Masonicare Employee Reviews for Home Health Aide

Featured review
Masonicare selected this as a representative review
Loved this place
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Wallingford, CTDecember 23, 2018
I thoroughly enjoyed working for Masonicare. The staff on my floor were team players and very helpful when needed. I would go back in a heartbeat. I worked with the geriatric psychiatric population and there was never a dull moment.
Fun work place
Home Health Aide (Former Employee) –  East Lime CTOctober 23, 2018
learn a lot from my job as I work within a care home and so much happens, love working with people
Home Care focusoed on the elderly. Extensive training was provided for all employees. Expectation was fair and achievable. It was originally a small company that expeirience a great deal of growth over a short period of time.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Full break
LOVED this job
Home Health Nurse (Former Employee) –  East Hartford, CTApril 3, 2017
This was a favorite job when the facility only serviced East Hartford for the initial 7-8 years I was there. When reimbursement began to change the focus became increased visits with less time at each visit and increased dis-satisfaction with patients and families. The area being serviced expanded and made good care very difficult. I loved doing outreach clinics for the Seniors throughout East Hartford which allowed for a lot of teaching and oversight following d/c from services. The decision to move on came when the area being serviced became so wide spread that good care was compromised.
Pros
Great team members/spirit
Cons
extensive driving towards the end
Masonicare is a very largely known corporation.
HHA/CNA (Current Employee) –  New Haven, CTMarch 2, 2017
I enjoy working for Masonicare. I've had positive work experiences from the start. The staff is very welcoming and willing to help.
early out late to finish
core Home Health Aide (Former Employee) –  east hartford ct.February 22, 2017
their was a lack of communication among the staff in the office and the aides in the field rules changed and no notice was given to anyone of that. Your supervisors would not have answers to questions and would not call to check back in a timely manor with answers for you. I pride myself on being a team player but when they take and have no consideration for you when the hand is turned it is not a nice feeling . driving around is a part of the job and more than willing to do my job but after job is done they say that the time you spent doing it is to much they make up their own and don't want to pay for the time you have put in to do your job so it ends up were you are paying them to work
Pros
being able to do a job of helping people stay in their home with just a little help
Cons
the mass confussion of dealing with the office
plenty of work to keep you busy
Home Health Aide Scheduler (Current Employee) –  Wallingford, CTNovember 11, 2015
busy place to work. great company. people really care about their patients. its a patient centered company and that's what makes the company so great.
Pros
benefits. the company is great.
Cons
short lunch
productive work enviroment
Home Health Aide (HHA) (Former Employee) –  East Hartford, CTAugust 15, 2014
got people up in the morning
made meals that they needed
took patients to where they need to go such as dr appointments or grocery store..
Pros
loved clients
Cons
took toll on my car with alot of driving