MAS Medical Staffing Employee Reviews

does not appreciate their workers
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Portland, MEAugust 23, 2018
I worked for MAS for over 10 years. When a family member passed and I needed time off they were not considerate at all. I was a good worker for 10 years . When I called to see if i could possibly be rehired after i had given my notice properly. They told me they had me on their not to rehire list. I feel that they did not care about the time i went through and i gave them good work for many years as i also worked my full time job.
Poor Management
Recruiter (Former Employee) –  New HampshireAugust 2, 2018
MAS Medical Staffing could be one of the finest establishments in the southern New Hampshire area, if they ever come to the realization that they need to hire a trained Manager and someone educated in Human Resources. Unfortunately, there is an extremely high turn-over at MAS due to lack of these professionals that this company is in dire need of.
Pros
Three hammocks hung outside in summer
Cons
Extremely poor management
Poor staffing
Nurse (Current Employee) –  Rhode IslandJuly 18, 2018
Ive worked in NH , Mass and RI , i find the RI office to be very slow , you will get shifts if that week they like you very political, staffers can be sarcastic and demeaning, its no wonder they have 5 full time ads posted , they have shifts they can't cover BECAUSE the per diem staff is subject to mood swings of the schedulers. The rate is good but if you are not working? ? You obviously dont get paid so the rate means nothing. Im not sure the manager is aware as she covers three offices, as they say when the cats away the mice will play !!.
Pros
Cons
Sketchy staff
Gpod place to work
DSP (Direct Support Professional) (Current Employee) –  Portland, MEJune 25, 2018
Nothing special to say about , its a good place to work and good pay. Good management . The schedule is monthly and its depend on your availability. They have weekly payment.
Pros
Free snaks
Cons
I was per diem no benefits
Excellent place to work
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Providence, RIMay 9, 2018
I have been working for the Mass north providence for several months, I am very grateful to work with you guys, excellent team, very good coordination, and are always available for any questions. excellent salary I love it because I can manage my schedule. I recommend this agency one hundred percent.

Grimilda Galvez
Traveling CNA
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  North Providence, RIApril 22, 2018
Working with MAS was great as long as your flexible with your work schedule. The staffing coordinators are great at finding what your looking for. Some people love traveling and others like to stay close to home,,and they have both! Usually the further the client the higher the pay.
everything is good
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Providence, RIApril 21, 2018
good place to work, they give you different options, they work as a team, they are flexible, they always give you training. evetrhing es good in this company
Pros
gives rewards
Great 13-week contract company
Speech-Language Pathologist - Full Time (Former Employee) –  Highland Park, ILMarch 26, 2018
Flexible benefits package
Rewards for longevity
It is hard to work contracts. Great for short term, hard for long-term. Friendly staff willing to support you in any problems with your site you may have.
Pros
High pay for travel
Cons
low stability with travel
Exellent
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Northampton, MAMarch 17, 2018
this is an excellent agency to work with. But I don't have a lot to say about this agency, They pay not better but fairly. Very good courtesy over the phone.
Cons
Great opportunity for advancement in your career
Home Care RN (Current Employee) –  North Providence, RIFebruary 13, 2018
I have been employed with MAS Medical Staffing and Home care for six years. I started as a CNA then worked my way up to an LPN and now an RN. The office staff has always been courteous and flexible with my schedule allowing me to go to school. Thank you, MAS!
Awesome place to work
Healthcare Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Worcester, MAFebruary 13, 2018
I have been working for MAS Medical Staffing since July of 2017 and I have enjoyed every work day since. MAS has been stress free environment, and with a culture that empowers excellence. I hope to be here for many years to come.
typical
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Westbrook, MEFebruary 5, 2018
overworked underpaid do not back their employees horrible place to work the schedulers are a mess and the facilities they put you in are horrible so short staffed 12 pts to one CNA ratio.
Contract company
Contract Speech-Language Pathologist (Former Employee) –  Kaneohe, HIFebruary 2, 2018
This is a good contract company. They try to keep you working. However, I was dismayed to find out that my contract was actually through another contract company which was never revealed to me. I found out when the other contract company called me. I went to their website and found they offered several bonuses that I was eligible for and was never offered by my recruiter. Other than that, they did offer a competitive rate.
If you consider yourself professional, this isn’t the place for you.
Field Staff (Former Employee) –  Westbrook, MEJanuary 13, 2018
Employees from NH, VT, and MA seem happy, but the Maine division is terribly mismanaged by people who are extremely unprofessional and underqualified. The company itself is an unorganized mess. None of these places are on the same page about anything at all. They seem to only care about making money, not individual employees. There are a few smart people that work here and actually make things run smoother, but this company is filled with rude, unprofessional, and poorly spoken people for the most part.

You can never get ahold of anybody, it takes weeks to get any issues fixed, the rules change depending on the day and depending on the person. This was a really unstructured, difficult place to work.
Pros
Some nice people, not the only agency to work for
Cons
Low pay, hard work, unprofessional people in the office, constantly having problems with pay, can never get a call ba
"One of the Best"
Health Care Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Taunton, MAJanuary 11, 2018
Friendly Office Staff
flexibility, impressive rates, and assignment options in the field
AWESOME REWARDS PROGRAM
great benefits

My job is one of the best because I get to add to the team!
Pros
Rewards program lets you earn a variety of prizes for doing what you normally do!!
Cons
I can't think of anything.
Awesome Company!!
Health Care Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Taunton, MAJanuary 11, 2018
I have greatly expanded my knowledge since working with my MAS family.. I enjoy interacting with and adding to our team! I plan to stay for a while!!!
Pros
Friendly Environment, Work of employees needs, great compensation and benefits
Cons
nothing
Job was ok; Management sucked
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bangor, MEJanuary 6, 2018
Could never get my schedule on time for the next week and had to deal with not knowing whether I was working until 2 hours before my shift. I liked the fact that I was working all over though.
Love the flexibility
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Bangor, MEDecember 20, 2017
I love having a flexible schedule and being able to pick the facility I worked at I like taking time off to travel and not have to request time off you just don’t pick up shifts the time u want off
Pros
You pick your shifts and your facilities
Cons
No set schedule
Flexible. Perfect for a student
License Practical Nurse (Current Employee) –  Worcester, MADecember 17, 2017
As a current ADN student, the job allows me to pick my own schedule. I am not micro-managed. I am in total control of my hours and choice of facility to work with.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
No benefits. No career growth.
enjoy working with my recruiter
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Londonderry, NHDecember 5, 2017
supportive and knowledgeable staff, available to answer questions and available to help with housing. enjoy the free stuff that they send for completing assignments.
Pros
able to take time off when needed
Cons
limited psych nursing jobs

Ask a question about working or interviewing at MAS Medical Staffing. Our community is ready to answer.