Marshfield Clinic Health System Employee Reviews

A friendly environment yet a keep you on your toes pace.
Supply Technician (Former Employee) –  Wausau, WISeptember 24, 2018
I really liked working at MC because I love staying busy. Having to order and deliver and make sure all the departments had their supplies was a non-stop job.

I really liked getting to know all the nurses and doctors on a one to one basis and being able to fulfill their needs to complete their job to the best of our abilities.

I wouldn't mind having that job back, but I don't enjoy the winter months at all.
Pros
friendly co workers
Cons
long lunch break, no raises or advancement
Excellent work environment
Telemetry Technician (Current Employee) –  Eau Claire, WISeptember 20, 2018
I cannot say enough good things about working at the new hospital. Your ideas matter. Your life outside of work is important. The stress level here is so much less than any other place I have worked because the staff looks ahead to solve problems. Very different from the other 3 hospitals I have worked.
Pros
Do not have to take PTO for vacations.
Cut throat business
Support Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Wausau, WISeptember 11, 2018
I was forced out because of my disability once Every day was a toxic hole finally landed in the Health Care Center from a break down because of the stress.
Pros
Cons
toxic work place.
great place to work
Appointment Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Eau Claire, WISeptember 5, 2018
It was a wonderful place to work and wonderful people to work with. The manager was amazing! The hardest part of the job was not knowing what time I would be done and having to drive home late sometimes, but otherwise it was perfect
Never a dull time
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Wausau, WISeptember 3, 2018
Very good computer software to use and pretty easy to learn. The best part of the job is working with the internal and external customers. What I learned is that things are never as them seem.
Benefits
Respected organization.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Marshfield, WIAugust 29, 2018
Great place to work. Organization is always striving to provide employees with a good work environment. Unfortunately, Marshfield area is small and not a lot to offer.
Marshfield Clinic
Corporate Communications & Video Manager (Former Employee) –  Wausau, WIAugust 21, 2018
A typical corporate environment at Marshfield Clinic, and that is really all I have to say about this company, as this forces a 150 minimum character count.
Great job and advancment
EVS Housekeeping (Current Employee) –  Marshfield, WIAugust 19, 2018
Theres always something to do and staffs always willing to help overall its a great place to work if your looking for personal growth just ask and theyll help. Theres good days and bad no matter where you go but when you break it down whenever you need the HR and communication is there.
Pros
PTO and benefits
Cons
Short Staffed
Nice work environment with very friendly people
Housekeeper Clinic Nights (Current Employee) –  Marshfield, WIAugust 18, 2018
My typical day consisted of sanitizing all areas of contact throughout the hospital. I learned how to put the patients needs first and how to appreciate every persons role throughout the hospital as all roles are important to beneficing patients lives in a positive light. Management is decent, at times it feel like they would ask too much for one person to do but at the same time they try to get everyone involved to lend a helping hand out as much as they can despite when the departments are severely short staffed. The management also tries to appease all their coworkers needs even when times are tough. The workplace culture is very inviting and everyone is nice to all workers. The hardest part of the job is when a floor has too many patients discharging around the same time and when they want a certain room to be done in a short amount of time. It is nice when staff other than the housekeepers give out a helping hand putting items away as it helps us clean the room faster for the incoming patient. The most enjoyable part of the job is when things go slow, it gives us time to catch up on other projects to do around there like stock isolation stations, dusting, and sanitizing the handrails.
Pros
Good exercise
Cons
Short breaks, too many discharges at the end of the day for the night shift to handle
Indifferent
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Rice LakeAugust 16, 2018
managers Love conflict, retribution when complained about. Manager prefers drama and puts employees against ea other. Very stressful and unappreciated

Hr did nothing to assist in conflicts, always took managers side and labelled.ut as " manager discretion"
Benefits
Cons
Lack of fairness, management
Great company to work for
Marshfield Clinic (Current Employee) –  Marshfield, WIAugust 15, 2018
I learned a lot working for MCHS, co-workers are great people, get a long with everyone. Also, great benefits and paid time off, which is a plus! Working night shift is rough but got use to it.
Horrible place to work
Employee (Current Employee) –  Rice Lake, WIAugust 15, 2018
Horrible. Drama worse than middle school.. it feels more like a factory than a clinic who's main priority is caring for patients. Co workers are very unfriendly and will tattled on you for every little thing.
Transient Leadership - Poor work environment - benefit cuts
worker bee (Current Employee) –  Marshfield, WIAugust 5, 2018
A poor work environement is pervasive throughout the system. The Clinic used to be a great place to work, but is now run by out of town consultants and transient leaders who stop in for a couple years, leave, and let us clean up the mess.

Employees are now penalized for taking the heath insurance, which is ironic since one of the main subisidiaries is SHP, the insurance company. Retirement has also been cut, except for executives.
Pros
Monopoly
Cons
Poor leadership
Good position until merger
Patient Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Stevens Point, WIAugust 3, 2018
Merger goofed everything up. Made systems slower, more confusing, terrible for patients. Patients would easily become irritated by now having to establish payment arrangements for each individual vs. family group.
First job
Research Associate (Former Employee) –  Marshfield, WIJuly 26, 2018
Marshfield Clinic was my first job out of college. I was very grateful to be able to get hands on experienced and I continued working part-time here for almost 5 years.
Terrible work enviroment.
Pre-op / PACU Nurse (Former Employee) –  EauClaire wiJuly 19, 2018
I started work at this ASC 3 years ago. It was a very busy place to work but I learned a lot. Adminstering IV narcotics to meet my patients needs for pain management. Cerner computer charting system. I become proficient in starting IV's for surgery. Workplace culture was not good. I was primarily PACU nurse and other nurses did not want to come and work in our area. We did not have a lot of autonomy and were micro managed. Our schedule time to start would often change every day with a call the night before. I did enjoy the patients and the job but the management and culture was not good. We had travel nurses come work with us and they even confirmed my feelings. This has been my only experience in this nurses setting.
Pros
Retirement plan good.
Cons
Health insurance not good.
Pretty Decent Place To Work
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Mosinee, WIJuly 19, 2018
I enjoyed my job at Marshfield Clinic because it was at one of the smaller centers. The bigger centers like main Marshfield, it’s chaotic. My boss was wonderful!!!
Dynamic, fast moving organization
Director of Virtual Health (Current Employee) –  Marshfield, WIJuly 17, 2018
If you like moving at blinding speeds, you will love working at MCHS. While it can be challenging, the people here are helpful and true team members.
Loved the job
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Marshfield, WIJuly 11, 2018
Hated my manager, once she set her sites, you were out. I tried to stay under her radar... She makes a second career out of tattling in HR. She has her favorites, tho they are all unprofessional.
Friendly Work Environment
Student Radiographer (Current Employee) –  Wausau, WIJuly 10, 2018
Marshfield Clinic Wausau Center has a friendly and welcoming environment. Staff is always ready and willing to help each other whenever it is needed.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Marshfield Clinic Health System. Our community is ready to answer.