Masco Employee Reviews

Not a bad work environment poor managment
Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  Sayre, PAJuly 31, 2018
I operate multiple machines it all depends on what machines have backlog which determine what I'll be running. The machines I have learned include Heeseman sander, Langzuaner veneer saw, Guillotine and a Router. Masco is a very fast paced atmosphere and lots of moving around to other parts of the factory to accomplish getting backlog out. Currently management is poor due to their being one supervisor for all three shifts. The hardest part of the job is learning new machines due to poor training you have to learn how to operate machines almost entirely by yourself. The most enjoyable part of the job is the ability to move around and not be in one spot the whole shift.
Pros
occasional company paid dinners, health insurance, 401K, Dental insurance.
Cons
Poor management, poor training, lack of teamwork
Worse by the day
Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Sayre PennsylvaniaSeptember 14, 2018
I have spent a lot of years at this place (before it was masco) and I have never seen it in such bad shape. The starting pay has gotten better but the vacation time has gotten not so good. A good supervisor is a very rare find in this place anymore. Most of them don't care about your issues, just do your jobs. I say jobs because
as you learn more, you will be expected to do more. Also between the lack of employees and the high turnover rate you will most likely be farmed out to other departments. Most of the floor workers are really good people and will help you out, but like any factory there are plenty of job Milker's ( yes those types) and they seem to get away with it. There have been some big shake ups over the last year or so and it hasn't been for the better. The benefits (medical, dental and eyecare ) are decent and they offer a 401k match. A few times a year they provide you lunch, they do a Halloween and Christmas party for the kids. They also do an annual company picnic. If you can deal with poor floor supervisors, poor training, unorganized situations, unpredictable hours and no one to actually vent your concerns to. Then Masco is the place for you.
Pros
Decent coworkers
Cons
Can be very stressful, bad training, poor floor management
It is a good place to work if your primary focus is money.
Redtag Lead (Current Employee) –  Orwell, OHSeptember 24, 2018
In my opinion you are fairly compensated for the work you are expected to perform. The major problem is the lack of work/life balance. Working 12hrs a day, 4 sometimes 5 days a week leaves no time for family during the week.
Pros
Fair monetary compensation
Cons
Lack of work/life balance
Still working
Commercial Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CANovember 6, 2018
Great company to work for. One of the best team driven company I have ever worked for. This company really cares for the employee and their families. You get great benefits and a place you love to work.
Pros
Great Benefits/Pay
Cons
Alot of driving
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Mount Jackson, VAOctober 27, 2018
Good people nice working environment give u opportunity to move up in the company also benifits are real good for the employees i really enjoyed the job
Pros
Good people
Cons
Short breaks
Enjoyed working there. Everyone helped everyone.
Demension Department (Former Employee) –  Sayre, PAApril 20, 2018
Overtime hours were always offered. Stayed busy the whole shift. Hardest part was when you had 3 or more different sizes of wood on one line that only asked for 2 different sizes, which then you'd have to check the board to see where they belonged. Very fast pace work environment.
Pros
Pay raise, experience, overtime being an option.
Cons
Competition, heat and the rules for wardrobe.
Used to be fun, now is ran by a manager who doesn’t appreciate his employees
Quality Auditor (Current Employee) –  Sayre, PASeptember 26, 2018
I used to love my job until it was ran by our current manager. He verbally abuses people, calling them names and degrading them, and nothing has been done. He has changed our attendance policy, and back tracked it to before he was even working there and handed out write ups. Let me be clear, we had an attendance policy that was being followed. He changed it this month (September), and is now back tracking it to January and writing employees up. We regularly hear (like, every day) do this or you’re fired. Very negative workplace. This manager has said several times to “fix it. I don’t know how, but just fix it”. He will not help us or work beside us to try and figure out the problems, but instead yells every day. Corporate has been called, but to my knowledge it has not gotten addressed.
Pros
While I am increasingly unimpressed with management, the regular employees are fun to work with
Cons
Negative environment, bad management, very hot environment
Upper management not employee friendly
Department lead (Former Employee) –  Sayre, PAMay 19, 2018
Upper management treats employees as if they are children. They set unattainable expectations and change rules to set an unfavorable work environment.
Pros
Good pay and benefits
Cons
Bad management, short breaks and production 1st mentality
Outstanding workplace
Help Desk Technician (Former Employee) –  Livonia, MIApril 9, 2018
Outstanding workplace. I love the culture at Masco and the benefits are what you would expect from a fortune 500 company. There was a hiring freeze when I worked here as an intern which made it difficult to become an employee. Otherwise I would love to work for Masco and I would recommend it to anyone.
The company had one of the most wonderful cultures I have ever been apart of, but during my last year I had a horrible manager that went against the .
Regional Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 5, 2018
I loved my job and thought I would retire from Behr Paint - Masco Corporation. It is unfortunate that I allowed a bad manager to run me off and my position has been replaced. I still have a close relationship with my team and mentors and my territory never recovered. Because my replacement was never trained, my territory is struggling and it’s teally by no fault of her own.
Pros
Excellent work life balance.
Cons
My manager was very disconnected.
Decent Job
General Labor (Former Employee) –  Orwell, OHOctober 26, 2018
This job is good if you need something right away as their always hiring. The pay is okay and can increase over time which is a plus but the hours don't allow you to have much of a life outside of working there.
Pros
Job security
Cons
Too many hours
Good and Bad
Accounting Manager (Former Employee) –  Daytona Beach, FLOctober 21, 2018
Great people to work with developed life long friendships. Leadership instituted a bad Work/Life/Balance culture. Pressure to produce reporting that no one looked at and employees pushed to stay for long hours.
Pros
Team Atmosphere
Cons
Work Life Balance
Decent job. Not a career.
Class III Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  Quicksburg, VAJune 4, 2018
I’ve been here for almost 5 years. It’s a decent place to work. I’ve had my good days and bad days. I wouldn’t mind working there for longer but I feel there is just a lack of advancement. I’m 25 and the other class 3 employees who have been there for 30+ years make the same amount per hour as myself.
Pros
Decent pay, straight forward schedules
Cons
Short breaks, lazy management
Great career opportunity
South Florida Spoke Manager (Former Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLMay 24, 2018
Advancement potential with skillset.
Management and HR involvement is top notch
Career objectives can be achieved
Decent pay for the work you are expected to complete
Pros
Great company
Cons
Work life versus off time
Progressive company
Saless (Former Employee) –  RemoteSeptember 5, 2018
Masco Cabinetry is a leader in the industry. The company is dedicated to their dealers. The sales team is focused on gaining share and improving profitability. The company has many departments supporting this initiative. Masco is a great place to improve an individuals skillset. Their are advancement opportunities for those who excel in their positions. The work load tends to be excessive.
Pros
Industry leader
Cons
excessive workload
Good money
Contractor (Former Employee) –  West Des Moines, IAOctober 23, 2018
There isn't much room for advancement. Piece work, will get paid based off how much work there is to complete. The good thing about Masco is, that you get to make you own schedule based of how much work there is.
Terrible Company
Hospital Operator (Former Employee) –  Longwood Station, MAAugust 5, 2018
If you ever want to go back to sitting at your high school desk with grown people telling you to be quiet come here. You work in a tiny room with 10-15 other people . You have to take incoming calls and also send out pages to doctors, do dispatch among other things. No upward advancement. You come here to die basicially. There is no customer interaction and lots of micromanaging.
Pros
there are none I can think of
Cons
Everything there. They really need to rethink the work model.
Highly Productive
Production Lead (Current Employee) –  Sayre, PAAugust 26, 2017
On a typical day I am seen overseeing and leading a team in various aspects of production and delivery of material to my customer. During my time at Masco I have learned leadership, commutative, and certification type skills. As a team leader I like to think my team enjoys the type of atmosphere I represent which is a safe, competitive, and goal setting and exceeding style. The hardest part of the job is when there are issues that sometimes I can’t seem to wrap my hands around due to lack of knowledge. I may not be able to put the problem to rest as fast as I would like. The most enjoyable aspect of the job is feeling of accomplishment when my team and I are able to make and sometimes exceed our daily goals.
Pros
Good Benefits
Cons
Short Lunch and Long hours/Weekends
good placed to gain manufacturing experience
Senior Production Planner/Scheduler (Former Employee) –  Vista, CADecember 11, 2017
Work Schedule and benefits are the best of the company. Management hard to change all being in company for many years more than 20 plus years. Which it makes it hard to anyone to advance in any direction in the company.
Pros
great benefits and great employees
Cons
Management unable to change no opportunity to growth
Like any other large corporation
Marketing Manager (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INFebruary 20, 2018
Stressful but good teams.
The corporation owns many companies/brands which allows good collaboration with other businesses. This was helpful in dealing with big box retailers.
Pros
Good benefits