MARYHILL MANOR Employee Reviews

Maryhill Management could have been more professional.
Coder (Former Employee) –  Niagara, WIApril 18, 2019
My duties varied from day to day. I loved my boss directly above me. However, the upper management was not professional. The culture or moral in the work place was low for most employees. Hardest part of my job was management often disagreed on what needed to be done. Most enjoyable part of my job was that I was able to use my education (some what). My boss was wonderful.
Pros
Used my education
Cons
Management back stabbed one another publicly.
Amazing residents and staff
Cook/ Dietary Aide (Former Employee) –  Enderlin, NDNovember 2, 2018
Everyone there is amazing and friendly. The residents are amazing and are just like family. You get to learn so much about the residents and hear all their stories. I enjoyed every minute of my job
Pros
Great people
Cons
Having to end my shift
Part Time Kitchen Help
Food Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Niagara, WISeptember 26, 2018
I worked for 2 years and I worked in the kitchen restocking, dishes and helped out the residence. I would work there after school before I joined the Marine Corps and left for boot camp in 2015.
Maryhill always had helpful friendly staff who cared about the residents
Admissions Coordinator / Marketing (Former Employee) –  Niagara, WISeptember 3, 2018
They not only cared about the residents but the staff, family members of the residents and the community. Was always a fun place to work and was a family like atmosphere.
Residents were always at my door looking for fun or just to talk
Pros
Caring atmosphere
Cons
finding a time to take a break
Fast paced day with some points of relaxation with the residents
Universal Care Giver/Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Niagara, WIJune 20, 2018
A typical day of a housekeeping role is fast paced. It became even faster after fulfilling a role as universal aide. This included transfers and aiding the resident in some personal care needs. This made the job challenging but I was also able attend to the residents needs more and mingle at a more personal level. Overall I felt like the wing I worked on was like family. I was always looking out for the little things I could do to help or brighten their day. I respected their space and tried to keep personal items, decor, and furnature right where they wanted them.
Pros
Meeting and getting to know each resident
Cons
The fast paced job makes makes caring for each individual challenging.
Poor management
Work as a Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Niagara, WIJune 3, 2018
The residents are wonderful as well as many of the employees. Although some management helps it is poorly managed. The morale and teamwork that once existed is no longer there..
Stressful place to work
Registered Nurse (RN) (Former Employee) –  Niagara, WIJanuary 8, 2018
Nursing department was often understaffed requiring mandated overtime. The DON was not consistent with management styles. Residents were well cared for.
Pros
Relationships built with the residents
Cons
understaffing, short breaks
certificate nursing assistant
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Niagara, WIJuly 17, 2017
I helped the resident get ready for the day. I gave them showers and or tubs. We had to do vital and also colomsy bag to be changed. I feed the resident. I would help them wash up and get dress. Make sure they were dry.
rewarding
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Niagara, WIDecember 22, 2016
Some of the nurses had bad attitudes but you always have to take into consideration the fact that they have a lot of pressure and responsibilities. I gained skills in communication, attention to detail, being timely, and being patient. management was not the best i felt that they paid more attention to materialism then the residents themselves. Most of my co workers where very friendly. The hardest part of my job was staying on top of everyone in the dementia unit. the most enjoyable part about my job was learning things from my residents and knowing i did my best to make sure the residents where fed, clean, and put to bed safely. It was a rewarding job and I actually miss it sometimes.
Productive workplace
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Enderlin, NDJune 19, 2015
At Maryhill Manor I got to assist residents with their daily tasks, make sure their room was clean, and helped with activities. Emotionally, it was kind of rough to handle when residents passed away or became ill, but overall it was a gratifying experience and I had a great supervisor.
Pros
Helping others
Cons
Dramatic co-workers
I love the residents and all the activities we do.
Activity Aide (Current Employee) –  Niagara, WISeptember 13, 2014
Management dreams up some really stupid ideas. If they would work in our positions The most enjoyable is seeing the smiles on the residents faces while doing an activity.
lots of hours if wanted and always in need of good help
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  niagara wisconsinAugust 17, 2014
great job for the area. seems to be understaffed, but that seems to be the norm for the area. you will not be short for hours in this field of work. they are always in need of good workers. problem is you will get burnt out fast.
pleasant to work here
CNA (Former Employee) –  Niagara, WINovember 22, 2013
it has been years since i was here. i do remember some of the staff the co worker were team player.
Pros
great team worker
Cons
staff challneged
My experience as an employee
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Niagara, WIJune 4, 2012
I loved working at Maryhill. There were a lot of caring employees, but there were a few bad eggs that should've been fired but weren't. A few of the nurses were rude and very full of themselves. I worked full time nocs and loved it. The only complaint I would have about that shift is that you had no life while you worked it, but that was the risk I took because day shift CNA's were snobby and rude. In my opinion the best employees during 2003-2004 were the noc shifters. They truly cared about the residents where as the other shifts only cared about the money and getting out of work. The most enjoyable and hardest part of my job were the residents. I got really close to quite a few residents. They were like extended family. The reason why it was also the hardest part was because I had a hard time when they passed away. I also had a hard time when other shifts accused us of not doing anything. They would say that we played cards all night long. I have worked all 3 shifts at that place and in my opinion is that nocs had it the hardest. Most residents die at night. In my year and a half being there I performed post mortem care on 33 residents. Also the Alzheimer residents roamed the halls all night and it was hard to take care of them and answer all the call lights when there were only 3 aids working.

Overall it was by far my favorite place to work. If I ever move back to Niagara I will be putting in my application, just not for nights.
Pros
great holiday pay, sick time, and vaction time
Cons
insurance was too expensive