Maryland Oncology Employee Reviews

Too stressful
Medical Records Technician (Former Employee) –  Rockville, MDJuly 10, 2018
If you like sitting all day maybe it's the perfect job for you. They are kidding when they say sitting for long periods of time. I recommend buying tylenol for pain.
Benefits
Cons
Sitting. Short breaks. Inapropriate people.
Fun place to work
Medical Assistant- Columbia Clinic (Former Employee) –  Columbia, MDApril 8, 2018
Depending on the day, some days can be busier than others. The people there are very nice and fun to work with. Management is also nice. When I needed help it was always given without hesitation. The most enjoyable part about working at this job is getting to know the patients and talking with them.
Overworked and underpaid
Nurse (Former Employee) –  Silver Spring, MDJuly 30, 2017
You will get worked like crazy here. The doctors see about 40 patients each and on average about 4-5 doctors. Some of the doctors are rude. They make so much money and you are underpaid. Free lunch 2-3 days a week.
Pros
Overworked and underpaid
Cons
Good office manager
Very busy & fast paced office
Senior Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Columbia, MDJune 1, 2016
Must be able to multitask --- from checking patients in & out to answering 6 constantly ringing phone lines. Great co-workers & management. Nice place to work for
Pros
free lunch Mon & Thurs
Cons
too far from home
Helping patients dealing with cancer.
Medical Records Tech II (Former Employee) –  Towson, MarylandAugust 26, 2015
I would prepare medical charts three days ahead of the patients appointment. I made sure the medical charts were updated, before the doctor saw the patients. Calling labs for test results such as blood work or urine results, ect. I filled in at the front desk as needed to answer multi phone lines, schedule patients for next appointment. Since I worked at Maryland Oncology, I enjoyed helping out the patients when ever needed. I liked the staff that worked for the company, they were all so helpful.
Pros
Very nice work environment.
Cons
Patient's passing away.