Martin's Caterers

Martin's Caterers Employee Reviews

Stressful but productive
It was an okay job, but it didn't pay enough the labor that many employees had to endure. And the managers weren't always so kind to their employees, and it was kind of stressful.
Good place to work.
If you are a hard worker this is the place to be. Great opportunity to advance.Your on your feet all day. Big events, you will run an event from beginning to the end with your staff.You are as good as your last event . Must be professional to over come the hurtles . I enjoyed working with Martin’s. I have some beautiful memoirs working with Martin’s Caterers.
Fun workplace. I can get along wit my co-workers.
My supervisors and my mangers are amazing people. They make me feel comfortable at the job. I’m glad that this was my first job. I get to interact with other people.
Easy job to get hired but Upper Management doesn’t know how to talk to people.
The pay is not a lot at all and the hours vary. You definitely need other sources of income. They expect so much but give so little. I know someone who was terminated because she was unable to come in because she had a miscarriage. When I say that company lack compassion.
Pros
Free food
Cons
Low pay, upper management. Little hours
Out dated systems
If you're a EX Chef stop and go find a better job. You may think you can handle this but they refuse to compromise on their outdated systems.
If someone request more time learning it the "Martin's Way" then they should be allowed that time to be successful.

Over working Salary employees is against the law and not paying Salary employees properly is against the law. Salary employees are hourly employees at Martins. They make you use a time clock. Stop turn around and go elsewhere
Pros
Weekly Pay check if you make it past that.
Cons
Being truthful and honest gets you terminated
Do you enjoy working at your company?
Help people considering your employer make a good choice.
Unsafe environment
Doesn't take workplace violence seriously and is poorly managed. Every manager have their own idea of how things should be ran. Some managers abuse their power when you stand up for yourself.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Poor management and violent co workers
If you show up with something to prove everyday you’ll succeed
I would still be working here if I didn’t get the exact opportunity I was looking for for a long time. This isn’t a job for the weak you have to be tough. There is a high standard that management enforces to make the business successful. I’m grateful for the opportunity I had.
Pros
Hard work doesn’t go unnoticed
Cons
Tough schedule
I'm a fireman not a Sales person
There is ZERO structure, its whatever fire needs to be put out. We have ZERO consistency in pricing or how repeat customers pricing is done.

We lack focus leadership and consequently invest hours and time in areas that provide no return.

Privately owned companies do NOT normally listen to anyone on the ground they know all and missing goals is because we are not following through properly
Pros
Close to home
Cons
That's why Im leaving
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Martin's Caterers?
This environment is not for seasoned professionals
During my tenure with this company the work environment was quite tense, from managers who lacked proper work ethic to poor working conditions for its own staff members. It's unfortunate that after decades of hosting events in its multiple locations within the Baltimore/Washington area that it does not think more highly of the professionals hired consequently translating to lackluster guest experiences. It was not a complement to my previous experience nor is it a place that I would recommend for more seasoned industry professionals.
Fast paced banquet facility
A Typical day consists of busy phones, parties, appointments, lost and found items, concession type atmosphere at Receptionist Desk, keeping on top of changes on parties, making signage for all parties. I learned that the person doing this job has to be energetic, focused, be able to multitask and keep poised while doing it. And be able to take criticism from time to time. The hardest part of the job is during the busiest season being one person and when public events are thrown in the mix with no help. The most enjoyable part of the job is seeing people come back time after time and being friendly
Pros
stability, benefits, busy
Cons
not being able to get some help when needed
It was a terrible place to work
Working for Martin's was a joke, no training , they throw u to the wolf's, a lot of ego especially with management staff . I wouldn't recommend any one to work for this company.
Pros
Cons
Do i need to say more
Could do a lot better
I have worked with this company for many years but it still remains the same. They need improvement on a higher level then where they stand currently.
Pros
Good lower leveled employees and meeting new/exciting people.
Cons
Lack of Communication and Respect
great learning experience
the work was pretty easy and everyone works hard but the upper management are very rude and the facility is not very sanitary for most people's standards.
Bias Company
The pay at time was great! But the management was very biased toward illegal immigrates. Declining business is the other main reason I left. I was discriminated against by my supervisors. Although I understand from former coworkers that the management has changed. I am reflecting on my time as an employee
Good place to start
Company needs to keep up with today's trends. Good bonus structure but could be more on par with competing companies.
i have good experience with them
I have good knowledge with this team. Also the team were accommodating and friendly. I have more experience to work with different kind of team and client.
Great grounding in catering systems
Amazing systems are in place to help maintain a brand.
Management is supportive.

Plenty of opportunity for the right candidates.
Pros
Training
I Love What I Do
Working and meeting new people on a daily basis to make their

Special Event dream come true. Work with a great team, and always

have each other's back. Kept up with the new in's and out's of Event

Planning and deco for today's. Have learned to always watch my

back with Management and clients, a advocate for my clients. The

hardest part of my job is to see how the client has disappointments

during the planning process.
Pros
Weekly Pay, End of the Month check (extra)
Cons
No place for growth
Productive and really fun
Management was really friendly and inspired me as a worker to work even harder. The only con was that the breaks were short. They were 15 minutes and barely gave you anytime to go out and order anything and come back on time.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Short breaks
Very fast paced and organized
On a typical day at Martins I am responsible for the cleanliness of the tables that I am assigned to for the night and am responsible to help serve all the tables in the ballroom. In addition to this I may also be asked to fulfill other duties if needed by the manager. The work environment at Martins is very nice, in that the staff gets along generally well with one another and there is a light atmosphere. The management can be a bit demanding at times and there are times when frustration occurs from being asked to complete many different tasks by many different people, but overall the managerial staff aims to treat the hourly staff with respect.
Aquired much training and development for coordination events
Aquired accounts, coordinated event logistics, facilitated meetings, accounts receivables.
Pros
great hours and free lunch
Cons
pay was horrible