MARTIN PREFERRED FOODS

MARTIN PREFERRED FOODS Culture reviews

United States38 reviews
Martin foods is a food industry where I am working as a production scheduler. It is a good company, great people with a good working culture. It really has experienced and knowledgable people from whom I am learning great things.
A typical day at work involves me starting my shift at 1, getting all the meat orders we have to produce, and assessing which ones still have to complete and in what order to produce them. I have learned how to operate industrial grade meat tumblers and weight scales. The management is apathetic at best, and to me personally, very two faced. I have not received fair treatment, having been promised positions multiple times and then nothing, no word of even why I wasn't promoted. On top of this, I was thrown under the bus for other employees' mistakes, because the manager was 'friends' with those employees, and told 'we're not here to make friends', when it's clear that they are playing favorites. The workplace culture is disheartening, negative, and stressful. The hardest part of the job is manual labor, you have to work hard to process up to 50,000 pounds of raw meat every day and turn it into a viable product. The most enjoyable part of the job was getting to go home at the end of the day.
Pros
Paid time off
Cons
short breaks, poor management, high turnover affects productivity
A typical day at work was have a safety meeting talk about the orders that needed to be completed. I learned how to operate different equipment, management was fair with all the employees,the culture was decent.The hardest part of my job was working in the freezer and the most enjoyable part was getting the job done.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
short breaks
Typical day was reconciling cash received vs General Ledger.
Bank deposits received and applied to customer accounts.

The general manager was in great support of my position.

The hardest part of the job was understanding their specialized software with inventory,(Macola).
The most enjoyable part of the job were the co-workers were very friendly and we all had great camaraderie.
Pros
Located in Houston Heights.
Cons
Acquisition was made to Martin Preferred Foods.
Share your experience
Let job seekers know what it's like to work at your company.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at MARTIN PREFERRED FOODS?