Maryland Live! Casino Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
A New Adventure
Table Games Dealer (Current Employee) –  Hanover, MDAugust 5, 2018
My transition to the Gaming industry may have been easier than others coming from a Hospitality background. A typical day at the casino would consist of a lot of smiling and laughter and a whole lot of cheering for our players to do well. The hardest part about this job learning the actual games themselves if you aren't accustomed to being in that type of setting. I've learned a great deal since becoming a Table Games Dealer. One of the things I learned is Black Jack is a "Team Sport". I learned that although there are some days that are a little tougher than others, customers just want someone to vent to and not to take their frustrations personally. The Gaming industry is a very fast-paced environment so be prepared for a change in the game plan at a moment's notice. I will say that our Management Team is there for our associates if there are problems that arise and are very hands-on in the everyday operations of the casino. Overall, Maryland Live! Casino is a very nice place to work if you want to explore a new adventure!
Fun place to work in
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Hanover, MDAugust 1, 2018
This place is so welcoming , loving and supportive.
I've learned so much from them with how to deal with customers
hardest part was when people orders
Pros
good food
Cons
breaks will be limited due to services
Maryland Live was Live
Dual Rate Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Hanover, MDAugust 1, 2018
It was a very fun place to work. They worked with my school schedule to allow me to get a degree. Although the company is new to the industry, they did their best with the tools that they had.
Pros
Tuition Reimbursement, Free Salads and Sodas
Cons
Tips weren't correctly distributed
Decent job
Security Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Hanover, MDJuly 18, 2018
Patrolled the premises and reported any suspicious activity to my supervisor.
Also, assisted in vehicle collisions, vehicle breakdowns, vehicle booting, patron intoxication, escorting patrons to their vehicles, and ensuring the safety of all patrons attending the casino, including the casino employees.
Patrolling premises developed my relationship and ability to influence and collaborate with others outside our reporting authority to achieve shared goals, which would provide the safety and integrity of the casino.
Provide personal customer service to multiple demographics to convey interest in building relationships.
learned from managers that you must always stay vigilant while ensuring patrons safety.
Pros
Flexible managers
Cons
Harsh policies
It is what you make it
Slots Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Anne Arundel County, MDJune 19, 2018
Hours can be crazy, being a 24/7 business. Pays well for people with no degree or skill. Great for young people or people with no desire to get a degree.
overall good place to work.
Table Games Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Hanover, MDJune 12, 2018
This was a good company to work for. Different shifts to choose from. Promotion from within if you pay your dues. The uniforms were my biggest complaint about the job!
Pros
cheap lunches
Cons
parking sucked
Cool and relaxed place to work
DISHWASHER (Former Employee) –  Severn, MDJune 8, 2018
Cool and relaxed place to work. The work was fun and exciting, I enjoyed working with my team. I learned to cook different kinds of foods and the equipment was easy to use.
Quick-paced and efficient workplace
Lead Cashier/Prep (Former Employee) –  Hanover, MDJune 3, 2018
Maryland Live Casino would be one of the best jobs I've had since I've graduated high school. It was a lot of hard work and effort to deal with while being there but for the most part it was fun and if I had a chance to work there again I would.
Stripping & waxing
Housekeeping Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Hanover, MDMay 30, 2018
My 1st time stripping & waxing was so much fun because I'm only 5'1 and weight about 110 lbs. At first the side by side was throwing me around until I realize I had to be in-control and ever since 2012 I'm a pro.
New casino
Lead Cashier/main Banker (Former Employee) –  Hanover, MD 21076May 23, 2018
Maryland live is a new casino to the area, privately owned so lots to learn.. myself being from Nevada and working at a casino before I found how much training my management and co workers actually needed being new to the business..
Pros
casinos are new to that area so they are learning!
Cons
management not understanding

Want to know more about Maryland Live! Casino?

Ask a question
It was ok
Unknown (Former Employee) –  Hanover, MDMay 21, 2018
The culture created by management lets the guests dictate everything from game pace to hand decisions. It was extremely out of control. I would recomend this place to somebody only if you are from that area and are a custom to the "entitelment" attitude that is catered to by management.
Fast paced environment
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Hanover, MDMay 15, 2018
Great environment for those who don't mind having crazy schedule and days off. Management is what makes a company they need to retrain a lot of people to keep customers.
It company offers food benefits and 401K
Poker Dealer (Former Employee) –  Hanover, MDMay 10, 2018
It was an okay experience there. The company offered good benefits and 401k. The real cons is working hours are tough in the casino business. It’s not gurantted that you will get day shifts and most likely no weekends off or holidays.
Pros
Benefits and 401K
Cons
Hours
Productive and fast paced work enviirnment
Internship through Howard County School Systems (Former Employee) –  Hanover, MDMay 9, 2018
I did work at Maryland Live Casino& Hotel from December 2017 to May 2018. I worked as an intern. I worked up in Main Cage. The pay was decent. I was paid $12.50 per hour. I worked there as a student full time. I liked most of the managers there. However, there were a couple of managers I didn't particularly care for.
Now, a typical work day at Maryland Live Casino was fast paced and productive. I enjoyed the pay and experience. The hardest part of the job was the issuing of a marker. There were a lot of steps involved.
VeryEntertaining and Live Workplace.
Part/Full-Time Beverage Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Hanover, MDMay 6, 2018
Maryland Live is a vibrant entertainment scene. I've learned that business never stops. From sun up to sun down its a battle between wins and losses. The hardest part of my job at Live! was escorting a customer from the casino after too many alcoholic beverages. On average a day at Maryland is filled with earnings from tips to valuable customer relationships.
relaxed workplace
Finance Representative (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDMay 1, 2018
This is a fun place to work. I love how the casino do fun things to keep their employees happy and excited to work there. Certain departments don't match the pay rate. Also sometimes you ring issues and problems to management they listen when they want to.
my typical day
Dispatcher (Current Employee) –  Hanover, MDApril 30, 2018
casino is a good paying job in all aspects and you also able to move yup very fast in this business. Once your in the casino business you can always have a job
Great place to work.
Security Ambassador (Current Employee) –  MarylandApril 30, 2018
We offer a valuable work experience with growth potential, generous benefits, good money and a fun environment. Fast track your career with us!Hey, we’re in the business of entertainment, right? We’ll make sure we all work together to get the job done, and have a good time doing it!
Don't ever work here
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Hanover, MDApril 17, 2018
Don't work here if you don't have tough skin
HORRIBLE management and employees
work here for other 3 years and dealt with smart mouth management and employees
keep your points down because they can fire you for anything.
don't work in food and beverage
also dealers have the worst attitudes because they get short breaks so watch out for them.
your probably better off working in tables all of the other positions throw it in the trash can!
Cons
HORRiBle
My job
Cook (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDApril 16, 2018
really enjoyed working here. I have never had a complaint. Nor did I ever had to make one. Everyone was always very nice and friendly. I really enjoyed working here.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Maryland Live! Casino. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

1.7InHerSight Score

1.6Personal Development

2.0Career Opportunities

1.6Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight