Marten Transport

Marten Transport Pay & Benefits reviews

Good trucks, okay miles, decent pay some times .If you have some problems u can communicate with your fleet manager or operations manager. Cheap and good health insurance, safety bonus, miles bonus everymonth, new equipment, raises every year.
Pros
lots of bonuses
Cons
little experience
This review is true, we have safety bonus, miles bonus, weekly premium pay (bonus) cheap and good healt insurance. PTO. Yes yes yes :) PTO UP TO 5 weeks best company equipment no more than 4 years old, alot of drop and hook, referral bonus..1st $2000 2nd$2500
Cons
Work-life balanceGreat job consistent milesOverallGreat company if you like to work. Must have good work ethics to make money here. They have nice equipment and up to date. Good incentive program and detention pay.
October 26, 2020
Thank you very much for the review! We appreciate it, and we are glad you are enjoying working for Marten.
Wouldn’t get me off of a low mileage dedicated account. Higher mileage pay didn’t compensate for the low miles. Might be a good company other than that.
October 12, 2020
We are sorry to hear about this situation. Did you get a chance to talk to the operations manager of the account to clear up the issues you were having?
Would you rate your company five stars?
Rate your employer to help people make better career decisions.
Paid detention doesn’t apply on all accounts even though it’s advertised. The guarantee is a salary cap for those who want to run and forces guys to run that want to take it easy. They don’t pay their bonuses. Any extra incentive (holiday pay, bonus for extra day) they offer you doesn’t apply until after the guarantee is met so they end up routing you to hit that guaranteed minimum. And because they are routing the guarantee you will sit a lot if you run hard. A lot of your time is wasted. On the other hand the work is easy. Home time is good. If you go into it with the mentality that they own you 5 days a week for $1100 you’ll be fine. If you’re planning on making 60 cpm money you will feel held back.
Pros
Home time, pay is reasonable, easy work
Cons
Capped salary, a lot of sitting, poor management
Nothing but lies on what they think the drivers wanna hear. My APU system went out and had to sleep in the cold inside my truck. They will tell you $1250 a week but really its not.
Pros
Free lunch and free hat
Cons
No miles poor pay scale setup
Pay & benefitsMy pay and benefits at Marten Transport were great.ManagementIn general, managers at Marten Transport were cool. But night and weekend shifts definitely made me feel like they didn't want to be there.
Kept me busy and had lot of downtime waiting to be loaded or unloaded. But, thry have detention pay for that. Thr problem was the micromanagement by the fleet managers. Clearly they hire these people with zero trucking experience whatsoever. These fleet managers like to deny pay for whatever reason they feel like.. Breakdown pay and layover pay is good on paper but they will deny and you have to fight for it. Benefits are mediocre. They can do better because when disability, its only 300 a week for a driver. Crazy....no way to live off of that. So do your researchThe trucks are late model but have zero things added like other companies. You ha e to provide your own microwave, refridgerator, etc. For TV you have.to make sure you park somewhere to get antenna reception. You would think satellite would be provided at minimum but it is not. Vacation time is a joke. If you take 3-5 days off a month for hometime, you cannot plan that in addition to your vacation. So you just get the 5 days and that is it.
Pros
Detention pay, keep busy with loads
Cons
benefits, fleet managers, just a number
Good place to learn but management sucks and does not have your back on anything plus slot of shop gossip. Pay is very good and schedule is flexible that is all
Don't go home and you'll make it. You don't get to be home a full 2 days or they take your guarantee pay away. They don't care about the driver. Don't work here
Cons
Multiple driver leaders went out of their way to find excuses to not honor paying guaranteed minimum. Lots of work/miles... but no respect or appreciation for hardworking drivers.
August 12, 2020
Thank you for the feedback, and we are very sorry to hear about the issues you came across. We work hard to make sure all our drivers understand our processes to ensure everyone gets what they earn. I would encourage you to reach out to us to discuss this further.
Great company in some regards,, But the OTR Dispatchers don't get you home often enough or on time for your appointments. They dont really care about your life or family time. The pay per mile could be better its below average by today's standards, not enough dedicated routes for company drivers.
Pros
decent pay per mile
Cons
Not enough home time
August 12, 2020
Getting our drivers home on time is very important to our company. We appreciate your feedback and we will be sure to follow up on this issue.
I like my job but I don’t think there is such a thing of a perfect company and I wish that Marten would pay the local drivers according to the overtime structure
Pros
Get to take truck home and so t have to work weekends
Cons
No overtime pay for over 40 hours worked
Managers and dispatchers have always treated me with respect. But every 6-8 months the company "restructures" the pay, cutting more and more of your money.
Pros
Mostly stress free. People are respectful
Cons
Low pay, which gets lower and lower as time passes
July 20, 2020
As a certified top pay carrier, we pride ourselves in providing competitive pay and benefits to our drivers. If you have any concerns regarding your pay, please reach out to your operations manager.
There is nothing in particular worth mentioning in this review marten as a company will run you how they want to the pay is decent especially the detention
July 1, 2020
We are proud to provide top pay packages which includes detention pay. We expect all our employees to work hard and understand that Marten is not the best fit for everyone.
If your looking 2 only make $1100 a week you found the right place but there Is a lot of stipulations in order to get this so called guaranteed 7+ loads a week you have 2 be willing 2 work hard 5 days a week 12 to 14 hours a day On average I make about $15 an hour no overtime I'm sure I won't be here long This feels like slavery I just got Wrote up for not moving a trailer That was malfunctioning And I wasn't going to be paid to move it Your holiday pay is part of your Guaranteed pay nothing extra Your safety bonus is really none existence They don't give you 7500 miles A month but that's what you have to make to get the safety bonus Anything under a 150 miles is $50 flat rate You're not paid for the 1st stop the 2nd stop or the last stop But if you have any stops in between they will give you $15 No detention or standby pay I don't care if they take 3 hours to load/unload you sit there and wait I could go on all day telling you to run But most likely this post will be taken down But everything can be proven
Pros
Good looking trucks easy job
Cons
Pay
This company was a really good company to work for. Didnt really have a problem with the work at marten. Pay was good trucks were new. Some new trailers.
July 1, 2020
We appreciate the kind words. At Marten, every department works hard to for each other, that include keeping our trucks safe and being able to provide top pay for our drivers.
I've been with them over a year. Started well, but started compromising their promises later. Recruiter promised .54 cpm, but ended up in .50. No more hazmat , layover pay. No pay increase. Minimum guarantee is ok, equipment service superb, friendly staffs, fleet manager very nice,. Never failed in getting you home at the right time...no company beats Marten on home time issue.
Pros
Excellent work-family balance, good pay
Cons
No pay increase
May 29, 2020
We work with all of our drivers from the beginning to make sure we match them with the fleet that best fits their needs. All drivers will know their home time and pay upfront. Because of our hard working drivers we have different bonus they can earn every month including safety, hazmat and layover.
The minimum pay is a way dispatchers can send you 1,000 miles away from home on a Friday, when your home time is supposed to begin on Saturday. If you dont accept every load, they wont give you your minimum pay. It's usually at the end of the week when they purposefully do it, just to make you lose your minimum pay. And without the minimum pay, your making peanuts.
Pros
Getting out of the truck
Cons
Getting back in the truck
May 11, 2020
We are a proud top pay certified carrier and have been well before we introduced guaranteed pay. Guaranteed pay is designed to supplement a paycheck if we were to fall short. Most drivers never need to be paid guarantee pay because their paycheck is much higher. We go over all rules before a driver accepts an offer. One of those rules includes no load refusals. However, we do not send a load to a driver that would not get them home on a Friday and then deny their pay. That would not be in the best interest of the driver or for us. Every year we pay out over a million dollars in guaranteed pay. Most drivers’ checks are large enough to not need it. We still pay it out to many drivers weekly who did their jobs but we failed to get them enough miles to get above their guaranteed amount.
they take very care of their trucks, the only reason I wouldn't be staying is the pay I do five loads or more a weeks and still I do not get guaranteed pay. They promise to pay you for watching safety videos but after few months with them they stopped paying me.
May 1, 2020
If you have any questions regarding pay, we always encourage drivers to reach out to payroll.
really good company for start working with some experience in my opinion. The salary is good and the home time is better than others companies. I hope you liked.
April 27, 2020
We have different opportunities available for everyone, depending on your needs for home time. It's great to hear that you are enjoying your working with us!