Martin & Bayley Inc Employee Reviews

Lame
Cashier and Cook (Former Employee) –  Union City, TNNovember 12, 2018
Was a very nice getting it together to open 3/5 managers were rude and judgemental towards some employees they fired me for showing the manager same.respect as I was given and had high bp wanted to go home clocked out got fired said I didn't wanna work. Managers aren't fair with all the employees store was unorganized and needs new management except.for mr shon and hope
family oriented
Cook and Cashier (Former Employee) –  TennesseeNovember 5, 2018
The workers help the customers just like if they where family.Management tries to give their employs hours but cannt cause of their wont let them give hours to the employs.
poor management
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Murray, KYNovember 5, 2018
the manager I worked for was extremely unfair. I never got my insurance from them. The place was overrun with drama. poor turnover. poor treatment of customers and employees
Loved working there
Lead Cook (Former Employee) –  Owensboro, KYOctober 24, 2018
Had a great time loved working there everyone was nice. Learned a lot. Met a lot of new people. Couldn't ask for a better experience. Would work for them again if I had the chance.
Pros
Good hours and pay
Productive, collaborative workplace
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Charleston, ILOctober 19, 2018
I liked the people I worked with. I liked how helpful everyone was, and how much everyone joked around and made the day easier. It seemed like everyone on staff kind of looked out for each other, sometimes even outside of work. It had a family feel to it. Very good place to work!
Pros
People, helpfulness
Cons
N/a
Fun and fast paced.
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Kuttawa, KYOctober 14, 2018
It was amazing and staff was fun and friendly. They worked with you and your schedule to try to meet what everyone needs. Very willing to give people in life second chances.
Great job
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Paoli, INOctober 12, 2018
Learn how to work a cash register and deal with customers on a daily basis and the machines and stocking for gas station cleaning and maintaining the gas station at all times
Manager (Current Employee) –  ILSeptember 30, 2018
Management is a tough position, very little work life balance. Managers are required to cover any call in if they are unable to find coverage, even the overnight shift.
Fast paced work environment
Clerk/Cashier (Former Employee) –  West Frankfort, ILSeptember 24, 2018
Fast paced work environment. No flexibility. Held accountable for things beyond an average employees control. Low pay scale. You get threatened about your job if audits come back bad before all facts are in. It's quite unnerving. The graveyard shift is worked by one attendant which can be dangerous but I guess they think that $0.25 differential makes up for that.
Pros
Cons
Short to no breaks. Only one person on graveyard shift.
not a lot of fun, not a relaxed environment.
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Carterville, ILAugust 23, 2018
work a lot of hours for very low pay. benefits don’t really exist, you get 3 cents off gas for being an employee an free fountain drinks that’s about it.
Pros
free drinks, cheap gas
Cons
no benefits low pay
Very stressful work environment
Cook/Prep Manager (Former Employee) –  Carmi, ILAugust 19, 2018
Worked here for 5 years very stressful work environment due to them always having corporate visits. Corporate had very unachievable demands wanting the stores to be hospital clean even though it’s a high volume convenience store.
Upper management brags about how many store managers they fire. Store managers always walking on pins and needles either because of audits or because their demands are so unrealistic for the industry type. People call in it’s a gas station people quit people steal upper management acts like people are in elementary school with dreams of working at a gas station. Get it together Hucks and maybe your turn over rate wouldn’t be so bad and people would stay with the company
Pros
Vacation after a year
My coworkers were amazing, but the job itself was monotonous at best, and overwhelming at worst, especially for the pay.
Food Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Robinson, ILAugust 9, 2018
I found Hucks to be a decent job for a college student. My manager was very flexible with scheduling, but it did seem we were short - staffed frequently. The job is easy, there's just a lot to remember. Corporate was never particularly nice, but they never went past condescending to the workers.
Pros
Short, but frequent breaks for smokers
Productive, clean environment
Shift Manager/Cashier/Cook (Former Employee) –  Orleans, INAugust 3, 2018
Hucks was a fast paced working environment with plenty of customers everyday and on the occasional off day it was expected of us to do extra cleaning. There was never a dull moment working at Hucks and the customers that were regulars would brighten my day up in the small conversations we would have. My favorite part of the job was organizing and cleaning, everything constantly needed cleaned as we were a food serving gas station and I believe a clean working environment promoted an overall healthier environment to workers and customers alike, while also boosting work morale.
Pros
Flexible work schedule and free fountain drinks/ coffee
Cons
No scheduled breaks and restroom breaks were the hardest to make.
Awful management, no job security
Cashier/Cook (Former Employee) –  Jeffersonville, INAugust 1, 2018
No promises you’ll have a job day to day and the work changes. It’s one sided and not everyone is held on the same standard for work. Definitely do not recommend working there unless you just want money and plenty of hours
Worked alot of overtime
1st Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Owensboro, KYAugust 1, 2018
it was a huge turnover rate with keeping employees. the store manager was not helpful or friendly no communication everyone fend for themselves type of situation. which lead everyone on different paths
Pros
Pay
Cons
Poor management
Nice business
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Carterville, ILJuly 30, 2018
I enjoyed working for the company. It was a very perfossional place and it was also enjoyable. The rules and guidelines were enforced and the pay was nice.
Did not feel safe.
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Summersville, ILJuly 30, 2018
I like working with people so that wasn't bad. Working alone at night though I did not like and did not feel safe. After locking doors I would count the drawer and make the safe back to $400. for the next day, Do paperwork and deposit. Turn on the alarm and lock up. I did a lot of cleaning, ran cash register, gas pumps, make food, coffee and tea.
Pros
Down the street from my house.
Cons
No breaks, no insurance, never worked full-time.
Overall average job.
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Saint Charles, MOJuly 27, 2018
The job at Hucks was decent. I loved the employees, management was okay. The best part are the regular customers. I am just looking for a better paying job where there is more advancement.
Pros
Good hours, great employees, and great customers.
Cons
Working full shifts alone, very late nights.
No place for advancement
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Mount Vernon, INJuly 26, 2018
No benefits all they have is esop no employee discounts no job security they need to make major improvements for hard working employees that really care about people an the community.
Cons
Couple of coworkers is what made working there tolerable
Assistant Manager Retail (Former Employee) –  Greenville, KYJuly 14, 2018
It was very stressful at times. I did more work as the assistant manager than the actual store manager. Pay wasn't equal to how much stress the work load put on you.