Martin Management Group Employee Reviews

Business office mgr runs the show
Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Ontario, CAApril 30, 2018
Poor upper management, zero support system, business office manager is a joke and the GM is scared of her! Ownership has no clue what they’re doing, it’s like they do just enough to keep the doors open and that’s it.
Pros
Weekly pay
Cons
Too many to list
Was a long time ago
Designated Grouchy Person (Former Employee) –  Bowling Green, KYApril 18, 2018
Had a great time, contributed to the organization's success, and they contributed to mine. Was many years ago and most people I worked with are now gone, but this site made me review it.
Bad management on the director level
Business Development Specialist (Former Employee) –  Bowling Green, KYApril 4, 2018
Not willing to work with school schedules and not appreciating to their employees.

Not considerate of any problems any one has. Everyone is just a number. WILL NOT PAY OVERTIME. Even if you have overtime, it won't be paid to you
Worst place to work for keep looking , it’s a bad place
SFM (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNOctober 30, 2017
Bad customer service , bad management , dirty , no breaks , you are treated like animal , very slow process , the health care it’s very bad , you don’t get no vocation time unless you have been there for a year which is very hard to do with this kind of mangment , the customers always unhappy , the service department is very bad dirty , hard to get to service , and who buys a car there is wont come back , it’s unorganized operation.
Pros
Cons
No breaks, bad management and poor training
Love this place
Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNJune 23, 2017
Great place to work!!!
All new management took over about a year ago. The new GM is awesome to work for. He has been there over a year now and really cares about everyone that works here. The people from sales to service really care about the customers and is just a really fun place to work. Money is good and people are great. I would recommend the Nashville store to anyone to work at. GREAT people from the GM down!!!!!!
completely clueless
employee (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHMay 11, 2017
Absolutely the worst dealer group I've ever witnessed. Disorganized, dishonest, dysfunctional, delusional. They only thing this group does well is make people want to leave their organization. I've been in the business many years and they are the worst I've ever seen.
Pros
Cons
everything
It's like a circus and corporate is clueless
Sales (Former Employee) –  Dayton OHMarch 28, 2017
Most of the sales and service people are nice but serious management problems, from a GM who doesn't know what he's doing to other managers so wrapped up in themselves that they don't have time to help you with anything. Corporate is almost never in store and when they are they are nothing gets done anyway. They should learn to trust numbers instead of crybaby stories from their buddies. Stop playing favorites, the rest of staff still can see who is incompetent. Also managers seem to smell like whisky on the weekends.
Pros
Some nice coworkers
Cons
Bad management & owner doesn't pay attention
You don't want it.
BDC Representative (Former Employee) –  Bowling Green, KYMarch 13, 2017
I'll keep this brief, the management team couldn't have more clueless about how to run a business. The facilities are trashed, the pay and benefits are bad, and the managers can barely manage their way out of bed in the morning. Unless you're just a sadist stay away from this job and the office politics.
Pros
Not being there anymore.
Cons
Literally everything else.
Not a good company to work for!!! Find Something else and Don't waist your time
Sales (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNDecember 28, 2016
Poor Corp Management! The Martins do not need to be in the car business. They have several dealership but most if not all are loosing money left and right. Mr. Know It All can't keep a good staff. The group has had around 10 VP in the past five years or so and I would guess 20-30 Gm during that time. Nashville has had 10 or so since ownership and the Bowling Store has had 10-15 in the past 5 years. This company has poor insurance and benefits. They think of nothing but the Martins. All employees including Corp. Management are disposable to the Martins.
Pros
That I know longer work there
Cons
There IS something better out there. Keep looking!
Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  KentuckyJuly 28, 2016
This dealership feels like working on a sinking ship. Management, although nice, are hanging on by a thread as it seems they have zero management skills or the know how to get their team motivated.

I'd say the only reason they keep employees is because there isn't time to look for new jobs, yet everyone is always talking about other places they'd like to work.

I'm not a disgruntled employee. I'm not looking for a new job. I'm just being honest in my review.

Time off to spend with our families would be a nice start. And 40 hour work weeks.

They definitely get the most out of each employee for the littlest pay possible.
Pros
Employees are fun!
Cons
Pay, time off, management, owners have no clue
Stay away this is the worst I have ever seen
GM Manager (Former Employee) –  Bowling Green, KYFebruary 15, 2016
Actions prove who someone IS, words just prove who THEY want to be. Numbers don't lie. When a company goes thru a handful of vp's and a handful of GM's in a year's time. There's A serious issue. All real car guys stay away they are a joke . For me I have always known that I am as good as the people I surround my self with . They have forgotten that or they never learned it .The guys posting good reviews are their current employees trying to help to over come their terrible reputation. It took many years for them to get this low and it will take many many years to get out of it .
Pros
None stay away
Cons
Everything is a con from pay to Upper management
VP of Operations (Current Employee) –  Dayton, OhioJanuary 11, 2016
I found a home when I found this dealer group. This company is full of great people to work with and for, I have enjoyed my 4 years here and look forward to many more. Although the upper management has gone through some changes in the time that I have been here everything is changing for the better. The Martin Family has treated me great and it is nice to see an owner so involved in day to day business. If you are looking to join a Team that wants to win look no further, This dealer group is growing with the second generation running it while most others are selling out to large corporations.
We are always looking for good talent so if that's you then click the button and send us your resume, we have all of the tools necessary for ongoing training to keep you ahead of our competition.
Pros
surrounded by great people, along with good pay and full benefits.
Cons
None that I can think of.
Amazing place to work!
General Manager (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNJanuary 4, 2016
I worked for this company for 9 years prior to moving here to Nashville. I would say not a better place to work as this one. If you look at the bitter reviews listed below they are from EXemployees. These are people who were okay with taking money for no results. No sales person was selling 17 cars here then all of sudden left. The only people who left were the ones who could not deal with being managed and did not know how to do their job. We don't currently have 17 sales staff between both Subaru and Hyundai but we will. The store keeps improving and excited to see what the future brings.
Pros
Great place
Cons
Gets cold here in Nashville
Not a good place to work
sales (Former Employee) –  Downtown NashvilleDecember 29, 2015
The worst dealership to work for! I used to sell 17-20 cars a month and now they Chang that by bringing and hiring more people so no one could sell over 8'- 12 cars a month. If you don't know the managers and if you are a minority in anyway or fashion Goodluck! You won't stand a chance. They sell 100 cars a month with 17 sales people so no money could be made. And the facility is joke old and dirty and out of date. Terrible management from the top to bottom.
Pros
Cons
too many to mention
Debilitated and busted
Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Nashville TennesseeAugust 15, 2015
This building is in need of CPR. You put your heart and soul in this place just to be replaced. I was the 6th service manager in 3yrs. This family own, idiot ran corporate management, doesn't understand loyalty or hard work. I built a good team out of misfits. Now one with experience in automotive wants to work there because of its reputation. My team had raw talent and they were starting to shine. Outside vends and manufacture reps couldn't believe the news, we had just had 3 of the best months ever... It's just a joke. Don't take my word for it, ask others in the market they will all tell you the same.
Pros
Great blue collar team
Cons
Water leaks, old old equipment, make do with what you have.
in the ghetto where the roof leaks everyday
fixed operations (Former Employee) –  louisville kyJuly 21, 2015
I agree, a horrible company to work for. And yes, the ownership have some serious issues. They Martin group has several marginal performing dealerships and they bleed from the few successful to pay for the failing dealerships. The management team, ie the family, have no idea how the motorcycle industry operates. Self entitled management philosophy. Should have been a BET lawyer...
Pros
Made a ton a money until they figured it out
Cons
everything else
Fun workplace if you can avoid the owner
Internet Manager (Former Employee) –  Bowling Green, KYFebruary 17, 2015
Great employees very fun to work and decent pay. However management tends to belittle and insult employees beneath them, the owner snubs his nose at employees and makes no effort to learn their names, will consistently refer to you as whatever he chooses even when corrected.

Pay was subpar compared to other dealers in the area but was tolerable. Avoid management and you will be fine.
Pros
Good pay for upper level employees
Cons
Terrible management attitudes
A horrible Place to work
technician (Former Employee) –  ontario, caDecember 1, 2014
I was a technician at subaru of ontario. I was involved in a car accident while i was on an authorized overnight test drive. I was hit by another vehicle, the accident was not my fault. I was fired the next week after the accident. My termination papers stated that i was fired because of the accident.
Pros
there are no pros to working at this company
Cons
Drama, irresponsible management, unclean facilities

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Martin Management Group. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about