Marten Transport Employee Reviews

Loved the driver support.
CDL Class A Driver (Former Employee) –  Mondovi, WIOctober 21, 2018
While at Maraten I felt entirely welcome to go to any level of management for support as needed. The in sservice and safety support were excellent. The company was very supportive and proactive in making sure my medical needs were met for an on the job injury. It was great that they were able to provide on site company work while recovering and in PT in Mondovi.
Pros
Good equipment
Cons
Not enough home time that is on time
Bad
Driver/Operator (Former Employee) –  Clarksville, AROctober 8, 2018
Too big and no real character of management. Far to low of pay for the hours and stress that was involved. I would not recommend this company to drivers.
Good Company and staff.
Road Tester, Recovery Truck Retrieval (Former Employee) –  DeSoto, TXOctober 4, 2018
We had a great orientation team that was able to effectively pass recruits through the system to getting their own trucks and being out on the road in record time. Each recruit was tested for driving skills and transported to and from the hotel that was provided for them. I helped oversee computer training, assisting the new hires in the process. I also assisted the Orientation Coordinator in acquiring the necessary documents to pass the recruits to the next step, getting their truck and trailer and going out on the road. I taught a class in computerized logging using the on-board system that was installed in each unit. It was a great place to work, met a lot of neat people and worked with a great team.
Pros
Excellant team of people.
Cons
Unable to advance past my position.
Fantastic Place
Driver (Former Employee) –  Shelbyville, TNSeptember 20, 2018
I loved working here. I was treated fairly and like I mattered to the company. The pay was great, home time was decent, if I had the opportunity to go back I would.
Dont Waste your Time
Driver (Former Employee) –  TampaSeptember 19, 2018
They will Lie Cheat and Steal from you! Dont believe anything there recruiter says... They tell you your on dedicated account but be prepared to make many other short runs in between....than after you quite because they didnt do what they offered they bill you for transportation hotel dot physical drug test...plus on 750 mile run you get paid for 650. You have been warned
Pros
Cons
Many
Really good company if you are looking to be otr
Regional Driver (Current Employee) –  FloridaSeptember 14, 2018
Really good company and people if you want to be a otr driver, if you dont start out local then you can more then likely forget about going local or being anything else then a driver. The pay is okay, depending on what account you are on, they pay you for everything. Good people over all.
Pros
The detention pay, good people, they treat the drivers well.
Cons
No life, home and then right back out.
have no review at this time
Tractor Trailer Operator (Current Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MISeptember 1, 2018
the company it self is great, the management itself lacks in listening and coordinating with drivers, which causes unnecessary stress on drivers, and more hours away from home.
Great Company to work for but poor management decisions
Dedicated Fleet Manager/Dedicated Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OH 45227August 27, 2018
When 1st hired there wasn't a better job. But when our immediate manager changed after 2 years, the manager who came in didn't listen to his people who had been on the account for years. He was a micro-manager who always had to be checking on you and trying to guide you in the wrong way. Manager had no communication skills, listening skills nor back his people, ever.
It's okay.
Truck Driver Class A (Current Employee) –  Tucker, GAAugust 27, 2018
It's a pretty good company if you want to be a over-the-road driver but I need it to be a local driver I let them know that in the beginning and they told me that I would be but soon as I got hired on I wasn't home as a local driver very disappointed.
Great Company
Regional/OTR Refrigerated Trailer Driver (Former Employee) –  OhioAugust 18, 2018
Drive for days and enjoy the open road
The dispatchers were very informed and always willing to help
Managers seem to be as helpful as my dispatcher
Decent Company
Truck Driver Class A (Current Employee) –  USAJuly 24, 2018
Pay could be better for the amount of hours worked, but the management is pretty good at getting drivers what they need. Planning could be a little more organized, as they don't take a lot of things into consideration. Hardest part is being away from home for so long, while in the same vein, the most enjoyable is seeing different places.
Pros
Good benefits, they try to take care of drivers
Cons
Planning can be a little disorganized
good pay but long hours and short hometime
OTR Driver (Former Employee) –  Mondovi, WIJuly 17, 2018
The big reason the pay is high at Marten is they pay for most of your downtime, there is a lot of it. Unfortunately, after the downtime you are under the gun to make ontime deliveries, this is stressful. Work for 3-4 weeks and get three days off but usually the first day, you are so late that it's only 2 days off. In the 2.5 yrs with Marten, I have had 7 managers. The longest one was 10 months, the rest were 4 months or less. This makes for a lot of uncertainty and added stress.
Pros
paid downtime, good pay and benefits
Cons
short home time, long hours, stressful
Truck Driving
Truck Driver Class A CDL (Current Employee) –  Mondovi, WIJuly 14, 2018
It's really enjoyable at first, but after missing much. It's time to be at home. Be more active at home. Learning to be organized, working through traffic, building up patience and experience over the road. I ll have close to a billion miles in 2020.
Shake up
Driver Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Edwardsville, KSJuly 6, 2018
They expected way more from their recruiters than was possible to give. Their benefits were not sufficient to bring or keep drivers there. Promises made and not kept. When I first started the management was great and then came the changes. It went down hill from there unfortunately.
Pros
pay for recruiters
Mid range exp
Commercial Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  WisconsinJune 29, 2018
Mid range experience company for a driver looking to advance from entry level.
Good equipment and shops.
Trucks have extras to make drivers time out easier.
not to bad of a place depending what account your on
professional Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Mondovi, WIJune 22, 2018
company loads could have been dispatched a lot better. all in all a decent place at times but some of the management should not be in their positions.
Pros
own truck to driver to and from work
Cons
pay, rates for insurance
July 3, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback and review. The satisfaction of our drivers and employees is always our top priority, so we regret that you were not satisfied with your time at Marten. We would be happy to discuss more of your specific situation offline. Feel free to contact us directly at marten.recruiting@marten.com or 800-395-3331.

Great Experience
Technician/ Foreman (Former Employee) –  Zionsville, INJune 13, 2018
Loved working here even when things would get stressful, management would always come and work with you to try and get things figured out. Only reason I left was due to moving further away and the drive was very hard on me, company did try to get me to stay but drive was the deciding factor.
Pros
Great facility, and management
Cons
Cant think of any
June 28, 2018

Thank you for your kind words! We're so glad to hear you enjoyed your time at Marten and appreciate you taking a moment to leave your feedback.

A large company that is high on the list for landing spots
Driver (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJune 11, 2018
Compared to other companies like Swift, Knight, Werner, or others, Marten DOes a good job in taking care of their employees. I was referred to by my older brother who has been in trucking for about 25 years. I trust his opinion, so I went for it. Im pretty satisfied.
Pros
Good pay, will keep you moving, decent truck selection
Cons
Governed at 65 MPH, Automatic trans, lack of communication on the weekends
July 3, 2018

Thank you for leaving a 5-star review! We're so glad to hear you are enjoying your time here at Marten and appreciate you taking a moment to leave your feedback.

transportation
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Mondovi, WIJune 5, 2018
The company as a whole I have no problem with, it just that they lied to you 65% of the time, they assign two or more trucks to the same load. So if you were not the first one there, you have to wait until they look for another load. and then you deliver the load you sit a wait for them to do there JOB. and at time you can sit for hours. And when you want to go home, after being out for weeks they NEVER get you home on the day you want or need.
July 3, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. The satisfaction of our drivers is always our top priority, so we regret that you were not overall satisfied with your time at Marten Transport. We would be happy to discuss more of your specific situation offline. Feel free to contact us directly at marten.recruiting@marten.com or 800-395-3331.

Not Capable Management - Favoritism
Acct Manager (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMay 25, 2018
As a Company Marten has some good standards, good policies, and a good work mission. Unfortunately people,( the wrong king of people) are managing the terminals and favor a few. There is a lot of favoritism and only those who know the Director move up and get the opportunities of Advancement. Its who you know, not what you can do at Marten Transport. Stay away, any other company would pay better without the politics.
Pros
Good Corporate Structure - Good Company
Cons
Terrible Manager that help those they know only.
May 29, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. The satisfaction of our drivers is always our top priority, so we regret that you were not satisfied with your situation while at Marten. We would be happy to discuss your specific situation offline. Feel free to contact us directly at marten.recruiting@marten.com or 800-395-3331.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Marten Transport. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about