Maryland Family Resource

Working at Maryland Family Resource: 15 Reviews

United States15 reviews

Promising employement

The clinic provides professional development and free ceu. You can make as much money as you want as long as you are willing to work for it. Open door policy with contract and fulll time staff.

Pros

Great environment supportive

Cons

Benefits are good not great.

Flexible schedule and open door policy

Lots of opportunities for growth in the mental health field, especially if you have interest in play therapy programs, trauma programs, etc. Plenty of training and supervision available. Sometimes paperwork can be a lot but that comes with the territory. Flexibility was great and supervisors don't micromanage.

Pros

Flexibility, staff easy to talk to

Cons

Paperwork

Maryland Family Resource insights

What people like
  • Time and location flexibility
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Overall satisfaction
Areas for improvement
  • Fair pay for job
  • General feeling of work happiness
  • Inclusive work environment

staff are overworked and underpaid

staff are treated like they are disposable, contractors & employees - managers, admin, everyone. efforts to make staff feel appreciated are minimal and superficial. prepare for a fight if you ever ask for a raise.

Better places than this one

They don’t pay that well for the amount of paperwork that is given. Paperwork pops up left and right here and they are strict about due dates. There is often confusion and unclear directives. Trainings are usually at inconvenient times. Typical contractor positions with no benefits are usually what’s available but employee positions sometimes open up. But there are better places out there to work at.

Pros

Virtual work

Cons

No competitive pay, no benefits, strict on paperwork

Productive and great support

Learned a lot during my time here. I enjoyed the relationships I made with my colleagues and the flexibility. Always able to get the support from my supervisor.

Good for short term

Get in and get out great training but management is horrible. There are no raises, no advancement the Clinical Director is never there and she does t know what she is doing

What I learned

How to be a team player. How to meet the needs of individuals in the community. How to listen, respond and resolve crisis situations. How to think ahead and be prepared.

Fun Group of people to work with

Maryland Family Resources is an awesome organization to work for. Leadership is extreamly supportive and always lending a helping hand where need. Training is given to staff at discounted rate to assist in obtaining CEUs.

Pros

Leadership is very supportive

Cons

Limited space

Excellent place for professional development

While working here, I gained lots of training and hands-on experience. Everyone is very supportive of each other. It is very family oriented and continues to grow in success with the consumers.

I enjoyed working with my co-workers because they were always kind and great to work with. Sometimes there was a lack of communication with the supervisors. I would have like to be a full-time employer instead of a contractor.

Pros

It is a very friendly enviroment

Cons

Sometimes there was a lack of communication with supervisors

Good place to work and grow

MFR is a very professional work environment. Many of the staff and contractors have been here long-term (3+ years) which is a tribute to the environment and stability. Staff and contractors genuinely care about the consumers and there is collegiality and an "open-door policy" for support. There are also a number of learning and training opportunities including trauma trainings and supervisors of various disciplines. Work-life balance is definitely manageable, especially compared with other agencies. I continue to learn and grow as a clinician even after working there a number of years. As a small independent clinic, the benefits such as vacation days are limited, but there is a flexibility including often early closures before holiday weekends and the ability to set your own schedule in many cases. Benefits are also somewhat limited as the employee (versus contractor) pool is small, so there are no retirement plans although there are good health options, dental, and AFLAC. To work here you have to be relatively independent as generally you are not micromanaged. Meaning if you want help it is there but you have to be self-aware enough to ask. I find you get out of work at MFR what you put in as far as the job goes.

Pros

Collegiality, opportunities to learn, flexibility

Cons

Good benefits for small co, but large organizations offer more benefits

Not a warm caring environment

Employee turnover is great due to poor management. This agency lacks competency and does not care about their employees nor consumers. When an audit occurs, management try to rush the employees to sign training documents that did not occur. MFR is a very unorganized company. If you work for them it will be for a short period of time.

Therapeutic Rehabilitation coordinator

Mental Health Agency- • Rehabilitation coordinator for juveniles and adults with mental, emotional and learning disabilities

Very poor work place / needs a renew of clinic leadership with ethical moral values on how to treat employees and consumers.

Very unfriendly and unsecured work setting for employees. Poor opportunity for professional growth.Poor administrative leadership, with an incompetent and unaware board, which does not know how the clinic is run.Poor filing system and some serious non compliance with Comar Regulations, therefore, very poor consumer services.

Cons

yearly 2 weeks vacation, which include sick leave and everything else.

Good

Good days. I'd rather not. I do not wish to discuss further. It is a good company

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Maryland Family Resource. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.1 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits