
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Tustin, CAJuly 18, 2018
Working at this location is horrible! Management is never around when needed. Management also does not follow policy. The amount of work and responsibility that is required for you do to is not worth the pay or the stress. Oh and the pay here is minimum which is 12. I mean if your going to be standing, carrying heavy items, dealing with custmers, maintaining your area clean, and stocking your area all while business hours are open, well then your better of applying at in n out i mean at least they pay 15 to start.
Very productive work and fast pace alway something to do.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Wilson, NCJuly 18, 2018
A typical day at Marshalls was very exciting there was always something to do which I loved. There wasn't anything that I did not like about this job except the lack of store hours for part time employees. The fact that people looked to u for help and fashionable advice I just loved! Nothing was to hard to tackle and I learned so much about pricing and discounting items.
Pros
Discount on all items even if markdown
Cons
no benefits
Cec
Customer Service Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Nashua, NH 03063July 18, 2018
It was a fun place t o work at but the pay wasn't good. It was difficult to get good hours on a weekly basis. They promoted within the company bit tenure didn't matter.
Pros
45 minute lunches, flexible schedule
Cons
bad management
Their products ere great and affordable
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Clark, NJJuly 17, 2018
the products that they sold were great. I still shop there. There was little room or opportunity for advancement. The location was in Clark, NJ, which is a very nice town. I loved traveling there.
Pros
there were many sales, so as an employee, you got the first look at the great savings that they offered there.
Cons
Not much room for promotion or advancement.
Easy going, sometimes stressful and fun.
Cashier/Stocker (Current Employee) –  Mechanicsburg, PA, Reading PAJuly 17, 2018
I have worked for Marshalls for 6 years it is a wonderful company. They are very flexible with your hours and can easily be relocated from different locations. Depending on the management can make it stressful or not.
My store had great management , great teamwork and great success
Merchandising Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Chicopee, MAJuly 17, 2018
My store was a very successful one from the start due to our location and the great management , but not all stores are like this. Ive worked in 5 Marshalls stores in the course of 3 years and all but one was a mediocre experience. The management is what makes the store , honestly. Without a good team of coordinators and managers , any store will crumble . But management here is fantastic and supportive and keep a cheery attitude even through long grueling shifts. Pay is ok and vacation time could be way better but the free catering , breakfast and parties they throw for the employees make up for it somewhat . Significantly more and longer lunch breaks than most retail chains offer , and I've been promoted through the company 3 times and gone through a home goods Marshalls removation , but you must be a very hard worker and show potential and work with managers one on one. Hours are decent around 34-40 hours a week consistently . Very leinient about time off. Workload can be heavy so you need to be fast paced and very organized as well as very good at customer service. Working at Marshall's isnt " what you see is what you get" , it's more of " what you put in is what you will get out."
Pros
Mostly everything
Cons
Some stores are very messy, disorganzied, low to no vacation time until after a year, low full time pay, few raises, low raises, sub par benefits package

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Marshalls. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.8InHerSight Score

2.3Personal Development

3.6Career Opportunities

2.4Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight