Masonicare Employee Reviews in Mystic, CT

Featured review
Masonicare selected this as a representative review
Loved this place
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Wallingford, CTDecember 23, 2018
I thoroughly enjoyed working for Masonicare. The staff on my floor were team players and very helpful when needed. I would go back in a heartbeat. I worked with the geriatric psychiatric population and there was never a dull moment.
False expectations set before being hired
RN Case Manager Home Health (Current Employee) –  Mystic, CTMay 16, 2019
The expectation to be able to manage your own schedule is grossly inaccurate. Drive all day to five or more different towns most days. Hours of extra work at home even when doing all documentation during visits. No room for advancement and the company continually talks about finances which is concerning and leads one to think they are not going to stay functioning. Work culture is awful most nurses are over stressed and not satisfied in their work.
Pros
Independently work
Cons
Too much driving. Too much on call requirement. Poor communication.
Poor leadership, management enabled an underlying bullying culture
Recreation & Activities Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Mystic, CTApril 20, 2019
Unrealistic expectations from corporate with no stable or knowledgeable leadership from management. Bullying atmosphere and unprofessional encounters.
Pros
Wonderful residents, some good benefits
Cons
Poor management, run corporately, bullying
cna
CNA Home Health Care (Current Employee) –  Mystic, CTJanuary 17, 2018
I took care of patients in there home and in a nursing home, I helped them take showers and made them food and got them drinks. I also have grown a bond with some of them but it is hard to have a steadypaycheck in this job your hours are all over the place sometimes when the company is slow and can't fill your hours up.
Pros
They work with you when you have kids
Cons
They dont fill up your hours your suppose to work during the week
Nurses beware
Nurse Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Mystic, CTSeptember 2, 2017
Working at masonicare as a nurse was terrible. The deadlines with charting are unrealistic compared to the workload presented. You are scheduled over a vast territory sometimes in 4-5 different towns a day. There is little support from management and you are expected to jump through hoops. I worked all night charting and was expected to be available the next morning at 8a. It was a horrible experience. Management does not care about their nurses and only praises them if they working themselves to the bone. The staff turnover rate is atrocious. Do NOT work here as a nurse case manager.
Pros
Benefits available
Cons
Cut throat culture, lack of support, unrealistic workload for rate of pay
Horrible
RSA (Former Employee) –  Mystic, CTApril 12, 2017
This place will mess with you before they even hire you and then upon hire they will make your life even more difficult. Treat yourself well and do not work here.
Cons
job was nothing more than a excellent experience
Production Chef (Current Employee) –  Mystic, CTMarch 15, 2017
i would go back and work there anytime of the day my chef was excellent and knew so much about food i was like a sponge just absorbing all of the things i could