Marshalls Employee Reviews

Sale associate rep to provide great customer service
Merchandise Associate (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCMay 27, 2018
Marshalls is a up beat fast past environment. It’s a wonder place to start a customer service experience. My requirements was to obtain a clean working space for myself and for customers.
Pros
You have the oppertunity to talk to different people and learn about different fashions
Limited pros. Controllable cons.
Key Carrier (Current Employee) –  MinnesotaMay 26, 2018
My position as a Key Carrier can be extremely stressful for what I'm compensated. If you're interested in that position, keep in mind you will be acting as a member of management, with all of the stress that goes with it, while being paid about half as much as management. It essentially is a position where you're taking one for the team, and it's a role to prove yourself worthy to being promoted to an Assistant Manager. It's great practice, however, if you are interested in that.

Advice to executives/upper management and store management- Show a little more appreciation to the associates that are running your business. If you can't offer competitive pay, at the very least, you can try to improve the morale of the business. I'm tired of feeling like I'm the only one encouraging this. This company is making plenty of money and growing. That is at least one pro in a dying retail day-and-age.

Hardest part of the job: Stress from a variety of situations (associates calling off or just not showing up at all, customers, high expectations, etc).

Most enjoyable part of the job: When things are running smoothly, it's great! Great morale in the store at times. Plenty of parties. Amazing coworkers that I've made friends with for life. Being a leader- helping others grow and develop within the organization.
Pros
Great morale & help from management, at least on occasion.
Cons
A lot of work & stress for limited pay and benefits.
Just fine
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLMay 26, 2018
Great first job. You learn how to build a tough skin working in retail. You don't get a chance to decide what to work on for the day, because the managers will tell you as soon as you walk in.
Good part-time job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Stony Brook, NYMay 25, 2018
Worked here for about two years and enjoyed it. The managers ranged from extremely nice to tough-but-fair; no really bad managers. Oftentimes had catered lunches. Hard work was noted by managers and coordinaters. Working in the stock room was more fun than being on the floor, which got messy quickly. Scheduling was hit or miss; very few hours during slow times and very heavy hours during the holidays.
Pros
Free lunches, Good managers, Fairly lenient with calling out, Managers and coordinaters will commend you for hard work, Schedules usually posted three weeks in advance
Cons
Fairly low pay, Inconsistent scheduling, Tiny breakroom, Gets very crowded even at non-peak times
Easy going atmosphere
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  OhioMay 25, 2018
Marshall’s was a good part time job for a teenage, high school student. However, it’s not the best place for full time and getting lots of hours. The management was very understanding however not flexible.
Pros
Fun environment to work
Cons
Not flexible on hours
fast paced, crash course intro to sales.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Mobile, ALMay 25, 2018
Consisted of restocking shelves when need be, helping customers through great customer service.

Also ringing up customers, cleaning certain areas of the store for spills, glass and debris.
Pros
great atmosphere for high school, college students.
Cons
rate of pay.
Great Place to work
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYMay 25, 2018
Staff gets along well in a high stress environment at time. We have party's often and Management try's really hard to keep the flow going despite people calling in sick all the time. For most this is there first job.
Pros
Food parties
Cons
Workers are young and not dependable
Good coworkers fun environment .
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Lithonia, GAMay 24, 2018
This was a fast paced yet enjoyable experience. I enjoyed working there very much. The management was very knowledgable About their job, they really seemed to care about thei staff.
Pros
Relaxed place to work
Cons
None I can think of
loved the enviroment
Floor Associate (Former Employee) –  Chula Vista, CAMay 24, 2018
every associate is very nice the managers are awesome i have never worked in a job where they make you feel comfortable and like home, also i totally recommend someone to work here
productive place to work
CASHIER/CUSTOMER SERVICE REP (Former Employee) –  Garland, TXMay 24, 2018
vrey nice place to go to work at.
everyone at the location was absolutely friendly and nice.
they also gave great discounts and they were very understanding.
marshalls
Stocker/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Chino, CAMay 24, 2018
it was a nice place where i learned a lot and everyone was nice and helpful when i had questions i liked putting security censers on items and i didnt injoy cleaning the soap racks
Worst retail job I've had
Cashier, Customer Service, Stocking (Former Employee) –  Leesburg, VAMay 23, 2018
I've worked here for a little over a year.

Hours are hard to get, dealing with rude customers

Little do customers know that we can't just search for an item on the floor. What's on the floor is what's on the floor and whatever you're looking for is probably not where it's supposed to be.

Very disorganized.

Also, I shouldn't have to feel like I'm burdening my FEC when I am cashiering and have to use the restroom.

We should not have to force our customers to sign up for our credit card. It annoys them and if they don't want it they don't want it. We should not have to ask them 4 times.

The store in general is very disorganized. There are clothes all over the sales floor, shoes thrown everywhere in the shoes dept. It's just not appealing.
Cons
short breaks
Great palce to work
Operations Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Jackson, MSMay 23, 2018
Upper Management is poor, overall great company, work life balance should be a major factor. Training and learning is a pro. Getting involved and learning the customer was fun.
Pros
Discount and Benifits
Cons
Upper Management
Trabajo asequible
Layup (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMay 23, 2018
El trabajo en este sitio para mí estuvo bien, no pasé calor dentro de la bodega.
Everyone gets along, a lot of team work.
Seasonal Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Syracuse, NYMay 23, 2018
Recovering the floors. Stocking, customer service, fitting rooms, Tagging the clothes and other items in the warehouse so they are stock ready for the floor.
Pros
50% off.. Good length lunch break. Great team work
Cons
No benefits
I learned new thins there.
Merchandise Recovery Person / Shrink-wrapping (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMay 23, 2018
It was there that I first learned how to use the shrink wrapping and digital machines. I also enjoyed listening to the music over the loud speakers.
Pros
Nice place to work.
Cons
No complaints.
Low Pay, terrible hours, not enough hours
Sales Associate/Markdown Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Modesto, CAMay 22, 2018
I actually liked working at Marshall’s, it was a group interview. They conduct 2 interviews. I thought they were extremely easy. I liked working the early morning 3/4/5 am shift and doing markdowns. I had to stop doing that and I started working regular shifts.
Pros
20% off sometimes, you see deals first
Cons
Pay, hours, shifts
being a sales associate at marshalls
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Southaven, MSMay 22, 2018
Working at Marshalls is overall a fun job. you get to meet new people who may become life time friends. the manager's are willing to work with you and your availability to work. while working at Marshalls I learned how to give great service to customers.
Pros
decent pay
Cons
short break
work here if you dont care about a positive work environment
Marshalls Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Arden, NCMay 22, 2018
As a person that works best of a positive work environment, and compliments from management, this job was the worst. Management rarely talked to me, and when they did, it was only to tell me what I was doing wrong. The only positive relationship I was able to build was with a coordinator that was more laid back then the rest of the management. I also asked to be moved from the position I was in multiple times, but never was, which was very upsetting.
Fun work place
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Sugar Land, TXMay 21, 2018
My first day at Marshalls i made friends. It usually awkward the first couple days until you know people but everyone's made me feel like i had known them forever