Masonic Homes of Kentucky, Inc. Employee Reviews

Beautiful facility, that's it
Nurse (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYJuly 31, 2018
I wanted to work here because it's a non-profit organization. They are opposite, they only care about the money. They always work short especially the nurses. You have nurses call in and some are not call no show. You don't get no help from the department managers. According to the DON they are not there to do nursing work. Then what are they there for? You hear a lot about the new apartments that cost $800,000 dollars and that they are all taken. In orientation they push customer service and greeting people down your throat, but when you actually get on the floor the staff won't even say hello to you. The CNA's are the worse! They do what they want. There is no call lights so they are suppose to carry around beepers which most of them don't. They are seen talking on their cell phones while pushing residents down the hall. It's a shame. The DON knows all about it. That's the sad part. He needs to go before things will get any better. I could go on and on. They also low ball their nurses on their pay. They say they are competitive with there starting pay, but there not. If you're a nurse don't waste your time applying or working here. All the places I have worked the CNA's were always a big help to me. Here you not only have to do your job as a nurse, but while the CNA's sit on there butts you are also doing their jobs.
Pros
Cons
See above statement.....
August 7, 2018

Remarkable service is one of our core values and I am very sorry that your experience was different. We take feedback to heart and look for opportunities to improve. I hope that you will call me at (502) 753-8893 to share more details. Trasee Whitaker, CHRO

Decent place to work
LPN (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYJune 27, 2018
Masonic Homes is a good place to work compared to other facilities in the area. Staffing ratio is excellent and the care for the residents is generally good. The only drawbacks is that it is very cliquish. Management has favorites and they are terrible about promoting from within. Promotions are given for positions that are never even posted within the facility. If you find out and request an interview for the position they never even take the time to interview you.
Pros
Pay
August 12, 2018

Hello there, thank you; we appreciate your feedback!
Hello there, thank you; we appreciate your feedback!

Extremely bad place to work and worse place to place a loved one.
Employee (Former Employee) –  Shelbyville, KYJune 18, 2018
Masonic Home of Shelbyville is by no means as it is presented to be, DO NOT let the fakeness of the Administrator and her close friend buddies in management and HR fool you into placing your loved one here! Staff is lacking patience where residents are concerned, your loved one will deteriorate dramatically as they truly do not receive adequate care, sub-par at best. The activities department of the facility is laughable at best, there is nothing for these poor people to do except wait to die. Sorry but the Administrator really needs to make the residents and their care at the top of her priority list versus propping herself up and sweeping issues under the rug to make the facility look warm, loving and dignified for your loved one because when those doors close the facility is none of these. And there is definitely NO appreciation for their employees, maybe that's why most don't care!
Pros
Residents
Cons
Administrator
June 28, 2018

Thank you for sharing your feedback. I hope that you will contact me to discuss your specific concerns. The quality of care for our residents is always top notch and it is the duty of every employee to immediately share any concerns. You can reach me at (502)753-8893. Sincerely, Trasee Whitaker, CHRO.

Fantastic
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYMarch 18, 2018
I love my job and where I work... Its highly recommended. I left my old job because I wasn't happy and I am happy that I made a great transition. It was the best decision I have ever made in my healthcare career.
Pros
Patient Ration
Cons
The clicks
April 26, 2018

Hi, we are so happy to read such a great review about Masonic Homes of Kentucky! Thanks again for taking the time to leave us this review. Take care!

Management Will be the downfall of Shelbyville location
Current Employee (Current Employee) –  Shelbyville, KYMarch 6, 2018
The management and Administrator swamp need to be drained before the Shelbyville location goes under. The resident's families have been calling with concerns, the facility cannot keep help, the residents receive minimal care and the good employees are run off by the Administrator. Hard work, always short handed, residents should come first but don't and promises made in orientation arent what you receive.
Pros
Residents are the ONLY Pro
Cons
Administration is the major con
April 26, 2018

I am so sorry that your experience was not positive. I welcome the opportunity to talk with you about the specifics so that I have a better understanding of your concerns. You can reach me at
(502)753-8893. Trasee Whitaker, CHRO

Poor management and too much drama
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Shelbyville, KYFebruary 1, 2018
The management there is terrible. They have way too much drama there as well. Yes, most places have drama, but this place tops all the places I’ve ever worked at with all their drama. Also, I never write reviews; but I really think I needed to give a heads up for people who choose to work here.
Pros
Pay and overtime available.
Cons
Management, favorites, work load is doubled.
great work enviroment
Kitchen Staff (Former Employee) –  Shelbyville, KYNovember 28, 2017
i had to serve drinks and food to the people in the nursing home. after they ate i had to clean the dining room and do the dishes for the next meal.. i loved working there because i moved i couldn't keep my job there. but i would definetly work there again.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
breaks were sorta short
great place
Dietary Aide (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYOctober 20, 2017
loved the staff and residents would not mind going back to work for the company in the future if i ever planned on going back to louisville i would defenitely make masonic my first stop in seeking employment
Communication and Marketing Manager (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYAugust 21, 2017
This is a great company to work for. They invest the employees with various educational programs. They have committees dedicated to wellness, culture and more.
Pros
Beautiful campus, nice people, great opportunities, growing company
Cons
Construction on campus
A great place to grow!
RN (Current Employee) –  Sam swope care ctrJuly 19, 2017
Working at Masonic homes has restarted my passion for nursing! I was tired of working in a world of nursing where the budget and the clock were more important than the patients needs and wants. So I took a chance to work for a non profit that really focuses on the community and I have not been disappointed. The campus is beautiful inside and out and the staff are dedicated. I wish I had found this place before I went back to school as they are one of the few places with an active education assistance program. The health insurance is a bit more expensive but if you complete the offered health programs you can get it to an affordable range.
Pros
Supplies! Orientation process was very organized. Cafe available at a discount to staff.
Cons
Haven't found one yet....
Great community to be a part of.
Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYJune 19, 2017
It is very family friendly. Staff go above and beyond to make the resident's stay as comfortable as possible. Activities are offered daily and events are planned for special occasions and holidays - lots of fun!
Horrible Place, good ole boy mentaliy, don't believe what you're told!
Plant Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYJune 15, 2017
Working here was a mistake. Favoritism is obvious and the rule. If you 'click' you're gold, if not you're an outcast regardless of your position. It was a mistake to work here. STAY AWAY!
Pros
Cons
The entire place
Very good
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYMay 19, 2017
Love the patients love the co-workers the workload is very fair good atmosphere teamwork very positive good pay very clean, sometimes ran short on linen but it never seemed to be a major problem
Pros
Pay staff patients
Cons
Benefits for prescriptions, u pay out of pocket

Comment – August 6, 2018

Hello there, thank you; we appreciate your feedback and your!

Very authoritarian atmosphere beginning at the corporate level.
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYApril 6, 2017
It is a beautiful facility, but, don't let that fool you. It is all about the money and power. Very political culture where what the boss man says goes. There are some good people that work there, however , management and administration are bullies. Do not ever contradict anything they say or you will be history
Pros
Salary
Cons
Never know what will change day after day.
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYDecember 23, 2016
Mission and attention to senior needs were top priority when I started. New management changed that. Stressful work environment, difference in priority and vision. One day your job is safe, the next day you are gone.
Pros
Beautiful campus
Cons
Good Ol Boys Community
Homely Atmosphere
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Shelbyville, KYSeptember 28, 2016
You work short most days. If you do have help they are over worked by having to work double shifts or work X amount of days with no day off. They put all the good staff in showers and work them to hard.
Pros
Bonus if you work over
Cons
Short breaks
Horrible management
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYApril 26, 2016
I was very excited to work at masonic homes, hearing that it was a top nursing facility in louisville. This place is very unorganized, and gross. Management is aweful. The turn over rate for nurses and c.n.a's is ridiculous. There is never enough supplies to work with, the rooms are filthy because housekeeping sucks, and don't dare turn out the lights in a room or the roach fest will meet you at the door. It's aweful. I would never put my loved one here. They promise you bonuses that you never get, and the hard working staff that actually do there jobs and is on time to work is unappreciated. The pay is great, and what kept me going was knowing that I made a difference for the residents and my other staff. But the overall rating for this place and how it's ran...I'd give a big fat zero!
Pros
Pay
Cons
Roaches, mice, poor management, inadequate supplies
Poor management that needs to shift focus back to patient care.
nurse lvn (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYDecember 2, 2015
It's sad because this is a beautiful facility and holds the reputation still of a facility that carries out the look it holds. That is not the case. The facility is being led by a director that cares little about patients and more about numbers and profit. They are very rude to their staff and the expectations are often unobtainable with no offer of assistance from your direct management. Something really needs to change within this facility to redirect focus and bring back patient driven care before it crumbles. The patients deserve way more than they are getting.
Pros
patients
Cons
management, working short staffed, hostile environment
masonic homes
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYSeptember 3, 2015
When I first arrived as a new employee I was amazed at the beauty of the facility. Everything just seemed so perfect. That all changed when I began working there. No training was provided for my shift. I was just thrown out there. No one should ever have to work out of ratio even if someone calls in. It should be a PRN staff available or better yet the supervisor needs to be there helping out. The unit I worked on had bugs really bad and even mice. Who would want their families living in this type of environment. This is a nice facility on the outside , but inside needs a major management renovation. I have seen so many CNAS come and go from the time I've been employed.
Pros
Building relationships between the residents.
Cons
Bugs, mice and the salary.
Don't work here
CNA (Current Employee) –  ShelbyvilleMay 3, 2015
It really depends on which neighborhood you are assigned to and which nurse is in charge. The pay is ok don't really think about asking for days off they won't give it to you. if you like working overtime great they have more than enough to give and usually under staffed. Most of the nurses are great but you have some that are down right horrible.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Short breaks, understaffed, rude

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Masonic Homes of Kentucky, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9