Marvell Semiconductor

Marvell Semiconductor Employee Reviews

Marvell is going through some changes for the better, but at moments all the acquisitions the company has made makes the employees feel like the job security here is low. However, the great perks make it worth it.
Pros
Free lunch
Too many buyouts that result in a lot of layoffs. A lot of times, employees wonder if they are going to next. Location in Irvine may not last. Positions were mixed to India recently.
Pros
Work flexibility
Cons
Constant layoffs
Good culture and interview experience.Good work-life balance.Excellent recruiting manager. A very qualified mentor and Marvell staffing department is doing great under his vision and leadership.
setup test equipment such as servers, switches, storage and miscellaneous lab infrastructure equipment cabling and power to manage Fiber and Ethernet testing for engineer. Manage my time to be efficient on my daily tasks. We have a friendly environment/work place.
I have never been in a company that treats its employees as well as this. From awesome lunches to ping pong tournaments, there is not a moment that makes me feel appreciated.
Do you enjoy working at your company?
Every work experience is unique. Tell us about yours. Rate your employer.
Have not been here long enough to truly review the company but from the initial impression it seems like upper level management decisions are a bit short sighted
Not a good place to be. They only wanted information from us but gave no indication of assistance they could give the employees. Do not work for this company.
Great events, and benefits, flexible hours, nice team members. They say remote work is not encouraged but is allowed once in a while. That's my experience
Good company but the semiconductor is going down in general speaking. This is one of the company got affected. Bad, the trade war with China is affecting its customers
Marvell is a good place to work by seems limited on equipment and resources. ...typical day meetings most of the day with limited time for reports or other activities needed to do your job.
I had the opportunity to expand my skills into different roles and join different groups. People were treated fairly and respectful. Promotions are hard to come by. I enjoyed working with my co-workers.
The employees are some of the most intelligent forward thinking people I have ever met. The Engineers in the Marlborough office are brilliant as well as HR and administrative employees. These people are exceptional at what they do. These are some of the best coworkers and friends I have ever worked with.
Pros
Great technology and people. Fun place to work.
Cons
No Job security.
People in Marvell are very nice and they are working in a nice building. There is Verizon Cafe near the building in which people can have lunches. Nice location in Irvine.
Awesome cafeteria, great gym, excellent campus! Executive leadership is strong and committed to Marvell's success. Campus is on Highway 237 - gets clogged during rush hour.
My co-workers are very talented engineers, I never had to worry about fixing someone else's mistakes. The managers were also very knowledgeable I never had to worry about the managers not understanding what was going on with a design.
micro management, and they dont treat people well. game of throne, office politics, low pay, horrible environment, poor culture. pros: lunch is good.
Proactive management took over the company, and created an exciting, growth-oriented environment. Workplace culture was a meritocracy, and management allowed employees to control their own jobs. Enjoyable place to work.
When management requires training on ethical conduct and then there is an executive VP that treats his direct reports with no respect what kind of message does that send?
Benefits were good initially but went down as time passed. Still better compared to other organizations in the Bay Area. -----------------------------------------
If you are looking for a place where you work 9-5 doing A thing, can take lots of time off, long lunches and leave early on Friday, then this is possibly the place for you. If on the other hand, you are looking to make a difference/impact in the world, learn a lot, and feel like you are building something amazing while working with high performance people, look elsewhere. The shear number of IT, HR, Finance people in conjunction with the decision making hierarchy/overhead at this company will suck the living soul out of you in less than 6 months.
Pros
Subsidized lunches/coffee, unlimited PTO, decent gym
Cons
Siloed, analysis paralysis, culture focused on process/hierarchy vs the market and getting stuff down
Great work/life balance, get comp day/free lunch if work at weekends, good lunch, a lot of benefits. Low salary, lay off people incorrectly, no getting customers.
Pros
Good lunch
Cons
low salary