MAS Medical Staffing Employee Reviews

Daily Living Skills worker
Daily Living Skills Support person (Current Employee) –  Lewiston, MENovember 10, 2018
Management was supportive with excellent supervision. Working with Clients was challenging and rewarding. I would recommend this company to others to persue.
Pros
Supportive
Cons
Driving
Flexible, pick and choose your days and hours NH
LNA (Current Employee) –  New HampshireOctober 30, 2018
I was very hesitant about joining an agency, as I heard horror stories. However, I have been with MAS for 5 months now, and I've been having a great experience.

Once you start a facility, you can request to stay there as long as you want. I like how I can pick and choose my hours; and days to work.

Management and staffing; is very persistent on emailing or calling you for confirmation, along with being understanding if something arrises, or if you're not comfortable at a facility.

I like how you can turn in your time slip on mondays; and receive 80% of your check. Great if you're catching up on bills.

Tthe
Pros
flexible, understanding management, reasonable pay, weekly pay
Cons
no PTO time if cancelled, no benefits
Great plave to work
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Syracuse, NYOctober 22, 2018
It's a great place to start a career in customer service and learning skills .. the bosses are good teachers and will have you skilled in no time the experience is wonderful and a great company to work for
Productive and excel in criteria
Licensed Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Londonderry, NHOctober 15, 2018
I traveled daily to new facilities with new requests that had to be met daily. It was challenging but very well worth the experience. The hardest part of the job was adapting to a new facility daily, but the most rewarding part was walking away with full accomplishments.
Understaffed
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Westbrook, MESeptember 21, 2018
I was only sent to one facility to work at and it was always understaffed. They would have 2-3 agency employees working with 32clients. Very difficult to work under these circumstances.
Pros
Clients were very nice.
Cons
Understaffed
does not appreciate their workers
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Portland, MEAugust 23, 2018
I worked for MAS for over 10 years. When a family member passed and I needed time off they were not considerate at all. I was a good worker for 10 years . When I called to see if i could possibly be rehired after i had given my notice properly. They told me they had me on their not to rehire list. I feel that they did not care about the time i went through and i gave them good work for many years as i also worked my full time job.
Poor Management
Recruiter (Former Employee) –  New HampshireAugust 2, 2018
MAS Medical Staffing could be one of the finest establishments in the southern New Hampshire area, if they ever come to the realization that they need to hire a trained Manager and someone educated in Human Resources. Unfortunately, there is an extremely high turn-over at MAS due to lack of these professionals that this company is in dire need of.
Pros
Three hammocks hung outside in summer
Cons
Extremely poor management
Poor staffing
Nurse (Current Employee) –  Rhode IslandJuly 18, 2018
Ive worked in NH , Mass and RI , i find the RI office to be very slow , you will get shifts if that week they like you very political, staffers can be sarcastic and demeaning, its no wonder they have 5 full time ads posted , they have shifts they can't cover BECAUSE the per diem staff is subject to mood swings of the schedulers. The rate is good but if you are not working? ? You obviously dont get paid so the rate means nothing. Im not sure the manager is aware as she covers three offices, as they say when the cats away the mice will play !!.
Pros
Cons
Sketchy staff
Gpod place to work
DSP (Direct Support Professional) (Current Employee) –  Portland, MEJune 25, 2018
Nothing special to say about , its a good place to work and good pay. Good management . The schedule is monthly and its depend on your availability. They have weekly payment.
Pros
Free snaks
Cons
I was per diem no benefits
Excellent place to work
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Providence, RIMay 9, 2018
I have been working for the Mass north providence for several months, I am very grateful to work with you guys, excellent team, very good coordination, and are always available for any questions. excellent salary I love it because I can manage my schedule. I recommend this agency one hundred percent.

Grimilda Galvez
Traveling CNA
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  North Providence, RIApril 22, 2018
Working with MAS was great as long as your flexible with your work schedule. The staffing coordinators are great at finding what your looking for. Some people love traveling and others like to stay close to home,,and they have both! Usually the further the client the higher the pay.
everything is good
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Providence, RIApril 21, 2018
good place to work, they give you different options, they work as a team, they are flexible, they always give you training. evetrhing es good in this company
Pros
gives rewards
Great 13-week contract company
Speech-Language Pathologist - Full Time (Former Employee) –  Highland Park, ILMarch 26, 2018
Flexible benefits package
Rewards for longevity
It is hard to work contracts. Great for short term, hard for long-term. Friendly staff willing to support you in any problems with your site you may have.
Pros
High pay for travel
Cons
low stability with travel
Exellent
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Northampton, MAMarch 17, 2018
this is an excellent agency to work with. But I don't have a lot to say about this agency, They pay not better but fairly. Very good courtesy over the phone.
Cons
Great opportunity for advancement in your career
Home Care RN (Current Employee) –  North Providence, RIFebruary 13, 2018
I have been employed with MAS Medical Staffing and Home care for six years. I started as a CNA then worked my way up to an LPN and now an RN. The office staff has always been courteous and flexible with my schedule allowing me to go to school. Thank you, MAS!
Awesome place to work
Healthcare Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Worcester, MAFebruary 13, 2018
I have been working for MAS Medical Staffing since July of 2017 and I have enjoyed every work day since. MAS has been stress free environment, and with a culture that empowers excellence. I hope to be here for many years to come.
typical
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Westbrook, MEFebruary 5, 2018
overworked underpaid do not back their employees horrible place to work the schedulers are a mess and the facilities they put you in are horrible so short staffed 12 pts to one CNA ratio.
Contract company
Contract Speech-Language Pathologist (Former Employee) –  Kaneohe, HIFebruary 2, 2018
This is a good contract company. They try to keep you working. However, I was dismayed to find out that my contract was actually through another contract company which was never revealed to me. I found out when the other contract company called me. I went to their website and found they offered several bonuses that I was eligible for and was never offered by my recruiter. Other than that, they did offer a competitive rate.
If you consider yourself professional, this isn’t the place for you.
Field Staff (Former Employee) –  Westbrook, MEJanuary 13, 2018
Employees from NH, VT, and MA seem happy, but the Maine division is terribly mismanaged by people who are extremely unprofessional and underqualified. The company itself is an unorganized mess. None of these places are on the same page about anything at all. They seem to only care about making money, not individual employees. There are a few smart people that work here and actually make things run smoother, but this company is filled with rude, unprofessional, and poorly spoken people for the most part.

You can never get ahold of anybody, it takes weeks to get any issues fixed, the rules change depending on the day and depending on the person. This was a really unstructured, difficult place to work.
Pros
Some nice people, not the only agency to work for
Cons
Low pay, hard work, unprofessional people in the office, constantly having problems with pay, can never get a call ba
"One of the Best"
Health Care Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Taunton, MAJanuary 11, 2018
Friendly Office Staff
flexibility, impressive rates, and assignment options in the field
AWESOME REWARDS PROGRAM
great benefits

My job is one of the best because I get to add to the team!
Pros
Rewards program lets you earn a variety of prizes for doing what you normally do!!
Cons
I can't think of anything.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at MAS Medical Staffing. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about