Mary Kay Inc Employee Reviews

51.4K
Found 1,573 reviews matching the search See all 2,241 reviews
Great products, adequate support
Independent Beauty Consultant (Current Employee) –  South DakotaJuly 11, 2018
While I love the Mary Kay products, I did not like the "independent contractor" feel. I am a motivated person, but I would much rather work for a company where work is assigned, tasks are known. Motivational material and meetings were good. Attending conferences and seminars were at your own expense.
Pros
Great products
Cons
Flooded market
Most Awesome Company
Independent Beauty Consultant (Current Employee) –  West Springfield, MAJuly 10, 2018
Building relationships with clients. Phone calls to book appointments, coach teammates,sales and team building. Weekly mentor calls and training on line.
I am learning amazing time management skills,self confidence, people skills, leadership and management.
Helping my team members to grow in their business. Helping other woman feel beautiful and offer them an amazing opportunity.
Working with Mary Kay Inc.
Independent Beauty Consultant (Current Employee) –  Grand Prairie, TXJuly 9, 2018
I only work part time but it great. I can work my business full time but I choose to work it part time and work another full time job for my medical benefits. I enjoy working with people helping them with their cosmetics (Skin Care needs).
Pros
Talking and interacting with individuals
Cons
Building teams and keeping them.
Consultant Assistant (Former Employee) –  North Ogden, UTJuly 8, 2018
Great place to work at. No complaints. A rewarding place with many benefits. Very productive and you get the chance to move up in the company. It is a good job.
The company is designed to be supportive in assisting consultants in becoming successful in reaching their goals.
Independent Beauty Consultant (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNJuly 8, 2018
The work environment is supportive and goal focused to motivate consultants to be consistent in following thru with their daily plans. it was enjoyable having opportunity to meet people.
Productive Place to Work and Grow
Mary Kay Independent Beauty Consultant (Current Employee) –  HomebaseJuly 7, 2018
This company is the best out there. There is nothing discriminating about Mary Kay Inc. Meeting and mentoring others is the best part of my position, self advancement, self promoting, and being my own boss is hte best part of my job. I wouldn't trade it for anything else.
Pros
Prizes, Bonuses, and helping others to believe in themselves.
Cons
There aren't any that I can think of.
Mary Kay is What You Make It
Beauty Consultant (Current Employee) –  At homeJuly 3, 2018
No one will hold your hand but everyone will support you. You do what you want and when you want to do it. You can support your entire family or pay off a bill or fall in the hole. It is completely up to you.
Independent Sales Representative
Independent Beauty Consultant (Former Employee) –  Elk Grove Village, ILJuly 2, 2018
I enjoyed selling for Mary Kay. We had weekly meetings which I attended and learned the product. My Manager was always available and helpful to answer any questions.
The company leadership was great
Independent Consultant (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 30, 2018
As an independent consultant, I worked when I wanted to according to my weekly goal. Training was on-going and the work culture was great because of working around other that had goals also.
Flexible
Sales Representative, Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNJune 29, 2018
Its a commission job selling cosmetics. I did enjoy working with the company. The consultant is very nice. All of the people who work for her are pleasant.
Pros
Sale products and advertise them and test them out
Cons
Being able to find people to buy
Helping women look and feel their best.
Beauty Consultant (Current Employee) –  Akron, OHJune 27, 2018
being a beauty consultant is something that I never ever couldn't see myself doing. But now that I became apart of the company I've realized that it's so much more than Cosmetics. I have the opportunity to impact women on different levels, and find out where their heart truly is. And use the gifts that I've been given to help benefit them and their lives
Pros
Flexibility, amazing money
Cons
You've gotta HUSTLE to keep earning
Top-Notch Choice for Direct Sales
Independent Beauty Consultant (Former Employee) –  Savannah, GAJune 26, 2018
Mary Kay Cosmetics offers the best opportunity for those interested in Direct Sales. An Independent Beauty Consultant is offered the best of both worlds as an independent business owner, but with incredible business support and education from the company. While a Beauty Consultant, I learned to run all aspects of a home-based business, incorporate public speaking and education, developed customer service skills and build a foundation of repeat customers. Sales Directors are required to train consultants and are offered advancements and pay increases based on their contribution to a consultant's development. The Mary Kay philosophy of the Golden Rule "Do Unto Others as You Would Have Done Unto You" has served the company well in creating an atmosphere contributing to kindness and teamwork to encourage individuals to grow in a supportive environment. In my opinion, the most difficult part of being a Mary Kay Beauty Consultant is running a business on self-management and self-discipline. The most rewarding thing about being an Independent Beauty Consultant with Mary Kay Cosmetics is achieving personal growth, while earning an income.
Pros
Be your own boss, make your own hours, set your own pace, positive atmosphere, full training, full website and marketing assistance, no ceiling limit to earning potential
Cons
requires time management skills, some travel involved, money-management intensive, tax preparedness required
Great place to start your own business!
Mary Kay Independent Beauty Consultant (Current Employee) –  Poca, WVJune 26, 2018
I love my Mary Kay business! I would do it again in a heartbeat and not change a thing about it or the way it is ran. Potentially more customers at first, but that is all!
Pros
Lots of free time for family, work your own hours.
Cons
Have to be very self driven.
You get what you put into it
Independent Consultant (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJune 26, 2018
This is a job where you get exactly what you put into it. My team are very supportive and provide great training. Anyone who is a self starter and wants to start his/her own business, this is a good avenue.
Make it what you want
Independent Beauty Consultant (Former Employee) –  Greater New York/ Northern NJJune 25, 2018
Like many MLMs, Mary Kay offers advancement at your own pace, unlimited income and growth potential and a variety of supports. As an independent business owner, you get to decide what goals you will work toward and set the timelines for reaching them. I became a car driver and Sales Director at the time of my choosing, and had the flexibility to step down when my family needed to be my priority. The most difficult part of this business is that fact that what your team achieves directly reflects your compensation.
Pros
Unlimited potential gorwth and income
Cons
If team breaks down so dos yor check
Fabulous family & success oriented company
Independent Beauty Consultant (Current Employee) –  Laurel, MDJune 25, 2018
One of the most amazing companies I have ever been associated with. High integrity that run company wide, and overflows to its customerS and community
Pros
Amazing benefits
Amazing company
Senior sales director (Former Employee) –  Jamaica, NYJune 25, 2018
Great business with excellent opportunities .Learnt a lot of marketing experience, self esteem, loyalty ,responsibilities, team work, and serving the public.
Fun
Independent Beauty Consultant (Former Employee) –  Gaffney, SCJune 25, 2018
Love the product loving people and environment anything you need help with they will help you love helping people look beautiful and becoming interpreter
Pros
Make your own schedule
Cons
Get travel
Great company that allows you to work at own pace
Independent Beauty Consultant (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJune 24, 2018
Mary Kay Cosmetics believes in God first, Farmily second, Career third. The company opens the door for entrepeneurship and enriches the lives of women. The company offers:

-flexible hours/ you schedule your day
-recognition and prizes
-tax reduction
-discounted products
-earn free car
-team building opportunity
Home business
Independent Beauty Consultant (Current Employee) –  Detroit, MIJune 24, 2018
great home business to teach you all about business planning. I learn a lot of marketing experience from the start of this company. I will say the expectations of becoming rich is not true but you learn the basics of starting a home business