Martin Luther King, Jr. Community Hospital

Martin Luther King, Jr. Community Hospital Employee Reviews

REview summary for MLK Community hospital
Hospital Case Manager Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAFebruary 15, 2019
This is not an emloyee friendly enviornent for the average worker, and certainly not , Nurse Case Manger, There was. a great deal of underlined hostlity, which made the learning enviornment difficult. The only way I learned to do somethng correctly was whe I had done some thing wrong. Ther was one case manager in particular, that reported any and everymistake. He didnt bother to correct the erros, just report them. I would advise noone that I know to apply or work for this facility
Pros
there were a few supportive staff members
Cons
Very few breakes, hostile work memebers... Nurses eat their young
Registered Nurse III (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAOctober 29, 2018
MLKCH is one of the better hospitals I've worked at. Very new facilities, lots of technology and equipment readily available which makes your job easier. High expectations at times from management. Workplace culture is mostly very positive, lots of team work. Fairly compensated and lots of opportunities for overtime. Patient population can be very challenging, lots of homeless/indigent patients and psych patients.
Pros
Good pay, overtime available, teamwork
Cons
patient population, management's high expectations
people are warm and compassionate
Clinical Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJanuary 2, 2019
management issues. we have 3 director /manager since started. there is always a problem with communication among the unit. but the people works here are hand-picked carefully. This is the only reason I stayed because to me its family.
Mlk
Program Director (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CANovember 30, 2018
This is good place to work and learn how to get involved with the community. i enjoyed working for the medical director and the CEO. i like the cafeteria and the staff was friendly with everyone and the patients.
Pros
Farmers market
Cons
no parking
New Facility, New Staff
Surgical Technician II (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CANovember 19, 2018
Beautiful brand new facility. Unfortunately they’ve hired a majority of entry level management. Work flow is poorly run. Efficiency is not highly regarded.
MHA (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles County, CAJune 4, 2018
Martin Luther King Hospital is a very productive workplace. I am fairly new to the company but I enjoy working here thus far. I do not intend to leave!
Pros
Great benefits, flexible schedule
Cons
12 hour shifts
Great place to make a difference
Manager (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMay 17, 2018
Martin Luther King Jr Community Hospital is a great place to work. The hospital is an anchor to rebuilding the community and a great place to actually make a difference in others lives. I have never been so proud to be working for such a great organization! The community outreach is amazing.
Pros
Making a difference
Cons
New hospital
Poor management
Former Employee (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAAugust 5, 2018
Management has no clue of what they are doing. Poor workplace culture, lack of communication, and a toxic work environment. It was definitely not a good place to work at.
Fun, Collaborative and Diverse
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAFebruary 14, 2018
Martin Luther King Jr. Community Hospital is a new hospital. They are undergoing a lot of personnel changes in order to operate and function professionally as a hospital. I love the people I work with, the stimulating work assignments that challenge me to grow!
Pros
Exciting, Diverse, Learn New Skills
Cons
Short Breaks
New, Exciting, & Innovative
Patient Care Technician (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJanuary 11, 2018
Love MLK, because I get to be part of making a difference in the community by providing quality, compassionate care to my patients. Everyone is friendly and welcoming. I have never been so proud to be working for such a great organization!
Very fast pace job continuous care.
Unit Secretary (Emergency Room) (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CASeptember 15, 2017
A day of working at Martin Luther King Hospital in the Emergency Room is very fast pace. Although we are not trauma we receive a lot of business and a variety of patients. In my position as Unit Secretary, I have to make sure things are running in order when it comes to the administrative section. I have to stay on top of all calls, incoming and outgoing.
Pros
Free snacks and meals from the hospital admin staff
Cons
Timely breaks
Brand new hospital but poor management
RN (Former Employee) –  Compton, CAAugust 23, 2017
It is a brand new hospital. It has a lot of potential. However, the quality of the staffs are very poor. Management aware of the problems. However, they are not trying to fix it. Their only concern is "the budget". Unhealthy work culture is already developed by the first wave of staffs. There is no team work. The staffs are not interested in patient care. It is really difficult to develop a healthy work environment. People just come and go. They don't care!!
Pros
Brand new hosptial
Cons
poor management, unhealthy work culture, not enough staff
Friendly staff. Great work environment!
Anonymous (Current Employee) –  MLKCHAugust 14, 2017
I really enjoy my position working at MLKCH. Everyone is so friendly and very helpful with any questions I have. Adapting to change is really important if you are looking to join this organization. One of my favorite things about working here is my ability to share my ideas in a team environment.

It is really nice working for a new and exciting company that has a big impact on the community it supports. I still wake up excited to go to work in the morning.
Productive, Fast Paced, Friendly and Welcoming
Health IT Field Tech (Former Employee) –  Compton, CAAugust 6, 2017
MLK staff is very welcoming and supportive. They will help you adapt to the environment. Also interactions with every department are rewarding. Patient first mentality shows in the way staff works and behaves.
Pros
Quick paced. Friendly environment.
Cons
Still developing methods and procedures
Great staff/patient relationships
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CADecember 7, 2017
The urgent care center is always busy. There is always something that needs to be done. the staff handle everything is a cool calm collective manner. things are great
Great place to work!
Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAAugust 14, 2017
Overall I it is a positive, flexible, friendly work environment. Everyone is very welcomed and team oriented. I enjoy seeing different patients every day when I walk in to the hospital, which makes this job so much rewarding. The facility is brand new :).
Pros
Cafteria food is amazing!!!
Amazing Place
Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJuly 27, 2017
Started to work full time in HR department, the people, work environment and hospital staff is great. They all made me feel very welcomed and part of a family.
Pros
Cafe down stairs, employee perks
Average
RN Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJuly 18, 2017
The hospital is new with great potential, but need experience in management. The community is in need of a hospital and hopefully management will be revamped and the hospital stays for the long run.
Registered Nurse/ Clinical Unit Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJune 14, 2017
Its a great place to work. The management team is great. There is room to grow and advance your career. There is nothing else that i want to write on here.
Hospital
ER Registration/Main Admitting/Financial Assistant (Current Employee) –  Compton californiaNovember 13, 2015
its getting busy at work now

Register patients

verified insurances

customer service

fast pass area

work goes by fast

work in main admitting as well Emergency Room
Cons
working every weekend

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Martin Luther King, Jr. Community Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.

Martin Luther King, Jr. Community Hospital Reviews by Location