Mary Kay Inc Employee Reviews

Found 1,777 reviews matching the search See all 2,521 reviews
Being an Independent Beauty consultant ia awesome. The flexible schedules. You make as much as you can. You earn vehicles and trip and recognition a
Independent Beauty Consultant (Current Employee) –  Detroit, MIJanuary 22, 2019
This is an awesome Brand to work with. You can have as many skin care classes as you need. The product sells itself. This is one company that offers you a new model SUV at a certain level. Each level is not hard to attain. A bit challenging but not hard.
I love that Mary Kay has tons of online training. You also have regular meetings to learn about new products and receive recognition at every step
Pros
Recognition, set your own hours, earn a vehicle, 50% commission
Cons
Some people just dont want to make a purchase.
Great opportunity and flexibility is superb!
Beauty Consultant (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXFebruary 13, 2019
As a "Stay-At-Home" parent, this career opportunity was phenomenal! Was able to work at my own pace and make my own schedule. Typically put aside a couple of hours for a couple of days out of the week to make calls, learn more about the business, listen to conference calls, etc.,. Sporadically informed prospective clients about products and sales promotions. Enjoyed talking to clients and potential clients about the career opportunities and new products and promotions. Loved the opportunity to network!
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Consistency in income.
Complete Autonomy with a team attmosphere.
Independent Beauty Consultant/Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Hillsborough County, FLFebruary 15, 2019
Mary Kay is a sales/commission driven industry. As a Mary Kay Beauty Consultant you are given complete autonomy. You choose when you work and with whom. The Company Mission is to "Enrich the lives of Women". The Company Philosophy is God First, Family Second, Career Third". Mary Kay Independent Beauty Consultants, teach skin care and make-up artistry using the Mary Kay Products. Therefore, Customer Service and Product Knowledge are essential to maintaining a successful long term business.
Pros
Compete Autonomy
Cons
Complete Autonomy
Fun Group to be apart of
Sales Director (Former Employee) –  Northport, ALJanuary 8, 2019
I made customer calls daily, went to unit meetings every Monday night, held 2-3 skin care classes a week, learned public speaking skills, sales skills, recruiting skils, management skills, training skills.

The hardest part of the job was recruiting committed people to be consultants

The most enjoyable part was the friendships, the seminars, the skin care classes, meeting people
Pros
You can ear prizes, Cars, Diamonds, trips, money
Cons
You constantly have to work with new people to keep the business growing
A great way to start your own business and have fun at the same time!
INDEPENDENT BEAUTY CONSULTANT (Current Employee) –  AnywhereJanuary 3, 2019
At Mary Kay we focus on how to help other women and also how to support our own business.We help other women by giving them a chance to find the right skin care regimen for their specific skin tone, help them to find the right colors to match their features, and also help them to feel more confident in their natural beauty. And we also help by donating millions of dollars to charity that support women and children, and also that help to fight cancers. On the business side, we are constantly make new friends, expanding our skills on how to talk to other people, and always learning how to have your own business and take care of it.
Very Productive, No room for errors or mistakes etc.
Assembler and Packer (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJanuary 2, 2019
Contract Management with Staff Mark Agency.
Typical day fast pace production floor environment with no room for errors. Staff Mark versus Mary Kay employees were competitive with strict guidelines. The most important part of the job was completing the job and to exceed the quantity to be produced in a given shift. With success and limited amount of errors.
Pros
Contract employee
Cons
Contract employee
No governance; no best practices
Technical Writer (Current Employee) –  Addison, TXDecember 26, 2018
Very unique culture with outdated philosophies. Employees are friendly enough, but contractors are treated like second-class citizens. While there is dedicated IT security in place, there is no governance to guide it. The lack of governance impacts the rest of the corporate culture negatively.
Pros
Excellent compensation
Cons
Antiquated culture not conducive to modern best practices.
Great benefits, poor management
General (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJanuary 12, 2019
I have been at Mary Kay for a very short time. People are friendly and the benefits are great, but upper management is terrible. You can go to HR and complain about how your boss is a bully but are basically told they cannot do anything, because this person has been here too long.
Pros
Great benefits, great work life balance, friendly people
Cons
Terrible upper management
Best place to work ever
Executive Sales Director—independent (Current Employee) –  VariesNovember 10, 2018
Excellent company. Very friendly people and amazing training. I learned a lot about myself and what I can do. I feel better equipped to do the dream job I have of working at a resort and building business for resorts in the Caribbean., specifically the Mexican part. I love it there and know my MARY KAY training has prepared me with poise and excellence to do what I ultimately want in the dream positions I want there.
Pros
Advancement, be your own boss, compensation is phenomenal
Cons
I want to be in Mexico
Being a Beauty Consultant
Independent Beauty Consultant (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, MTNovember 3, 2018
Commissioned based company. the harder you work, the more income you make. You set your own hours. There is no glass ceiling. It is a great sisterhood business, you are in business for yourself but not by yourself. The training features and motivation are always available. It is a wonderful way to meet people and make friends and make money at the same time. Your income depends on how much product you sell.
Pros
meeting people and making money
Cons
trying to find new women to try the product on and cold calling
Excellent Experience
Independent Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Coral Springs, FLFebruary 1, 2019
Mary Kay is a company that will take you as far as you are willing to go. If you do the work, you will be rewarded in kind. The key is to always think ahead, find what works for you and the aggressively go after the goals you set for yourself. Also, don’t allow rejection to discourage you.
Pros
Commission, discounted products
Cons
Earnings vary
Mary Kay, Inc. is an excellent company to work for!
Independent Beauty Consultant (Current Employee) –  728 Jack Rd., Clayton, NCJanuary 9, 2019
Mary Kay, Inc. allows consultants and directors to set their own work hours so they're available for their family. Their priorities are God first, family second and career third and they believe in living and working by the Golden Rule, which is treat others the way we want to be treated.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
N/a
Great company to be a part of!
Independent Beauty Consultant (Current Employee) –  Oceanside, CAJanuary 20, 2019
A typical day as a Independent Beauty Consultant would be making calls to clients , shipping out orders. Also learning about new products, scheduling appointments and making gift baskets, keeping and inventory of products in stock . What I love most about the company is it's beliefs and that I get to help other women.
Productive, character building, supports advancement, and exciting!
Advance Color Beauty Consultant (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXNovember 6, 2018
A typical day working as an Advanced Color & Beauty Consultant for Mary Kay is joyfully meeting new customers, offering samples of products, scheduling skincare and color classes, providing consultations privately or in small classes, ordering products, managing inventory.
Pros
earn 50% of total sales
Cons
No sales equal no earnings
Flexible work environment with their employees in mind.
Independent Beauty Consultant (Current Employee) –  East Lansing, MIOctober 25, 2018
Mary Kay allows you to work on your own time, and provides a flexible schedule for everyone! As a full time college student working two jobs, Mary Kay is extremely beneficial to my schedule, and gives me the flexibility I need. It has also prepared me for future internships, providing myself with individual book-keeping experience, as well as extensive excel and customer service experience.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
No salary
My Experience
Independent Sales Consultant, Director (Current Employee) –  Columbus, MSOctober 26, 2018
Must be able to make customer sales calls,
product deliveries, preform class demonstrations, train new consultants if you have reached team leader status, conducting sales meetings at directorship status.
It is a home-based business opportunity. So it is by choice. The company offers sponsored events that at times may have additional costs.
Pros
product discount, advancement
Cons
partnering with the right leader
Productive & fun workplace, priceless experience
Ind Sales Director (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXDecember 29, 2018
Best work experience ever, will use every aspect of my growth from my exposure with this company for the rest of my life. The family & community I've gained remains unmatched. They are truly God first, Family second & Career third examples of success.
Pros
Learn at your own pace how to build a successful business
Fun work but limited growth opportunities
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Addison, TXOctober 19, 2018
Great place to work if you are passionate about the beauty industry.

The good:
Fun work, great benefits, passionate co-workers, robust training and development opportunities, volunteer opportunities, flexible work schedule depending on who you report to

The bad:
Groups are stifled by ever-changing processes and the need for every person in the room to agree - no clear decision maker; subjective thinking; heavy meeting schedule with no time to prepare for the next meeting or to think clearly and be creative on projects; leadership alignment is lacking, leading to competing objectives between teams; no clear career path; limited growth due to long tenure and complacency throughout organization
Goal oriented company with ability to growth at your pace
Independent Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  Hoover, ALOctober 16, 2018
Over the past 13 years, I have learned how to set long term and short term goals. I've also learned how to build and maintain customer relationships. As well as managing and establishing team building relationships. The most enjoyable part has been sharing knowledge that teaches team members how to accomplish their person growth goals and be promoted from within company. A typical day includes scheduling of consultations with 1 or more clients introducing them to the services and products our company provides, as well as personal marketing and weekly Business meeting preparation.
Pros
flexible, not caps of promotions or sales goals
Cons
commissions only
Mary Kay is a company that believes in equipping their consultants.
Professional Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXNovember 6, 2018
Great opportunity for those who like to work or need flexible hours.
The training is great and comprehensive.
The environment and company is encouraging and inspiring.
It is a joy for work for a company that gives so much!
Pros
earn 50 %
Cons
If you want to get under another leader, you have to wait a full yr to switch.