MARTIN PREFERRED FOODS

MARTIN PREFERRED FOODS Employee Reviews

United States38 reviews
it was ok pay was good yes pe friendly but you worked long period of a shift which was tiring from early morning to next morning but overall it was a good job
Company is family owned, owners are the best people I have ever meet, they are kind and care about employees, unfortunately management doesn't go by that vision and don't care about company but themselves, racist and very rude, they go by who they like or are friends of...jeopardizing productivity, if you want to keep your job be ready to lick, be ready to be disrespected and shut up HR? Useless
If looking to make money and work long hours, this is a company to apply. You will be able to meet all types of people. Men and women are encouraged to apply.
Unless you are part of the family or from Texas A&M you are not treated fairly. The pay is fair and so are the benefits, Father is very tough to work for in the family run environment.
Martin foods is a food industry where I am working as a production scheduler. It is a good company, great people with a good working culture. It really has experienced and knowledgable people from whom I am learning great things.
Share your experience
Let job seekers know what it's like to work at your company.
The production Management/Supervisors cause a lot of conflict and drama always trying to get people fired or in trouble , it’s a horrible environment.
If you are Hispanic it's an easy place to get hired. Also if toy have a family member working there already. I personal think it is only a stepping stone nothing to make a career.
Management are non-communicative and will gladly shuffle you out the door when they are done with you, cannot give a low enough rating. Would give zero stars if i could.
Great company to work for. I’ve supported staff by processing returns and preparing credit memos for customer refunds, as well as organizing and stocking incoming product.
• Logistically provided aid to higher management; executing a wide variety of office task and preparing products for shipment while ensuring customer satisfaction.
Was given ample opportunity to learn new skills, improve current skills, and help others. Enjoyed my bosses and the way the trusted me with the work. Got to be creative and work hard. Stayed busy with a complex, fun job. Unfortunately, got laid off with a budget issue. Really sad to go, though.
You can work up to 70 hours a week. Long long hours. Unfortunately upper management don’t appreciate the real hard working people. Their mentality have to change and also they have trust issue. They only trust legacy employees who are protected by owner and they will never get discipline by their actions.
Nothing Bad To Say About The Company But Mostly A Day In The Life Was Clocking In Getting The Task Off The Computer, Inspect The Forklift And Start The Shift
Management sells you dreams and doesn’t fulfill you with the opportunities they promise! No way of moving up or space for opportunities because the 3 head guys in night shift aren’t going no where and they even tell you that. The job here should be part time because all you evere going to be here is a regular warehouse worker with very minimal raises
Cons
A very good work place very friendly people
Good management.

You get training get a lot of benefits

2 week vacation when u have 2 years

Then at 5 years they give u 3 week vacation

We’ll pay an a lot of overtime Monday thru Friday
MPF is a great place to learn the trade and craft as well as working for a great family owned company. Company has many long term employees and values employees as family.
Sorry to say not recognized for doing an outstanding job. Only told when you did not live up to their standards. A lot of good employees that work hard for the ccompany
A lot of favoritism, a lot of lies from management. just a lot of bull!!! the pay is minimum and raises or not at all based on work ethics or how hard you show them you are capable of doing multiple jobs. I wouldn't recommend this job to anyone
A typical day at work involves me starting my shift at 1, getting all the meat orders we have to produce, and assessing which ones still have to complete and in what order to produce them. I have learned how to operate industrial grade meat tumblers and weight scales. The management is apathetic at best, and to me personally, very two faced. I have not received fair treatment, having been promised positions multiple times and then nothing, no word of even why I wasn't promoted. On top of this, I was thrown under the bus for other employees' mistakes, because the manager was 'friends' with those employees, and told 'we're not here to make friends', when it's clear that they are playing favorites. The workplace culture is disheartening, negative, and stressful. The hardest part of the job is manual labor, you have to work hard to process up to 50,000 pounds of raw meat every day and turn it into a viable product. The most enjoyable part of the job was getting to go home at the end of the day.
Pros
Paid time off
Cons
short breaks, poor management, high turnover affects productivity
A typical day at work was have a safety meeting talk about the orders that needed to be completed. I learned how to operate different equipment, management was fair with all the employees,the culture was decent.The hardest part of my job was working in the freezer and the most enjoyable part was getting the job done.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
short breaks
no complaints it was decent for then time i was there i would say they need more room for advancement but i cant say anything bad about this company!!
The hours were great and the many places we had to go and make the deliveries were also good too. Got a chance to know more about san Antonio and the many people in it.
Pros
was all pro
Cons
was no cons