Maryland National Capital Park and Planning Commission

Maryland National Capital Park and Planning Commission Employee Reviews

Productive and fun workplace
Summer Camp Counselor (Former Employee) –  Upper Marlboro, MDSeptember 16, 2018
Days can be hectic but are usually organized on a calendar schedule, however days can be unpredictable (weather, child behavior). Extremely fun and great job for the summers for students (high school or college) and a great eye opening and learning experience.
Pros
Free lunch for struggling staff/campers, Set schedule, rehire is easy
Cons
Not really any benefits for seasonal camp counselors
Days on the Job
General Maintenance Worker (Former Employee) –  Hyattsville, MDSeptember 14, 2018
My work days, Grass cutting, Trash Pick up,etc
Things I have learned, I’ve learned how to become more Productive
Management was pretty cool & lay back very good guys, Very helpful
Pros
Hour Lunch Break
Cons
Low Pay
Enterprise = Bad Management
MD (Former Employee) –  Cabin John, MDSeptember 13, 2018
- Very high turnover rate.
- Very difficult to advance with company.
- Culture is very negative.
- Leadership is not good from the top.
- Work every weekend with no time off
- Must be good at politics.
Pros
zero
M-ncppc
Mail Analyst/ Print Tech (Current Employee) –  Greenbelt, MDSeptember 3, 2018
Awesome place to work depending on department and location.
a typical work day was 8 hours with an hour lunch. 5 hours a week. do not work on weekends. My job was hands-on and desk work. I enjoyed what I did but the management was shaky. raises are hard to come by but it who you know.
Pros
large variety of jobs
Cons
hard to advance.
My Work Experience
Aide Assistant (Current Employee) –  College Park, MDAugust 22, 2018
Working with M-NCPPC I got to learn new thing every year. My main focus in my job was a aide for kids care staff. I've got to see new kids every year and learn about them and their whole background from their parents, also got to bond with them. With the workplace I got along with my coworkers because we treated ourselves as a family. We also looked out for each other and also have our backs. The hardest part of my job was to help make sure that kids learn from their mistakes whenever they will get in trouble or when they know that something is wrong to show them that is not right and not to do the same mistakes again. The most enjoyable part of my job was the spend time with the kids play around them do really cool art project, do different activities, play all types of sports, also help them with their homework if they are in need of help.
Pros
flexile hours for me going to school, having events to make more hours sometimes but not always.
Cons
Not really having a lunch break, You have to eat before showing up to work, that way you not eating front of the children, Not begin able to work when the kids have no school, During the kids holiday break not working, Only work a couple of days not have a regular schedule, Also not having full benefits such sickness, or 401K
Okay
Teacher's Aide (Former Employee) –  Laurel, MDAugust 20, 2018
The manager was great, Some changes were made to the workplace culture but allowed for growth not only for the employees but for the children as well.
Camp Counselor
Camp Counselor (Seasonal) (Former Employee) –  College Park, MDAugust 14, 2018
This is a very unique and enjoyable work environment. At work, you develop skills in leadership, solving problems, patience, and compassion. In a typical day, we have them engage in a sports activity, arts & crafts activities, swim time, and weekly field trips to recreational centers. I enjoyed working with the kids and inspiring them to believe that they can do anything in life.
Pros
Supportive work environment, trips
Cons
Seasonal
senior service
Program Facility Aide III (Current Employee) –  Capital Heights, TNAugust 2, 2018
John Howard Senior Activity Center trip are Great trips in the day time and at night time. the senior are friendly and kind to me. the manager is so nice ,the senior are so happy when they come in at 9 :00am in the morning and ready for me to do a activity with them
Pros
lunch on your own
Cons
short Breaks
Good job for students
Guard (Former Employee) –  Bethesda, MDAugust 2, 2018
As a rink guard at MNCPPC, my job was to operate skate exchanged, before and after each session, as well as skate and monitor skaters. Clean and close facility.
Pros
free ice skating sessions
Cons
N/a
Mncppc
Kids Care Counselor (Current Employee) –  Temple Hills, MDJuly 30, 2018
The job overall is an okay place to work at but, it is not somewhere to be permanent, because then you will become stationary. In oder to make a salary, you have to have years of experience within the company, not skills just years.
Productive and fun place to work at
IT Technician (Current Employee) –  Riverdale Park, MDJuly 24, 2018
Managers give you tools to advance your career and give you a variety of tasks so that you can expand your skill set. Flexible work hours make it possible to students to succeed as well.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
Short breaks
Great
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Glenarden, MDJuly 24, 2018
Wonderful experience this opportunity was eye opening and allowed me to benefit with my masters degree. Would suggest this opportunity with anyone. I love this experience
great work environment
Head Coach/Manager (Former Employee) –  Bowie, MDJuly 20, 2018
Mission / Vision / Value Statements. Throughout 80 plus years of service, The Maryland-National Capital Park and Planning Commission has endeavored to improve the quality of life for all of the citizens of the bicounty area it serves and of the communities in which these citizens live, work, and raise their families.
good
Camp Counselor (Current Employee) –  Clinton, MDJuly 19, 2018
The job was god pretty busy do to the mass amount of kids at certain camps. you eat lunch with the kids and you have to bring your own so there is no real break and its only a 6 week camp.
It was fun
Inclusion Aide (Current Employee) –  Hyattsville, MDJuly 16, 2018
mornings were started immediately when you walk in. everything continues to flow and try not to let things pile up. slow days its a little relaxed but most days non stop working.
Pros
N/a
Cons
N/a
fun work place
Inclusion/Therapeutic Counselor (Former Employee) –  Beltsville, MD 20705July 11, 2018
summer camp worker , working with individual students that have disabilities throughout the summer camp session each session is 2 weeks longer you will get another campper after two weeks.
Laid back and fun
Instrutor (Current Employee) –  Riverdale, MD 20737June 28, 2018
Working at Parks and Planning is fun and great opportunity to move up within the company I work with youth of all ages and abilities and watching learn and grow within the structure of the program is great
Pros
laid back and fun
Cons
lack of hours
Great job for retirees
Front Desk Clerk (Current Employee) –  Fort Washington, MDJune 22, 2018
Get to meet and communicate with the young and elder people.
Both can learn from one another.

I've learned something every day regarding the new system from co-workers.

Management is ok.

Workplace culture is minimal.

No hard part of the job.

The most enjoyable part of the job is interacting with the children when the center have Summer Day Camp
Pros
Just starting to earn sick leave.
Cons
No health care, vacation or insurance benefits due to job is contractual.
Very Fun summer job
Summer Camp Counselor (Current Employee) –  Hyattsville, MDJune 21, 2018
A typical day at work was very fun and enjoyable.On an average day, the kids would show up and be in a great mood! I was a seasonal employee during the summer and I highly recommend this job!
Great
Lifeguard for Hammilton Pool in Hyattsville (Former Employee) –  Hamilton StJune 21, 2018
This was the perfect job for a teenager wouldn't be stressed out much and paid well. Always needed to stay focused which can help a lot of kids out to look around at their surroundings.
Pros
Saved lives and felt good about it
Cons
Lot of kids do not listen and parents are harder of hearing