Masonicare Employee Reviews

Featured review
Masonicare selected this as a representative review
Loved this place
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Wallingford, CTDecember 23, 2018
I thoroughly enjoyed working for Masonicare. The staff on my floor were team players and very helpful when needed. I would go back in a heartbeat. I worked with the geriatric psychiatric population and there was never a dull moment.
productive work enviroment
Home Health Aide (HHA) (Former Employee) –  East Hartford, CTAugust 15, 2014
got people up in the morning
made meals that they needed
took patients to where they need to go such as dr appointments or grocery store..
Pros
loved clients
Cons
took toll on my car with alot of driving
busy work environment
Certified Nurse's Aide (Former Employee) –  Newtown, CTAugust 6, 2014
Wake patients up
Learned time management certain patients needs
Management was always helpful
Co workers were team players
Most enjoyable was getting close to patients and their families, like they were my own
Pros
family orentated
Cons
short staffed constantly
Highly political office with some much favoritism shown.
Spiritual Care Coordinator (Former Employee) –  East Hartford, CTJune 27, 2014
Many outstanding individual staff in different disciplines. Management is very inconsistent in enforcing policy and procedure rules.
Pros
Outstanding, compassionate professionals
Cons
Poor management with favoritism shown to some.
nursing job
Certified Nurse Assistant (Current Employee) –  Wallingford, CTJune 26, 2014
. ADL's (Assisted Daily Living) support
. Provide daily activity report
. Medicine Administration
Great place to work. It can be very relaxing if you speed up your work.
Resident Care Assistant, CNA (Current Employee) –  Norwalk, CTJune 14, 2014
If you respect yourself enough and enjoy supporting people, This should be a great place for you. How people respond to you is definitively based on your mannerism. I can't complain because I'm always happy and ready to go. I hope that explain a lot.
Pros
Great team work environment
Cons
Parking space but it depends to where you work.
Positive and Professional work environment
Per Diem Homecare Nurse (Current Employee) –  East Lyme, CTJune 13, 2014
Masonicare is a professional organization that supports its employees and is continuously educating and encouraging its employees.
Administration and management doesn't care about aids or residents.
CERTIFIED NURSING ASSISTANT (Current Employee) –  Wallingford, CTApril 25, 2014
A typical day is the floors being short staffed no matter how demanding or how much care residents required. They staffed based on "census" which is basically the number of residents in beds per floor but they didn't care about how much care each person needed. They would constantly short staff and not replace staff if they called out. Family members complain about the lack of aids on the floors and the amount of time it takes to respond to the resident's needs yet the management and administration could care less as long as they are getting their paychecks at the end of the day. I care about my residents but leave knowing that I can't give adequate care because of the amount of work dumped upon us. The sad thing is the residents are the reason why the administration and other higher ups ,who refuse to provide better care, are even getting paid and have jobs. Best nursing home in CT? Yeah okay their fancy commercials and marketing tactics are going to fail quickly as soon as word of mouth starts to take over and people stop recommending them. Oh and nursing staff beware they will change your schedule whenever they feel good and ready with little to no warning so dont make any family plans or plan vacations around your schedule you initially get. My schedule changed four times in a year! I had absolutely no say. And they wonder why they are losing staff.
Pros
Residents are sweet most of the time, coworkers are helpful.
Cons
Management cares about no one only their salaries and when the state comes
long term care patients
LPN (Former Employee) –  Wallingford, CTJanuary 21, 2014
focus on quality care for long term car patients. resident care and coordination for optimal quality of life.
Great Job with Great Benefits
CNA/RCA (Current Employee) –  Newtown, CTDecember 31, 2013
The workday becomes like 2nd nature once you get to know your residents and learn to anticipate their needs. The job can be very emotionally tiring, but worth it.

Sometimes it feels like management doesn't take staff concerns seriously and a lot of issues don't get addressed. Also Staff needs to be held more accountable for their actions and be disciplined accordingly. In my opinion, if you neglect your duties (repeatedly), you shouldn't have a job.

Other than that, it is a fantastic place to work, with (for the most part) Co-workers that are as passionate about what they do as you are. Even people from other departments are friendly. The Company as a whole shows that they care about the well-being of employees as much as the people we care for.
Pros
Health Benefits, Pto, Holiday Pay, Friendly environment, Tuition Reimbursement
Cons
Short (If any) Lunch Breaks
Caring Workplace
CNA/PCA- Personal Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Wallingford, CTNovember 17, 2013
Always do their best to look for good help for their residents.
Productive and fun work enviorment
Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Wallingford, CTNovember 13, 2013
It is a fun and fast paced work environment. staff is very nice along with the residents and all around great place to work
Good employer
RN (Current Employee) –  CTOctober 17, 2013
I have learned an enormous amount regarding Homecare. I have felt that Masonicare is my 2nd family as I have committed myself to them for many many years.
A good place to start
RN at Masonicare in Newtown (Former Employee) –  Newtown, CTOctober 15, 2013
Busy, fast-paced work environment. Coworkers (nurses) helpful. Good teamwork.
Comfortable working environment
Waiter (Current Employee) –  Wallingford, CTOctober 8, 2013
Being a waiter at Masonicare continues to be a good experience. I get along with my fellow coworkers fairly well. Management is as best as can be. The hardest part of my job is to bring food to residents at a reasonable time (between 15-30 min, depending on how many residents at my section which is a maximum of 5 tables with 4 seats at each table. The most enjoyable part of my job is conversing with the residents as I work, as well as on my lunch break and my days off.
good to work for
Nurse Case Manager (Former Employee) –  New Haven, CTSeptember 23, 2013
This company was good to work but hours were not consistent.
Pros
flexiblity
Cons
not consistent hours
A great learning experience with a variety of tasks and challenges.
Community Liaison (Current Employee) –  Wallingford, CTSeptember 19, 2013
External marketing position spending 90% of my itme out in the field. I have made some great connections with our referral sources. There is always a new challenge every day.
Exceptional care for patients
Insurance Clerk /Billing Spec (Current Employee) –  Wallingford, CTSeptember 14, 2013
A typical day consists of communication with Supervisors patients and other affiliates such as billing, insurance verification. I have learned different levels of the job that I do, due to cross training. I have some of the best co workers all willing to help one another. The hardest part of the job is getting some to understand my job responsibilities. The most enjoyable part is when a patient tells us of a job well done that makes the job worth it when our patients are happy with all deptartments involved in their care.
Pros
employee reconigtion
Cons
insurance provided
Temporary Receptionist - Not worth it, you can find a better job
Temporary Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Wallingford, CTAugust 10, 2013
Temporary receptionist hired for 32 hrs. a week. Phones are very busy in the morning, but slow down in the afternoon. Trying to get access into the software applications that I needed to use took 3 1/2 days to get set up. Training was the worst that I have ever had. He did not allow me to use his computer and late on the 3rd day I finally got access to the programs that I needed to use to complete the job. On the 4th day at work he said that if I had any questions to ask now. However, he was logged onto the computer at the front desk and I had to find another computer to log onto to get the feel and see where the information that I needed to use was and I had run back and forth to answer the phones. It would have been so much better if he let me use his computer while I was at the front desk. This is not the way to train people. Manager seemed nice during the interview, but working under her supervision, she was very dysfunctional and seemed to be more interested in sitting around and socializing. I never had any interaction with her during my employment. The other managers, nurses and co-workers were all very nice.
Pros
Co-workers were very nice
Cons
No breaks, one hour lunch and no benefits
not enjoyable
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Newtown, CTJuly 15, 2013
did not enjoy working here. hard work, understaffed.
managers were not always attentive and friendly
Difficult but enjoyable work
Business Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Wallingford, CTJuly 2, 2013
I maintained all information for Hospice patients. I learned to be able to handle and control many different things at one time.

I was able to help Hospice nurses when they needed it.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Masonicare. Our community is ready to answer.