Martin-Brower Employee Reviews

No life
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Fairfield, OHJanuary 12, 2019
Seniority-based, I work at MB for 4 years and was still at the bottom of the totem pole. Management didn't care about you unless you had sonority, which was understandable. I've never seen so many people come and go, it was even hard for me to take new people seriously, best part was the coworkers, no matter how long or bad the day was, everyone still joked around and had fun.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Too many forced hours.
Fast Pace
Restaurant Order Proposal Planner (Current Employee) –  Dickson, TNJanuary 10, 2019
It is a great company. They look for ways to always improve your day to day work. You will learn something new every day. Your day can go from slow to super busy within the blink of an eye.
Pros
nice atmosphere
Cons
Competitive, hard working and teamwork daily while working.
Selector (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJanuary 9, 2019
I love working at the Martin brower facility because it was an nice experience and help with our every day life and pays the bill the co workers where cool to working with they had guys from different states working there it was a very nice experience
Pros
Team work benefits the hours and pay.
Cons
Working in the freezer
The worst place I ever worked
Picker Operator (Former Employee) –  Fairfield, OHJanuary 1, 2019
They will fire you without warning. NO ONE HELPS YOU AT ALL! POOR TRAINING TEAM. Management Doesn't know what's ever going on. If you get hurt Martin brower will fire YOU. Martin brower will tell you, you have to do a 3 month probationary and ONLY GIVE YOU 70 days to learn the job.
I came to work everyday on time never missed. NO WORK LIFE BALANCE AT ALL. I hope YOUR BACK is made of RUBBER BANDS!

P.S if you are willing to KILL YOUR SELF EVERYDAY THIS IS THE JOB FOR YOU. Good luck you're going to need it
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Management never knows what's going on
Martin brower
Auditor (Former Employee) –  Pompano Beach, FLDecember 26, 2018
an okay place to work but they really work you hard six days a week without a break you only can call off seven times in a year no sick days..........
Great Money
Driver (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GADecember 21, 2018
This is a very fast pace place to work. You might work some days and some nights. Also you will work many weekends and some layovers. Most of the Trucks are new and automatics. All trucks have cameras (1 facing the driver and 1 facing the road)
Pros
Great money
Cons
No time for family
good job
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Harriman, NY 10926December 17, 2018
martin brower is a great place of work good hrs good people good pay good food alot hrs for over time and a over all good work place friendly and professional
Do not work here.
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  St. JohnsNovember 13, 2018
The pay might be decent but you you have to spend any time off at the doctors office its not worth it. Managers pick favorites and wrongfully fire good workers.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Everything else.
Warehouse Associate (Current Employee) –  Union City, GANovember 7, 2018
We are worked like slaves they do not care about your physical or mental state they only care about getting the product out. Multiple people are hurt and are so afraid to say they are because of the response of management.
Cons
Short breaks and you have no life
In my over all review Martin-Brower has a part of my life for some years, sometimes it’s time for a change
Forklift Operator (Current Employee) –  North Little Rock, AROctober 31, 2018
In my opinion this would be a great place to work if it wasn’t for poor leadership, or I wouldn’t have bn there as long as I have, the turn over ratio is high,I think because of inadequate training, but I know every job has its pros and cons,
Pros
Overtime
Cons
Overtime
good place to work
Wareehouse Technician (Former Employee) –  Mason City, IAOctober 26, 2018
Martin Brower is a good place to work, main job functions are standing forklift operator, pick and pack items for shipment. warehouse technicians make about 26.00 per hour
Pros
good work enviroment, pay incentives of good performance
Cons
fast paced and high logistical standards
Cut throat fast paced environment with no training.
Transportation Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 20, 2018
I started there as Transportation Supervisor. The day I got hired the trans-manger quit. After that the Operations Manager took over the Transportation dep. They scheduled us for 56 hrs week. I had only been there for two weeks with absolutely 0 training and I was fired for making an error that I did not make.
You have a lot senior managers that play favorites, you have no time to spend with your family. It’s a horrible work environment. I quit my job of 6 years to go there for the money which was a huge mistake. I was fired for absolutely nothing or maybe even discrimination. At the end of the day it’s just selling burgers and fries it’s not Technical as they want you to believe.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
No breaks, unorganized, cut throat
Terrible Management
Transportation Supervisor (Former Employee) –  East Point, GAOctober 17, 2018
The concept is awesome as well as the customer.
The leadership is terrible!

IF the company would be more concerned over the people and what they bring to the table each day and less about the bottom dollar, the place could be a phenomenal work place.
Pros
benefits and pay
Cons
leadership
Great job for hours
Warehouse Associate (Current Employee) –  Fairfield, OHOctober 17, 2018
Has to be done to your place and there standards. Great place to meet new coworkers. Can make alot of money really fast if you want to put in the hours.
Fast Paced
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Harriman, NYOctober 11, 2018
Lack of driver training & assets to assist drivers. Managers only interested in product not welfare of drivers.Management unwilling to act on drivers input with regard to safety even though they promote the company as being safe. Equipment pushed into operation without safety checks. When told of issued with delivery or equipment management stated that they would look into it or have a store rep look it over & nothing would be done. Pay was fair if you would do double runs pay was good but at the end you would be wore out & have no time to enjoy your money.
The company just care about the Delivery of their products and they don't care about the Drivers
Driver (Current Employee) –  New YorkOctober 9, 2018
They don't care about the drivers and their families at all. They give you no time to expend with your family cause the time you have to star your route. You star early at night sometimes 9 or 11 at night and by the time you finish your family isn't home then you sleep to wake up to do the same thing. Forget about the weekends because you will be working. But if this is what you like then I'll be great for you.
Benefits
Cons
No family time and no money
Terrible Place to Work
Transportation Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Stockton, CA 95215October 8, 2018
Martin Brower could be a great place to work but unfortunately, they have several issues. First, they work every single holiday, weekend , and 24 hours a day and if your a supervisor your expected to work those terrible shifts and at least 50-60 hours a week. Second, its a union shop. Which means if you work in the union its not that bad but if your a supervisor or anything else on the management side its absolutely terrible. The union hates you and has all of the power and yet your expected by the higher ups to get things done with no managerial tools or actual authority to do so. This causes an impossible management situation where the kids of the classroom are in charge and not the teacher. Third, I don't know the exact numbers but from my own experience I would say they have an average 3 year turnaround on anything on the management side. Finally, compensation is terrible. If your the union side you get amazing benefits and pay. However, if your on anything on the management side the pay is probably little bit over minimum wage after all of the hours you put in. The healthcare packages are so expensive that you might as well get your own insurance. Also watch out if you get promoted. If work really hard show your potential you may get opportunities for advancement. Then you find out after getting that job and working even more hours and more stress you find out that they didn't give you your raise because they are "testing you out". Which of course they didn't actually tell you they where doing.
Pros
Cons
bad pay, bad hours, bad environment
It was a good fun place to work for just very fast paced
Order Selector (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLOctober 4, 2018
Martin brower was a good fun place to work for just very fast paced for me and I wasn’t used to that it was only my 2nd job I also wasn’t used to that freezer they started me in and they had recently added this new system which was making it difficult for new employees to succeed in the company
it was a great place to work.. For me not mandatory
Checker (Former Employee) –  The Woodlands, TXOctober 1, 2018
So for a typical day at work I would go and clock in, then they would pair me with my partner (the picker ). Then we would stroll for hours until break. I learned that hard work can get you raises. Mgt very nice. Workplace was pretty good. Hardest part was following picker. The most enjoyable was cracking jokes.
Pros
Great people
Cons
attitude wasnt right, you werent right
Equipment operator (Current Employee) –  Conroe, TX 77304September 30, 2018
it is an opportunity to make good money while also being challenged physically and mentally. Stay motivated and driven towards your short term goals and you will fit in .

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Martin-Brower. Our community is ready to answer.