Marshfield Clinic Health System Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Great company to work for
Marshfield Clinic (Current Employee) –  Marshfield, WIAugust 15, 2018
I learned a lot working for MCHS, co-workers are great people, get a long with everyone. Also, great benefits and paid time off, which is a plus! Working night shift is rough but got use to it.
Horrible place to work
Employee (Current Employee) –  Rice Lake, WIAugust 15, 2018
Horrible. Drama worse than middle school.. it feels more like a factory than a clinic who's main priority is caring for patients. Co workers are very unfriendly and will tattled on you for every little thing.
Transient Leadership - Poor work environment - benefit cuts
worker bee (Current Employee) –  Marshfield, WIAugust 5, 2018
A poor work environement is pervasive throughout the system. The Clinic used to be a great place to work, but is now run by out of town consultants and transient leaders who stop in for a couple years, leave, and let us clean up the mess.

Employees are now penalized for taking the heath insurance, which is ironic since one of the main subisidiaries is SHP, the insurance company. Retirement has also been cut, except for executives.
Pros
Monopoly
Cons
Poor leadership
Good position until merger
Patient Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Stevens Point, WIAugust 3, 2018
Merger goofed everything up. Made systems slower, more confusing, terrible for patients. Patients would easily become irritated by now having to establish payment arrangements for each individual vs. family group.
Terrible work enviroment.
Pre-op / PACU Nurse (Former Employee) –  EauClaire wiJuly 19, 2018
I started work at this ASC 3 years ago. It was a very busy place to work but I learned a lot. Adminstering IV narcotics to meet my patients needs for pain management. Cerner computer charting system. I become proficient in starting IV's for surgery. Workplace culture was not good. I was primarily PACU nurse and other nurses did not want to come and work in our area. We did not have a lot of autonomy and were micro managed. Our schedule time to start would often change every day with a call the night before. I did enjoy the patients and the job but the management and culture was not good. We had travel nurses come work with us and they even confirmed my feelings. This has been my only experience in this nurses setting.
Pros
Retirement plan good.
Cons
Health insurance not good.
Pretty Decent Place To Work
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Mosinee, WIJuly 19, 2018
I enjoyed my job at Marshfield Clinic because it was at one of the smaller centers. The bigger centers like main Marshfield, it’s chaotic. My boss was wonderful!!!
Dynamic, fast moving organization
Director of Virtual Health (Current Employee) –  Marshfield, WIJuly 17, 2018
If you like moving at blinding speeds, you will love working at MCHS. While it can be challenging, the people here are helpful and true team members.
Loved the job
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Marshfield, WIJuly 11, 2018
Hated my manager, once she set her sites, you were out. I tried to stay under her radar... She makes a second career out of tattling in HR. She has her favorites, tho they are all unprofessional.
Friendly Work Environment
Student Radiographer (Current Employee) –  Wausau, WIJuly 10, 2018
Marshfield Clinic Wausau Center has a friendly and welcoming environment. Staff is always ready and willing to help each other whenever it is needed.
Management is the worst.
Phlebotomist/Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  Eau Claire, WIJune 28, 2018
Co-workers were great for the most part. Management not even remotely prepared for the hospital opening. Management delegates everything to staff and is basically non existent, leaving staff feeling abandoned and on their own.
Pros
Co-workers
Cons
Management or lack of.
Great job
Food Service Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Marshfield, WIJune 27, 2018
Overall a great place to work! Management slowly became difficult to work with due to lack of employers, however excellent starter experience in the health field
Pros
Free lunches
Nice company, extremely low paying
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Marshfield, WIJune 19, 2018
Work 8 hours per day. Fair deal of medical language. Good management staff that truly have an open door policy. The work culture is friendly and inviting.
Pros
Friendly staff
Cons
Low pay
Staff helpful and friendly
Release of Medical Information Specialist (Former Employee) –  Park Falls, WIJune 10, 2018
As a Release of Medical Information Specialist it was great to work with the public as well as other healthcare facilities. The days went fast as there was always a back log to catch up.
Pros
Learned a lot
Cons
not enough hours
Consistent place to work
Managed Care Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Rice Lake, WIJune 3, 2018
Marshfield Clinic is a friendly environment. Marshfield Clinic is constantly changing as is healthcare in general. Patient's are a top priority when they come through the doors.
Good place to work.
Echocardiography technician intern (Former Employee) –  Marshfield, WIMay 14, 2018
Great place to work and fun, motivated group of people. Everyone is very down to earth and friendly and it is a great hospital that does a lot of up and coming research and operations.
Unreasonable health insurance
Dental Assistant (Current Employee) –  Marshfield, WIMay 12, 2018
Ive been with Marshfield Clinic for 7 years. Love my job but have a second part-time job to pay for my high insurance premium and medications which cover almost nothing, with a deductable so high its impossible for a single mother.
Cons
Healthcare/Insurance
Fast paced
Appointment Coordinator and Business Assistant (Current Employee) –  Chippewa Falls, WIMay 9, 2018
Marshfield clinic has always been a faced pace environment in the different departments I have worked, but we also have always seemed to be short staffed.
Hardest part of job
Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Wausau, WIMay 8, 2018
Wanting and needing decision to be made from senior leadership can take a long time. Decisions are made without input from end users. Staff opinions/experience are not taken seriously.
Pros
great retiement
Cons
unorganized
Traditional place to work
Benefits (Former Employee) –  Marshfield, WIMay 3, 2018
Micro managed by non professional supervisors. Older building not a lot of training to grow employees. Need to work on the root of better education .
A job that will make the day fly.
Credentialing Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Marshfield, WIMay 1, 2018
There are a lot of tasks that need to be done. There is no time to be bored. You are able to work with providers and contacts that assist with the functions for both to be done.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Marshfield Clinic Health System. Our community is ready to answer.