Masonicare Employee Review

Patients are the best thing about this job
Massage Therapist (Former Employee) –  ConnecticutApril 19, 2019
Working as a massage therapist for hospice, you receive no benefits. You are paid only per session. The fee per session is ok as long as you keep sessions short. The fee is not even close to being good for an hour session. I was constantly doing notes on the computer, and often I was told my notes weren't good enough and told to do them again. If I took how much I made per week and divided it by how many hours I actually spent calling patients, driving back and forth, seeing patients and doing notes, I made about $11hr.
The fee received is supposed to be for massage session and time used to write notes. You must hand write notes in patients files and also type up clinical notes in the Masonicare system. You must also hand write notes for patients hospice files that are at the main office and turn them in weekly.
Weekly notes are also needed for IDT meetings. IDT meetings are very long.
Massage therapy pay is based on an amount of money set aside by Masonicare's charity, The tree of Life foundation. The massage therapist is told how many sessions that can be done every week.
Sometimes my case load of patients was 15 and a few times, it got into the 40's.
When more people were requesting massage therapy, it made it hard to see other patients as often. The massage therapist is responsible for recommending how many times per month a patient is to be seen.
The job is very rewarding and I met so many wonderful people.
I felt like I was constantly defending the need for massage for hospice patients to many medical professionals.
The nurses and social workers on the Hospice
  more... team are all wonderful and caring people. The same cannot be said about others at various nursing homes and some at MHC.
I was also often treated like my job was a joke by and it was very hurtful.
Pros
Make your own schedule, meeting and getting to know patients, doing something nice for someone who really needs it
Cons
No benefits, low pay, lots of time spent on notes

Other Masonicare Employee Reviews

We the worker's
Schedule Coordinator / Certified Nurse Assistant (Current Employee) –  Hartford, CTMay 29, 2019
I work 40 hour walk for my company. Every year we have a new supervisor and are subject to how they want to change n do things with total disregard as to the staff n residents. They have refuse to change my day off even with medical letter that am anemic and my sleep is not convenient for me base on my schedule. It also.has hindered me from going to church as I get off sabbath mornings because I hv to wrk every Friday night. Both fulltime night aide is force to work every Friday nite. Am told I can drop my fri nite or resign my full time position. This is after serving them for over 5 years and I can't switch my day off as per my own convenience. I still work here but actively looking for a different company to work for that will value me. Unfair unprofessional and unkind.
Pros
my client's appreciation
Cons
Staff/management
Stressful,fast paced environment without much recognition
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Wallingford, CTMay 21, 2019
The culture began to go downhill with the new CEO ~ 3 years ago. Management backed the administration and not the employee. There was never a true merit based compensation system, everyone got either 2% across the board, or no increase. The organization is "not for profit" bur you wouldn't know it by the culture which pushed for more and more revenue to meet an unrealistic budget. Even if your affiliate made money, it was penalized with budget cuts for the other areas who didn't tow the line.
Pros
Co-workers, customers
Cons
Management who doesn't care about the employee

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Masonicare. Our community is ready to answer.