Maryland Courts Employee Reviews

Outstanding people! :)
Court Interpreter/Translator (Current Employee) –  All Maryland CourtsFebruary 10, 2019
Outstanding people! I very much enjoy working there. I freelance at the courts and am looking for something more full time and permanent with benefits.
Pros
Freelance work and freedom to accept assignments as needed
Cons
Freelance work.
typical government
Courtroom clerk (Former Employee) –  Cecil County, MDJanuary 17, 2019
the time off is great, and the benefits are great, but the actual work, and the people are hit or miss. There isn't a whole lot of care or concern; typical horror stories you hear about government workers are true. It is a culture of very lazy people, who are there only to collect a small pay check and pension. If you are someone who is efficient and cares about organization and prioritization, this will not be a good fir for you. If you are lazy and want to surf the internet all day, and have very little accountability, then this is the perfect place for you to work.
Pros
time off; pension benefits
Cons
lazy people, very low work ethics
Productive and Efficient Work Environment
Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Annapolis, MDAugust 24, 2018
If you want to be successful, you can. You must work hard, and learn the culture. With the culture, comes learning how to properly service the customer.
Pros
Job security
Management Could Improve
Courtroom Clerk (Current Employee) –  Elkton, MDAugust 22, 2018
Great place to work for; however, management could use additional training. They are afraid someone is out for their job rather than believing someone wants better for the company. Many of the managers intimidate other employees with their position while others micromanage.
Stressful yet Interesting workplace
Juvenile Department Lead Worker (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDMarch 27, 2018
Being apart of the Maryland Judiciary is very interesting and rewarding. The cases that you will be able to witness are very intense and interesting Where I find that the Judiciary lacks is in their management skills in certain departments.
Court work
Deputy Clerk/File Clerk (Former Employee) –  Centreville, MDFebruary 27, 2018
Very small office in small town, no room for advancement. Interesting work but didn't fit in with the local culture. Learned a lot about how the court system works
ok
Judiciary Clerk- Seasonal Temp (Former Employee) –  Ocean City, MDFebruary 20, 2018
The job was a great experience. I enjoyed working with the staff. They were very helpful and good when it came to training. The job was very boring some times.
Great Job, little room for advancement
Judiciary Clerk (Current Employee) –  Leonardtown, MDDecember 29, 2017
Overall, the job is great. You can do your work without being hawked but support is there if needed. My only reason for leaving is there's no room for growth within the office. We are a small office of 10-15 people, most of which have been employed here for 10+ years and don't intend on leaving. The higher-paid, supervisory positions are filled with long-time employees who do not intend on leaving, so there isn't much growth for the new hires.
Pros
Staff Morale, Events, Pay, Benefits, Leave
Cons
Growth
Productive and good co workers.
PARALEGAL (Current Employee) –  Upper Marlboro, MD 20772November 27, 2017
A typical work day is assisting the public with their legal needs.Answering and question they may have about their case or referring them to the free attorney for legal advise.
It's a job
Courtroom Clerk (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDAugust 29, 2017
Although I'm not really happy with my current position that has more to do with management (or the lack thereof). There is little to no room for advancement. The pay is good for the education required (high school). The location where I work is poorly run.
What it's like to work with the Judiciary system
Judiciary Clerk, full-time (Current Employee) –  Upper Marlboro, MDAugust 17, 2017
Maryland Judiciary is a good place to get work exposure. Depending on what department you work in your typical day will be different. The current department I work in is not as busy as criminal. The turnover in juvenile is much slower. Since I been working hear I learned a lot about the law. Example how criminal cases are made, I also learn that all cases start in district court which is the lower court and if you are indicted your case go up to circuit court. The most enjoyable about of my job is being able to help and service the public. One of the hardest part is adjusting to different personalities that you have to work with 40 hours a week.
Decent state job
Office Clerk (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJuly 5, 2017
You will have the opportunity to advance once mastered the job itself. A lot of veteran workers are nice and helpful. Meaningful place to work. Stress free.
Pros
Paid holidays
Cons
Short breaks
Summer Internship
Internship Program (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDMay 30, 2017
This was a great place to work as a first job. The employees and managers were very accepting and patient with me. They offered me a paid internship that opened the doors to the working world for me.
Women are not treated with respect. You are kept on a certain level no matter what skills and education you posess.
Training Specialist (Former Employee) –  Annapolis, MDApril 17, 2017
This is an environment which allowed women to be harassed. When I complained, I was demoted. When I went to court the person admitted to the harassment. I asked for a jury trial and the judge dismissed the jury and decided that I did not have enough proof.
Close location to home.
2013B Administrative Assistant IVBState (Former Employee) –  Annapolis, MDMarch 13, 2017
My typical day is very with Purchasing duties also with assisting employees with newly software Peoplesoft. I've a lot from this position but ready for change to new challenge. There are really no hard parts to this job, very self explanatory. I enjoy being close to my home.
Pros
Benifits
Cons
Not enough time
Busy environment
Judiciary Clerk (Former Employee) –  Upper Marlboro, MDDecember 3, 2016
This was a place for learning new skills and being able to step into a different job culture. I was able to gain new skills to help in future job opportunities and as well as outside life. I learned different procedures involving court cases and was able to bring my personality and previous skills to the table. I enjoyed being around my co-workers, as they made the day go by faster and made the job more enjoyable.
Good and stable place to work
Procurement Specialist (Current Employee) –  Annapolis, MDNovember 1, 2016
Good place to work, no opportunities for advancement. Co workers are nice and easy to get along with. I have learned about the court state system.
Benefits
Productive and welcoming
Civil clerk (Current Employee) –  Rockville, MDAugust 10, 2016
The staff members are great. Great place to work at for job stability. The benefits are wonderful and the hours are pretty convenient. You can acquire much knowledge by working at the courthouse.
Pros
great benefits
Good
Special Police Officer (Former Employee) –  Annapolis, MDJuly 20, 2016
Good place to work. Supervisors and manager are ok. Good communication between staff and management.
Not family friendly
Commissioner (Current Employee) –  MarylandJune 21, 2016
Rotating shifts of 40 hours a week, plus mandatory overtime with a 45 minute response time. Not a family friendly job. Very difficult to schedule appointments. Feels like you are constantly at work. They make drastic schedule changes with no notice or even wanting an opinion on how the change might affect a person or their family.
Cons
rotating shifts, covering double counties, mandatory on-call