Masonicare Employee Reviews in Newtown, CT

Featured review
Masonicare selected this as a representative review
Loved this place
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Wallingford, CTDecember 23, 2018
I thoroughly enjoyed working for Masonicare. The staff on my floor were team players and very helpful when needed. I would go back in a heartbeat. I worked with the geriatric psychiatric population and there was never a dull moment.
Very nice place to work
CERTIFIED NURSE AID (Former Employee) –  Newtown, CTApril 23, 2018
Masonicare seems to value their employees and will work around your individual needs. The environment is very relaxed and you can wear any scrubs you want.
Pros
Easy work environment, relaxed pace, management is reasonable
Cons
Being a pregnant CNA was difficult due to lifting restrictions
A very nice place to work. Excellent care of the residents.
RESIDENT CARE ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Newtown, CTMarch 7, 2018
A day at work was responding to the residents for their everyday care. I learned a lot about the elderly and how Masonicare cares for each and every one of them in response to their needs. Management was wonderful. They were bright and cheery around the residents and were very helpful in helping the new CNA's. Workers seemed happy and friendly with compassion for the residents. The hardest part of the job is seeing the aging problems considering that so many of us will be in the position to care for our elderly. The most enjoyable part is seeing these residents so happy in so many ways they are cared for, especially socially.
Pros
Great workers.
poor
Float charge nurse (Former Employee) –  Newtown, CTFebruary 5, 2018
Poor management and always short. The DON and ADON never want to come on the floor to help, they always leave on time. They schedule a bunch of admissions and not enough help.
Great place to work. Family inviroment
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Newtown, CTJanuary 16, 2018
I loved also working at Masonicare at Newtown! The building between the staff, the residence, and family always felt like home to me. It always felt like my home away from home. Originally I started working for MAN as a Certified Nurses Assistant. I was promoted to Administrative Assistant for Social Service and worked as a CNA on the side to make extra cash. I did that as well in the Wallingford Campus during my whole stay at Masonicares continuum.

Once I was promoted, shortly after they combined my rolls as a Administrative Assistant for Social Service and Admissions I had a lot of hats, played a lot of rolls. Everyday was different, everyday I helped both departments. From answering phones, education on LTC placement, LTC Dementia placement, STR stay, and Assisted Living. Educating residents and families on the waiting list to be placed at one of the locations, giving tours, and completing any and all legal documentation for state requirements. For our LTC residents I would open bank accounts and educate them on the processes.

I would take care of mail, distribute accordingly, meet with the interdisciplinary staff every morning to see what beds were open to fill them appropriately. Fax near by hospitals with our bed availability for STR placement. The culture within this wonderful continuum helped me understand all walks of life. I met so many wonderful people with all different needs and wants.

I enjoyed every moment of my job. I love the fact that there was so many different needs and thing I had to do to help my team. It was hard for me to leave but I would
  more... always visit and still do. I keep in contact with staff, residents, and even family members checking in on them as they do with me.  less
Pros
Happy to be at work. I loved all the positions I've had and miss they all equally
Cons
When I left to go to the Wallingford Campus since I had such great relationships will everyone
good place to work
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Newtown, CTDecember 29, 2017
manager are friendly , people work together as a team. pay is fair and they are flexible they will work with your schedule. most people are nice and show positive attitude
making my job fun while i work
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Newtown, CTNovember 1, 2017
The hardest part is when we short and we have to do showers feed and all care and the fun part I have to to make the resident happy and save.i love working at masonicare cause they make me feel like I'm home and like family no matter what race you are,they make you feel loved
eveining supervisor was great
Professional Nurse (Former Employee) –  Newtown, CTSeptember 10, 2017
Had a great support staff. Very knowledgeable and always willing to help. Compassionate and caring co-workers. Located in a very quiet and serene piece of property.
Pros
great staff
benefits
residents are great
Recreation Therapist (Former Employee) –  Newtown, CTAugust 23, 2017
Most enjoyable part of my job was the residents. No flexibility n hours. Benefits are good and old time employees are great. Management needs to be on units more often to see what is really going on.
Benefits
Cons
No flexible in schedule
Treated with respect and as an individual
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Newtown, CTFebruary 16, 2017
During my 20 years at Masonicare at Newtown I was treated with respect and viewed as an individual, rather than just an employee. My experience with the organization was positive and I felt valued as an employee.
Outstanding place to learn and grow
Level II Maintenance Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Newtown, CTApril 12, 2016
While employed I was able to build my self as a person and as a professional. Learned many new tasks I wouldn't of been able to without hands on experience.
Horrible place to work
Food Service Worker (Current Employee) –  Newtown, CTNovember 4, 2015
A typical day is exciting to be with the residents but the management staff treats the food service workers and the CNA's as if we are below them. Most of the management team is over weight while the workers who are active are more fit but putting more wear and tear on their bodies.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Underpaid
Worked as a CNA-good sense of teamwork
CNA (Current Employee) –  Newtown, CTMay 13, 2015
Great teamwork, patients can be difficult, but Masonicare treats their staff well. Employee appreications and celebrations often and I felt very welcomed when I first started. I learned a lot
great people,
cook supervisor (Current Employee) –  newtown ctDecember 1, 2014
great people, enjoy working here. great benefits.
very good co-workers
got to be there evening if its snowing
Pros
you can accumulate good PTO hours
Cons
hard to have a steady day off
busy work environment
Certified Nurse's Aide (Former Employee) –  Newtown, CTAugust 6, 2014
Wake patients up
Learned time management certain patients needs
Management was always helpful
Co workers were team players
Most enjoyable was getting close to patients and their families, like they were my own
Pros
family orentated
Cons
short staffed constantly
Great Job with Great Benefits
CNA/RCA (Current Employee) –  Newtown, CTDecember 31, 2013
The workday becomes like 2nd nature once you get to know your residents and learn to anticipate their needs. The job can be very emotionally tiring, but worth it.

Sometimes it feels like management doesn't take staff concerns seriously and a lot of issues don't get addressed. Also Staff needs to be held more accountable for their actions and be disciplined accordingly. In my opinion, if you neglect your duties (repeatedly), you shouldn't have a job.

Other than that, it is a fantastic place to work, with (for the most part) Co-workers that are as passionate about what they do as you are. Even people from other departments are friendly. The Company as a whole shows that they care about the well-being of employees as much as the people we care for.
Pros
Health Benefits, Pto, Holiday Pay, Friendly environment, Tuition Reimbursement
Cons
Short (If any) Lunch Breaks
A good place to start
RN at Masonicare in Newtown (Former Employee) –  Newtown, CTOctober 15, 2013
Busy, fast-paced work environment. Coworkers (nurses) helpful. Good teamwork.
not enjoyable
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Newtown, CTJuly 15, 2013
did not enjoy working here. hard work, understaffed.
managers were not always attentive and friendly
Patient care for alzheimer patients
CNA (Former Employee) –  Newtown, CTApril 28, 2013
May day at work was to organize my assignment ,I learned alot about how to care for alzhemer patient and inservices,the management was great they check on you to make sure you are comfortable or have any question,my co-workers was good they worked well as a team,the hardest part of the job was getting to know the patient and the most enjoyable part was the feeding time which was a time to get to know the patient
Pros
They had people come in and sing to the patients
Great place to work. Amazing.
CNA/Resident Care Associate (Current Employee) –  Newtown, CTJanuary 15, 2013
I enjoy the easy relationships with my coworkers and management. The benefits package is great. They truly do appreciate their employees and aren't afraid to show it. It can be a very mentally exhausting job but it is worth it. It comes with the healthcare territory. This is hands down the best company I've worked for.
Pros
great benefits, appreciation
Good Day
CNA (Current Employee) –  Newtown, CTJuly 30, 2012
Personalized Training To Certified Nurse’s Aide:
Introduction to the patient, Care of the Dying patient, Admit, Transfer, Discharge, Important Abbreviation's, Working Environment, Basic Care and Procedures, Lab: Working Environment, Lab: Basic Care and Procedures, Lab: Supervision of One Patient, Personal Care of the Patient, Lab: Care of the Patient, Lab: Supervision of two Patients, Special Treatment Procedures, Proper Body Mechanics, Lab: Special Treatment Procedures, Lab: Proper Body Mechanics, and Lab: Supervision-Several Patients.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Masonicare. Our community is ready to answer.