Masonicare Employee Reviews in Wallingford, CT

Featured review
Masonicare selected this as a representative review
Loved this place
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Wallingford, CTDecember 23, 2018
I thoroughly enjoyed working for Masonicare. The staff on my floor were team players and very helpful when needed. I would go back in a heartbeat. I worked with the geriatric psychiatric population and there was never a dull moment.
Stressful,fast paced environment without much recognition
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Wallingford, CTMay 21, 2019
The culture began to go downhill with the new CEO ~ 3 years ago. Management backed the administration and not the employee. There was never a true merit based compensation system, everyone got either 2% across the board, or no increase. The organization is "not for profit" bur you wouldn't know it by the culture which pushed for more and more revenue to meet an unrealistic budget. Even if your affiliate made money, it was penalized with budget cuts for the other areas who didn't tow the line.
Pros
Co-workers, customers
Cons
Management who doesn't care about the employee
They had grandmaster day on summer time they have concerts Christmas concerts in the winter for concerts singing in the auditorium live music entertai
Project House Keeper (Current Employee) –  Masonic healthcare WallingfordMarch 16, 2019
People are nice at Masonicare friendly kind summer rude but that comes with the territory working with your employees there’s a lot of tension and stress but I guess that’s everywhere talk make friends with most important I like working there working with the residence make them smile keep them cheerful
Pros
Good atmosphere clean hospital lots activities for the residence
Cons
Lack of communication some people are not friendly or kind
terrible supervisor
Insurance Verification Specialist (Former Employee) –  Wallingford, CTMarch 4, 2019
i loved my job here however the supervisor mde my job impossible, she belittled me in front of coworkers, offered no training but was so abrasive if i did not understand a task. she was just mean and had a reputation for picking on other women
Pros
good pay
Cons
uneducated supervisors
The residents always put a smile on my face
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Wallingford, CTFebruary 18, 2019
My typical day at work consist of assisting residents with daily living.
I learned how to have a whole lot of patience, compassion and understanding. When I leave my job I know that my residents was happy with the care they received.
Pros
The workers on my floor are excellent to work with
Cons
short staff
Inconsistencies
Co-Manager, Admissions (Current Employee) –  Wallingford, CTFebruary 1, 2019
Working with an incredible team of hard working and mission driven professional people. Everyday is a challenge and a tight balancing act d/t the downsizing of the department. Teamwork and multi tasking is the only option for getting the job done. Heavy phone contacts, being able to handle all areas of the organization not only admissions. Handles all LOC from LTC, STR, acute settings and marketing both internally and externally for the entire organization.
Pros
Short drive to work
Cons
Inconsistent with work goals
Lacks support from management / negative work culture
RN (Current Employee) –  Wallingford, CTNovember 22, 2018
I’ve worked for Masonicare for close to 10 years as an RN. The culture and mission has changed drastically over the past 2 years. Little support from management/ understaffed. Unappreciated/low compensation. Culture is to pacify. Management is reactive not proactive . Poor retention for nurses. Not the worst place but there are better opportunities for nurses in area.
Pros
401k, pto plans
Cons
Poor management, no room for advancement, short staffed, low pay rates
Bad all around
Waitstaff (Former Employee) –  Wallingford, CTOctober 15, 2018
While some residents were very sweet and great to deal with, the few spoiled eggs really tainted the whole job. Supervisor avoided responsibilities. Random regulations.
Cons
Poor management, no tips, poor treatment
Good work/life balance.
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Wallingford, CTOctober 9, 2018
Needs more advancement within the nursing education and empowering nurses at the bedside to bring evidence based practice and advance clinical skills within the hospital units. Management should listen to staff at the microsystem level because improvements at this level will enhance patient care and safety which will improve patient outcomes and also make staff happy.
Benefits
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Wallingford, CTOctober 4, 2018
The benefits are wonderful and the HR team is wonderful. We always have enough supplies. The only draw back to Masonicare is each manager I have had except one worked as friends instead of leaders. I choose to work hard and then go home to my family and friends. I do not want to be facebook friends or go to my bosses house to buy leggings or jewlery. This has impacted almost all of my positions with Masonicare.
Pros
Educational opportunity
Cons
Managers work as friends not leaders.
Masonicare has some high demand floors, but staff usually works together.
Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Wallingford, CTSeptember 3, 2018
Masonicare is a great place to work for me because it is close to home. Its a very high standard business as the state does periodical checks to ensure they are up to par on all practices.
Pros
Schedule
Cons
Holiday work
Certified Nurse Aide
Certified Nurse's Assistant (Former Employee) –  Wallingford, CTAugust 24, 2018
I was happy with my employment at Masonicare. They have flexible hours and always had staff. The staff and management had good communications and everyone has the team player aspect.
Pros
free meals
Cons
no cons
Productive workplace
Server/Hostess (Former Employee) –  Wallingford, CTJuly 31, 2018
Enjoyed working here made many strong relationships with residents. Enjoyed serving residents with kindness and care. But not enough hours given to me
Pros
Fun environment
Cons
Disrespectful staff and not enough hours
good place to work
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Wallingford, CTJuly 30, 2018
it is a good place to work, nice and welcome-new worker, depend on which floor you work, full benefits with full time only, good for student who just graduate.
acute care dementia uit
REGISTERED NURSE (Current Employee) –  wallingford ctJuly 12, 2018
I worked on a 29 bed Acute Dementia unit. Patient care consisted of giving medications, assessing pain and mental status changes, wound care and admissions/discharges.Interacting with families, outside agencies and other medical providers.
Excellent Orginization
Board or Director (Current Employee) –  Wallingford, CTJuly 2, 2018
As a Board of Director this is not my full time employment. This is a non-profit company the provides elderly care and senior living as well as home health care to those in need.
Support from management lacking
Hospice Social Worker (Current Employee) –  Wallingford, CTJune 24, 2018
Wonderful team...Wonderful manager. Very little true support from upper management. Frequent promises to make changes to work loads. Impossible for anyone to get this job done in 50 hours per week.
Stressful
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Wallingford, CTJune 21, 2018
Stressful at times, too many drama, so many young wait staff with a lot of issues on co workers and the management. The hardest part is to deal with younger staffs, the most enjoyable is to talk with lovely residents.
Pros
benefits and flexible
Cons
short breaks
i enjoy my posion at masonicare.
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Wallingford, CTJune 14, 2018
I enjoy helping residents and visitors and helping people by responding to medicals and or lockouts and being a support structure when needed. my goal is to continue to do so to the best of my ability.
Pros
over the years i feel i have expirenced many advantages with masonicare.
Cons
i don't feel iv'e had any disadvantages thus far with my current employer.
A lot of management turnover
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Wallingford, CTJune 7, 2018
Masonicare is a huge organization and the Home Health division was in flux when I worked there. The managers and VPs all changed in the 18 months I was there. The support from co workers was phenomenal, as was the IT support and education.
Pros
IT and education support
Cons
managers being fired and walked out
Can seem redundant at times
LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse) (Former Employee) –  Wallingford, CTJune 5, 2018
Typical day, pass medications, do treatments, monitor CNAs, Must squeeze a lot of required duties into a quick-passing day. They were great about training and resources. Pay was great.
Pros
Ability to work extra shifts
Cons
Can be redundant at times

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Masonicare. Our community is ready to answer.