Marshfield Clinic Health System Employee Reviews

Awful Overall Experience
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Eau Claire, WIDecember 1, 2018
This was one of the worst organizations I've ever worked for. Management says they are there for you but having 4 managers for one department with lack of communication between them made it difficult to have concerns heard. Overworked and underpaid.
Bad management
Receptionist and Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Minocqua, WINovember 30, 2018
They had bad management in my department, They didn't allow me to change departments and preferred to keep the bad company and let the good company go. Management was more of a friend to the trouble makers and didn't act as they were supposed to.
Pros
Nice pay and benefits
Cons
Management needs to be changed a bit in departments
Great work environment.
Continuing Medical Education Specialist (Former Employee) –  Marshfield, WINovember 27, 2018
Worked hard together with great team members. The organization is very supportive to employees dedicated to employee development. Collaborative and great team spirit approach. Worked hard play harder.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
n/a
Co-workers were nice.
HR Leave Management Analyst (Former Employee) –  Marshfield, WINovember 25, 2018
Position was very busy, stressful at times, and involved a lot of multi tasking. Although with today's technology there are still several tasks involving manual calculations. Process improvement continues on an on-going basis creating consistencies within the department and more efficient workflows.
Run
Not sure (Former Employee) –  Eau Claire, WINovember 24, 2018
Progressively declining at lightning speed. Only care about money. Many violations. Extremely toxic and unprofessional in all departments. Essentially an adult daycare center. Doesn't pay enough to destroy your life. One massive joke and I'm embarrassed to have even worked here.
Cons
If you want to advance in your career.. this is not the place for you
CMA/CNA (Former Employee) –  Eau Claire, WINovember 21, 2018
Marshfield Clinic likes to make promises they cannot keep because they 'do not have the funds' is their main excuse. They are more worried about money and opening new hospitals that they cannot keep staff. Staff are treated very poorly; benefits and pay are very poor. Advancement is a no go. Marshfield Clinic has an awful reimbursement program for education and rarely work with their employees to attend schooling. Do yourself a favor and avoid this train wreck. Need a break? Forget it.. they are aware they are breaking the law but do not care. Burn out rates are very high.
Pros
Cons
Little to no breaks; Awful pay and benefits; organization does not value their staff
Point of Care (Current Employee) –  Marshfield, WINovember 19, 2018
The management is great. They are very inclusive and make sure everyone is up to date every day on current events. They make sure you are prepared for the job.
Hospital
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Eau Claire, WINovember 18, 2018
Marshfield Clinic Health System (The New Hospital) is a place that is disorganized, management, not professional. Managers don't care to listen to anything you have to say. Lots of manipulating managers, coworkers. No teamwork.
Pros
Cons
Management. Scary place to have surgery.
Growing Health System
Software Product Analyst (Former Employee) –  Marshfield, WINovember 15, 2018
The Health System is constantly growing. 2 areas that this company should focus on are existing employees and communication. Changes are occurring very quickly thus it's hard to keep up with everything.

The most enjoyable part of my job is the flexibility.
Great place
Accounts Payable Clerk (Former Employee) –  Marshfield, WINovember 14, 2018
Although you work hard and it is at times stressful, the company values their employees and the benefits and compensation are worthwhile. They reward you with advancement opportunities.
Pros
Growth
Cons
Stress
Enjoyable environment to work in, but long hours.
Advocare Enrollment Specialist II (Former Employee) –  Marshfield, WINovember 5, 2018
A nice place to work - friendly people for the most part. I enjoyed the work I did, but I worked long hours (which seems to be expected). I worked overtime every day I was employed there, plus worked every weekend and some holidays. There's a pretty good workload, but the salary is pretty good.
Pros
Good work environment
Cons
Long work hours
Not a very friendly or happy environment to work in.
Claims Processor (Former Employee) –  Marshfield, WINovember 5, 2018
Some departments are great to work in, but most departments are very stressful and demanding with an overwhelming workload. The salary does not compensate for the workload, and there's a lot of "back-stabbing" and gossiping that goes on.
Never been so disappointed.
Sterile Processing Technician (Former Employee) –  Eau Claire, WINovember 4, 2018
I worked at a trauma hospital for about 3 years and came here to the most disorganized department I have ever seen. I've tried helping fix multiple problems and all the upper management doesn't care. I have seen HIPAA violations, bullying, and alot of patient safety concerns. I don't plan to ever work for this company again.
Cons
One break in a 8 hour shift, sexual harassment, favoritism, and the list is forever going
I have enjoyed my job.
Radiologic Technologist (Current Employee) –  Wittenberg, WIOctober 26, 2018
I have worked for Marshfield Clinic for 12 years and have enjoyed my job immensely. The people are great. Managers are good as well. I wouldn't leave if I didn't have to.
Unhappy
Referral Service Representative (Former Employee) –  eau claire wiOctober 24, 2018
was glad they closed my department. We had 3 managers for 10 employees. Does that even make sense? I management were ladies on powertrips who took great pride in cutting and bringing down others.
Pros
Cons
management
Typical day at work
Clinical Quality Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Weston, WIOctober 18, 2018
In my 11 years of health care, my day consisted of reviewing my schedule to see how many patients I was going to be rooming for the next day and completing each patient's chart per the Doctor preference and requests. I would set the exam rooms accordingly to what the patient was coming in for. For example, if a patient was coming in for a wart treatment, I would make sure the liquid nitrogen container was available for the doctor to use to treat the wart. Once I called the patient back to the exam room, I would wash my hands and then review patient' medication, allergies, prevention reminders and note their reason for visit. If patient was due for any vaccinations, I would complete that for the patient per the doctor's orders. If any lab work was needed, I would put that into the clinical order manager per doctor's order. After patient leaves, I would go back in the exam room and wipe down the exam table, seats and counters for the next patient.

My managers have been the most supportive to me throughout my 11 years. Their doors were always open for any questions or concerns. I have grown to be a better person and employee for the team because my managers were wonderful.

What I enjoyed most about my job was seeing my patients. If they came in upset, I made sure they would leave feeling happier. It was so important for me that I made sure I do my part because I would want to be treated like that too.

The hardest part of my job is seeing patients sad when they hear bad news about their health. I have learned in my career to empathize with the patients and let them know
  more... I care and although I am not in their shoe, that I will carry their burden with them.  less
Pros
Patient satisfaction.
Dishonest organization, employees are the last to know about major changes. Employees can never feel secure about job duties not changing.
Operating Room Nurse (Current Employee) –  Marshfield, WIOctober 7, 2018
MCHS is an ever changing organization who claims to value its employees and its mission to serve patients and make their health care the most affordable. It is my opinion that they do not live up to these promises.
Pros
Coworkers are awesome.
Cons
Variable hours, lack of work/life balance
A friendly environment yet a keep you on your toes pace.
Supply Technician (Former Employee) –  Wausau, WISeptember 24, 2018
I really liked working at MC because I love staying busy. Having to order and deliver and make sure all the departments had their supplies was a non-stop job.

I really liked getting to know all the nurses and doctors on a one to one basis and being able to fulfill their needs to complete their job to the best of our abilities.

I wouldn't mind having that job back, but I don't enjoy the winter months at all.
Pros
friendly co workers
Cons
long lunch break, no raises or advancement
Excellent work environment
Telemetry Technician (Current Employee) –  Eau Claire, WISeptember 20, 2018
I cannot say enough good things about working at the new hospital. Your ideas matter. Your life outside of work is important. The stress level here is so much less than any other place I have worked because the staff looks ahead to solve problems. Very different from the other 3 hospitals I have worked.
Pros
Do not have to take PTO for vacations.
Cut throat business
Support Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Wausau, WISeptember 11, 2018
I was forced out because of my disability once Every day was a toxic hole finally landed in the Health Care Center from a break down because of the stress.
Pros
Cons
toxic work place.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Marshfield Clinic Health System. Our community is ready to answer.