Mary Washington Healthcare Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Awesome place to work for
Tech analyst 1 (Current Employee) –  Fredericksburg, VAAugust 16, 2018
Everyone is very nice! Management is awesome! Get to work on a lot of projects. They are always open for suggestions. Management is easy to talk to always open door policy!
Tyrannical Management
Mammography Technologist (Former Employee) –  Fredericksburg, VAAugust 2, 2018
It will only be a matter of time before the management team will incrementally tear you down. Management makes this a hostile work environment. Using the term "tryannical" is not an exaggeration. It's honestly similar to going to boot camp. The difference is that in boot camp you are torn down to be built back up as part of a highly functioning team. Here, you are torn down. Period. There is no rebuilding within a team. In my 20 some odd years of healthcare, it is easily the worst place I've ever worked.
Pros
Nice Co-workers who also feel like they are beating their heads against a wall.
Cons
Tyrannical Management
Productive, stressful, but good place if you have supportive co-workers
Clinical Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Fredericksburg, VAJuly 17, 2018
Productive, stressful, but good place if you have supportive co-workers, sometimes lacking in training and staff development, but staff are dedicated to patient care.
It is a good place to work.
First Surgical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Fredericksburg, VAJuly 14, 2018
It is a good place to work to add more experience with a good social relations with the team but it is like all other places when you feel you can not add more it is better to move to allow your self to be more productive and helping the patients more with adding new experience in another environment .
Cons
Short break, healthcare, retirements etc.
Great Learning experience
Credentialed Trainer (Former Employee) –  Fredericksburg, VAJune 14, 2018
I enjoyed the end user were amazing. It was an awesome experience as a trainer.The were the best part of my experience.They worked hard and made all the extra hours worth it.
Great place to work but changes need to happen to make it better.
Nurse (Current Employee) –  Fredericksburg, VAJune 13, 2018
Changes need to happen to make it the best place to work. Things are not the way they used to be and good people are leaving the organization. They need to find out why.Listen to your employees
It keep you busy
Scheduling Rep and Trainer (Current Employee) –  Fredericksburg, VAMay 22, 2018
I would definitely recommend someone to work at the hospital. It's has alot of great opportunities for someone looking to be in the health care. My supervisor and Manager helps the best way that they can.
dishwashing,food
Dishwashing Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Fredericksburg, VAMay 10, 2018
get job making food prepararatient equipment ,,cleaned dishes kitchen plase.partss vending machine concession all over fredericksburg city.good job to have
Sucks
Ultrasound Technologist (Former Employee) –  Fredericksburg, VAMay 10, 2018
I will never go to Mary Washington Hospital for any of my healthcare needs. Poor patient care and communication. i will never take my family there after seeing how this company takes advantage of sick people. They don't care about the patient at all only about doing just enough to be able to say they followed protocol. They allow techs to continue working there after doing the wrong exams on patients or diagosing them incorrectly.
Pros
Cons
no breaks, its a who you know kind of place
Not What is Offered!
HUC - Health Unit Cordinator (Current Employee) –  Fredericksburg, VAApril 23, 2018
I learned very quickly that I like what I do, however there is a lot of stress that comes with this job, no big news there! Learning and understanding what you are doing is something you better get very quickly! Just because one person does something and the handbook and signs posted all over say your not allowed to do it and you report it to the management team, it does not matter, unfair and unequal treatment go on all the time. When a patient calls the desk for help and you call the nurse or a tech to go and help it shouldn't take 15 - 30 mins to get some help for that patient. That is just wrong. So what I have learned about management is there isn't any. The hardest part about the job "Very Fast Paced" & "Not Enough Help!" There is a good side... there are "some" nurses that are there to help you in any way they can. This goes for the doctors as well. So if you are thinking of joining MWH team put on your armor and smile you will need both.
Pros
Some of the people
Cons
Long Days, Hours being cut, Stress, Peoples Attitudes
Relaxed and fast paced environment
Customer service rep. and lead (40hrs/week) (Former Employee) –  Fredericksburg, VAApril 17, 2018
Company was very beneficial with healthcare benefits, life insurance and school tuition. Would recommend this job to a friend looking for a part time job for the great benefits they have.
quick paced
Registered Resp. therapist (Former Employee) –  Fredericksburg, VAApril 2, 2018
I loved working at Mary Washington. Great pay, but have to learn to be extremely efficient. Easy to make friends at work because everyone is that same grind trying to care for patients.
Pros
Great pay
Cons
Lack of Opportunities to Advance
Internal Advancement
Coding Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Fredericksburg, VAMarch 23, 2018
Mary Washington offer the opportunity of internal advancement in my department. The salary at MWH is very competitive with other facilities. MWH is also a prestigious hospital that offers new procedures to it's patients
good place
Certified Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Fredericksburg, VAMarch 14, 2018
Good Office. The doctors are very competent, the staff people are helpful and knowledgeable, and the insurance people are second to none..........!!!!
Great work environment
Associate Clinician (Former Employee) –  fredericksburg, vaMarch 12, 2018
Loved working here! Great management. Salary is great. Healthcare benefits are not where they should be for a healthcare organization. However, still enjoyed my experience here.
Wound Clinic
Billing Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Fredericksburg, VAMarch 11, 2018
Very busy clinic but great place to work. Excellent co-workers and always on going support. Learned a lot about outpatient services and more knowledgeable with billing practices.
Awesome place to work
Education Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Fredericksburg, VAMarch 11, 2018
I loved my job and left because of my boss. I enjoyed the housekeepers, liked and respected the supervisors. The hospital benefits were great. Good work/life balance. Supportive environment. And no smoking on the property. NICE.
Pros
Benefits, employees, loved going to work
Cons
My boss, director of Environmental Services - Sodexho employee.
good for those who like to clean
EVS tech (Current Employee) –  Fredericksburg, VAFebruary 23, 2018
a typical day at Mary Washington is lots of babies being born. Lots of C- Sections, Labor rooms being used and Triage/recovering rooms. the hospital gets packed fast all over the hospital.
was great
Student Nurse/Externship (Former Employee) –  Fredericksburg, VAFebruary 19, 2018
Was a great experience and would recommend it to anyone looking to get there feet on the ground and see what it takes to do the nursing job. Was only 8 weeks long.
New nurse
Public Health Nurse/ Emergency Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Fredericksburg, VAFebruary 18, 2018
As a new nurse, it was a great place to work. Great staff, lots of resources. The hardest part of my work was my working hours. I worked 3pm to 3am. I enjoyed working with the staff.
Pros
Lots of staff support
Cons
non

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Mary Washington Healthcare. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.5InHerSight Score

2.4Personal Development

3.2Career Opportunities

2.2Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight