Marywood University

Marywood University Employee Reviews

United States78 reviews

Great sense of community, low pay

Marywood has a great sense of community amongst staff members. It is a great place to work. The only downfall is the pay because it is a private school the pay is rather low. But I didn't get into my job for the money, I got in it to help students reach their goals.

Cons

Pay

Poor leadership created a bad work environment.

I would not recommend working here. Leadership has made a bunch of bad decisions that has caused financial challenges. It is low pay. There has been 1 raise in 10 years. There is no job security because they are always cutting costs. They are also outsourcing different functions. They are now offering buyouts.

Pros

The people are friendly and helpful

Cons

Heavy workload, low pay, no support from senior leadership.

Marywood University insights

What people like
  • Feeling of personal appreciation
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Supportive environment
Areas for improvement
  • Fair pay for job
  • Overall satisfaction
  • General feeling of work happiness

Ga

great I enjoyed it here I really really liked my co-workers and boss I liked my fellow students I like the experience. I liked the benefits I like the skills I learned

Good students, Frustrated Faculty, Low Pay

I worked as an adjunct at Marywood. The class I taught was great, most of the students were upbeat and dedicated. Among the faculty, there was the sense that things were failing overall. Everyone seemed frustrated and like they couldn't wait to retire.The pay was awful. I've been paid better for adjunct positions at other colleges. Although I enjoyed teaching the students, the general spirit of dissatisfaction and the pay do not make it worth it.

Pros

flexible schedule

Cons

low pay

Great atmosphere, excellent facilities

Taught part time. Very low key. Lots of support and terrific facilities. Excellent communication with staff. Plenty of lab and teaching space available for use. Well kept. .

Pros

Flexable, supportive

Cons

Average pay

Wonderful people to work with

There is limited room to grow at Marywood. Compensation is not good. Benefits, if you utilize it all is worth it. Great people as co-workers.

Incompetent executive management.

Zero transparency, and disingenuous management. A culture of snitches, with the goal of staying in the good graces of the President. A revolving door of staff. Many outstanding faculty have left due to the inept leadership of current and past Provosts. All staff feel constant stress of impending termination due to financial distress. Uneven and poorly communicated COVID action plan.

Pros

Leaving campus.

Cons

Poor support staff compensation, steadily decreasing benefits, and a culture of fear and doubt.

Top heavy and poor Administration

They are too top heavy and reward incompetent people with promotions while those that are competent are pooped on. Good place for politicians to work because they like to be told what they want to hear rather then the truth.

Management and co-workers made the workplace feel like home

Marywood University is a great place to work if you are interested in being part of a university staff. I made many friends and had very positive work experiences while working at Marywood. The university has a great security team to keep students and staff members safe. I felt I could connect easily and relate well with virtually everyone with whom I worked.

Pros

Positive, friendly work atmosphere.

Cons

Compensation

Dedicated to the mission

Marywood University has a long tradition of caring for its students and faculty. The mission includes genuine care of the whole person and a commitment to building a just and compassionate society.

Very welcoming University

The professors on the social work department are great along with career advisement. Always something to do on campus but tuition is a bit pricey. Great school.

Good- Freedom to be creative and to my potential.

Interviews, counseling,acceptance, students into the University. To be a great listener, patience, to be consistent and that each student was unique and special. My style is unique and creative. I see each situation special no matter what their ethnicity are. The hardest part was not being able to help all the students reach their goals. Most enjoyable, that students reac their goals

This job is the worst.

Low pay, inept management, understaffing, you name it about this place. Good employees get hounded while bad ones get rewarded. The only great thing about the place were my coworkers.

It was a work study.

No issues at all. I was a professional note taker. I would simply turn in my notes. I would get paid depending on how long it took me to write the notes. It was pretty good deal considering it was something I would have been doing anyway.

Fun and educational

Position allows me to focus on school work when necessary. I enjoy learning new things from the professor and technician of the sculpture studio. Very relaxed work environment.

Downward spiral

This used to be a good university. It has had and continues to have enormous financial problems. The administration is grossly incompetent. Most major administrative positions from president, to provost to deans. HR, admissions etc. seem to turn over every 2 to 3 years. Endless chaos...

Great

Marywood was a great university to attend. They provided the necessary education and extra curricular activities to stay motivated throughout my tenure here.

Great Work/Life Balance

Good job for someone with kids or wants to go back to school. Best vacation time/sick time Culture and systems are antiquated. Management could be better.

Worked part time

Started. Out being a great job then became very stressfull built softball program won at least 20+ games a year went to ncaa coach of the year several times then took a part time job at a different college for a different sport and basically asked to leave

Great place to gain experience

Loved the experience I was able to get while being an adjunct instructor and faculty liaison. Classroom experience increased my comfortably with public speaking.

productive and fun place to work

Management and staff easy to get along with. Good balance between work and personal life. No two days are the same. Always enough work to be done to keep busy.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Marywood University. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.2 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Learn about Marywood University in popular locations

Marywood University reviews by popular job title

• Marywood University