Mary Kay Inc Employee Reviews

Found 1,607 reviews matching the search See all 2,300 reviews
Beauty consultant
Beauty Consultant (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VirginiaSeptember 17, 2018
Self employed. Create your own customer base. Host parties and skin care classes. Recruit other consultants. Build a team. Learn the products, use the products, sell the products.
Pros
Set your schedule.
Cons
You must place a minimum order of $250 (last time I ordered) every 90 days? to remain active.
Great company to work for oneself
Independent Beauty Consultant (Current Employee) –  Neptune City, NJSeptember 13, 2018
Flexible, incentives, recognition really having a great future to look forward to. Meeting people and travel and again go at your own place and being your own boss.
Pros
no territories and no quotas
Cons
Having to learn balence and disipline
loved it
Independent Marketing Consultant (Current Employee) –  Manhattan, KSSeptember 10, 2018
- management
- networking
- marketing an amazing company to work for I would recommend for anyone! you are able to meet so many impact full people while working here
Positive work culture, set your own schedule, freedom and flexability.
SENIOR SALES DIRECTOR (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLSeptember 9, 2018
I believe every woman can. Period. Can fulfill her destiny. Can have influence and change peoples lives. Can grow in wisdom and professional skills. Can succeed!
Pros
Freedom and flexibility
Cons
Recruits quit
Excellent Company for Enriching the Lives of Women
Senior Sales Director (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCSeptember 9, 2018
One of the best companies I have ever worked for. I enjoy my flexible hours. The company motto is Faith First, Family Second, and Career Third. I am allowed to make my own hours and use the talents and passion I already have.
Great concept, poor quality of product
Beauty Consultant (Former Employee) –  Gardnerville, NV and Tucson, AZSeptember 6, 2018
My one year at Mary Kay helped me to realize how much ingredients can make or break a person's skin care success. I did well with sales but I didn't feel good about what I was selling. I couldn't continue beyond a year because I have an affinity for medicine and ingredients. I knew I needed to go to aesthetics school to be able to sell and create products that I knew would provide results. In my business, we're a results driven practice. At Mary Kay, that's not the case. Without a license, a person can't sell pharmaceutical or medical grade products. By law, anything over the counter cannot affect the structure of the skin. In order to get true results, I had to get away from products laden with mineral oil and other fillers that I knew to be comedogenic and unhelpful to anti-aging. It was a good introduction into the world of cosmetics. I started my long road to the study of ingredients. The market becomes very saturated with pyramid type organizations. It makes the success of an individual difficult while raising a family. I found this to be a challenge. I was able to create my work hours, however, the market saturation and needs of four children don't exactly make the cut for long term success. When clients aren't happy long term with the results, their heads are easily turned by another skin organization.
Pros
Kind women
Cons
Market saturation
A Wonderful Company
Bookkeeper (Current Employee) –  Saugerties, NYSeptember 4, 2018
The ability to manage yourself and work at your own pace is amazing. I've seen women make hundreds of thousands of dollars a year in this business and their mission to empower women around the world is inspiring
Pros
Self management
Cons
Paperwork
Perfect
Mary Kay Independent Beauty Consultant (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLSeptember 1, 2018
Mucha alegria , trabajadores llenos de buenas vibras, supervisores magnificos
I was an independent sales consultant and Director
Pink Cadillac Senior Sales Director (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAAugust 29, 2018
Sold Cosmetics, Recruited new Sales Consultants to build my team as a sales director.. Held weekly sales meetings and keep a current inventory or products.. Attended company sales meetings in Dallas, TX. yearly.. To keep abreast of new product launches and sales training..
Pros
Independence
Cons
Income was also determined by other sales reps sales as a Director
Excellent Company
Independent Beauty Consultant (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCAugust 28, 2018
This is an excellent company, that has been around for generations. If you love sales and are interested in makeup and facial care products, then this is the position for you.
Pros
Flexible work schedule
Cons
Commission only
Independent Beauty Consultant (Current Employee) –  Rosenberg, TXAugust 28, 2018
Very productive as a parttime job. It allowed me to work at my own pace as a sales consultant. I enjoyed sharing products with clients. It also allowed me the opportunity to use all of my counseling skills with clients. Its wonderful to see how one product can change a person's perspective in terms of personal growth. Mary Kay allowed me to visit clients at my home or at their location. I really enjoyed working with Mary Kay, but at this time, I would like to venture out a little bit more and be able to use my personal customer service skills.
Pros
being my own boss on my own time
Cons
wanting to return back into work place.
Mary kay Consultant
Mary Kay Independent Beauty Consultant (Former Employee) –  Buford, GAAugust 25, 2018
It was a really stressful schedule to work with. They should fix the tight schedule. Really hard to get days off even if your sick. Tough manager that did not comprehend
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
short breaks, tight schedule
I like Mary Kay, Inc because of the excellence in the products in both skin care and cosmetics versus the prices for similar.
Independent Beauty Consultant (Former Employee) –  Work location is based at home office.August 22, 2018
Working Mary Kay Inc., I find it to be a bonus for several reasons. You sell the products while you also can use them yourself. I cannot sell something I don't believe is of excellence. The hours are up to the individual as an Independent Beauty Consultant. However, you have to begin by asking family and friends to sponsor you in having the initial skincare classes. In some areas, it is easy to set up more skincare cosmetic shows. But in other areas, people do not have the interest or the time to do so. Therefore, it is not 100 % achievable to be able to make a steady amount of money although I do love the products themselves.
Mary Kay Inc. could help their Independent Beauty Consultants make more money by helping in giving them more in travel expenses for their annual convention, and in giving them brochures and paper products too.
There is a lot of competition, as other larger stores sell cosmetics similar for a lot less money. And on the other end of the spectrum? The high-end department stores sell cosmetics and skincare products at enormous prices!
I've found that it is more like a "side job", than a regular career for more advancement.
In discovering this, I must move forward to a career I'm applying for in order to gain a lucrative future.
Pros
Freedom to set your own schedule.
Cons
People chose whether or not they will buy, no matter how well they truly like the products.
Very flexible work environment
Senior Consultant (Current Employee) –  PennsylvaniaAugust 22, 2018
Great job for stay at home Moms. The hours are very flexible and you create your own destiny. Mentorship is what the company is based on. Career advancement is available depending on your commitment to your service level.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
no benefits as far as health care
Great company with excellent training and leadership
Independent Beauty Consultant (Current Employee) –  Walhalla, SC 29691August 20, 2018
Mary Kay taught me so much about giving exceptional customer service, organization, as well as positive thinking and action. It is a wonderful company to work for and encourages you to put your family first, while meeting your work dreams.
Amazing!
Independent Beauty Consultant (Current Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INAugust 20, 2018
I love working for Mary Kay. This is best company to work for. This christian based company helps you along every step of the way! Simply amazing group of women!
I love what I do
Independent Beauty Consultant (Current Employee) –  Clarksville, TNAugust 20, 2018
I get up and make my 6 most important list for my business. I call all my customers that day to see if they need to order anything. I then go out and warm chatter for new customers as well as full fill orders that come through my website.
Fantastic business that supports me as independent contractor.
Consultant, Independent Contractor (Current Employee) –  Bentonville, ARAugust 20, 2018
I loved working for Mary Kay as an independent contractor. I got everything I needed every time I reached out for help! It was a great promoter of me mentally, physically and spiritually. My confidence soared by working my own business.
Pros
self employed, personal growth, income is my choice
Cons
Only what I hold myself back with
As an Independent Consultant I was able to set my own hours and get weekly support and education.
Independent Mary Kay Beauty Consultant (Former Employee) –  Fort Collins, COAugust 19, 2018
Mary Kay gives its independent consultants the flexibility to make their own work schedule. They provide support to the Directors who in turn support the consultants. The company also provides two opportunities for directors and consultants across the States and then the world to get together for award recognition and education.It is a very positive, respectful environment. Mary Kay also supports women's charities such as aide in domestic violence and cancer research. I loved it. The hardest part of the job was finding customers for my skin care and makeup services and product.
Pros
free breakfasts and or lunches at Seminar and regional meetings.
A typical day is whatever you want it to be, that is the best part of it! You can choose to be whatever you want, climbing the ladder to the top!
Beauty Consultant, Personal Make-up Sales (Former Employee) –  Winchendon, MAAugust 18, 2018
Mary Kay gives you any and all opportunities that you can imagine - it is entirely up to you to make it what you want. You can work from home if you have young children, making your life a lot easier.

There isn't any hard part to the job, it is a career! It is an awesome opportunity you like sales.
Pros
all pros - you are your own boss
Cons
There are none