Martin Marietta Materials Employee Reviews

Working for MM was a fun experience in the SF Bay area. A great experience working in Silicon Valley.
App Progr /Associate Engineer/ Senior Engineer (Former Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CAAugust 19, 2018
MM was a premier US defense company working on some of the most advanced technologies currently employed. Supporting the warfighter was one of the highlights of my career.
Pros
Working in the Bay area of SF
Cons
No Cons
Very alternating schedule good work environment
Batch Plant Operator (Current Employee) –  Killeen, TXJuly 30, 2018
Martin marietta is a good safety oriented company that cares about the employees and pays competitively and they work very well with scheduled appointments and time off
Pros
Cons
Low hours
very fast paced always busy
MAINTAINANCE WELDER (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJuly 25, 2018
very good benefits very good pay always busy fast paced good bosses good safety record good training long hours but makes night go by faster was sorry to be laid off
Pros
good bosses good pay
Cons
had to adjust to working nights
martin marietta
Equipment operator/ Utility person (Current Employee) –  Ames, IAJuly 22, 2018
While employed here i went through many different instances that no one should have to experience in their working career. Management was poor, I never felt comfortable coming to work
Good job with long hours
Parts Specialist (Current Employee) –  Denver, COJuly 21, 2018
You start out with a good wage and work more than 40 hours a week. Sometimes hard to balance life and work especially if you work weekends. Most benefits start the day you start there so that’s a bonus.
Pros
Good benefits and family oriented work place
Cons
Long hours hard to balance life sometimes
dispatcher
Northern and Southern Colorado Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJuly 17, 2018
dispatched vehicles for aggregate delivery...created orders for delivery .handled customer compliants…..handles insurance requirements for truck companies
Pros
good benefits
Work schedule is ok.
Stamper Mine (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJuly 14, 2018
A typical day, for me, an underground truck driver was driving in a circle underground in a mine for 11 hours. Some days went smooth others not so smooth. I learned a lot about the mining industry as far as what to look for to maintain a safe work environment for my fellow employees. The management side of it I think could use a little more work. If you needed something (small examples; radio or a mine light), you would get a radio but more than likely it wouldn't work or it would work but the battery wouldn't last that long. Mine lights were the same way and would take forever to receive one. The hardest part of my job was staying awake. It's very easy to get tired so you have to find ways to keep you awake. The most enjoyable part of my job was having others there keeping me safe and making it a fun place to work.
Pros
4 on 4 off schedule
Cons
4 on 4 off schedule, something breaksdown truck drivers are the first ones to get sent home.
Greatest job ever!!!
Maintenance Welder (Current Employee) –  Cayce, SCJuly 10, 2018
I would recommend this job to anyone, anytime. Greatest place to work. Will work with you to make work safe, will work with you if you have family sick. This is one of the greatest company’s ever anybody would be lucky to work here
Pros
Great management staff
Cons
Not long enough nreaks
Administrative Assistant to SW Regional Manager
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Denton, TXJuly 9, 2018
Worked for Enviromental Manager making sure files were updated, typing completed for correspondence as well as submitting applications for excavation permits. Also ordered necessary supplies for rock quarries.
Pros
Great environment, co-workers and management
Cons
Could not get hired on as a full time employee - was contract labor
Administrative Assistant / Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COJuly 6, 2018
I was with Martin Marietta for 2 years. They were great to work for and it had outstanding job security. They really took care of their people. They were very flexible if you needed time off for whatever reason.
Pros
Great hours, Pay was exceptional
Cons
Productive work place where co workers are like family
Driver/Operator (Current Employee) –  Monroe, LAJuly 2, 2018
Enjoy working at Martin marietta, I'm jus not satisfied with my wages. Overall it is a great productive place to work. Safety is mandatory at this place of business
Billon dollar company with 10 dollar equipment
General Labor (Former Employee) –  Malcom, IAJuly 1, 2018
Worked in a dump truck with little to no air conditioning with a heat index above 100 degrees. Manager was not concerned and never gave relief during the high heat. They stress safety, but never implement safety.
Pros
Non
Cons
Poor safety
Great Company overall. Management needs work on ethics.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TX 78249June 26, 2018
Every location is different. Depends on your immediate supervisor on how successful you are. Volunteer opportunities. Made some lifelong friends. Overall workplace culture positive.
Pros
Pay & Benefits
Cons
Management needs work
Aggregates
Maintenace Worker (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCJune 11, 2018
Aggregates is a good place to work. good benefits and a good 401 k plan. its a lot of things you have to learn in a timely matter. But if you are serious about your job you will learn them. I had no experience at all when I started, within a year in a half I was impressed with all the things I've learned. it's a good environment and like all jobs can be stressful at times. But at the end of the day they take care of u so u can provide for your family.
OK place to work
Ready Mix Operator (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJune 9, 2018
The only bad I can see wrong with this company is the lack of hours when the weather is not good. Heavy rain or storm can prevent you maintaining your regular work hours fir the week.
Great Place to work
Computer Specialist/Financial Reporter (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJune 6, 2018
I learned a lot at this job. Was offered many opportunities for advancement and learning. People were friendly and always will to help each other or other divisions. Pay was good, location was great.
Pros
learning opportunities
Good job
Quality Control Lab Technician (Former Employee) –  Mill Creek, OKMay 28, 2018
It was a good place to work, opportunities to try different positions come open regularly. They do, however, show favoritism with certain employees. Management does not provide full training but expects you to understand your position fully.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Favoritism shown
Looking for growth
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  TexasMay 23, 2018
The CEO is looking to grow the company and he is not afraid to spend money to do it. The investments made so far have proven to work out in the short term.

Different management styles exist at the various plants I worked / visited. Most of the folks are good honest people and easy to get along with.
No Summary provided
Construction Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Oak Ridge, TNMay 14, 2018
Do not wish to provide a review as many years have passed since my employment. I have provided a rating above and this should be sufficient to satisfy your need for accurate information
Good place to work and gain experience...
Human Resources (Former Employee) –  TexasMay 7, 2018
Good place to work and gain experience that will serve you well outside of the company. This is a male dominated field and women are often left to assume administrative roles. Limited advancement opportunities for females but for males they are plentiful. Often micromanaged.