Martin's Point Health Care Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Opportunities, generous benefits, high leadership turnover
Health Management Operations Lead (Former Employee) –  Portland, MEJune 9, 2018
Overall it is an enjoyable work environment with talented employees. They offer many professional development opportunities. They are striving to build culture and values though they do not always maintain values in the way they remove leadership roles abruptly.
family atmosphere, Martin's Point takes care of their employees like no other
Patient Financial Advisor, Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Portland, MEMay 3, 2018
Martin's Point Health Care has been the best employment experience I have ever had. I have worked for them for almost 8 years. I was promoted within because of my proven skills and leadership ability. MP has allowed me to take care of family matters that have come up.MP fully supported my growth and assisted me with my growth through some great mentors and learning and development classes.
Pros
values that they take seriously, they live by them
Great Place to Work
Supervisor, Health Information Management (Former Employee) –  Portland, MEMarch 7, 2018
The people make this place happen. Excellent, compassionate and caring front line staff and great providers. Superior IT department and great support services.
Mp
Patient Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Portland, MEFebruary 5, 2018
I like the group. I had a fun group of people to work with at the Portland office. Very friendly. I liked the patients. Fast paced which is something I enjoyed, but for me there was no room to move up.
Fantastic work setting
Health Information Management Specialist (Former Employee) –  Portland, MEJanuary 24, 2018
This was the friendliest company that I have ever worked for. They truly understood that a happy employee was a productive employee. All issues were addressed in a timely manner, incentives were available, management was easy to reach, the offices were clean, wages and benefits were competitive, etc. This business comes highly recommended by me.
I learned something new every day
Patient Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Gorham, MEJanuary 9, 2018
Martin's Point was by far my favorite job I've ever worked. There is such a wide variety of things to do and things to learn. I absolutely learned something new and met new people every day. It was very fun due to the activities and team work everyone provided. We would have awesome team bonding, like cookouts, escape rooms, game days, and ice cream and pie days! They made it a mission to keeps us satisfied every day and make sure we were all doing the best of our capabilities. Everyone helps each other. It makes it feels intertwined and like the whole office cares about one and another and our patients.
Pros
friendly environment
Cons
short breaks
a typical day at work
Claims Examiner III (Former Employee) –  Portland, MEDecember 12, 2017
most days trying to get done everything that needs to be completed. The management is very understanding most times and are very flexible with work/home balance.
Pros
flexibility
Cons
under staffed-a limited number of people trained.
A great place to work
Clinical Manager (Former Employee) –  Portsmouth, NHApril 6, 2017
Typical days are busy from start to finish. Staff are focused on giving a great customer experience. I worked here for many years before being promoted to manager. The staff are amazing and very hard working. We like to take time to have fun and recognize each other with kind words and potluck lunches.
Pros
Great staff!
Cons
Short staffed
Physician
Physician Assistant (Current Employee) –  Portland, MEJune 28, 2016
Manufactured culture and lack of care for employees and patients. Customer service in person and on the phone is horrible. Pressure to see too many patients and bill for services.
Pros
Pie day
Cons
Poor management, false values and culture
Health Information Management Specialist
Health Information Specialist (Current Employee) –  Portland, MEJanuary 20, 2016
I have been a HIM specialist for almost 12 years and with that came a lot of change in the dept. The management has changed over, the dept. is mostly made up of all new people, besides myself and two other people. I feel that is time for a change for myself to grow as a professional and advance to another career. A typical day of work for myself would be to process release forms, scan in new patient records, problem solve errors that the EHR can not solve, answer policy and procedure questions for my newer coworkers, answer phone calls from clinical staff, patients, physicians and outside sources and also complete the metrics of productivity for the dept. I have learned that I have leadership skills that I could use in the future, that my coworkers and managers value me as a trusted resource and also that when the tough times come, I am loyal and help to solve situations that were out of the dept.'s control. I really respect my management team as they have worked hard to help the dept. become a well oiled machine. I feel comfortable going to them for anything that I need assistance or feedback with. My coworkers are a great group that I really enjoy knowing. As a group of 15+ they are fun, respectful and hard working. Everyone works as a team. The hardest part of my job is the constant changing of policies regarding the release of records. Our company legal dept. is always finding different ways of processing HIPAA regulations and so each time a change happens, I must retrain my coworkers and work with management to update the manual of policies. Also, because of  more... recent changes in closing clinics, the work load of transferring 4,000 patients has been put on the HIM dept. to process. Unfortunately, we were not given much help outside of our already fully staffed team. The most enjoyable part of my job is the occasional team exercises we do that build up moral and allow us to relax a little bit in between large amounts of productivity.  less
Pros
Kind, respectful coworkers manangement, benefits and earned time, major holidays and weekends off.
Cons
Short breaks, overwelming work load, not feeling heard or valued by company ceo's. Not given enough staff to work on large tasks.
People Caring for People
PSR - Referral Specialist (Current Employee) –  Brunswick, MEOctober 20, 2015
I would never leave this company if I wasn't planing on relocating my family to Florida. They take care of the people that work for them on many levels. The pay is more than fair and the culture is fantastic.
Great Organization to work for
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Portland,MaineOctober 20, 2014
Day to day meant being with staff, working colaboratively to reach the goals.
Being able to be part of an organization that looks for improving customer service at the highest level.
Working alongside each department to ensure the process was seamless to the customers.
Team building was a must and a plus
Ensuring your staff has all the tools needed to be successful

Working with a system that was complex and difficult to come to a clean process at times.

Working with my team and teammates together for the best possible outcomes each day
Pros
Great Benefits, Compensation Packets, Opportunities for advancement and growth within the organization, Team oriented throughout the organization, quality characteristics within each department.
Cons
Transaction System unable to conform to needs of processing of claims appropriatly
Took inbound calls and provided best service possible
Member Specialist (Former Employee) –  Portland, MESeptember 11, 2014
Taking inbound calls from active and retired military personal and their families regarding health insurance.
I learned the insurance for military people and their familes
The hardest part of this job was talking with spouses that lost their spouses in the war.
The best part of this job were talking with these people and getting to thank them for their service to their country.
Pros
talking with the military members
Cons
hearing what happened to them and employees showing up late for work
Vendor, Contract, Process Manager (Former Employee) –  Portland, MEApril 23, 2014
I was laid off after 19 years due to a restructuring.
My work experience has gone from Nursing School, to CNA work in Nursing Homes, to working for a Medical Manufacturer inside Customer Service, to working for a Hospital Supply distributor, to Purchasing in a Hospital to Materials Management for a Surgery center, to Selling Medical & Lab supplies, to my Materials Management career at Martin's Point Health Care. All of my past experience was used in my job as I related to patients, medical staff manufacturer, distributors and vendors.
Systems Specialist I (Former Employee) –  Portland, MEMarch 2, 2014
Martin's Point has a great environment and great people. I enjoyed working there while I was able to be there.
A great place to train for Health Information Technologies
Health Information Externship (Former Employee) –  Bangor, MEOctober 17, 2013
A typical day at work here consisted of sorting faxes, processing medical records requests, following up on specialists referral orders/appointments, and requesting results of diagnostic and imaging tests that had been ordered. I also had some exposure to their billing process as well as general front office duties. What I saw from management was good. The office ran quite smoothly and everyone worked as a team to get things done. My co-workers were great and patient in teaching me what I needed to know for entry level HIT work. The hardest thing about the job was just learning all the ways of getting around an electronic medical record and getting the courage to make the calls to follow up on orders and appointments. That was actually the most enjoyable part of the job as well.
Best place I've ever worked up until the new EMR system arrived
clinical (Current Employee) –  MaineSeptember 27, 2013
I put in close to 3 years and have seen alot of change some good some bad. Most recently a system change in EMR has turn the clinical workers into under appreciated, work horses. Absolutely no flexibility in schedule and the support for "furthering education" is hardly supported by clinical management. The recent changes were to make staff and patients work and healthcare easier. It has been far from easier it has tripled MAs work load and without help. I could go on.
Pros
gorgeous facility, benefits, competitive pay, amazing providers to work with
Cons
No breaks, only 30 min lunch, political management, unsupportive and hard to manage home life with such demanding work responsibility, caddy team environment.
Productive place where you can play wii on your lunch break..
Health Information Specialist (Former Employee) –  Portland, MEAugust 20, 2013
A typical day involved data entry, phone calls, faxing typical office duties. Responsible for outgoing medical records and the validity of authorization forms according to Maine State Law and HIPAA.
The people that work for this company are hands down the best group of people I've come across.
I have grown in each year I was there, in different areas of my department, skills that I will use going forward as I find my forever career.
benefits
Cons
short breaks/secrecy
Personal health care vs. providing health care
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Portsmouth, NHMay 25, 2013
After 9 years of dedicated service amidst an ever evolving healthcare industry I found it impossible to continue. In the time that I was employed we were always down a clinical support member pre recession! In addition, no coverage was planned for expecting mothers. The load was added on to the remaining support team. Our office manager was unavailable, both in presents and problem solving. I loved my patients. I enjoyed my professional relations with the staff. The company as a whole is facing its challenges wholeheartedly. The hardest part of my job was not being allowed to be more personable with the patients. The most enjoyable part of my job is knowing each and every day I might have made someone's life a little better.
Pros
The providers, patients and coworkers. Insurances and 401K.
Cons
Constant last minute work schedule changes, little or no breaks.
Very professional environment--good team-oriented facility
Staff pharmacist (Former Employee) –  Portland, MEMay 8, 2013
Managed-Care company with broad offerings to their patients in types of plans and choice of pharmacies
Pros
Best staff I ever worked with
Cons
Travel