MARTTI Employee Reviews

summary
Supervisor at Language Access Network (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHJuly 6, 2018
Great work environment and a lot of opportunities. constant changing and exiting growth and career building opportunity. flexible scheduling hours and great benefits.
Excellent co workers (Mostly) and, a distant, careless and moody management.
Medical interpreter (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHJune 27, 2018
I've been working with LAN/MARTTI for over a year now and at the beginning, The made me feel like I own the place. It all about us and the management are here to support us but, Since the beginning of this year, 2018 MARTTI has descended and culturally declining. They are have transited from a culturally based company to a company that trying to follow the steps of corporate with the same carelessness and many silly rules such as the point systems (If we are late 6 min even if we were stuck in a traffic, then a half point is what we get).
A lot of requirements to continue working here, We have to be nationally certified which required to get tested and have to pay money (If we were able to do that with the first 6 months of hiring then it is free).
Even with training classes that MARTTI provides, We have to pay!
And for the advancements, If you know no one in the management and you are not a fawning, then forget about it!
Pay is not equal! Some interpreters get more than others! It just depends of who you know and how good are you with negotiations.
Management are being paid more than us whereby, It is us who are making the money!
Without the interpreters, This company with go broke!
Unless you really need the money, then don't apply!
Pros
Co workers (operators and Interpreters)
Cons
Management, Management and Management
I like working there
Medical Mandarin Interpreter (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHJune 27, 2018
I enjoyed interpretation. It is very flexible. I like being there. I enjoyed helping people. I was very energized after each session. They look for continuous improvement
Pros
very friendly
Cons
can pay a little more
Contract Nepali OPI
Contract OPI (Current Employee) –  Work at HomeMay 16, 2018
The pay rate is horrible. The system is kind of joke. You have to pickup your phone at system platform and at your mobile phone. I do miss so many calls because of ridiculous system.
Pros
Take it easy. No worries because no one is there to judge your job.
Cons
Horrible pay, not enough calls especially for contractors.
Horrible Company to work for
Video Operator (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMay 14, 2018
The management there is horrible! I do not believe this company will be around much longer. Payroll hardly ever worked. They change the way we connected calls and transfer calls almost every week. Also it is true that if you are sick they will give you an occurance. They don’t care if you have the flu you still have to be at work in order to not get an occurence. My car stopped on me on my way to work I had to call in and tell them I would be late and I was waiting on a ride. I was late 30 minutes and I still got a point. Also you have to work extremely hard to get PTO.
Pros
An hour lunch, nice co workers
Cons
Poor management, Stressful environment, PTO is hard to get, the occurrences, and low pay
Worse company to work for, you have no rights, they treat you like a slave & a robot
Interpreter (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INApril 25, 2018
Run away from this company, if you accept it you eventually will be sorry you did, the majority of the interpreters love their jobs, love helping patients & providers but due to the way we are poorly & unfairly treated most of us are there until we get a better job, they pay so low compare to the load of work we do, you will be paid the same if you are just a high school graduate as if you have a college degree, or even if you are a doctor md (slap on the face) , your supervisor & manager won’t care if you get sick, if your kids get sick, if you have a family emergency, etc... everything justified counts against you & it’s an occurrence, if there is a snow storm or if you are in the middle of an accident in the hwy & if you are 5 mins late it’s counts against you, so many people have quit since I got there, coworkers come sick with flu, after surgeries & with medical problems needing to go to the doctor & managment won’t let them go home sick or to their doctors appts. because they don’t care about you & if you leave it counts against you with an occurrence, pretty much you are a salve there, I have seen so so many people quit due to the lack of empathy & careless about personal issues. Examples: Coworker quit due to managmente denial of taking the time off from work to go to a follow up doctor appt. after surgery; another quit because they kept denying giving her vacations & not giving her 2yo PTO already accumulated; another quit because inspite her college degree & customer service experience was paid the same as a high school graduate; another one quit due to denial  more... of trying to change her work schedule due to family issues, etc. Recruiters are not clear & are deceiving, they keep changing their stories & at times won’t reply to your emails at all, managers promise you advancements when in reality there is no posibilites for it (unless you take their position) because the headquarters are some where else on another state & they only need interpreters & operators where you are located, managers & supervisors are at times less educated & less knowledgable than several of the interpreters, managers/supervisors have favorites & those ones get away with more permissions such as vacation time, days off, etc. They mandate you to keep taking 10hrs/year of interpretation classes where they offer them to you & by the way they charge them to you for it, I have seen coworkers get paid less of what they should get in their paychecks & when they go ask to manager about the pay mistake then my woworkers get yelled at & since several months haven’t even pay back that money for their mistake, but when they pay you $4 more by mistake they go after you to give it back ASAP. Makes me think CEO’s only care about $$$, I suggest for the owners of Martti, to go & visit the different call centers around the country & talk to employees so they find out how poorly their employees are treated & to see what is going on in their company if they want to keep growing as a company since their employees turn around (quitting the job) is very high  less
Pros
Great coworkers, very diverse, nice friendly supportive coworkers, I loved helping patients & doctors breaking the language barrier
Cons
Poor management, very expensive health benefits, they treat you like slaves, makes you feel you are not even in America the way they treat you
No honesty to their employees, recurring changes in policy.
Medical Interpreter (Current Employee) –  Tigard, ORApril 24, 2018
The company has no employee retention and that is because of the massive workload, call after calls not even seconds apart, that is very bad for mental health. They change the benefit structure in a way that the employee has to pay for a supper expensive insurance and co-pay plus deductible before getting any benefit from the company.
The pay rate differs from languages being Spanish the lowest paid languages and the one with more demand! Management is always making excuses to support their faults, if they make a mistake you have to embrace it or you are fired. There is not continuous training at all, new hires are not ready by the time to be on the phone comes. and they ask the so called Mentors to help them out!
Honestly one of the worst work experiences I have had, Co-worker are cool, we all share the same frustration towards the company.
Pros
Full Time
Cons
poor management, trashy benefits, trashy policies, no career path!
Interpreter (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHApril 10, 2018
Poor management but good hardworking interpreters. Interpreters are not treated well by the administrative staffs whose salary is generated by the interpreters.
Love interpreting for the medical field
Spanish/English Medical Interpreter (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMarch 14, 2018
A typical day at work consisted of continous calls from different health providers needing assistance with the language barrier.
I learned how to effectively interact with different cultures and backgrounds and how important it was my help to be able to break the language barrier.
Loved the diversity of this job, people form different parts of the world with knowledge of different languages, just amazing!
Pros
Being able to help people
Cons
Call center closing.
Interpreter (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, InMarch 8, 2018
We are at work everyday taking call after call, management does not care about our health at all! We have to come to work rather we have a fever of 105 degrees Fahrenheit, Pneumonia, Flu, Stomach Flu, We could have meningitis and we would have to be at work! The Refrigerator is disgusting! threw away some milk that had been expired since 05/2017, I have and so have many other coworkers said something about the fridge yet they don't do anything about it, they say that we need to clean it out on our breaks or lunch (off the clock) when the stuff in there are from employees that are no longer here and have not been here in a long time! Co Workers are excellent just management is poor!
I love working with the patients and providers, they are the only reason why i still work here!
Pros
Helping Patients and Providers
Cons
Management, low pay, non affordable benefits, Supervisors that don't care about the well being of their employees!
Low Pay, Over Work, Self-contradictory Management, Poor Benefits
Medical Interpreter (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHJanuary 26, 2018
Martti's only priorities are how to please investors, maximize profit, and minimize costs. Interpreters are treated as slaves. Martti only sees $$$.
Pros
An interpreter job with health insurance and PTO and nice coworkers (interpreters)
Cons
Poor employee treatment, expensive health insurance, low pay, overload
They better start respecting the employees
Interpreter (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHJanuary 21, 2018
Stressful work environment. Everyone on the floor is friendly and hard workering. The cross the hallway is over story. Low pay. No flexibility with work hours.Policy’s always changing. They are constantly making pity rules, what does not make any sense whatsoever!

I am out as soon as I find a better job
Pros
Great interpreters
Cons
Poor management
Growing with all together
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHJanuary 19, 2018
The open door policy that the company has is essential and one tht all employees appreciate. Typical day is being there for employees and trouble shoot any system or computer issues that they may have. also record employee attendance and if need be to increase employee then send an ASAP shift. Employee moral is very important and one I work on everyday by listening their concerns and working with management for improvement.
Best Place I've Ever Worked For
Spanish Medical Video Interpreter (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHJanuary 18, 2018
Martti is an excellent company to work for. The compensation is very fair and there are many opportunities for overtime. Martti provides excellent and thorough training and great benefits.
Bad place to work
Medical Interpreter (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INDecember 28, 2017
Everything above being said is TRUE!
Low pay, lots of work over load! Back to back calls specially for spanish! No sick time off, no vacations , you have to work REALLY hard to earn PTO. The point here is that YOU ARE A SLAVE! Don’t work at MARTTI!
Pros
Amazing co-workers
Cons
No benefits, low pay
Amazing company, management, and coworkers
Medical Interpreter (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INDecember 21, 2017
Martti [aka Language Access Network (LAN) is a well-organized company that is culturally diverse, which is one of the things I love most about being here. It is a fast-growing company that provides interpreting services in more than 250 languages.

There is no such thing as a perfect job with no complaints. There will always be something, but by far this is the best place I think one can work at. Everyone works as a team to provide services and do their best as a company in an efficient way.

The supervisors are friendly and kind-hearted; and coworkers are sweet and welcoming. Unfortunately, you don't get to spend much time with coworkers. But it's nice to have that sense of independence at work. Supervisors will also reach out to see how you're doing, and will ask how they can help you improve. I'm honestly very impressed by management and how they get back to you quickly, despite their busy schedules.

It can be very fast paced on certain days, specially for Spanish interpreters. But the more interpreters working, the less the call volume is. I've learned more about culture and diversity at work thanks to other coworkers, and even patients. I always learn at least 5-10 new words or terms a day.

If you enjoy helping people, diversity, and learning then Martti is a company you'll want to work for.
Pros
Good pay, Pto
Cons
Breaks feel short if it's a busy day, and don't really get to interact with coworkers
VRI Spanish Interpreter (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVNovember 25, 2017
0 respect for all employees, low paying to interpreters and agents, employees quit all the time because of the low pay. even though they make between $25-$50 MILLIONS a year in revenue. They have professionals of medicine (MDs) and they start them at $16.00/hr .... that, to me, is a slap in the face!

These people steal your hard earned money from your paycheck, their calculations are way different than the interpreters’; they steal your PTO too. If you have hours in your PTO bank, you better check it daily because they misteriously disappear. This has happenend over and over to many of the interpreters in different locations.

We truly stay because we need the $$$ to support our family; until we can find another comoany who will pay us what we’re worth or treat us with respect.

They MICRO-MANAGE, but know NOTHING about management, flip flopping policies, no structure, constantly shifting management, owners and/or investors are clearly out of touch with reality, no advancement, and even more.
Pros
LOVE my job
Cons
LOATHE the company
Great place to work!
Interpreter (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INOctober 26, 2017
Really good work environment at Martti Indianapolis, very nice people and managers. It pays really good and it is such a rewarding job helping people all over the states. There is a lot of calls a day, it is busy, but it is a fast growing company.
Pros
good pay, long lunch breaks
Cons
too many calls
This place is awesome! I couldn't have made a better career choice!
Video Operator (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INOctober 26, 2017
I started 9/25/17 and I zero complaints! EVERYONE is so friendly and its like a small little family. This company is rapidly growing and I am proud to say that I am apart of the growth! The perks and benefits of the company are awesome and the pay is really good!
Great working environment, great coworkers
Video Intepreter (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INOctober 26, 2017
The company offers a fast paced environment with continuous training. A typical day at work includes many calls from all over the States and a wide arrange of departments. Coworkers are very nice and helpful. Management at local office can be reached easily and very accessible. The most enjoyable part of the job is to be able to help people in the community. The hardest part is to be seated for long periods of time and not being able to have quality time with coworkers.
Payment is decent but could be improved. Especially if working on weekends or late at night. The company offers benefits if you work more than 32 hours/week which is not the norm around.
The part I consider should be addressed is the recruiting process. Recruiters seem lost. They don't deliver a clear message.
I would recommend this job to people who enjoy helping others and with a strong/fluent vocabulary in English and target language.
Pros
Fast paced, Continuous training, multi-cultural environment, great coworkers, accesible managers, part-time/full-time jobs offered
Cons
Be seated for many hours, no time to share with coworkers, recruting personnel not helpful, interpreters on the same level don't get paid equal

Ask a question about working or interviewing at MARTTI. Our community is ready to answer.