Mary Washington Healthcare Employee Reviews

Trauma is their specialty
Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  Fredericksburg, VAFebruary 17, 2019
I found this is an excellent trauma center. The skillset of the personnel is excellent. They can accommodate all traumas and prep for transport special injuries such as burns and spinal cord.
Pros
You will learn a lot.
Cons
Very busy
Horrible place
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant\ (Former Employee) –  Fredericksburg, VAJanuary 30, 2019
I had every intention on furthering my career as a nurse , but working in the short time I was there . They completely tore me down and made me feel like I was not valuable , they were not understanding , and any problems that were brought forward got brushed aside . They took other employees side that were there longer and the issues never got resolved properly . HORRIBLE PLACE TO WORK . If you have doubts about working as a nurse , work here . It’ll help with that decision.
Pros
Only 3 days a week .
Cons
Pay;management;no staff;ADULT bullies
Tyrannical Management
Mammography Technologist (Former Employee) –  Fredericksburg, VAJanuary 21, 2019
It will only be a matter of time before the management team will incrementally tear you down. Management makes this a hostile work environment. Using the term "tryannical" is not an exaggeration. It's honestly similar to going to boot camp. The difference is that in boot camp you are torn down to be built back up as part of a highly functioning team. Here, you are torn down. Period. There is no rebuilding within a team. In my 20 some odd years of healthcare, it is easily the worst place I've ever worked.
Pros
Nice Co-workers who also feel like they are beating their heads against a wall.
Cons
Tyrannical Management
Hospital
Surgical Tech Student (Former Employee) –  Fredericksburg, VADecember 24, 2018
As every hospital it has its ups and downs. The people were great and always willing to help out but the environment was not always the most uplifting.
hard to work there
Contract Administrator (Former Employee) –  Fredericksburg, VADecember 10, 2018
The work load was overwhelming and impossible to keep up. There was a constant phone calls and I did not receive help from my manager the only thing that he did was point out my mistates.
Pros
good salary
Cons
too much work
Fair place to work.
Band Aid Applier (Current Employee) –  Fredericksburg, VADecember 2, 2018
Fair place to work. People are great. Equipment, policies, and strategy is outdated. This healthcare system will have problems meeting the demands on an ever evolving healthcare arena.
Sad but true
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  MWHNovember 28, 2018
MWH should be an amazing place to work. They have an incredibly talented staff who are dedicated, hard working, and selfless. Upper management does not consider the “voice” of the staff EVER. Staffing is a constant problem so patient care as well as a team environment suffers tremendously. I loved working there when I was hired. But after 3 years I was completely burnt out and got out of nursing, something I had never considered. It’s a shame and I feel bad for all the hard working people there that get no recognition.
Pros
Wonderful teammates
Cons
Management, salary, staffing
Very positve wxperience
Staff CRNA (Former Employee) –  Fredericksburg, VANovember 27, 2018
Worked here as locums tenens. Very accepted by docs and CRNAs. Integrated easily into staff and clinical cases. Good experience at Level 3 facility.
Pros
Very accepted by docs and CRNAs
Cons
Limited time because of locums status
Great hospital to work for
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Fredericksburg, VANovember 26, 2018
My coworkers that i have now are a great bunch to work with and the managers that i am under are very good. Everyone pitches in to help each other and its great to be part of such a wonderful team on my unit
Pros
teamwork
Cons
lack of staff
Very exciting work place and eviornment
Phlebotomist/Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  Stafford, VANovember 14, 2018
I found this organization to be very professional, who thrived on excellent customer service, quality work and extremely dedicated to adhering to the mission statement desired.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
understaffed
management
CT Technologist (Current Employee) –  Fredericksburg, VANovember 13, 2018
I am one of the hardest workers . Some how I get targeted for mistakes. I scan 3 times the amount of patients as coworkers that seem to disappear or take 50 minutes for lunch instead of 30. Take an hour to do one patient when I have scanned 3. So yes we all make mistakes. I have not jeopardized anyones life
Pros
like people there
Cons
Doctors need to evaluate the patient upon seeing them
Certified Nurse Assistant (Former Employee) –  PediatricsNovember 13, 2018
Stafford hospital and mary Washington Hospital are one and the same just different locations When I worked at MWH it was like working with family my old manager was great then I went to Stafford Hospital which is owned by MWHC and my desire to work for the company diminished because of one horrible manager.
Pros
benefits and pay are good
Cons
even is you report management to HR nothing is done.
Great system with bad leadership
Director (Current Employee) –  Fredericksburg, VANovember 9, 2018
There are great people in the organization. Senior Management does not care about the opinions and concerns of the staff. Subject matter experts are being replaced with staff that does not know what they are doing. We are letting an EMR vendor make decisions for what is right for our organization. Corporate keeps getting FTE's but nursing suffers.
Pros
Good people
Cons
Senior management
great place to work
RN (Former Employee) –  Fredericksburg, VANovember 3, 2018
Mary Washington offers a great lifestyle balance with working a fulltime job with work. It is a pleasant place to work with strong foundation in work ethic. Mary Washington offers various resources' for career advancement and school reimbursement available.
travel position
Staff Respiratory Therapist, traveler (Former Employee) –  Fredericksburg, VANovember 1, 2018
Very heavy workload with little help from the staff. Was a travel position. The acuity in the NICU was low. Was also a travel position. The ED was very busy.
Productive and very fun work place
Office Coordinator Floater (Current Employee) –  Fredericksburg, VAOctober 30, 2018
My position is a great job to have but with the cost of living in Virginia I need better pay to provide for my family. I learned a new computer system, along with having a greater trainer that answered any questions I had. The hardest part about my job was learning different offices and their material along with their ways. The job and company are great people to work for.
Work Place
Financial Counselor as appropriate (Current Employee) –  Fredericksburg, VAOctober 24, 2018
Answering Calls, Helping the patients to get their procedure/tests scheduled.
Management is good, they help out when possible.
I most like about the job is to help people get better.
Pros
Great Co workers
Cons
Need More Money
Staff nurse.
STAFF REGISTERED NURSE (Former Employee) –  Fairfax, VAOctober 18, 2018
This is where my career, and family started. Was 6 months pregnant when we moved there, had my son, and went back to work after five weeks off. This was a progress care unit, then I was able to transfer to a cardiac critical care unit.
Pros
Flexible work life balance
Cons
Was not able to stay do to husband relocated
i enjoyed working there
Home Care Aide (Former Employee) –  Flint, MIOctober 7, 2018
i enjoyed working for ms.mary ,being able to get to knowing here was an awesome experience.i enjoyed our conversations,The wisdom she had how strong she was due to her condition.
Pros
working in a family orentied place
Great Benefits
Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Fredericksburg, VAOctober 3, 2018
The healthcare plan is the best pricing in the area. There are good benefits offered for part time employees. Make sure you bring lunch from home, cafeteria is very overpriced and employee discounts are not offered for meals.
Cons
Short staffed

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Mary Washington Healthcare. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.5InHerSight Score

2.4Personal Development

3.2Career Opportunities

2.2Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight