Masonic Care Community Employee Reviews

Management Poor
Home Care (Former Employee) –  Health FacilityApril 2, 2018
Beware....of working here....employees work hard, but management is not supportive of their employees. Do not listen to concerns of their employees, and HR is known to be the most unsupportive /nasty backstabbing department on the Campus. Employees can be treated unfairly by management and HR does nothing to resolve the issues. Residents are wonderful. If you complain to HR about harassment, they do nothing but blame employee. Wonder if that is why they have to advertise so much for jobs. Very depressing place to work. Upper management conspires with HR and decides your fate.
Pros
Residents
Cons
Unsupportive Environment
Down hill home care
Home care worker (Former Employee) –  Utica, NYMarch 28, 2018
As years go on this place goes down hill worse and worse Bring new management on with a bad reputation brings there friends. Many double standards. Think they need to micro manage and stand over you did great before you came Bringing the place down. Not aloud to talk or get out of your seat without asking while manager and friends can talk laugh have cigarette break over and over. Would never recommend some one work here or allow them to use home care.
Pros
Not many
Cons
No breaks not aloud to talk to other i workers
Not a good place to work
Dining Room Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Utica, NYMarch 26, 2018
Poor management. Rude residents. Also poor workers with low work ethic. No training for job. Good health benefits though. Insurance started a few weeks after I started work.
Pros
Health benefits
Cons
Above...
Beware lies told to bring you in
Office worker (Former Employee) –  Utica, NYMarch 17, 2018
worst place to work they say you can go to hr with problems but they do nothing neither does the ceo. No support. Poor management not aloud breaks unless you smoke
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
No breaks can’t get up without telling soneone
Low wages
Payroll Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Utica, NYMarch 3, 2018
Low wages and no room to advance. Pay was not fair. My boss was a micromanager and didn't do much to support me The benefits were the only good thing about working there.
benefits
Quick paced
Food Service Worker (Current Employee) –  Utica, NYDecember 23, 2017
It was quick paced but it makes the day pass quickly. It was diverse so you meet different people. Management was not that good, that is the only downside.
Productive and fun workplace
Student Worker (Former Employee) –  Utica, NYDecember 23, 2017
masonic care is a great environment to work in. they have great people to work with and everyone is so nice. Everyone is willing to help you out regardless of the cost.
team effort
Charge LPN (Former Employee) –  Utica, NYSeptember 26, 2017
enjoyed the clients and my co-workers. Couldn't have asked for better team to work with. Management could be difficult and expect the impossible at times
Pros
great atmosphere
Cons
poor management
Great place but hard to advance
Food Service Worker (Current Employee) –  Utica, NYAugust 24, 2017
Great place to work, culture there is very diverse, hard to advance in certain departments, co-workers are very helpful, everyone is a team member with the same outlook. We're all there to help the residents and to make their home more comfortable for them.
Neighborhood Manager (Former Employee) –  Utica, NYAugust 1, 2017
Management is supportive and very patient centered. Benefits are good. Work environment is very home like and comfortable. Great team of staff and management work together with onsite physicians to provide outstanding care.
Pros
Team environment
Good work place clean and welcoming
PCA Personal Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Utica, NYJune 8, 2017
Love helping the elderly and hearing there stories of when they grew up what they did in the past I have certificate of application from Masonic home on 5 years of working with them loved my job
Pros
Good community
Phenomenal place for the elderly. Loved with the elders, along with my many very friendly, helpful co-workers. Whom i've made into lifetime friends
Residence aide (Former Employee) –  Utica, NYMay 16, 2017
The most enjoyable part of the job was getting to interact with the residents & hearing about their life stories. A typical day at work could be very stressful at times as I was a float for awhile so there was a lot of change when it came to new floors, meaning new faces, wants/needs from the residents. Very fast pace especially when it came to meal times & getting daily cleanings done on that household while not serving meals. Management was different for every floor some more strict than others, but all had 1 common goal & that was to look out for the best interests for their residents on their households.
Pros
getting to meet the residents
Cons
not always enough time to get all the job duties, while working on the rehab floor residents only stayed for a couple days before leaving.
nice place to work
Maintenance / Plant Operations Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Utica, NYMarch 25, 2017
nice place to work hours are good. people are friendly residents love to talk. lots of activities for employees and residents to do and have fun. gift shop is full of good stuff.
Pros
beneifits
Cons
Masonic Care Community i dont think its a fun place to work .
Dietary (Former Employee) –  Utica, NYFebruary 1, 2017
I really didn't learn a lot things at Masonic Care Community .Management is really bad .
And the work was really hard , i didn't enjoy any part of job and my coworkers either . And that was my reason for leaving .
Excellent communication comfortable work environment
Resident Aide (Current Employee) –  Utica, NYAugust 20, 2016
As a part timer who works full time hours I am not offered sick time or paid leave time this is the only thing I don't not like about this job. Masonic is a beautiful place to work overall st aff is helpful and kind. Breaks are givin 3 times in a 8 hour shift and they're flexible with scheduling
Licensed Practical Nursing Experience
Licensed Practical Nurse (Former Employee) –  Utica, NYJuly 26, 2016
Working at Masonic Care Community was an enjoyable learning experience as I started as a Certified Nursing Assistant while attending college to become a Licensed Practical Nurse.
A great place to work.
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Utica, NYNovember 10, 2015
A typical day at work was great. I really enjoy this job because I get to help people that really need the help. My coworkers are great people to work with. At Masonic we work as a team and that makes work so much more better. The hardest part about the job is getting close to my residents and having them leave the facility or passing away.
Pros
spending time with people who need it the most.
Cons
The hours were the worst part about the job.
Masonic Care Community
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  NYJuly 29, 2015
An amazing place to work. It Is beyond rewarding to help people with their everyday lives, making it a better living experience for those who cannot live on their own.
summary
Licensed Practical Nurse (Former Employee) –  Utica, NYJune 29, 2015
I have spent most of my nursing employment at Masonic Care Community. My level of learning skills and sound knowledge we learned primarily through working directly with physicians and experienced RNs. The teamwork on my unit with all staff members made the unit homelike and pleasant. I enjoyed working with the staff and for the residents, some truly becoming like family.
Pros
The benefits were very affordable, and wages were good.
Cons
frequent short staffing
Great place to work at
Nursing Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Utica, NYJanuary 7, 2015
I do per diem RN supervisor and most of my day consists of checking on residents that have had change in condition, continuos education of staff on policy and procedures,supervision of the other nurses, aids and residents aids, staffing. I truly enjoy this job as everyone works together to bring the best outcome for the residents.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Masonic Care Community. Our community is ready to answer.

Masonic Care Community Reviews by Location