Maryland National Capital Park and Planning Commission

Maryland National Capital Park and Planning Commission Employee Reviews

Local Planning Department That's Committed to it's Employees
Senior Planner (Current Employee) –  Silver Spring, MDMarch 18, 2019
There is a reason that M-NCPPC is considered a leading planning department. The staff is really knowledgeable and committed to the mission of the organization. They're committed to providing their employees opportunities to advance.
Do not work at the Campground
Facility Manager I (Former Employee) –  Clarksburg, MDFebruary 6, 2019
Campground is operated by a "very" young staff. Cost of sites are too expensive. Programs lack creativity. Same programmed events every weekend. Poor management from the highest level. High employee turnover rate.
Pros
Cons
Work extra hours for no pay.
Positive
Director, Arts and Cultural Division (Current Employee) –  Greenbelt, MDJanuary 29, 2019
Fun place to grown and learn but needs more organization on the payroll end. Good pay but need more hours and offering more full time benefits. otherwise a good company to work for
A Job to work when your in school
Summer Staff Member (Former Employee) –  Laurel, MDJanuary 18, 2019
The job doesn't require much its all about who you work with as well as how well you are with working with kids and adults. If you are in need of work that will take care of you with minimal work this is thew place to work.
Fun workplace
Front Desk Clerk (Current Employee) –  Capitol Heights, MDJanuary 4, 2019
Great job, good for a part time position, working with the community. They also have a lot of events that I loved working, You Go on trips with the community center it’s free you won’t have to pay out of pocket
fun place to work for
Manager on Duty (MOD) (Current Employee) –  MarylandDecember 31, 2018
Planning activities and events for patrons. Laid back atmosphere. Low wage compensation for intermittent employees. No annual leave compensation for intermittent employees. Great company to work for despite the cons.
Pros
Flexibility in job planning
Cons
Low wage for noncareer staff. No annual leave for intermittent staff
Summer Job
Staff Member (Former Employee) –  College Park, MDDecember 29, 2018
It was a summer job, I was difficult but still managed to be fun, it was a camp and we had to watch over kids and provide care and daily lunches and activities.
Great Summer
Summer Camp Counselor (Former Employee) –  Fort Washington, MDDecember 23, 2018
Working with youth on daily basis for the summer basketball camp was my enjoyable and fun. The most enjoyable part of the job is that the youth was eager to learn the fundamental skill of basketball.
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
Flexible Part-time Positions
Administrative Assistant/Program Facility Aid II (Current Employee) –  Temple Hills, MDDecember 4, 2018
I have been employed part-time with Maryland-National Capital Parks and Planning Commission (M-NCPPC) in several positions over the last six years. I love the different managers that I have had the pleasure to work with/for. All of my fellow intermittent co-workers contribute something different to the team. We are really like family, which is a great feeling. We work with the public via phone and in-person at the community centers for classes, childcare, rentals and special events. While it is not always an easy job, it is one that is very rewarding. M-NCPPC makes it hard to walk away especially because the work schedules are very flexible.
Pros
Flexible Schedules, Management, Culture
Cons
Hard to advance
Maintenance/Custodian (Former Employee) –  Hyattsville, MDDecember 1, 2018
Excellent work place and management..Always updating your work skills with training and meetings. Work isn't hard but keeps one busy.Management has hired mostly Hispanic women who makes it hard to communicate with them due to not speaking English.
Pros
excellent work place and co-workers
Cons
management too sexual with hispanic women., Latino women have less work responsibilities
Awesome
Inclusion Specialist (Current Employee) –  Fort Washington, MDNovember 29, 2018
My manager is so down to earth and easy to talk to rather its personal or work related. My days during the Summer and even now are a smooth slate. Im happy to be apart of a family.
productive and fun
Area Specialist Assistant - PG county (Current Employee) –  Langley Park, MDNovember 28, 2018
my manager is great. she loves her job, and her employees, not many places care about their staff like she does...............
LOVE MY JOB, just NEED MORE MONEY
Pros
Loving
Principal Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Greenbelt, MDNovember 28, 2018
I learned a lot when I worked for M-NCPPC. Started out not knowing anything about computers and retired knowing so much. They were many training opportunities throughout the years to learn and opportunities to take training that gave you learning credits through local colleges. Got the opportunity to work at several different facilities over the years and to meet many people in the community. They work day varied depending on the projects at certain times. Got to participate in events such as Black History Month, Asian American Heritage events, art openings and classes for adults and children. The company offered access to fitness centers throughout the County and had a Health & Fitness day each year for the employees to attend.

Worked for over 25 years for they company and would work for them again.
Pros
Great health, retirement, and learning benefits.
Administrative Services Division Chief (Current Employee) –  Riverdale, MDNovember 27, 2018
Nice work environment with great managers and colleagues, good work/life balance opportunities, good benefits and compensation, good health and wellness programs
Too political
Manager Aide III (Former Employee) –  Clarksburg, MDNovember 17, 2018
It's cutthroat at the top and on the ladder up to the top. Didn't used to be that way. When I first came on board, knowledge was passed down and taught skills from everyone to help advancement.
Over years, the Directors have been impersonal and vendictive to work for.
Play favorites.
Benefits
Cons
It's who you know
Great Job-hard to become full time
Area Specialist Assistant (Current Employee) –  Langley Park, MDNovember 2, 2018
I love Park and Planning, it is hard to get a career position though.
I have had great paid training's to include being a First Aide/ CPR instructor, CJIS trained, child care certification, etc.
Great staff and great management
Facilities Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Riverdale, MDOctober 14, 2018
Parking and planning commission was my very first job, I respect the management so much for allowing me to be flexible. Great times and vibes with fun people.
It was fun to help the customers and show them the facility.
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Landover, MDOctober 11, 2018
A wonderful part time job when helping customers and showing them the facility's beauty. A biased 30-something manager constantly criticized me in front of others.
Pros
the customers
fun work place
camp counselor (Former Employee) –  Upper Marlboro, MDSeptember 28, 2018
This is a fun job because you basically play with the kids all day and then clean up sometimes the kids wouldn't listen to me so you have to raise your voice
Working with kids
Seasonal Camp counselor, Arts on a Roll Instructor (Former Employee) –  College Park, MDSeptember 17, 2018
I love this job. Every year it got better and better. I learned how to push myself as far as being able to be creative and think quick on my feet. I also gained a lot of friendships.