Masco Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
was ok company to work for was there over 15yrs
Shipping Clerk (Former Employee) –  Moorestown, NJAugust 6, 2018
was a ok company to work for I was there over 20 something years
Very family oriented Gained a lot of experience working as, ups clerk, shipping clerk, inventory clerk, as well as running the shipping dock.
Pros
Very family oriented
Cons
Not enough pay
Terrible Company
Hospital Operator (Former Employee) –  Longwood Station, MAAugust 5, 2018
If you ever want to go back to sitting at your high school desk with grown people telling you to be quiet come here. You work in a tiny room with 10-15 other people . You have to take incoming calls and also send out pages to doctors, do dispatch among other things. No upward advancement. You come here to die basicially. There is no customer interaction and lots of micromanaging.
Pros
there are none I can think of
Cons
Everything there. They really need to rethink the work model.
Over all ok
Machine operator (Current Employee) –  Sayre, PAAugust 5, 2018
The hours are either feast or famine. Poor management, they put people in charge that know nothing about the job. Machines are old and out dated. Way to much favoritism.
Pros
Make enough to sweak by
Atmosphere or Advancement
Accounts Receivable Specialist (Current Employee) –  Adrian, MIAugust 3, 2018
If you are looking for a more friendly and looser atmosphere then the Adrian office is for you. If you are looking for better pay and advancement opportunities then you want the Ann Arbor office.
not a bad place to work
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Waverly, OHJuly 31, 2018
i wold still be thear if the plant wold not have shut down and moved. was not to bad to work at i had 3 weeks vc time and did get a rase every year..
Not a bad work environment poor managment
Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  Sayre, PAJuly 31, 2018
I operate multiple machines it all depends on what machines have backlog which determine what I'll be running. The machines I have learned include Heeseman sander, Langzuaner veneer saw, Guillotine and a Router. Masco is a very fast paced atmosphere and lots of moving around to other parts of the factory to accomplish getting backlog out. Currently management is poor due to their being one supervisor for all three shifts. The hardest part of the job is learning new machines due to poor training you have to learn how to operate machines almost entirely by yourself. The most enjoyable part of the job is the ability to move around and not be in one spot the whole shift.
Pros
occasional company paid dinners, health insurance, 401K, Dental insurance.
Cons
Poor management, poor training, lack of teamwork
would not recommend this place to my worst enemy
production lead/ machine operator (Former Employee) –  Sayre, PAJuly 2, 2018
I was an employee of 9 years worked as a production lead and machine operator in a lot of departments. there attendance policy sucks and the management team is right there with it. they always pick who they like for jobs instead of who is more qualified and who has more time in the company. I liked my co-workers and employees I never had one person that I could not work well with. if it wasn't for there management and stupid policies people might stay.
Pros
co-workers
Cons
management, company policies
Fun place to work
Continuous Improvement Manager (Former Employee) –  Moorestown, NJJune 26, 2018
I was very happy working at Masco Bath, I would still be with them if they hadn't moved their operations out of state.The company treated you well a d cared for one another.
Horrible
Manager (Current Employee) –  Sayre, PAJune 20, 2018
horrible place to work. they act like they give a and they could not possibly care less. your superiors will always be lying and manipulating. I have never worked in such a terrible place.
Insulation Installer
Insulation Technician (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAJune 14, 2018
Masco is a typical construction company, not a lot of upward movement but a good steady job that pays the bills. The crews were all pretty cool, you are expected to work hard but don't have to kill yourself doing it.
Do not work for this company
Production Operations (Former Employee) –  Waverly, OHJune 9, 2018
This company is unethical, and harmful to the communicates that is targets. Through acquisitions MASCO consumes competitors only to run the plant into the ground. This company harms communities, ignores the safety of its workers, and uses tax dollars to do it. I recommend you research Mills Pride in Waverly, Ohio. Prior to considering applying at any MASCO affiliate.
Decent job. Not a career.
Class III Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  Quicksburg, VAJune 4, 2018
I’ve been here for almost 5 years. It’s a decent place to work. I’ve had my good days and bad days. I wouldn’t mind working there for longer but I feel there is just a lack of advancement. I’m 25 and the other class 3 employees who have been there for 30+ years make the same amount per hour as myself.
Pros
Decent pay, straight forward schedules
Cons
Short breaks, lazy management
Excellent
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Daytona Beach, FLMay 25, 2018
Great leadership. and one of the industry leaders. Innovative and employee focused. t has changed a little but still holds founders values and entrepreneur spirt. Hard work is rewarded
Great career opportunity
South Florida Spoke Manager (Former Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLMay 24, 2018
Advancement potential with skillset.
Management and HR involvement is top notch
Career objectives can be achieved
Decent pay for the work you are expected to complete
Pros
Great company
Cons
Work life versus off time
Upper management not employee friendly
Department lead (Former Employee) –  Sayre, PAMay 19, 2018
Upper management treats employees as if they are children. They set unattainable expectations and change rules to set an unfavorable work environment.
Pros
Good pay and benefits
Cons
Bad management, short breaks and production 1st mentality
Opportunity for cross training
Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  Sayre, PAMay 16, 2018
Great opportunity for learning different jobs and roles within your paygrade.

Safety is number 1 priority with the company. Opportunity to be a part of the safety team.
Pros
Competitive wages
Cons
Lack of work/homelife balance
Enjoyed working there. Everyone helped everyone.
Demension Department (Former Employee) –  Sayre, PAApril 20, 2018
Overtime hours were always offered. Stayed busy the whole shift. Hardest part was when you had 3 or more different sizes of wood on one line that only asked for 2 different sizes, which then you'd have to check the board to see where they belonged. Very fast pace work environment.
Pros
Pay raise, experience, overtime being an option.
Cons
Competition, heat and the rules for wardrobe.
Don't work here
Parts Puller, (Former Employee) –  Duncanville, TXApril 8, 2018
seriously don't work here, management has no idea what they are doing, they want to work your butt off for little pay, they expect too much and are willing to give nothing. Training here also terrible.
Pros
Cons
the job
Masci
Adminstrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAApril 8, 2018
I believe masco was a good work place enviorment everyone was friendly the office was organized and comfortable to work at!!! I would recomnend yhis job to others !!
i hate it here
Agency Associate (Current Employee) –  Middlefield, OHApril 6, 2018
I was employed as a contract worker. I did data entry for the cabinet orders. I was terribly mistreated everyday, im not sure if it was because of my race or job status. I literally dreaded going to work, the atmosphere was so toxic, being commonly referred to as "the temp" instead of my name. I would not recommended.