Maryland Live! Casino Employee Reviews

Good job security
Casino Floor Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Hanover, MAOctober 19, 2018
If you have the right job you are respected and have good job security. Good Pay. No family life. You must work all weekends and every holiday. They have a no point policy no easy to get off work without months of advance notice.
Pros
Free food Job security good pay
Cons
Expensive health care, work every weekend and all holidays.
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDOctober 14, 2018
Very nice place to work. Everybody is so nice and caring. The food is excellent and the environment is fun. I worked for the hotel, it’s very decent and a good place to stay.
Pros
Fun
Cons
Notjing
Don't Believe The Hype In Orientation
Lead Line Cook II (Former Employee) –  Hanover, MDSeptember 24, 2018
Maybe because the casino is open 24/7, there are expectations for you to be available to work 24/7. The union that you pay into does not have your best interest in mind so they are useless. The customers ( gambling addicts mostly) are allowed to verbally disrespect & harass you, with you being expected to tolerate it on a daily basis.
Company is growing
IT MANAGER/PROJECT MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Hanover, MDSeptember 24, 2018
Was there to usher in a new hotel. Overall, you have the room to grow. Within 5 months I was promoted. The hard part is that this is 24x7 no special holidays. You definitely work!
Pros
Salary and growth
Cons
Scheduling and long hours
Fun place to work and great place to grow within a company.
VIP Concierge (Former Employee) –  Hanover, MDSeptember 18, 2018
I worked inside a casino, very fun environment many different cultures. sometimes it could be a difficult day with so many things going on but i always enjoyed it.
Great job if you can deal with a lot of angry clients
Relationship Marketing Manager (Former Employee) –  Hanover, MDSeptember 8, 2018
The life of a Relationship Marketing Manager is fabulous. Really, it's pretty much exactly the way it is depicted in Las Vegas movies. A typical day in the office would consist of having a few meals with my clients, converse with new high rollers, call my players to invite them to an upcoming show, booking hotels, limos, and just being there. Now that's during my work week, but on any given weekend I'll usually catch a football or baseball game with my players, go to a show, golf, or be back at the casino for a special private event. Either way I'm just networking and socializing and getting paid a nice salary plus a bonus on top of it. This may seem fun and granted it was for a while but the lifestyle truly begins to take a toll on you. The constant complaining of addicted gamblers hassling you for compensation or "free play" for losing money gets exhausting. That on top of late nights, constant appearances at networking events and parties, major holidays spent at the casino and not at home with my family all start taking its toll on my mental and physical health. But the main turn off in my opinion is the workplace culture - the fact that upper management would let any player who was considered a "high roller" do as they pleased and degrade and insult the staff members is disgusting. To come to work and realize that you can get cursed out and treated horribly just because John Doe is down $100K or even $100 in Blackjack is disheartening. So if you can roll with the punches and love to party then this is the perfect job for you, but if you value your sanity and  more... family keep it moving.  less
Pros
high level of autonomy and freedom, great perks, and benefits
Cons
stressful, lack of work/life balance, work place culture
Fastpaced, Fun Enviornment
Slot Attendant (Former Employee) –  Hanover, MDSeptember 5, 2018
Working in the casino, was very interesting, and overall great experience. It was a great place to build working skills, and provide customer service.
Pros
Fun working atmosphere
Cons
Shift bidding, pay rate could have been competitively higher
N/a
Director of Culinary Operations (Current Employee) –  Hanover, MDAugust 28, 2018
No Comments at this time concerning Live casino. Just lie any other job its what you make of it. Hard work will always pay off in the end. I enjoy the people I work with.
A New Adventure
Table Games Dealer (Current Employee) –  Hanover, MDAugust 5, 2018
My transition to the Gaming industry may have been easier than others coming from a Hospitality background. A typical day at the casino would consist of a lot of smiling and laughter and a whole lot of cheering for our players to do well. The hardest part about this job learning the actual games themselves if you aren't accustomed to being in that type of setting. I've learned a great deal since becoming a Table Games Dealer. One of the things I learned is Black Jack is a "Team Sport". I learned that although there are some days that are a little tougher than others, customers just want someone to vent to and not to take their frustrations personally. The Gaming industry is a very fast-paced environment so be prepared for a change in the game plan at a moment's notice. I will say that our Management Team is there for our associates if there are problems that arise and are very hands-on in the everyday operations of the casino. Overall, Maryland Live! Casino is a very nice place to work if you want to explore a new adventure!
Fun place to work in
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Hanover, MDAugust 1, 2018
This place is so welcoming , loving and supportive.
I've learned so much from them with how to deal with customers
hardest part was when people orders
Pros
good food
Cons
breaks will be limited due to services
Maryland Live was Live
Dual Rate Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Hanover, MDAugust 1, 2018
It was a very fun place to work. They worked with my school schedule to allow me to get a degree. Although the company is new to the industry, they did their best with the tools that they had.
Pros
Tuition Reimbursement, Free Salads and Sodas
Cons
Tips weren't correctly distributed
Decent job
Security Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Hanover, MDJuly 18, 2018
Patrolled the premises and reported any suspicious activity to my supervisor.
Also, assisted in vehicle collisions, vehicle breakdowns, vehicle booting, patron intoxication, escorting patrons to their vehicles, and ensuring the safety of all patrons attending the casino, including the casino employees.
Patrolling premises developed my relationship and ability to influence and collaborate with others outside our reporting authority to achieve shared goals, which would provide the safety and integrity of the casino.
Provide personal customer service to multiple demographics to convey interest in building relationships.
learned from managers that you must always stay vigilant while ensuring patrons safety.
Pros
Flexible managers
Cons
Harsh policies
It is what you make it
Slots Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Anne Arundel County, MDJune 19, 2018
Hours can be crazy, being a 24/7 business. Pays well for people with no degree or skill. Great for young people or people with no desire to get a degree.
overall good place to work.
Table Games Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Hanover, MDJune 12, 2018
This was a good company to work for. Different shifts to choose from. Promotion from within if you pay your dues. The uniforms were my biggest complaint about the job!
Pros
cheap lunches
Cons
parking sucked
Cool and relaxed place to work
DISHWASHER (Former Employee) –  Severn, MDJune 8, 2018
Cool and relaxed place to work. The work was fun and exciting, I enjoyed working with my team. I learned to cook different kinds of foods and the equipment was easy to use.
Quick-paced and efficient workplace
Lead Cashier/Prep (Former Employee) –  Hanover, MDJune 3, 2018
Maryland Live Casino would be one of the best jobs I've had since I've graduated high school. It was a lot of hard work and effort to deal with while being there but for the most part it was fun and if I had a chance to work there again I would.
Stripping & waxing
Housekeeping Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Hanover, MDMay 30, 2018
My 1st time stripping & waxing was so much fun because I'm only 5'1 and weight about 110 lbs. At first the side by side was throwing me around until I realize I had to be in-control and ever since 2012 I'm a pro.
New casino
Lead Cashier/main Banker (Former Employee) –  Hanover, MD 21076May 23, 2018
Maryland live is a new casino to the area, privately owned so lots to learn.. myself being from Nevada and working at a casino before I found how much training my management and co workers actually needed being new to the business..
Pros
casinos are new to that area so they are learning!
Cons
management not understanding
It was ok
Unknown (Former Employee) –  Hanover, MDMay 21, 2018
The culture created by management lets the guests dictate everything from game pace to hand decisions. It was extremely out of control. I would recomend this place to somebody only if you are from that area and are a custom to the "entitelment" attitude that is catered to by management.
Fast paced environment
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Hanover, MDMay 15, 2018
Great environment for those who don't mind having crazy schedule and days off. Management is what makes a company they need to retrain a lot of people to keep customers.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Maryland Live! Casino. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

1.7InHerSight Score

1.6Personal Development

2.0Career Opportunities

1.6Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight