Masco Employee Reviews

Insulation Installer
Insulation Technician (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAJune 14, 2018
Masco is a typical construction company, not a lot of upward movement but a good steady job that pays the bills. The crews were all pretty cool, you are expected to work hard but don't have to kill yourself doing it.
Do not work for this company
Production Operations (Former Employee) –  Waverly, OHJune 9, 2018
This company is unethical, and harmful to the communicates that is targets. Through acquisitions MASCO consumes competitors only to run the plant into the ground. This company harms communities, ignores the safety of its workers, and uses tax dollars to do it. I recommend you research Mills Pride in Waverly, Ohio. Prior to considering applying at any MASCO affiliate.
Decent job. Not a career.
Class III Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  Quicksburg, VAJune 4, 2018
I’ve been here for almost 5 years. It’s a decent place to work. I’ve had my good days and bad days. I wouldn’t mind working there for longer but I feel there is just a lack of advancement. I’m 25 and the other class 3 employees who have been there for 30+ years make the same amount per hour as myself.
Pros
Decent pay, straight forward schedules
Cons
Short breaks, lazy management
Excellent
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Daytona Beach, FLMay 25, 2018
Great leadership. and one of the industry leaders. Innovative and employee focused. t has changed a little but still holds founders values and entrepreneur spirt. Hard work is rewarded
Great career opportunity
South Florida Spoke Manager (Former Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLMay 24, 2018
Advancement potential with skillset.
Management and HR involvement is top notch
Career objectives can be achieved
Decent pay for the work you are expected to complete
Pros
Great company
Cons
Work life versus off time
Upper management not employee friendly
Department lead (Former Employee) –  Sayre, PAMay 19, 2018
Upper management treats employees as if they are children. They set unattainable expectations and change rules to set an unfavorable work environment.
Pros
Good pay and benefits
Cons
Bad management, short breaks and production 1st mentality
Opportunity for cross training
Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  Sayre, PAMay 16, 2018
Great opportunity for learning different jobs and roles within your paygrade.

Safety is number 1 priority with the company. Opportunity to be a part of the safety team.
Pros
Competitive wages
Cons
Lack of work/homelife balance
Enjoyed working there. Everyone helped everyone.
Demension Department (Former Employee) –  Sayre, PAApril 20, 2018
Overtime hours were always offered. Stayed busy the whole shift. Hardest part was when you had 3 or more different sizes of wood on one line that only asked for 2 different sizes, which then you'd have to check the board to see where they belonged. Very fast pace work environment.
Pros
Pay raise, experience, overtime being an option.
Cons
Competition, heat and the rules for wardrobe.
Don't work here
Parts Puller, (Former Employee) –  Duncanville, TXApril 8, 2018
seriously don't work here, management has no idea what they are doing, they want to work your butt off for little pay, they expect too much and are willing to give nothing. Training here also terrible.
Pros
Cons
the job
Masci
Adminstrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAApril 8, 2018
I believe masco was a good work place enviorment everyone was friendly the office was organized and comfortable to work at!!! I would recomnend yhis job to others !!
i hate it here
Agency Associate (Current Employee) –  Middlefield, OHApril 6, 2018
I was employed as a contract worker. I did data entry for the cabinet orders. I was terribly mistreated everyday, im not sure if it was because of my race or job status. I literally dreaded going to work, the atmosphere was so toxic, being commonly referred to as "the temp" instead of my name. I would not recommended.
Great people
Scanner/Order Picker/Packer (Former Employee) –  Brantford, ONApril 5, 2018
- Package plumbing parts in bags.
- Working in a fast pace job.
- Learning new things.
- Management was fun to work with.
- Working with good people.
Pros
Pizza days
Cons
Noise of the place
Mandatory overtime every week
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Middlefield, OHMarch 29, 2018
Do not plan on a life outside of work. Mandatory overtime every single week for years. Management says it will get better but it just kept getting worse. Some Saturdays are mandatory as well.
Pros
Pay was great
Cons
No sick days, mandatory overtime
Worse management ever
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Mt. Sterling, KYMarch 22, 2018
I worked there for 2 years at first it was ok but it keep getting worse the management would set stuff in place that didnt work and instead of admitting failure the kept pressing it trying to get it to work and if one the rivalry aginst the management was gone work would probably go smoother but that will never happen what needsnto happen is all the supervisors need fired and people that is qualified brought in to do the job right
Construction
Construction Craft Laborer (Former Employee) –  Hampton, VAMarch 19, 2018
My job consisted of installing mirrors,shelves,bath hardware and shower doors. Work is done on piece rate ,the more you install the more money you make.
Pros
Lot of driving
Cons
Seeing new homes
A sweatshop with great depression vibes.
Cabinet builder (Former Employee) –  Duncanville,TXMarch 11, 2018
This place sucks, it's hot first off, the work is fairly easy but tiring ! You get 3 breaks but the break room is so classless & dirty it's sad. Old school equipment, dirty dirty dirty place. Insulin hanging out of the walls, cobwebs in the ceiling. The bathrooms are a DISGRACE, the people up there don't even wash their hands GROSS. They force you to count during morning exercises. Training is trash they show you 3 times how to do something then boom you on your own for the next 3 hours until they remember they're training you. The pay isn't even worth it honestly. Not friendly or welcoming people, they watch you struggle with a task and don't even help. I would not not recommend someone working here.
Pros
Leaving during breaks to escape that AWFUL place for a good 30 minutes.
Cons
Having to come back after break is over.
position with the company would have been better if I had a better manager with more people managemant skills.
Builder Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 5, 2018
Typical workday in my territory was 12 -16 hour days. I did learn more specific group of business management skills and market projection from top CFO managers.
No Personal Life
Sprayer (Current Employee) –  Orwell, OHMarch 4, 2018
At Kraftmaid you are a machine not a person. The 4 - 10 hour days are just a dream. I worked at plant 3 for a year and never see a 10 hour day or a 40 hour week (except the week of vacation). 12 hours every day and some Saturdays. They hand out attendance points like candy. If you have young kids you will spend your paycheck for daycare. You will only see them on the weekends if your not working. It will take you 2 years to make top wage.
Pros
Decent pay after 2 years.
Cons
No personal time.
Like any other large corporation
Marketing Manager (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INFebruary 20, 2018
Stressful but good teams.
The corporation owns many companies/brands which allows good collaboration with other businesses. This was helpful in dealing with big box retailers.
Pros
Good benefits
Old school manufacturing with one foot in last century
Facility Engineering and Maintenance Manager (Current Employee) –  Duncanville, TXFebruary 19, 2018
Culture is fast paced, high stress with high results expectations with little true support from management. Training is minimal at best with the mediocre results that follow. High personnel turn over in most departments including management. There is a nice ERP software system they use to track productivity, but there is no software provided for maintenance and they must rely on paper documentations.
Pros
Lots of overtime
Cons
Lots of mandatory overtime