MASCHIO'S FOOD SERVICES

Working at MASCHIO'S FOOD SERVICES: 23 Reviews

United States23 reviews

expect the usual food service BS

administration spread too thin and business growing too fast for them to keep up withwill leave you on an island and act surprised when you become overwhelmed or express any frustration.most employees trash company behind managements back.

Only good if you need afternoon and weekends off

Pay start off low. The only one get paid more is managers and cooks. No benefits at all, unless your full time. They don't have full time for food service associates.

Pros

Easy work, free lunch, Monday-friday, Holidays/summer off

Cons

7 hrs shift, barely one 15 min break, no benefits, no holiday paid, no summer pay, bad raises, no full time, hourly start off low and anyone can be a manager.

MASCHIO'S FOOD SERVICES insights

What people like
  • Ability to learn new things
  • Energizing work tasks
  • Ability to meet personal goals
Areas for improvement
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Sense of belonging
  • Inclusive work environment

All of the above

Maschio is one of the worst companies I have ever worked for. It is so sad that a company will not give the help you need and expect one person to do A LOT of work when it should be two or three people. Management is ridiculous.

Hard work

BREAKFAST PREP FOR 500 kids by myself Lunch prep for 400 kids with kitchen staff place orders daily at home computer system at school are old and outdated enjoy the interaction with kids

Pros

meeting kids and parents daily

Cons

no breaks no lunch and computers are slow and outdated

Perfect for young person or almost retired

Not the type of foodservice job if looking for career growth. not really cooking just reheating and nothing from scratch. It s really basic once you get to know the components of a child's menu consist of. Not every child eats like other nationalities. upper mangement should notice the different cultures and eating habits

Amazing company. We all work together as a family to better the company. Very flexible with our working hours. Great pay. Really good managers helped when needed.

Great company and better people

Great company, The owners are very compassionate and the Supervisor very smart and always landing a helping hand to the other supervisors . I love it

Pros

hours are great, free lunch and travel reimbursements

Cons

need good health benefits

cool place

Besides waking up earlier than the students to get to school, it was cool. Great job if your spouse makes a lot of money and you have kids in school or have graduated already. NO work weekends or holiday.

Pros

free lunch

Cons

raise

Great Company!

Great Company, Just benefits lack. Time off unpaid is very good. management hires within and recognizes hard work. The ownership will promote from within

Okay place to work

Its an okay company. If you are looking for a partime job without benefits, this is a place to work. It is not a bread winning career. Great for moms looking to work for some spending money, but will not pay your bills. Management is under trained and over worked.

Pros

Free lunch

Cons

No benefits, Under paid, Lack of communication

Constant movement

Continual movement Developed a knowledge for properly arranging food products Developed cordial relationships with employees Arduously loaded and unloaded food products for local schools within the region set to operate

Era muy bueno por que estaba en constante moviento

Mi hora de entrada era a las 7:00 y llegaba a ayudar con el desayuno, preparar las galletas entre otras cosas y mi horario de salida era a las 2:00. Me gustaba mucho este trabajo por que hacia muchas cosas. Una de mis cosas favoritas era preprar las galletas

Fast pace workplace but never a dull moment

A typical day at work starts at 5:30am. I oversee 18 school cafeterias (basically I run 18 small businesses) I do the hiring, training, disciplinary actions. I designed the monthly menus for each school. Placed weekly orders. Maintain a professional and constant contact with each Business Administrator/client for each of my schools in making sure the budget and goal is met every year. I over see payroll and marketing aspect of this business. The hardest part of this job is the constant balance that needs to occur daily from phone calls, emails and problem solving. The most enjoyable part of my job is the contact I have with my managers and employees in training all of them to succeed and better themselves to improve their day to day job.

Pros

off on weekends, major holidays and month of July

Cons

company is short staffed when it come to hiring staff

Convenient for moms with young children

It is a fair place to work but pays minimum wage and offers no benefits at all. A big plus to this job is that you do not work in the summer. Great for mom's that want to work around their children's school schedule.

Pros

Great for mom's working around school schedule

Cons

Pays minimum wage and no benefits

horriable place to work

very bad management everyday was rough nothing good to say about this company no compassion towards employees too many meetings for nothing didn't learn anything felt humiliated and not appreciated

Pros

food sucked

Cons

no brake

too much work and DRAMA!

I am a hard worker but come on,,, hard work is ok but the hard drama?? Its very difficult to do your job when ou have zero respect from anyone. When I put phone calls or emails in to upper management, I ws ignored.I ont understand why there isnt a better mix of employees.

Pros

hours

Cons

pay, other employees

agratitude

Worked for them for 10 years. they would give 2% raise and then thru the year take time away and give you more work to do. so by the end of the year you were making less money and more work. After working for them for 10 years I was making less then when i started out after all the time cuts. The final straw was they wanted me to drive a hour more round trip to a different school for 3 hours of work for a little over 9 a hour and when i turned it down they acted like it was a good offer. And keep in mind that I always got a good employee valuation each year that's gratitude for you. And you asked why i stayed because i loved the children and the school staff.

Pros

working with children

Cons

are the way your treated by the company

They don't care about you

Your yearly raise is about 5 cent. Very ,very cheap company. At times you feel like a chicken with your head cut off. They expect you to do the job of 3 people. And some of the menus you honestly need more people to make it the right way. Feeling too rushed. Not a job for everyone. You only do it for the kids

Pros

Love the kids

Cons

Over worked, stinky pay

Too bad doesnt have negative stars

Our children are suffering, prior to their take over it was family based, once they took over it was the bottom line, no thank you through hurricane and saving all the food all the extra time in summer with no pay or thank you. Employees turned to animals working for peanuts.

Pros

Close to home

Cons

If you want to feel appreciated i would skip working for this company!!

I worked here briefly in the fall of 2015. I loved the children that was the reason I took the job and considering I had children in school the scedule worked for me. Well let me tell you the management at maschios was incapable and it got worse with the higher ups. They always believe the word of the school and can care less about there employees. They are on contract with the school and want to keep them at there employess cost. Do yourself a favor and work anywhere but here the summers and great hours aren't worth the constant ridicule!!

Pros

Great part time hours, summers off, kids were great

Cons

More work, less appreciation, horrible management, low pay

Get to feed gross food to great kids

Luckily for Maschio's there is no FDA maximum on salt, sugar or fat. Without hot dogs, cheese or potatoes this company would be one unhappy camper. Did you know that food companies are required to meet with parents I think 2x per year, with your school's reps? If you love them or wish they would feed our kids better, call the school and find out when the next meeting is. Very few parents do this. Newsflash: Kids love carrots -- Just not yucky ones. Insist for fresh, locally grown and carefully made foods for your kids. Did you really have kids to give them salty protein nuggets? Can we afford to pay an extra 20 cents a day for decent food? (Hint: yes) This company doesn't get it -- let's drag them into the 21st century! Management will ultimately be grateful for their own improved health as well as a better feeling about this successful business that actually wins awards for simply showing up and meeting the USDA's sole requirement: "enough protein".

Pros

Good kids

Cons

Old-timey culture and everything frozen from a bag

Common questions about MASCHIO'S FOOD SERVICES

Answered by current and former employees at MASCHIO'S FOOD SERVICES

Ask a question about working or interviewing at MASCHIO'S FOOD SERVICES. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

1.9 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits