Masonicare Employee Reviews for Nursing Assistant

Featured review
Masonicare selected this as a representative review
Loved this place
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Wallingford, CTDecember 23, 2018
I thoroughly enjoyed working for Masonicare. The staff on my floor were team players and very helpful when needed. I would go back in a heartbeat. I worked with the geriatric psychiatric population and there was never a dull moment.
We the worker's
Schedule Coordinator / Certified Nurse Assistant (Current Employee) –  Hartford, CTMay 29, 2019
I work 40 hour walk for my company. Every year we have a new supervisor and are subject to how they want to change n do things with total disregard as to the staff n residents. They have refuse to change my day off even with medical letter that am anemic and my sleep is not convenient for me base on my schedule. It also.has hindered me from going to church as I get off sabbath mornings because I hv to wrk every Friday night. Both fulltime night aide is force to work every Friday nite. Am told I can drop my fri nite or resign my full time position. This is after serving them for over 5 years and I can't switch my day off as per my own convenience. I still work here but actively looking for a different company to work for that will value me. Unfair unprofessional and unkind.
Pros
my client's appreciation
Cons
Staff/management
The residents always put a smile on my face
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Wallingford, CTFebruary 18, 2019
My typical day at work consist of assisting residents with daily living.
I learned how to have a whole lot of patience, compassion and understanding. When I leave my job I know that my residents was happy with the care they received.
Pros
The workers on my floor are excellent to work with
Cons
short staff
Masonicare has some high demand floors, but staff usually works together.
Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Wallingford, CTSeptember 3, 2018
Masonicare is a great place to work for me because it is close to home. Its a very high standard business as the state does periodical checks to ensure they are up to par on all practices.
Pros
Schedule
Cons
Holiday work
Certified Nurse Aide
Certified Nurse's Assistant (Former Employee) –  Wallingford, CTAugust 24, 2018
I was happy with my employment at Masonicare. They have flexible hours and always had staff. The staff and management had good communications and everyone has the team player aspect.
Pros
free meals
Cons
no cons
good place to work
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Wallingford, CTJuly 30, 2018
it is a good place to work, nice and welcome-new worker, depend on which floor you work, full benefits with full time only, good for student who just graduate.
Very nice place to work
CERTIFIED NURSE AID (Former Employee) –  Newtown, CTApril 23, 2018
Masonicare seems to value their employees and will work around your individual needs. The environment is very relaxed and you can wear any scrubs you want.
Pros
Easy work environment, relaxed pace, management is reasonable
Cons
Being a pregnant CNA was difficult due to lifting restrictions
Very Welcoming Work Environment
Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) (Former Employee) –  Norwalk, CTMarch 5, 2018
Worked as a home health & hospice aide per diem. Managing my work schedule and personal life was easy. The manager was wonderful, patient, and understanding.
Productive work environment
CNA (Former Employee) –  Wallingford, CTFebruary 24, 2018
So much to learn. I love this facility because they’re like a giant family. Everyone is on one accord and is helpful. Their pay is wonderful and You get to get your hands into everything.
Pros
Cons
They’re never hiring for LPN so I can go back lol
A Good Place to work
CNA (Former Employee) –  Wallingford, CTFebruary 12, 2018
Nice place to work. Overall no complaints. I would wish anyone luck working there. The people and staff are great and patients are the best part of the job.
good place to work
Certified Nurse Assistant, (C.N.A) (Former Employee) –  Wallingford, CTJanuary 31, 2018
good place to work,
i did enjoy my time at this place,
the hard part of this job was sometimes getting to say good bye.
got to meet new different kind of people.
good place to work
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Newtown, CTDecember 29, 2017
manager are friendly , people work together as a team. pay is fair and they are flexible they will work with your schedule. most people are nice and show positive attitude
Forever Short Staffed and Ungrateful
NURSING ASSISTANT (Current Employee) –  Wallingford, CTNovember 28, 2017
Terrible management. You work short nearly every single day and the compensation is not worth the damage to your body and stress you put up with from an unsupportive chain of command. Problems are never resolved and if you confide in superiors, your business is shared with your co-workers. Services and supplies are rationed and family members take note. The extra couple dollars an hour working here are just not worth it.
Pros
You have a job
Cons
Unnecessarily stressful atmosphere, mental/physical health deterioration
making my job fun while i work
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Newtown, CTNovember 1, 2017
The hardest part is when we short and we have to do showers feed and all care and the fun part I have to to make the resident happy and save.i love working at masonicare cause they make me feel like I'm home and like family no matter what race you are,they make you feel loved
Horrible Work Enviornment
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Hartford, CTOctober 19, 2017
It's a stressful work enviornment. The place is filled with bed bugs. Managment neglects workers and are nonhelpful. Residents are lovable and tolerable. Managment is just horrible. Would love to continue working here if managment and rules changed.Typical day would be assisting residents with showers and daily needs, along with med cueing. I learned to be passionate and empathetic. I learned the value of life and life lessons through the residents. The job is not hard, managment just makes the job stressful. Most enjoyable part are the residents and going home knwing that you impacted someones life.
Pros
paid time off and set hours
Cons
managment, lack of communication and stress
Great staff
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Wallingford, CTSeptember 13, 2017
Enjoyed working part time love the clients family and staff. Was a great place flexible hours and they accommodate depending on area and they always communicated with fam and cna
Erratic hours
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Wallingford, CTAugust 3, 2017
Clients very appreciative and that in itself is rewarding.
Hours are erratic, and when you need a nurse to check on a client, a cna is sent.That proved to be unhelpful.
Flexible
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Wallingford, CTMay 16, 2017
I work third shift as a CNA on the acute unit at Masonicare, and my peers and managers are absolutely wonderful. The pay is based off experience which is quite fair, and they are very flexible with scheduling and shifts. Highly recommended!!
Pros
Flexibliity
Was a great place to work, can't say the same
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Wallingford, CTMarch 20, 2017
Masonicare is a descent company, but the people in corporate aren't really looking into the people who make up the company. High turnover rate for supervisors and SALSAS who come in, change all the rules, fire people who have been here for over 30 years like it's nothing. This used to be one of the best places to work, but now they don't care about the employees anymore. Don't bother.
Pros
Weekend differential, tuition reimbursement
Cons
Unpaid lunch
Excellent Employment Opportunity
CNA (Former Employee) –  Wallingford, CTJanuary 26, 2017
Masonicare provides excellence in health care for the elderly in home care, out patient care and skilled care. The supplies you needed to do your job were always accessible. Management was supportive. Environment was meticulous.
Pros
Free lunch
Fun work place, very positive employer
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Wallingford, CTOctober 11, 2016
Enjoyed working with this company. Staff was always pleasant and they always assured they gave you positive feed back. I would recommend anyone to work with this company.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Masonicare. Our community is ready to answer.