Marshfield Clinic Health System Employee Reviews

Don't bother
RN Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Eau Claire, WIMarch 14, 2019
Lack of necessary equipment, lack of training, Poor management, More travelers than permanent staff. Felt pushed aside as a permanent staff member. Because of poor staffing, you never know when you will go home at the end of the day.
Loved working with patients
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Ladysmith, WIFebruary 14, 2019
My job was pretty nice I was able to interact with patients and take blood successfully, I was very happy with my career choices because it is very rewarding and you can move up on the ladder to a new career.
Pros
Great workers
Cons
Short breaks
Laundry aid (Former Employee) –  Marsh field wisFebruary 14, 2019
I learn a lot about the laundry department. Over all had good hours . had good manager would work with you . would set goals . Learn different skills i the department. .
Pros
Open
Cons
Open
Managers treat nonprofessional like little children.
Multiple Positions (Former Employee) –  Marshfield, WIFebruary 8, 2019
No flexibility, management treat nonprofessional staff like little children and make them held accountable for every second of the day. Good hard working people are leaving !! If you are a professional in some departments well, some have it made. It’s called double set of standards, one for professionals and one for the workers. See this all the time!
But I have met some amazing coworkers.
Pros
Some good coworkers
Cons
management are awful!!!!! But I think the top dogs tell management to be this way!!
Demanding
Education Specialist (Current Employee) –  Marshfield, WIFebruary 5, 2019
I enjoy my job. There is never any advancement and you are not treated with respect from the top leadership and you never know if you will have a job one day and then let go the next.
Medical Transcriptionist (Former Employee) –  Marshfield, WIJanuary 15, 2019
I enjoyed my job but medical transcription was contracted to an outside company. I enjoyed my coworkers and interacting with them. My manager was very good to work with. I would recommend Marshfield Health System to a friend.
Enjoyed the ability to work from home for the Clinic.
Medical Transcriptionist (Former Employee) –  Wausau, WIJanuary 9, 2019
I totally enjoyed my job as a medical transcriptionist. Being we worked from home, we knew we were trusted with the discipline it took to work from home. My manager and assistant manager as well as my teammates were all amazing and supportive. I believe the most enjoyable part of my job was knowing I was making a difference in a patient's life by being a part of their care at Marshfield Clinic.
Lousy workplace, lousy job
IT Technician (Former Employee) –  Eau Claire, WIJanuary 6, 2019
They are more worried about money than anything else.

They cannot keep staff. This was heard everywhere.

Staff are treated poorly; I worked in IT. My beginning training was reformatting computers and cleaning them. I received no training on how to do other things like off-network software, their proprietary software, or things like that. I was on the job one week when my co-worker went on vacation...and I still didn't have training on certain things I needed to know.

Trainers wouldn't show up for the training and supervisors woudn't be there for scheduled meetings.

Due to declining health I requested to not be on-call, which was granted. A short time later we were told we all had to have our work phones on us at all times, and turned on, just in case. But they wouldn't pay for us being permanently on-call. And if you got a call, and explained you weren't on-call, you got in trouble for it.

They don't care about their employees, just the bottom line.

They feel they're above the law and don't care.

Avoid this place unless you want to get sick to your stomach each time you think about work.

Burn out rates are very high
Eau Claire Hospital/Surgery Center
RN (Current Employee) –  Eau Claire, WIDecember 22, 2018
Great management, great coworkers, and great new hospital! Patients get great care in the surgical areas. Pay is competitive. Call is a lot right now but people are flexible about trading and taking days. Overall good work environment compared to other places I’ve worked
Pros
Management, People, Retirement Plan, Pto
Cons
Call, stress of new facility
Overall Good Employer
System Document Control Specialist (Current Employee) –  Marshfield, WIDecember 14, 2018
MCHS is a large facility with many different job opportunities for all education levels. Job satisfaction varies by department and management. There is room to grow and advance career if so desired.
Mfc
Pod Nurse/Care Coordination (Former Employee) –  Ladysmith, WIDecember 4, 2018
I enjoyed my varied job duties as no one day was ever the same. Most of my co-workers were great to work with but as with any place you work there is a bad apple or two. My job was salaried and I usual worked longer than my 8 hour but was able to leave early on other days to compensate.
Awful Overall Experience
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Eau Claire, WIDecember 1, 2018
This was one of the worst organizations I've ever worked for. Management says they are there for you but having 4 managers for one department with lack of communication between them made it difficult to have concerns heard. Overworked and underpaid.
Bad management
Receptionist and Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Minocqua, WINovember 30, 2018
They had bad management in my department, They didn't allow me to change departments and preferred to keep the bad company and let the good company go. Management was more of a friend to the trouble makers and didn't act as they were supposed to.
Pros
Nice pay and benefits
Cons
Management needs to be changed a bit in departments
Great work environment.
Continuing Medical Education Specialist (Former Employee) –  Marshfield, WINovember 27, 2018
Worked hard together with great team members. The organization is very supportive to employees dedicated to employee development. Collaborative and great team spirit approach. Worked hard play harder.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
n/a
Co-workers were nice.
HR Leave Management Analyst (Former Employee) –  Marshfield, WINovember 25, 2018
Position was very busy, stressful at times, and involved a lot of multi tasking. Although with today's technology there are still several tasks involving manual calculations. Process improvement continues on an on-going basis creating consistencies within the department and more efficient workflows.
Run
Not sure (Former Employee) –  Eau Claire, WINovember 24, 2018
Progressively declining at lightning speed. Only care about money. Many violations. Extremely toxic and unprofessional in all departments. Essentially an adult daycare center. Doesn't pay enough to destroy your life. One massive joke and I'm embarrassed to have even worked here.
Cons
If you want to advance in your career.. this is not the place for you
CMA/CNA (Former Employee) –  Eau Claire, WINovember 21, 2018
Marshfield Clinic likes to make promises they cannot keep because they 'do not have the funds' is their main excuse. They are more worried about money and opening new hospitals that they cannot keep staff. Staff are treated very poorly; benefits and pay are very poor. Advancement is a no go. Marshfield Clinic has an awful reimbursement program for education and rarely work with their employees to attend schooling. Do yourself a favor and avoid this train wreck. Need a break? Forget it.. they are aware they are breaking the law but do not care. Burn out rates are very high.
Pros
Cons
Little to no breaks; Awful pay and benefits; organization does not value their staff
Point of Care (Current Employee) –  Marshfield, WINovember 19, 2018
The management is great. They are very inclusive and make sure everyone is up to date every day on current events. They make sure you are prepared for the job.
Hospital
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Eau Claire, WINovember 18, 2018
Marshfield Clinic Health System (The New Hospital) is a place that is disorganized, management, not professional. Managers don't care to listen to anything you have to say. Lots of manipulating managers, coworkers. No teamwork.
Pros
Cons
Management. Scary place to have surgery.
Growing Health System
Software Product Analyst (Former Employee) –  Marshfield, WINovember 15, 2018
The Health System is constantly growing. 2 areas that this company should focus on are existing employees and communication. Changes are occurring very quickly thus it's hard to keep up with everything.

The most enjoyable part of my job is the flexibility.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Marshfield Clinic Health System. Our community is ready to answer.