MARYLAND ATHLETIC CLUB Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Daycare Worker
Kids Club Attendant /Youth Programs Attendant (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJuly 2, 2018
Working at the MAC was not an ideal situation. I do not believe the children were adequately taken care of by most staff members and it was poorly managed by the head staff.
Productive and fun workplace
Front Desk Attendant (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJune 5, 2018
My day usually begins with tidying up the lobby and stocking the front desk supplies and merchandise. I've improved my multitasking skills and how to be more forthcoming with my supervisors. Workplace culture is definitely fun and up beat with an obvious love for their jobs.
Not impressed.
Manager on Duty (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDSeptember 20, 2017
Thankless job. Ugly uniforms. Members are the 1% of Baltimore and behave like it. The GM doesn't care about employees or members. She's all about the money. Whenever a problem is brought to her she will tell anyone whatever she thinks they want to hear and never any follow through.
not a good place to work
Member Consultant (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDSeptember 17, 2017
I did not enjoy my time with MAC. Compensation was low, leadership was non-existent and management was inexperience and did not set a good example for their teams with their own work ethics and performance.
Positive and healthy atmosphere
Membership Representative (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJanuary 5, 2016
The owners of the gym were wonderful people, making working for them a pleasure. The work and gym atmosphere were always positive, which I cannot say about every gym. It was motivating to work for a company that has integrity.

I learned that as a sales representative, many people do not respect your time. Despite stressing the importance of appointments, people would unpredictably drop in. This made leaving my desk for more than 15 minutes difficult. People would also be late for appoitnments, therefore stretching the workday an extra hour or so. While I had the flexibility, I would not recommend this position for anyone who has young children. The unpredictability also made it difficult to study for the bar exam.
Pros
positive atmosphere
Cons
unpredictable hours
Fun work place
Member Consultant (Former Employee) –  Timonium, MDNovember 3, 2015
Help with potential members with membership, give tours to the potential members. Management is very relaxed and it is like a family environment.
Pros
Flexible work schedule
fun workplace
Fitness Specialist (Former Employee) –  Timonium, MDDecember 30, 2014
Responsible for providing physical assessments, creating, introducing and monitoring exercise programs, motivating members to adhere to their workouts and to participate in other Club facilities and functions

Pros
free membership
Friendly place to work
Customer Service Trainer (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDNovember 3, 2014
The members make it a better place to work and they show you their appreciation for you providing this service to them
Fun place to work
Intern (Former Employee) –  Timonium, MDJanuary 23, 2014
Just an internship, but the management and co-workers there were all amazing people and very helpful in teaching me the most they could about work in a Gym.
Pros
Interaction with People
n/a
Personal Trainer (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDFebruary 16, 2013
Train clients on a daily basis to assist them in achieving goals.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at MARYLAND ATHLETIC CLUB. Our community is ready to answer.

MARYLAND ATHLETIC CLUB Reviews by Location