Martin Brower

• Trust in colleagues
  • Support from manager
  • Sense of belonging

Stable Career

Good Company with a focus on safety and quality. At one point it was truly a place that everyone had a since of pride to work for. Now days it is harder and harder to build the team that should represent the brand.

Pros

Good Pay

Cons

Quality of work declined over the years

Good money for the work you put in

Personally I don't have anything negative to say about this job. Sure we seem to be short handed a lot, and the transportation team is kinda iffy, but for the most part, I would easily recommend this job to others.

Highest turnover ever— risky risky racks

Risky risky risky rack!! Long hours. Unrealistic productivity standard unless you cut corners. Union shop. No job advancement unless someone dies, gets fired, or quits. Pay is great. With better management and safer racks it would be a great place to work if you’re body can handle it.

Great place to work but loads are constantly thrown together ton truck

This place is amazing to work at but they honestly don’t care about the driver. You will always have a completely messed up load where product is just thrown in the trailer or over loaded on a cart. Same goes for the stores some stores you go to constantly over order every week but when you bring it up or the warehouse to management they just laugh and say that’s how warehouse is or that’s how X store is and nothing ever gets taken care of.

Pros

Takes care of employees in material aspects, money is good

Cons

Long routes, bad loads, incompetent stores, basically just over night routes

Horrible

This place is a revolving door, they don’t value the employees they have! Run fast there’s no home life balance strictly work! They can care less about you or your health!

Do you enjoy working at your company?

Help people considering your employer make a good choice.

The main thing is the supervisors need to be on the same page for the most part it’s not that bad you go and get your job done and get out

It’s a good job one of the best jobs ever had just need more communications with workers and also the supervisors be on the same page we make the day and I have to go by Pretty easier

Pros

Good money good benefits lots of work

Don’t take care of their employees

Good luck trying to not get hurt because if you do they Trow the employees to deep water Bottom line employees don’t matter, all that matters is there bonus

Pros

Employers get your sacrifice

Cons

Employees are just a number

Good pay

You get good pay, but sometimes lose your bonus money with no explanation. You work a lot of weekends. It’s stable work that pays the bill.

Management is horrible

Management is horrible and don't care about the safety of their drivers. Their communication skills are horrible with drivers. They just want you to run routes. Again the pay/benefits are good.

Pros

Great pay and benefits

Cons

Management is horrible

This company push you more and more every day. Hard work every day.

Si quieres sentirte miserable en cuatro días te sentirá asi. aplica a este trabajo te aseguro 100 q a si te sentirá. Y si habla español más q el inglés pobre de ti te tratan como Alfabeta morón y te quieren sacar más ventaja de ti. Suerte hermano.

Pros

Trabajas 4 días descansa tres. Pero destruido en tu casa no tienes ánimo para nada.

Cons

No break. No tiempo para almuerzo

Everyone is really nice and supportive

I love working here. Everyone is like family. Anytime I need questions answered, someone is willing to help. I have really enjoyed working here and consider everyone here family.

Pros

Money, bosses

Good travel

Plenty of opportunities in the working environment hard work good money tuff scheduling they need to implement freezer pay great opportunities for travel

Management needs some work, job has a high turnover rate. They pick and choose who they want to move up. Tell you one thing but does the total opposite. The warehouse manager is TRASH.

Good pay bad atmosphere

High turnover. Not enough drivers so you are forced out on your off days. Good pay but morale is terrible. They pay you for everything you do extra. Easy to make over 100k. Supervisors are all easy to work with but their hands are tied on most stuff. You will work every weekend

Was a great place to work

Was a great learning experience, they took their time train me. They made sure that I was train in all areas of the position. I loved all of my coworkers and even if it wasn’t in their department they still took our time to help me.

Pros

Holiday Gatherings among coworkers

great company

great company to make lots of 💰. sometimes working in difficult location's can be a little stressful. keeping a good work life balance is very important

Lots of hours

Get dispatched at all different hours from midnight to 8am, a ton of work per stop, i drove my entire drive clock out everyday, if you stop to use the rest room then all your subsequent stops are late. Pay is good but not worth it for the amount of work.

Pros

Good pay, nice people

Cons

Tight schedules, long days, odd hours

Decent pay and benefits, very poor management

Driving for MB was very stressful. We had our set schedules and routes but they always throw curve balls at you like extra stops that don’t make sense, switching stores or routes for no reason when the stores would’ve fit in there usual route and trailer normally. MANAGEMENT DONT CARE ABOUT YOU. They will leave you broken down in the hot desert for 8 hours before someone gets to you with no calls to you seeing if your okay or have food or water. They go above and beyond to try and save money but in the end they pay out more in OT which the drivers that like OT all laugh in there faces and they still don’t get it. It was much better when it was Golden State Foods.

Pros

Thanks to the Teamster Union, we had good pay, benefits, and pension

Cons

Very poor management that don’t care

Only if you really need work or hate being with family

They have a management team they call leaders but are far from it. The routes are bad and the extra board is even worse. The extra board is being on call 24/7 until a route opens. Pay is ok but other food service providers pay better.

Pros

Going home

Cons

Everything from no leadership to bad equipment and routes

Good company benefice very good

Very experience to work for this companies team work one the best place to work in Virginia coworkers good manager good supervisor respect all coworker

Don't bother

Management is a complete joke. Be prepared to have to work weekends for the next 10 years. No work life balance, they can force overtime.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Martin Brower. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Compare Martin Brower with