Masimo Employee Reviews

Great Place to Work
Product Marketing Intern (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAMarch 2, 2018
My manager was excellent. The manager served as a very knowledgeable mentor and advisor that helped challenge my skills and improve as a professional. The most difficult part of the role was gaining buy-in and time from key stakeholders from other departments. However, I understand that my projects were probably not as high a priority for others. I enjoyed the company culture the most. People regularly went out to play sports or pursue hobbies/activities during their lunch break. It was okay to take a longer lunch break as long as the assigned work was completed. The flexible hours made work much more enjoyable.
Pros
Lunch n' Learns, Interaction with Executives, Product Workshops
Territory Manager
Account Representative II (Current Employee) –  United StatesFebruary 25, 2018
Very competitive sale that will keep you busy calling on multiple departments and specialties of the hospital. Cadillac product with clinical advantages but hospitals are starting to see core product as a commodity and will create major challenges when they tighten their budgets.
Pros
Quality Product
Cons
Product seen more as a luxury than necessity
The CEO was a pleasant person who had a good understanding of the company goal.
Senior Test Engineer (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CANovember 29, 2017
Start of the day with testing. The lab was open to all users and the development team worked well with the SQA test team.
The office was dog-friendly. Most of the employees worked very well together
Amazing Company
Customer Service/Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAAugust 16, 2017
Awesome culture - Great monetary rewards - Advancement available actually encouraged - Great Christmas parties - Enjoyed each day - Management is amazing !!!
Productive and fun workplace
Compliance Specialist (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CAAugust 14, 2017
Excellent work environment to learn about great medical device products and corresponding policies. Everyone is friendly and helpful, which makes for a productive work place.
Hard Working and Friendly Environment
Medical Assembler, Dye Attacher (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAJuly 1, 2017
I enjoyed working here and I would love to work on the team again. I enjoy working with individuals who are willing to help others. This company has left a great impact on myself and the world.
Pros
Benefits, great team
Cons
Difficult to move up positions, commute distance
Masimo is very focused
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAJune 4, 2017
Masimo provides a very challenging environment. They make good products and always wants the best employees. Work-life balance could be better with more chances for promotion.
1 of the worst company ever
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAMay 31, 2017
One of the worst companies I've worked for. Poor management and poor training program. My supervisor literally threw me with people who didn't know English and expected me to learn. My supervisor himself browsed the web all day and was on the phone literally all day with his wife. Boring place and really cheap pay.
Pros
Great company events
Cons
Poor management, low pay
Decent Foot in the door
Supply Chain Management/Logistics Intern (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAMay 3, 2017
Good company that will reward good work ethic and hard work. A place that will reward employees for dedication and time invested. No good deed goes unnoticed.
great starting point
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CADecember 14, 2016
If you want to get your feet wet with medical devices this is a good place to start. You will meet a lot of people, and learn a lot. You do need to be a "pitbull" and stand your ground.
Productive and fun workplace with intelligent co-workers
Clinical Lab Assistant (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CAMarch 29, 2016
A typical day at works involves a lot of subject interaction and use of medical equipments such as leads, blood pressure cuffs, running blood samples, and placing finger sensors. Working here has taught me to be extremely detail oriented and aware of what goes on in my surroundings. It has also allowed me to have intellectual conversations with physicians and nurses who work alongside me. The most enjoyable part of my job is working with intelligent people who challenge me to learn more.
Pros
friendly workplace, great job, learn alot
Cons
a lot of paperwork
Kinda easy
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CADecember 16, 2015
I worked on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday night from 4 pm to 4 am.
I have learned how to operate and fix machines. Otherwise, in this job, I needed to manage the time. The goal is testing as many electrical parts as I could.
The hardest and the most enjoyable part of the job are troubleshooting and fixing machines. It's pretty hard at first, but after one week, I can run it smoothly.
My co-workers are friendly, we just were 4 people in my shift.
Ok
Mechanical Engineer (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CAOctober 29, 2015
I prefer more of a start-up creative R&D environment, but if that's not your cup of tea, this would be the perfect fit. And this should complete my 20 word minimum for this section.
Like being back in high school....
Clinical Specialist (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAJune 16, 2014
After working as a Respiratory Therapist for years, I thought I hit the jackpot with a Clinical Specialist position. I quickly learned that I made a huge mistake taking this position. First and foremost, the job specifications were grossly mislead in all my interviews. If you take this position, you'll never be home. Second, I was warned by a coworker to not trust anyone. And I found out quickly, these people will lie, cheat and do whatever they have to, to advance themselves. They will bold face lie to you, give you wrong information, so you make mistakes to make themselves look better. You really can't trust anyone. It's like working with a pack of wolves. That includes management, who play favorites and talk behind your back. This company knows it has issues, evidenced by the 1+ hour exit interview that HR was begging to know why I left and admitted they can't keep anyone. This was, by far, one of my worst experiences ever. Not worth the money or headache....much rather stay bedside.
Pros
Great salary
Cons
Awful coworkers/management, intense travel
On the road to nowhere
Clinical Specialist (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAFebruary 19, 2014
Enjoyed my work immensely. Did not enjoy the politics or nepotism at all. The products are amazing, the Clinical Specialist team as a whole is great but a few really bad apples spoil the bunch. The VP talks a great game but is basically full of it. The new structure with regional managers is a joke, its more about who you are friends with then who is qualified. The pay is good, the benefits are too. But the gossip and rumors are out of control. Sad, I planned to spend my career with them but too much drama.
Pros
Travel, friendly people
Cons
Drama, lies, egos mostly amongst "managers"
Disorganized and unprofessional
clinical specialist (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAFebruary 12, 2014
Team members were very unprofessional and disrespectful to customers and new team members. Traveling with immature middle-aged unorganized people was awful.
Pros
Travel agent, per diem
Cons
Disorganized installs, disrespectful coworkers
Autocratic bunch of no-goods
Sr. Internal Auditor/Trainer (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAMarch 2, 2013
The Compliance Management are afraid of their lifes of the Engineering Group. The Quality Group is totally disfunctional.
Cons
all cons
great sales team, misguided management, comp plan well below industry average
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CANovember 19, 2012
great products, misguided management, talented sales team.
Pros
clinical support is among the best in the industry
Cons
"feast or famine" comp plan, leaves many reps hungry for long stretches of time, no bell curve for making plan, most reps simply don't.