Marva Maid Dairy Employee Reviews

demanding place to work
Quality Assurance Manager (Former Employee) –  Landover, MDJune 17, 2019
Tried to get as much work as possible from minimal number of employees as possible. They tried to raise the bar after every minimum performance parameter was met.
Fast paced
Packaging Operator (Former Employee) –  Newport News, VAJune 5, 2019
Stressful, fast paced, no sleep, no rest, no days off, hostile managers, hard on your body, ok pay, friendly co workers, hires felons for a second chance
Great work atmosphere , the group here is my second family !
Branch Manager (Current Employee) –  Roanoke, VAMay 8, 2019
The typical day at work , is driving and rolling milk into accounts . You get to know your customers on a daily . So as long as you greet them do your job , everyone is happy.

I've learned patience , every account is different and you must be able to adapt to changing attitudes .

The workplace culture at the Roanoke Branch is very friendly and comfortable , if a driver has family or health related issues I always work with them to ensure they can have time off and their route covered.

The hardest part of the job is consistently coming in early every morning , however I am flexible on this our drivers know the later they come in the later they get back .

The most enjoyable part of the job is getting back from a route completing your paperwork , knowing another day done .
Pros
As long as you show up and give 100%, you will always have help when needed.
Cons
There is bad items with any job that you may not like you deal with it.
marva maid
Utility Worker (Current Employee) –  Newport News, VAMarch 2, 2019
very unprofessional place to work ,
if your looking for a job the best position would be to apply for the plants the savill building on acorn has poor management
Good Job, Petty Employees
Debagger (Current Employee) –  Newport News, VAFebruary 19, 2019
Is one of the best places, pay wise, that I have ever worked. Morale is lowered, I believe, because of the gossiping and belittling that is instigated on a continuous level. It's like middle school with 40-50 year olds. Management is overworked but does an average job, but there of course there's favortism. Its a good atmosphere, but I don't think for long term.
Pros
close to home, good pay, easy work
Cons
Long delays, Gossiping coworkers
Will not spend money to purshase the tools you need to perform your job.
Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Culpeper, VAJanuary 15, 2019
Very long hours. Poor management , pay not enough for the work I was doing.Good benefits. Will not spend money on the tools you need to perform your job. Very unorganized .
Pros
close to home
Cons
Hard work and long hours
Route Salesman (Former Employee) –  Newport News, VASeptember 17, 2018
The day starts early and sometimes runs late. You need to be organize and your mind on what you are doing. This job is not for everyone. The handling of product from the truck to the ground may be the hardest part of this job. You will meet people that will be your friend for a lifetime.
Nice and friendly people
Relief Operator (Current Employee) –  Landover, MDSeptember 9, 2018
Good facility to work at I was able to fit right in when I first started I had some training to learn how to operate the filler machine I learn how to operate the blow mold that's the machine that makes the jugs and I also learn how to operate the robot which is another machine that puts the jugs onto a pilot
IT was ok
Route Sales Driver (Former Employee) –  Newport News, VAAugust 29, 2018
It was a good experience, I needed it. Cant say I would go back. They definetly need help due to high turn around rate. New management would help aslo.
Good Work Good On hours Friendly environment
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Newport News, VAJune 13, 2018
Was Cool I was a temp so low pay less hours then Real employees .. Co workers and Managers where real Cool the Work was Extremely easy once you learn how to read orders I always was finish with my work early
Management blames the employees for Everything
Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  Newport News, VAJanuary 4, 2018
Management will go to any lengths not to address a problem. They don't know your job, so they cant tell you how to do it safely. They won't allow time for maintenance so instead they impliment dangerous work arounds that get many workers injured.
These are truly dead-end jobs. They will not promote employees or hire Temps full time. Instead of staffing jobs from within they flood the place with temps.
Pros
Health insurance
Cons
Poor communication with management
It’s an easy work place and you can work at your own pace with out worrying about somebody down your back .
Production Manager (Former Employee) –  Hampton, VANovember 29, 2017
Make sure you bundle up and dress appropriately for the cold and stay on your station . Keep your area up and going so everybody else can do there part and make sure everything runs smoothly
Pros
Work on your on time and take your on breaks
Cons
It’s really cold and you do a lot of standing up
Fast pace Company always looking to the future
Route Sales Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Newport News, VirginiaOctober 4, 2017
I have learned many different things while working for Marva Maid Dairy. The most important thing is to get to know your customers. Love what you do. No matter what you are going through in your life make that customer feel like they are the most important thing and you woukd try and make them happy.
Pros
Seeing diffrent faces everyday
Cons
Starting work at 1am
Not fun
Route Salesman/Driver (Former Employee) –  VirginiaMay 30, 2017
Day started 4:30 ended around 4:00 the thing I learned about dairy is that you need a strong back and thick skin the management changed so much that getting help or answers to questions didn't happen . The hardest part of the job was dealing with management and there lack of support. There was nothing enjoyable about the job.
Pros
Home early
Cons
Having my own office was a perk, driving over 55,000 miles a years delivering freezers or taking trips to repair the unit
Equipment Operator (Former Employee) –  Newport News, VAFebruary 2, 2017
I was a Route Driver, Equipment Tech, Shipping and Receiving equipment, Transport equipment. Responsible for keeping up with warehouse inventory of all freezer units
Pros
Working with the public, managing my own workplace, developing relationships
Cons
The smell of sour milk at least twice a weak walking into the workplace
Close to home
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Newport News, VAJanuary 4, 2017
good learning experience, fun and friendly co-workers, hardest part of the job is troubleshooting the milk machine. Management isn't to bad but could be better.
productive, fun, fsat paced environment
Arvon Temp Agen (Former Employee) –  Newport News, VAAugust 24, 2016
a typical day was easy I learn how to use a floor jack my co-workers where more like family I cant say the job was hard in the most enjoyable part was getting paid
Pros
Cons
health care
Overloaded work schedule on a daily basis
Route Driver (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VADecember 16, 2015
The schedule was overloaded on a daily basis, remained dedicated through the whole job but was kicked to the curb after 10 years, when they decided to sell out.
Pay rate too low
Sales Secretary (Former Employee) –  Newport News,VAJuly 24, 2015
small business. low pay rate no employee recognition program implemented. pay rate needs to be higher. need to offer education and certification programs.
Pros
Small Company
Cons
low pay
Productive and fun
Jockey (Former Employee) –  Landover, MDMarch 12, 2015
A typical day at work is to go to your station and get started with your work. I learned alot wile working there like running alot of machines.
Pros
good place
Cons
short breaks

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Marva Maid Dairy. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9