Marymount University Employee Reviews

Excellent employer, Helpful superiors
Campus Safety Officer (Former Employee) –  Arlington, VAJuly 14, 2018
I had a very accommodating interview,hiring process took a while but is worth the wait. I fit in right away with the shift I was assigned. I was very sad to resign from the job. I wont hesitate to go back and work for the university community if life situation permits.
Pros
Helpful senior officers, friendly community
Very developmental
Graduate Assistant (Former Employee) –  Arlington, VAJuly 11, 2018
It is a great place to work. The schedule for work was flexible. The professor's were very helpful if you had a problem or needed to learn something new.
Pros
ability to get free tuition
Cons
not applicable
Meet new people everyday!
Human Resources Student Assistant (Former Employee) –  Arlington, VAJuly 2, 2018
Great environment
Diverse
Flexible hours
Excellent management
training is excellent

I loved working at Marymount University and It was a great opportunity meeting new people from different cultures and backgrounds.
Organized and fun
Resource Library Attendant (Former Employee) –  Arlington, VAJune 28, 2018
I really enjoyed working in the resource library at Marymount University.
I get to put my organizational skills to use and solved problems as they raised .
Productive and great place to do your homework or study if you are a student
Circulation Clerk (Former Employee) –  Arlington, VAMay 10, 2018
Good work environment. Staffs are very helpful and they understand the need to take a day off for school purposes. sometimes is quiet and sometimes is fast base work.
Marymount is a very nice place to work, beautiful view and safety.
Senior Accounts Payable (Former Employee) –  30800 Palos Verdes dr. Rancho Palos Verdes, Ca.May 2, 2018
Beautiful place to work, and excellent group of coworkers, my daily work; first check e-mails, get the mail and send invoices to the different dept. for approvals, if there is a PO match it with the invoice, also do electronic payments. We had a great team work.

I learned not to rush, to take time before you make a mistake, and how to handle difficult situations.
Pros
There was no pressure as longer you do your job and meet deadline
Cons
I don’t have any thing against my job while I work at Marymount.
It was a good side job
Summer Institute Research Scholar (Former Employee) –  Arlington, VAApril 25, 2018
Management was tricky to work around but I was able to develop good communication skills and patience in this work environment, which I consider a plus.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
Management was no bueno
Graduate Assistant (Former Employee) –  Arlington, VAApril 24, 2018
Staff and Faculty at Marymount University are always eager to assist students with whatever they need. The environment at Marymount is conducive to learning. The location is prime as it is close to the nations capital and allows for exploration and internship opportunities.
fun workplace
Summer Camp Coach (Former Employee) –  Arlington, VAApril 9, 2018
amazing place to work, great staff that made the days go by much faster. Management was very helpful and understanding. Work environment was very relaxed and stress free
MU lacks professionalism
Adjunct Professor of History (Former Employee) –  Arlington, VAMarch 25, 2018
I am an alum & former adjunct professor. In 5 years my pay remained $2,400/per course which is less than students pay for 3 credits. Don't value good work.
Pros
location
Cons
low pay, no pay increase, low class students
On-Campus University Jobs for Students
Fashion Network Assistant (Current Employee) –  Arlington, VAMarch 20, 2018
This is a university. The working culture or typical work activities depend entirely on your department, your supervisor(s), and your position. All positions are for full-time students.
Great flexibility
Sr. Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Arlington, VAMarch 19, 2018
The culture at Marymount University is very diverse. Great people to work with who care out the lives of the students. In my current role as Sr. Admin Asst, my role has changed with a change in management. Therefore I'm looking for a role to continue to engage in working with events and more a support role to the VP.
Pros
Flexibility with hours
Cons
change in management
hard work, long hours, low pay
Adjunct Instructor (Former Employee) –  Arlington, VAFebruary 13, 2018
Adjunct work is low paid work, but Marymount is one of the better places I have done this - they are very supportive and inclusive of adjuncts, but the reality is that full time academic jobs are hard to find.
Pros
close by
Cons
low pay; limited opportunity for advancement
Work Studies Student
Work-Studies Student (Former Employee) –  Arlington, VAJanuary 22, 2018
Working part time at MU was a highlight for me, I enjoyed working hand in hand with one of the Universities professors. She truly made the job enjoyable and incorporated learning into my everyday work as well. Since I was a full time college student I was only there temporarily while enrolled in classes at MU. Overall it was a great experience and something I always recommended to friends if they were looking to work on campus.
fun
Campus Safety Advocate (Former Employee) –  Arlington, VADecember 19, 2017
It was nice working for the school that I was a student at. I got to meet a lot of fellow peers while working for the security department. The job was never boring.
Director of Student Engagement (Current Employee) –  Arlington, VADecember 12, 2017
I enjoy working with the students and colleagues. Marymount is committed to service and helping the students understand the importance of academic excellence and giving back to the community.
Student Worker
Resident Assistant (Former Employee) –  Arlington, VANovember 27, 2017
I worked this position while I was a student. Professional employees I worked with seemed to like working for the school very much. Since it is not a large university many times employees leave for higher potions or better pay at other places.
Great to learn different ethnic of cooking
Night Lead Cook (Current Employee) –  Arlington, VANovember 13, 2017
There are over 6 different cooking stations such as pizza, international, sushi, vegetarian, salad and soup, and American style full course meal. With the learning, skills, and following chefs orders they do not mind promotions. We also have high class catering parties which other chefs from surrounding areas come and attended so they can see your performance in the kitchen. Also to give you extra knowledge.
Relaxed Environment
Student Assistant (Current Employee) –  Arlington, VANovember 13, 2017
I learned about clerical work, creating powerpoint, and research. Each day I was assigned different tasks in order to effective contribute to the office and faculty members.
Nice place to work
Campus Safety Officer (Current Employee) –  Arlington, VANovember 8, 2017
Patrolling the campus
I've learned about the campus life
Excellent
Mixed Culture all races
Dealing with college students and children
Clocking in.......