Mary's Center Employee Reviews

Best fqhc in dc
Coordinated Care Programs Manager (Bilingual) (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCJuly 16, 2019
Mary's Center is consistently recognized as a premiere institution and example of excellence for health centers both locally and nationally. Working here is working in the community. There is no screen between us and the reality of living in our city for the most disadvantaged and vulnerable populations in the area. Mary's Center values are patient centered, accountable, respectful, and culturally competent. Our work culture is empathetic and encouraging to the individual yet expects a high level of professionalism and accountability. As with many safety net health centers what lacks in salary is gained in the impact and value of our work.
Loved working here
Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJuly 11, 2019
If you work hard, you can have the opportunity to grow along with the company. Working here everyday doing what I love, I always tried to do my best and my job with passion.
Good collaborative learning environment
Integrative Behavioral Health Intern (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCMay 22, 2019
I was an intern but I enjoyed the people I worked with and learned a lot. There were meetings and trainings in addition to the day to day that were absolutely invaluable and it was a pleasure to attend them.
Fast Pace working environment
Dental Assistant (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCMay 18, 2019
Very Friendly, caring environment and diversity of patients.
Always making sure patients feel welcomed and safe environment. Very clean and organized office !
A staff member at Mary's Center asked me for some of my art work for fundraising.
Featured Artist (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCMarch 2, 2019

It was a good experience to provide some of my art work to Mary's Center in order to raise money.

It is a good organization.
Pros
It is a good organization.
Cons
No cons.
Excellent Versatile Organization
Health & Nutrition Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCJanuary 15, 2019
This company is very versatile in its activities and therefore has many opportunities for career change. Although if you are specifically looking to climb your professional career ladder this company is very small and higher management positions are hard to come by!
Work place is awful
Multiple Positions (Former Employee) –  Adelphi, MDJuly 18, 2018
They don’t appreciate your work. Manager is rude completely. They are disrespectful and annoying. Talking behind your back. New manager doesn’t have consideration of your duty.
Pros
Cons
Fake environment
Great Place to Volunteer
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJune 18, 2018
Worked with the Teen Center in specific and helped maintain order of the area. Would provide snacks to the youth and would help out the people in charge any way I could.
Did an accounting intern with Mary
Intern (Former Employee) –  Farmington, MOMay 16, 2018
I usually shadowed Ms. Mary then did what she did to learn the company way of doing things. We did the full circle of the accounting cycle.I learned a lot from Mary the tricks of the trade as well. I also did enjoy working with Mary she is a very likeable person.
Great Mission
Project Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCMarch 13, 2018
There is no shortage of passionate people that work at MC,everyone wants to help those in the community who are underrepresented. The CEO is an inspiring individual who has made it her life's work to help the community.
Pros
Great Work Environment
Cons
Mangers need better training
Great workplace.
Assistant to the Director of Communication (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCOctober 16, 2017
Thanks to mary's center I had the chance to learn a lot about work ethics and responsability. It was my first job and it was under a summer youth program but the company is great.
Supportive, learning environment
Home Visiting Program (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCOctober 12, 2017
The management in my program prioritized my professional growth and offered training based off of what I was interested in

They believed in me and gave me more responsibilities, job titles/salary as I continued to prove myself. They created room for growth.

CEO, COO and other directors make themselves available and present
Busy Enjoyable company
medical assistant II (Current Employee) –  Adelphi, MDOctober 11, 2017
Mary's Center is a good company that does a lot for the people in need however employees are not really valued, management is horrible, the enviroment is good.
Everybody worked together
Human Resources Assistant (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCSeptember 19, 2017
A typical day at work is really good , we all work together all the time.I learned that working together is much better than working alone. The most enjoyable part of my job was the staff memebers and managers they were really nice.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
They had different locations
Committed Staff
Program Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCAugust 27, 2017
Despite what upper manages says, the organization does not support work/life balance. The organization's best feature is its overworked but committed health providers and supportive staff.
Pros
Culturally diverse workplace, caring staff
Cons
Long working hours, below market rate salaries
productive work place
Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee) –  washington dcAugust 22, 2017
great place to work at many opportunities for advancements definitely recommend, manager and supervisor offer exceptional coaching and guidance for entire team
Dental
Hygienist (Former Employee) –  Dist. Columbia, DCAugust 10, 2017
The pay is way low than what it should be its very stressful lots of patient no respect so much expectations but no rewards they try to compensate you by saying they have great benefit and student loan repayment but at the end its not worth it! There is no pay increase and even with benefits and student loan repayment you cant afford living with what they trying to give u even after years working with them no pay increase why stay complacent?!
Pros
Benefits are good
Cons
No pay increase no career movement no respect
Coworkers are great
HR (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCAugust 4, 2017
The work environment is stressful. Unfortunately, a lot of drama within the work culture. Management is out of touch with the patient-facing staff. Senior management borders on unethical practices. Work/life balance is fine for admin staff.
it's a good place to work but pay is low
Senior Accountant (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCJuly 27, 2017
it's a good place to work but pay is low. you have chance to get promotion if you work well. working culture is fine but office condition need improvement.
Fun and Relaxed Work Enviroment for Intern
Intern (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCJune 29, 2017
I love interning at mary's center and would recommend it to other high schoolers. All the people who work there are so friendly and welcoming. The environment is productive without being stressful or boring.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Mary's Center. Our community is ready to answer.

Mary's Center Reviews by Location