Maryland Live! Casino Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Don't ever work here
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Hanover, MDApril 17, 2018
Don't work here if you don't have tough skin
HORRIBLE management and employees
work here for other 3 years and dealt with smart mouth management and employees
keep your points down because they can fire you for anything.
don't work in food and beverage
also dealers have the worst attitudes because they get short breaks so watch out for them.
your probably better off working in tables all of the other positions throw it in the trash can!
Cons
HORRiBle
My job
Cook (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDApril 16, 2018
really enjoyed working here. I have never had a complaint. Nor did I ever had to make one. Everyone was always very nice and friendly. I really enjoyed working here.
Growing Company
Table Games Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Hanover, MDMarch 17, 2018
You can grow fast in this company. There is a lot of opportunities for people, you can learn and accomplish so much within a short period of time. It is entertaining, fast-paced and exciting.
fun place to work to interact with people
Valet (Former Employee) –  Hanover, MDMarch 16, 2018
long hours on your feet, I learned how to greet all different types of people which was fun. Management was poor, no help with anything and very unorganized. The employees were great.
Terrible place to work
Accounts Payable Clerk (Former Employee) –  Hanover, MDMarch 2, 2018
They do not care about the employees. When they first opened they were great but when we moved in the casino they were different. They pushed the original people out after. 4 months and hired others at a lower wage. To get you to quit or to be able to write you up so they can for you, they throw more duties and much more things added so there is no way to keep up. Some were fired some left. I walked out on my own.
Pros
Free lunches the first 4 months
Cons
They follow you around to try to catch you talking to anyone.
A good place to work.
Floor Person Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Hanover, MDFebruary 28, 2018
Great company to work for with great benefits. Lot of opportunities to grow & learn with in many different areas. Location & surrounding can't be better.
Pros
Good employee cafeteria
wasted 3 years of my life
Cocktail Waitress (Current Employee) –  Hannover, MDFebruary 28, 2018
I spent 3 years in this job in many different positions and felt like it was a waste. managers are very power hungry and trying to assert dominance. they say they are family oriented but don't care about your health and well being. they give you this appearance that you can grow throughout the job but make it very difficult to actually establish a line of building growth. they don't appreciate the hard working individuals who actually spend extra time and work extra hard to keep the job running smoothly. my only advice to anyone who wanted to apply is NOT TO APPLY!! find a job or you would waste the same amount of time I did. unless you want to be pushed to the side.
Horrific place!
John smalls (Former Employee) –  MarylandFebruary 24, 2018
Management should be at McDonald’s drive threw. Prejudice people and unfair people running that dump. Liers cheats just bad people. That treat hard working people like garbage
Pros
Cons
Everything is bad
Nice place to work an a great learning experience
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Hanover, MDFebruary 19, 2018
You will experience a different world when you work at a casino.i really enjoyed working there seeing an meeting new people. Maryland live are good to there employees an really appreciate the hard work we do.
fast face
Table Games Dealer (Former Employee) –  Arundel, MEFebruary 12, 2018
professional, friendly, knowledgeable, quick to respond on any situation costumer satisfaction positive attitude, fast face great relationship with coworkers
I had a good run
IT Support Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Hanover, MDFebruary 6, 2018
I had a good run, you get in what you put out.

I received three promotions in one year of being there. I will probably get a couple more while I am still currently here.

Don't let the workers discourage you or anyone at that .
Interesting place
Table Games Dealer (Current Employee) –  Hanover, MDFebruary 2, 2018
I've worked at MD Live for almost five years. In that time I've seen thousands of people come and go (yes employees). Upper level management is so displaced that they have no idea how people are treated, maybe they do and do not care at all. All lower level employees are considered quite replaceable in their opinions. If you don't play politics don't expect to move up...
Pros
Benefits, free meals on holidays
Cons
Shift work, heavy favoritism
IssaNo forme
Security Ambassador (Current Employee) –  Hanover, MDJanuary 25, 2018
No absolutely posititvely do not work here unless you are a dealer or slot attendant anybody else is not getting fair pay. I do not recommend to anyone .
Action packed
Casino Slot Attendant (Former Employee) –  Hanover, MDJanuary 16, 2018
I had never worked in a casino, nor will I ever again. The gambling culture is not for me. Maryland LIVE! would be a great start for those in suburban Maryland to get a headstart in the casino industry.
good place
Evs attendant/ Customer service (Former Employee) –  Hanover, MDJanuary 10, 2018
it was a good job for experience especially if you're beginner they will give you a chance to grow if you work hard or they notice you working hard ..
it was the first casino i worked at
Secuiry Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Hanover, MDJanuary 10, 2018
it was definitely a experience for me working in a casino cause I normally work in bars, nightclubs, and strip clubs. But it was new for me and it was ok
Ok
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Hanover, MDJanuary 1, 2018
Fast paced,need detailed...nasty customers and ran out of cleaning supplies sometimes. Schedule for the day was all over the place and treated house keepers as they were lower than others
A good place to work
Slot Attendant (Former Employee) –  Hanover, MD 21076December 16, 2017
For people whom do not require a great income this is a good place to work I was full time for one year got on raise and part time for two years NEVER got a raise, Tips are poor for a casino.
Pros
Nice environment to work.
Cons
To many managers an one time some shifts 5 mgrs
Main Banker (Current Employee) –  Hanover, MDDecember 14, 2017
I enjoyed working at the casino. They have great benefits great pay great people. My only problem was getting to & from work without a car with the hours I worked. But they worker harder on providing transportation for people who need it.
Fun workplace
Banquet Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Arundel millsNovember 24, 2017
Room for internal growth. A friendly environment with a lot of benefits. The company has a lot of employee programs that help out with a lot family issue's