Maryland National Capital Park and Planning Commission
85High
4.2

Maryland National Capital Park and Planning Commission Employee Reviews

You’re seeing reviews close to Ashburn, VA based on your current location
Not your desired location?
Choose a different one
Ashburn, VA35 reviews
General Park Maintenance.
Park Maintenance, Equipment Operation, Dealt with public on a general basis.
Advancement Please
I was hired as a seasonal employee looking advance my career path, but I was hired and I filled in everywhere I could so that I could get as close to 40hrs weekly as possible. i was helping management who had years on the job yet I wasn't making any real money
Seasonal Employee
Being a seasonal job, it is a great way to start your job search as a teen, earning a little cash for the summer with a stable job that will allow you to help families give their children a birthday or park experience they will love.
Positive, helpful, and learning environment.
This was my first job as a planner. Supervisors are helpful, inclusive, and can-do attitude. As a new planner, I learned a lot to become a professional planner. I am proud that I contributed to the Silver Spring CBD Sector Plan UPdate as a team member in 1999.
Job security
A place with lots of opportunities to anyone who wants to succeed as a professional and enjoy the beauty of working outdoors and a family environment, helping other families to enjoy all the benefits and opportunities of learn and enjoy all different programs available
Do you enjoy working at your company?
Every work experience is unique. Tell us about yours. Rate your employer.
i's a great place to work
I, really enjoy working for the parks, I have learn a lot about the parks, and also meet other co- worker from all different countries, i would go back to work for the parks, but my contracts ended,
Great place to work. removing snow, grades fields and other park areas.
Hauls materials and equipment..

Occasionally performs routine custodial maintenance and repairs to park buildings

and structures.

Maintains athletic fields, according to established standards.

Installs amenities such as signs, grills, picnic tables, fence (chain link and split rail),

basketball rims and nets, tennis poles and nets, etc.
The office I worked in was new Manager new 3 months in no Management experience experience
I loved growing with this office however it was great are first my experience was 20 plus customer service I loved the responsibility . The issues with getting the numbers on tracker down I was part time.i was micro managed I made a few errors on on new procedures and wasn't given a chance correct them they needed a perfect person going into the busy season. I felt under appreciate d and I wanted to see it through I believe I was not given a chance.
Pros
Part time
Cons
Not trained properly new Manager
Local Planning Department That's Committed to it's Employees
There is a reason that M-NCPPC is considered a leading planning department. The staff is really knowledgeable and committed to the mission of the organization. They're committed to providing their employees opportunities to advance.
Do not work at the Campground
Campground is operated by a "very" young staff. Cost of sites are too expensive. Programs lack creativity. Same programmed events every weekend. Poor management from the highest level. High employee turnover rate.
Pros
Cons
Work extra hours for no pay.
Too political
It's cutthroat at the top and on the ladder up to the top. Didn't used to be that way. When I first came on board, knowledge was passed down and taught skills from everyone to help advancement.
Over years, the Directors have been impersonal and vendictive to work for.

Play favorites.
Benefits
Cons
It's who you know
Enterprise = Bad Management
- Very high turnover rate.
- Very difficult to advance with company.

- Culture is very negative.

- Leadership is not good from the top.

- Work every weekend with no time off

- Must be good at politics.
Pros
zero
Good job for students
As a rink guard at MNCPPC, my job was to operate skate exchanged, before and after each session, as well as skate and monitor skaters. Clean and close facility.
Pros
free ice skating sessions
Cons
N/a
good for starting out not to keep
wheaton ice rink is a great place to work if you are starting out. they only have part-time work so if you want to do full time not the place. managers are accommodating and everyone is really nice and chill. very low stress job.
Pros
free skating
Great staff
I learned quite a lot about maintaining a greenhouse and growing enough plants to populate a public garden. I would recommend working there to anyone in need of therapeutic exercise, it's great.
Pros
propagation experience
Cons
Too close to home
There's a lot of room for improvement
After working a few years at the parks, I realized advancement is pretty commonplace after a committing to one job. However, the work and hours are not for everyone.
Great Organization
It's an amazing organization to work for.
I'm a designer so my work was different every week, in one week I would visit multiple offices and parks around Maryland.
Pros
its gov, so you have a lot guide lines to follow
Cons
delivering with those guidelines will increase your value.
If you are good, you will advance
The management at most MNCPPC offices and facilities try their best to keep good employees around if they’re seasonal. They often try to hire you in a permanent admin position or recommend you to another division hiring for a permanent position.
Pros
Relaxed, opportunities for advancement, great management
Cons
Hr
It was okay
Nothing seems as it really is with the management staff. Management staff always has an agenda and doesn't share it with its employees. Just watch your back when working in Montgomery Parks.
Fun environment , staff and customers
Typical day at Cabin John Ice Arena, is assisting injured skaters on and off the ice, monitor skaters, operate skate exchange, assist with various events such as, birthday parties. Clean and close facility. Most enjoyable part of this job is skating, and working with college and high school students. Can not say anything negative about MNCPPC
Pros
fun staff, ability to skate for free.
diversity
from a female perspective they discriminate against females working on crews and out in the field with the guys you may have one female out their so discrimination will fall short, but in the meantime my experience was conspiracy towards a female to find some excuse or alibi that the female is not holding her weight in the field, so therefore she would be taken off the crew to put on custodial crew to clean toilets my experience
benefits
Cons
good place
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Maryland National Capital Park and Planning Commission. Our community is ready to answer.
4.2