Masonicare Employee Reviews for Server

Featured review
Masonicare selected this as a representative review
Loved this place
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Wallingford, CTDecember 23, 2018
I thoroughly enjoyed working for Masonicare. The staff on my floor were team players and very helpful when needed. I would go back in a heartbeat. I worked with the geriatric psychiatric population and there was never a dull moment.
Bad all around
Waitstaff (Former Employee) –  Wallingford, CTOctober 15, 2018
While some residents were very sweet and great to deal with, the few spoiled eggs really tainted the whole job. Supervisor avoided responsibilities. Random regulations.
Cons
Poor management, no tips, poor treatment
Lovely to work mostly
Waitress (Former Employee) –  Wallingford, CTMay 16, 2018
It was fun to work as a waitress at MasoniCareAshlar Village when it wasn't a mad house. The management lacked supervision at times and favoritism was an issue. When it was extremely busy it could get disorganized very easy. There were times co-workers have uneven work and would be struggling with triple seatings.

The residents are so wonderful and I loved hearing their stories. The residents were like a second family, I still keep in contact with some after 4 years of not working there.

The scholarship fund was a great plus after working for one year you were eligible. There was also paid-time off and once you were 21 you started a retirement fund!
Pros
Lunches, scholarships
Short Hours, Drama, Fast paced
Waitstaff (Current Employee) –  Wallingford, CTApril 10, 2018
This job is fast-paced but you only work about a three hour shift and there tends to be drama between the coworkers on occasion. It is a good first job to have just to start.
Fast paced job that taught me a lot.
Waitstaff (Former Employee) –  Wallingford, CTMay 22, 2017
Masonicare taught me everything I know, it was the job I needed to make me become the great waitress I am today. It taught me everything about time management and how important it is to keep your customers satisfied, and have everything come out in a timely manner. It was the fastest pace job I've had and made me learn how to work efficiently under pressure. At masonicare I had a section of about 7 to 8 tables all of which had to be served a 3 course meal within 30 minutes or so. The culture was diverse and I loved working with the people there, the manager was tough on us, but its only because the residents there expected so much. I only ever left this job because we couldn't accept tips and the shifts were only for dinner so I was on the clock for about 3 hours only, it just wasn't enough pay.
Pros
Great company to work for.
Cons
Not enough hours.
relaxing pace, low wage
Waitstaff (Former Employee) –  Wallingford, CTMarch 21, 2017
As waitstaff, we got pain minimum wage. Imagine serving at a restaurant, but not getting tips. The pace is slower than a typical restaurant, but it can be stressful at times. Management is relaxed and not uptight, which can be nice. However, you can expect not to recieve a yearly wage increase while the head honchos buy their second and third homes.
Pros
awesome residents, laid back work environment
Cons
no tips, no raises
Interesting place to work, very fast paced
Wait Staff (Current Employee) –  Wallingford, CTJune 9, 2016
Demanding and fast paced. No break, but the shift goes by so quick you don't have time to think about it. Residents are nice, you always have black sheep, but they are pretty fair and are interested to talk to you.
Comfortable working environment
Waiter (Current Employee) –  Wallingford, CTOctober 8, 2013
Being a waiter at Masonicare continues to be a good experience. I get along with my fellow coworkers fairly well. Management is as best as can be. The hardest part of my job is to bring food to residents at a reasonable time (between 15-30 min, depending on how many residents at my section which is a maximum of 5 tables with 4 seats at each table. The most enjoyable part of my job is conversing with the residents as I work, as well as on my lunch break and my days off.