Masonicare Employee Reviews

Featured review
Masonicare selected this as a representative review
Loved this place
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Wallingford, CTDecember 23, 2018
I thoroughly enjoyed working for Masonicare. The staff on my floor were team players and very helpful when needed. I would go back in a heartbeat. I worked with the geriatric psychiatric population and there was never a dull moment.
Supportive Work Environment
Bereavement Coordinator (Current Employee) –  East Hartford, CTDecember 11, 2016
Work day is flexible often requiring multi tasking and effective time management skills. Interdisciplinary team approach. Committed and experienced work force. Hardest part of the job is working with people at end of life. Most enjoyable part of the job is having support from interdisciplinary team.
Pros
Flexible work schedule
Cons
On call
Productive workplace
Accounts Payable Specialist (Former Employee) –  Wallingford, CTDecember 9, 2016
My typical day at work consisted of opening and distributing mail to the Accounting team. I also approved invoices for payments. Searched information for the Purchase order based invoices as well as delegated invoices to proper Account Managers, Doctors, nurses for proper coding. I learned a new software such as APSmart and Meditech in which I entered data. The most enjoyable part of my job was balancing accounts, helping the teams when it became overwhelming for them and I enjoy looking up information if a problem occurs with an invoice to be paid.
Pros
Interacting with different departments
Cons
Temporary assignment
great environment
TEMP Benefits Administrator (Former Employee) –  Wallingford, CTNovember 15, 2016
The time that I spent working here it was great. My coworkers were great. I enjoyed the type of job that I was doing. Working at the Healthcare center was nice, i enjoyed seeing the residents
Great place for elderly
RCA (Current Employee) –  Wallingford, CTNovember 7, 2016
Nice environment where you will feel loved and at home. Everyone is friendly and willing to work with you. You will never feel like your alone. Everyone is compassionate about their job and enjoys what they do.
Fun work place, very positive employer
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Wallingford, CTOctober 11, 2016
Enjoyed working with this company. Staff was always pleasant and they always assured they gave you positive feed back. I would recommend anyone to work with this company.
Stay away!!
RN Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Wallingford, CTSeptember 5, 2016
Patient to nurse ratio, sometimes 30:1, sometimes 60:1. Yes, you read correctly: 60:1. Very short staffed, males and female patients share bathrooms, no air conditioning on some floors, no dinner breaks, poor management, supervisors unfriendly, broken or no equipment necessary to perform job, redundant paperwork, no secretary to answer phones, residents often get sick with terrible food, computer system outdated and slow.
Pros
Decent pay, decent benefits
Cons
Must work most holidays
Healthcare
Security & Communications Officer (Current Employee) –  Wallingford, CTJuly 24, 2016
Revenue driven mainly by Medicare
Leads to lower salaries and capped raises
Leads to mediocrity
Lack of interdepartmental cooperation
Pros
Coworkers, immediate Supervisor
Cons
Have Little influence
Solid Medicare Agency
Registered Nurse, Admissions RN (Former Employee) –  Wallingford, CTJuly 11, 2016
With a firm foundation in Medicare this agency has good Nurses and maintains a High level of care. There is little room for advancement and a high turn over of administration. I was able to obtain a significant amount of education related to all aspects of Medicare in the areas of Billing and Oasis. The most difficult part of this positions was the long hours required to complete all required documentation daily.
Pros
Team work amonst my peers
Cons
Poor health beneifits
Interesting place to work, very fast paced
Wait Staff (Current Employee) –  Wallingford, CTJune 9, 2016
Demanding and fast paced. No break, but the shift goes by so quick you don't have time to think about it. Residents are nice, you always have black sheep, but they are pretty fair and are interested to talk to you.
Excellent managers
Registered Nurse Case Manager (Former Employee) –  East Hartford, CTJune 6, 2016
The other nurses were great to work with and willing share their knowledge. No back-biting here. Good structure for learning the ropes, not thrown to the wolves. Two visits per day once you are on your own for 1-2 weeks, then three visits per day for 2 weeks, working up to 5 visits per day. Then OASIS training. They really want you to succeed.
Pros
Co-Workers, Managers, Self-Scheduling
Outstanding place to learn and grow
Level II Maintenance Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Newtown, CTApril 12, 2016
While employed I was able to build my self as a person and as a professional. Learned many new tasks I wouldn't of been able to without hands on experience.
Great place to work. Wonderful coworkers.
LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse) (Current Employee) –  Wallingford, CTMarch 14, 2016
My day is typically busy. I make sure proper paperwork accompanies each resident's doctor appointment. Medications are prepoured on a weekly basis. Attend to any medical emergencies or resident's needs and follow up with MD and families. Work closely with certified nursing aids and scheduling of forty plus CNA's.
Pros
great staff, wonderful residents
Cons
lack of communication from management
Visiting nurse for pediatrics and new mom/baby
Maternal Child/Pediatric Nurse (Former Employee) –  East Lyme, CTFebruary 14, 2016
I worked on call per visit for the VNA. I saw infants to teens for medical/surgical/orthopedic reasons. We worked with the parent/care givers to assure the best outcome. Balancing of your time was crucial in home care and visits. Management was good at coordinating the area for our visits to minimize drive time between. Hardest part was the time restrictions related to travel time. I enjoyed the home time with the patient and family for care and teaching.
Pros
working in the home with family/patient and coordinating the care
Cons
Limits in the home for resources
Amazing work ennvironment
Expressive Arts Therapies Specialist (Current Employee) –  East Lyme, CTFebruary 8, 2016
It's a gift and an honor to be able to share my gifts with the dying. I enjoy going to work everyday, it's not like work - it's more like a passion ...
Pros
I get to help people
Cons
in Hospice, they eventually all die
rewarding position
RN Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Hartford, CTJanuary 30, 2016
I enjoyed this position as a case manager. The best part of the job was the interaction between myself, patient and family. I have developed very meaningful relationships with my patients. And although I am no longer working as a case manager, I still communicate with a few of my patients. Most rewarding is seeing these individual leave the healthcare facilities and come back to their own personal environment, and watch them and help them to get back to their normal day to day activities.
Cons
computer work
Productive Positive Work Environment
Evening Pharmacist (Current Employee) –  Wallingford, CTJanuary 24, 2016
A typical day a t work involves checking medication orders which are placed electronically by practitioners (Physicians, APRNs, Physician Assistants). I work with a team involving the Director of Pharmacy, other Pharmacists, Pharmacy Technicians, as well as other members of the Healthcare Continuum at Masonicare Health System. I am involved in making sure drug dosing is "age appropriate". Masonicare is a unique Healthcare Center which involves Long Term Care, Short Term Rehabilitation, Hospice an Acute Care Hospital as well as an Acute Psychiatric Hospital. The hardest part of my job is getting to know other worker throughout the continuum since Masonicare has different branches located throughout the State of Connecticut. I enjoy working closely with the the residents who live there, the patients, providers and my co-workers.
Great people to work with, position overwhelming
Registered Nurse Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Wallingford, CTJanuary 12, 2016
Paid on a salary 40 hours, worked at least 60 hours with most of the work being on the computer after scheduled shift at home. Always playing catch up, never caught up. Co workers were saints, but even people who had been there forever were getting fed up with the paper work. Best part of job was creating own hours and the job its self was fun working with that patient population in their homes.
Pros
salary, paper work
Cons
great co workers
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Danielson, CTJanuary 2, 2016
Masonicare was a wonderful place to work for. The hours where perfect for family life and the staff was always friendly and kind.
plenty of work to keep you busy
Home Health Aide Scheduler (Current Employee) –  Wallingford, CTNovember 11, 2015
busy place to work. great company. people really care about their patients. its a patient centered company and that's what makes the company so great.
Pros
benefits. the company is great.
Cons
short lunch
Enjoyable working atmosphere
Companion/Caregiver (Current Employee) –  Wallingford, CTNovember 8, 2015
I like the fact that I am able to work independently out in the community. I enjoy the people I work with. I enjoy working with my elderly clients. It is a very rewarding career. Because of my assistance my clients are able to stay in their own homes and thrive. The most difficult part of my job is when one of my clients gets sick and dies since I had a relationship with this person.
Pros
Like people I work with. Enjoy working with the elderly since they have so much to offer.
Cons
no benefits, per diem

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Masonicare. Our community is ready to answer.