Masco Employee Reviews

Cutthroat,bad management
Rack loader operator (Current Employee) –  Mount Jackson, VAOctober 16, 2018
Too much favoritism.family working under family.bosses sleeping\hitting on employees.managemnt is terrible.never know hrs from day to day.shift to shift
Pros
Non
Not bad
Dimensional Inspector (Former Employee) –  Sayre, PAOctober 1, 2018
Really hot in the factory but hours aren't bad and work isn't that difficult. Just tedious is all. I would recommend this job to someone in the area if they were looking
Pros
Pretty Chill place
Cons
Crazy Quotas, hot in factory
Used to be fun, now is ran by a manager who doesn’t appreciate his employees
Quality Auditor (Current Employee) –  Sayre, PASeptember 26, 2018
I used to love my job until it was ran by our current manager. He verbally abuses people, calling them names and degrading them, and nothing has been done. He has changed our attendance policy, and back tracked it to before he was even working there and handed out write ups. Let me be clear, we had an attendance policy that was being followed. He changed it this month (September), and is now back tracking it to January and writing employees up. We regularly hear (like, every day) do this or you’re fired. Very negative workplace. This manager has said several times to “fix it. I don’t know how, but just fix it”. He will not help us or work beside us to try and figure out the problems, but instead yells every day. Corporate has been called, but to my knowledge it has not gotten addressed.
Pros
While I am increasingly unimpressed with management, the regular employees are fun to work with
Cons
Negative environment, bad management, very hot environment
Poor management with lack of leadership.
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Sayre, PASeptember 25, 2018
Decent place with good co-workers. Good the only downfall is they would start the week with mandatory twelve hour days then send you home early when there was no work,so you woud do one or two 12 hour days and not break 40 hours for the week. management played favoritism.
It is a good place to work if your primary focus is money.
Redtag Lead (Current Employee) –  Orwell, OHSeptember 24, 2018
In my opinion you are fairly compensated for the work you are expected to perform. The major problem is the lack of work/life balance. Working 12hrs a day, 4 sometimes 5 days a week leaves no time for family during the week.
Pros
Fair monetary compensation
Cons
Lack of work/life balance
Decent pay
Laborer (Current Employee) –  Mount Sterling, KYSeptember 23, 2018
Decent pay but a lot of hours and not a lot of organization, they only care about numbers there for production and not about anything else, the supervisors are kid back and coworkers are friendly
Good job, kind of stressful
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Sayre, PASeptember 21, 2018
Masco is one of those places that is an acquired taste so-to-speak it is a decent place to work the people and management were good but they often wait until the last minute to notify about overtime
Worse by the day
Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Sayre PennsylvaniaSeptember 14, 2018
I have spent a lot of years at this place (before it was masco) and I have never seen it in such bad shape. The starting pay has gotten better but the vacation time has gotten not so good. A good supervisor is a very rare find in this place anymore. Most of them don't care about your issues, just do your jobs. I say jobs because
as you learn more, you will be expected to do more. Also between the lack of employees and the high turnover rate you will most likely be farmed out to other departments. Most of the floor workers are really good people and will help you out, but like any factory there are plenty of job Milker's ( yes those types) and they seem to get away with it. There have been some big shake ups over the last year or so and it hasn't been for the better. The benefits (medical, dental and eyecare ) are decent and they offer a 401k match. A few times a year they provide you lunch, they do a Halloween and Christmas party for the kids. They also do an annual company picnic. If you can deal with poor floor supervisors, poor training, unorganized situations, unpredictable hours and no one to actually vent your concerns to. Then Masco is the place for you.
Pros
Decent coworkers
Cons
Can be very stressful, bad training, poor floor management
No fair to rate since I haven't worked there in many years
Credit Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Middlefield, OHSeptember 10, 2018
This company was changing when I left and seems to have become more stable. It is unfair to rate due to the long period of time that has passed since I have worked there.
The company had one of the most wonderful cultures I have ever been apart of, but during my last year I had a horrible manager that went against the .
Regional Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 5, 2018
I loved my job and thought I would retire from Behr Paint - Masco Corporation. It is unfortunate that I allowed a bad manager to run me off and my position has been replaced. I still have a close relationship with my team and mentors and my territory never recovered. Because my replacement was never trained, my territory is struggling and it’s teally by no fault of her own.
Pros
Excellent work life balance.
Cons
My manager was very disconnected.
Progressive company
Saless (Former Employee) –  RemoteSeptember 5, 2018
Masco Cabinetry is a leader in the industry. The company is dedicated to their dealers. The sales team is focused on gaining share and improving profitability. The company has many departments supporting this initiative. Masco is a great place to improve an individuals skillset. Their are advancement opportunities for those who excel in their positions. The work load tends to be excessive.
Pros
Industry leader
Cons
excessive workload
Fast paced, hot environment managers are terrible to work for
Door Builder (Current Employee) –  Sayre, PASeptember 5, 2018
You get a lot of time off, if you've been there for a while. Otherwise, they are really strict on your attendance with no flexibility. It's always hot in there.
Pros
Free incentive
Cons
Everything else
It was a decent place to work with good pay
Hang line (Former Employee) –  Atkins, VASeptember 3, 2018
I liked the job I did there. I liked the other employees I worked with. It was a place to learn different skills for different jobs. I enjoyed the time I worked there .
Work place was fast pace good place to work
Line builder (Former Employee) –  Middlefield, OHAugust 31, 2018
I think Masco was a good place to work and I would recommend anyone that can work a good pace job to work there management was good to you and it was a fare pay for me
Poor management
Forklift Operator (Current Employee) –  Mount Sterling, KYAugust 24, 2018
Management has no communication and very poor effort to train employees. Plenty of layoffs. Very low chances to improve yourself in the company. Work load is not paid appropriately
Very hard place to work
Shipping and Receiving Manager (Former Employee) –  Broussard, LAAugust 24, 2018
Workers were not team players which made it difficult to get tasks done in time and correctly. Managing was horrible and would make mistakes and forget things everyday. It was just not ran correctly. No communication skills, manager and parts manager throw you under the bus and take things personal. They are also very mean( they’ve gotten multiple write ups) I wish they could get it together because it could be saved.
Pros
Free lunch barely
Cons
Boss lies, hard to get off for sick kids
It was productive and always had hours
Assembly Worker (Former Employee) –  Middlefield, OHAugust 20, 2018
I love working at Masco Cabinetry. It was just too far of a drive for me. It had a lot to do with team players. You had to work as a team to get the job done.
very organized
Cooperative Education Student (Former Employee) –  Taylor, MIAugust 17, 2018
MASCO CORP.. WAS one of the most professional companies I have ever worked for... Extremely organized and helps employees understand what is needed of them.
was ok company to work for was there over 15yrs
Shipping Clerk (Former Employee) –  Moorestown, NJAugust 6, 2018
was a ok company to work for I was there over 20 something years
Very family oriented Gained a lot of experience working as, ups clerk, shipping clerk, inventory clerk, as well as running the shipping dock.
Pros
Very family oriented
Cons
Not enough pay
Terrible Company
Hospital Operator (Former Employee) –  Longwood Station, MAAugust 5, 2018
If you ever want to go back to sitting at your high school desk with grown people telling you to be quiet come here. You work in a tiny room with 10-15 other people . You have to take incoming calls and also send out pages to doctors, do dispatch among other things. No upward advancement. You come here to die basicially. There is no customer interaction and lots of micromanaging.
Pros
there are none I can think of
Cons
Everything there. They really need to rethink the work model.