Masonicare Employee Reviews in Hartford, CT

3.4Pay & Benefits
3.2Job Security & Advancement
Featured review
Masonicare selected this as a representative review
Loved this place
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Wallingford, CTDecember 23, 2018
I thoroughly enjoyed working for Masonicare. The staff on my floor were team players and very helpful when needed. I would go back in a heartbeat. I worked with the geriatric psychiatric population and there was never a dull moment.
We the worker's
Schedule Coordinator / Certified Nurse Assistant (Current Employee) –  Hartford, CTMay 29, 2019
I work 40 hour walk for my company. Every year we have a new supervisor and are subject to how they want to change n do things with total disregard as to the staff n residents. They have refuse to change my day off even with medical letter that am anemic and my sleep is not convenient for me base on my schedule. It also.has hindered me from going to church as I get off sabbath mornings because I hv to wrk every Friday night. Both fulltime night aide is force to work every Friday nite. Am told I can drop my fri nite or resign my full time position. This is after serving them for over 5 years and I can't switch my day off as per my own convenience. I still work here but actively looking for a different company to work for that will value me. Unfair unprofessional and unkind.
Pros
my client's appreciation
Cons
Staff/management
homecare
Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Hartford, CTDecember 24, 2017
Busy homecare agency working with diverse patient populations. Loved working with the geriatric population. Hardest part learning all insurance requirements for medicare and OASIS and poor management.
Horrible Work Enviornment
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Hartford, CTOctober 19, 2017
It's a stressful work enviornment. The place is filled with bed bugs. Managment neglects workers and are nonhelpful. Residents are lovable and tolerable. Managment is just horrible. Would love to continue working here if managment and rules changed.Typical day would be assisting residents with showers and daily needs, along with med cueing. I learned to be passionate and empathetic. I learned the value of life and life lessons through the residents. The job is not hard, managment just makes the job stressful. Most enjoyable part are the residents and going home knwing that you impacted someones life.
Pros
paid time off and set hours
Cons
managment, lack of communication and stress
rewarding position
RN Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Hartford, CTJanuary 30, 2016
I enjoyed this position as a case manager. The best part of the job was the interaction between myself, patient and family. I have developed very meaningful relationships with my patients. And although I am no longer working as a case manager, I still communicate with a few of my patients. Most rewarding is seeing these individual leave the healthcare facilities and come back to their own personal environment, and watch them and help them to get back to their normal day to day activities.
Cons
computer work