Masonicare Employee Reviews

Featured review
Masonicare selected this as a representative review
Loved this place
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Wallingford, CTDecember 23, 2018
I thoroughly enjoyed working for Masonicare. The staff on my floor were team players and very helpful when needed. I would go back in a heartbeat. I worked with the geriatric psychiatric population and there was never a dull moment.
We the worker's
Schedule Coordinator / Certified Nurse Assistant (Current Employee) –  Hartford, CTMay 29, 2019
I work 40 hour walk for my company. Every year we have a new supervisor and are subject to how they want to change n do things with total disregard as to the staff n residents. They have refuse to change my day off even with medical letter that am anemic and my sleep is not convenient for me base on my schedule. It also.has hindered me from going to church as I get off sabbath mornings because I hv to wrk every Friday night. Both fulltime night aide is force to work every Friday nite. Am told I can drop my fri nite or resign my full time position. This is after serving them for over 5 years and I can't switch my day off as per my own convenience. I still work here but actively looking for a different company to work for that will value me. Unfair unprofessional and unkind.
Pros
my client's appreciation
Cons
Staff/management
Stressful,fast paced environment without much recognition
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Wallingford, CTMay 21, 2019
The culture began to go downhill with the new CEO ~ 3 years ago. Management backed the administration and not the employee. There was never a true merit based compensation system, everyone got either 2% across the board, or no increase. The organization is "not for profit" bur you wouldn't know it by the culture which pushed for more and more revenue to meet an unrealistic budget. Even if your affiliate made money, it was penalized with budget cuts for the other areas who didn't tow the line.
Pros
Co-workers, customers
Cons
Management who doesn't care about the employee
False expectations set before being hired
RN Case Manager Home Health (Current Employee) –  Mystic, CTMay 16, 2019
The expectation to be able to manage your own schedule is grossly inaccurate. Drive all day to five or more different towns most days. Hours of extra work at home even when doing all documentation during visits. No room for advancement and the company continually talks about finances which is concerning and leads one to think they are not going to stay functioning. Work culture is awful most nurses are over stressed and not satisfied in their work.
Pros
Independently work
Cons
Too much driving. Too much on call requirement. Poor communication.
Poor leadership, management enabled an underlying bullying culture
Recreation & Activities Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Mystic, CTApril 20, 2019
Unrealistic expectations from corporate with no stable or knowledgeable leadership from management. Bullying atmosphere and unprofessional encounters.
Pros
Wonderful residents, some good benefits
Cons
Poor management, run corporately, bullying
Patients are the best thing about this job
Massage Therapist (Former Employee) –  ConnecticutApril 19, 2019
Working as a massage therapist for hospice, you receive no benefits. You are paid only per session. The fee per session is ok as long as you keep sessions short. The fee is not even close to being good for an hour session. I was constantly doing notes on the computer, and often I was told my notes weren't good enough and told to do them again. If I took how much I made per week and divided it by how many hours I actually spent calling patients, driving back and forth, seeing patients and doing notes, I made about $11hr.
The fee received is supposed to be for massage session and time used to write notes. You must hand write notes in patients files and also type up clinical notes in the Masonicare system. You must also hand write notes for patients hospice files that are at the main office and turn them in weekly.
Weekly notes are also needed for IDT meetings. IDT meetings are very long.
Massage therapy pay is based on an amount of money set aside by Masonicare's charity, The tree of Life foundation. The massage therapist is told how many sessions that can be done every week.
Sometimes my case load of patients was 15 and a few times, it got into the 40's.
When more people were requesting massage therapy, it made it hard to see other patients as often. The massage therapist is responsible for recommending how many times per month a patient is to be seen.
The job is very rewarding and I met so many wonderful people.
I felt like I was constantly defending the need for massage for hospice patients to many medical professionals.
The nurses and social workers on the Hospice
  more... team are all wonderful and caring people. The same cannot be said about others at various nursing homes and some at MHC.
I was also often treated like my job was a joke by and it was very hurtful.
Pros
Make your own schedule, meeting and getting to know patients, doing something nice for someone who really needs it
Cons
No benefits, low pay, lots of time spent on notes
Busy
Scheduling Specialist (Former Employee) –  East Hartford, CTMarch 25, 2019
Branch supervisors are willing to help.Very busy and stressful. You work independently. The hardest part of the job is dealing with patients and families.
They had grandmaster day on summer time they have concerts Christmas concerts in the winter for concerts singing in the auditorium live music entertai
Project House Keeper (Current Employee) –  Masonic healthcare WallingfordMarch 16, 2019
People are nice at Masonicare friendly kind summer rude but that comes with the territory working with your employees there’s a lot of tension and stress but I guess that’s everywhere talk make friends with most important I like working there working with the residence make them smile keep them cheerful
Pros
Good atmosphere clean hospital lots activities for the residence
Cons
Lack of communication some people are not friendly or kind
The perfect part-time job
Front Desk Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Chester, CTMarch 7, 2019
Doesn't feel like a job at all. Feels more like visiting my relatives and listening to their amazing life experiences.
The company is dedicated to the residents as well as the employees.
Cons
Wage is below average
terrible supervisor
Insurance Verification Specialist (Former Employee) –  Wallingford, CTMarch 4, 2019
i loved my job here however the supervisor mde my job impossible, she belittled me in front of coworkers, offered no training but was so abrasive if i did not understand a task. she was just mean and had a reputation for picking on other women
Pros
good pay
Cons
uneducated supervisors
The residents always put a smile on my face
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Wallingford, CTFebruary 18, 2019
My typical day at work consist of assisting residents with daily living.
I learned how to have a whole lot of patience, compassion and understanding. When I leave my job I know that my residents was happy with the care they received.
Pros
The workers on my floor are excellent to work with
Cons
short staff
No Work/Life Balance
RN case manager homecare (Former Employee) –  East Hartford, CTFebruary 1, 2019
horrible place to work all you do is chart on your time off Productivity is unrealistic and promotes poor patient care Stress level is very high
No work life balance
Pros
Cons
everything
Inconsistencies
Co-Manager, Admissions (Current Employee) –  Wallingford, CTFebruary 1, 2019
Working with an incredible team of hard working and mission driven professional people. Everyday is a challenge and a tight balancing act d/t the downsizing of the department. Teamwork and multi tasking is the only option for getting the job done. Heavy phone contacts, being able to handle all areas of the organization not only admissions. Handles all LOC from LTC, STR, acute settings and marketing both internally and externally for the entire organization.
Pros
Short drive to work
Cons
Inconsistent with work goals
Lacks support from management / negative work culture
RN (Current Employee) –  Wallingford, CTNovember 22, 2018
I’ve worked for Masonicare for close to 10 years as an RN. The culture and mission has changed drastically over the past 2 years. Little support from management/ understaffed. Unappreciated/low compensation. Culture is to pacify. Management is reactive not proactive . Poor retention for nurses. Not the worst place but there are better opportunities for nurses in area.
Pros
401k, pto plans
Cons
Poor management, no room for advancement, short staffed, low pay rates
Fun work place
Home Health Aide (Former Employee) –  East Lime CTOctober 23, 2018
learn a lot from my job as I work within a care home and so much happens, love working with people
Home Care focusoed on the elderly. Extensive training was provided for all employees. Expectation was fair and achievable. It was originally a small company that expeirience a great deal of growth over a short period of time.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Full break
Bad all around
Waitstaff (Former Employee) –  Wallingford, CTOctober 15, 2018
While some residents were very sweet and great to deal with, the few spoiled eggs really tainted the whole job. Supervisor avoided responsibilities. Random regulations.
Cons
Poor management, no tips, poor treatment
Good work/life balance.
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Wallingford, CTOctober 9, 2018
Needs more advancement within the nursing education and empowering nurses at the bedside to bring evidence based practice and advance clinical skills within the hospital units. Management should listen to staff at the microsystem level because improvements at this level will enhance patient care and safety which will improve patient outcomes and also make staff happy.
Benefits
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Wallingford, CTOctober 4, 2018
The benefits are wonderful and the HR team is wonderful. We always have enough supplies. The only draw back to Masonicare is each manager I have had except one worked as friends instead of leaders. I choose to work hard and then go home to my family and friends. I do not want to be facebook friends or go to my bosses house to buy leggings or jewlery. This has impacted almost all of my positions with Masonicare.
Pros
Educational opportunity
Cons
Managers work as friends not leaders.
Masonicare has some high demand floors, but staff usually works together.
Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Wallingford, CTSeptember 3, 2018
Masonicare is a great place to work for me because it is close to home. Its a very high standard business as the state does periodical checks to ensure they are up to par on all practices.
Pros
Schedule
Cons
Holiday work
Certified Nurse Aide
Certified Nurse's Assistant (Former Employee) –  Wallingford, CTAugust 24, 2018
I was happy with my employment at Masonicare. They have flexible hours and always had staff. The staff and management had good communications and everyone has the team player aspect.
Pros
free meals
Cons
no cons
Productive workplace
Server/Hostess (Former Employee) –  Wallingford, CTJuly 31, 2018
Enjoyed working here made many strong relationships with residents. Enjoyed serving residents with kindness and care. But not enough hours given to me
Pros
Fun environment
Cons
Disrespectful staff and not enough hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Masonicare. Our community is ready to answer.