Masonicare Employee Reviews

Featured review
Masonicare selected this as a representative review
Loved this place
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Wallingford, CTDecember 23, 2018
I thoroughly enjoyed working for Masonicare. The staff on my floor were team players and very helpful when needed. I would go back in a heartbeat. I worked with the geriatric psychiatric population and there was never a dull moment.
Challenging
HELPLINE REPRESENTATIVE (Current Employee) –  ConnecticutFebruary 26, 2018
The company is forever changing which makes the job challenging and more exciting. The more something remains the same, the more redundant and boring it can be.
Pros
Always changing
Cons
The manager has a demeaning way of talking to her reps.
Productive work environment
CNA (Former Employee) –  Wallingford, CTFebruary 24, 2018
So much to learn. I love this facility because they’re like a giant family. Everyone is on one accord and is helpful. Their pay is wonderful and You get to get your hands into everything.
Pros
Cons
They’re never hiring for LPN so I can go back lol
A Good Place to work
CNA (Former Employee) –  Wallingford, CTFebruary 12, 2018
Nice place to work. Overall no complaints. I would wish anyone luck working there. The people and staff are great and patients are the best part of the job.
Very stressfull
Personal Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Wallingford, CTFebruary 7, 2018
Poor management and little respect for the aides. They just do not care about their employees. Poor communication and very hypocrite stuffs. They will cut down your hours without notice. I will never work with them again ever.
Pros
No pros at all
Cons
no benefits, no enough hours, no communication and no respect
poor
Float charge nurse (Former Employee) –  Newtown, CTFebruary 5, 2018
Poor management and always short. The DON and ADON never want to come on the floor to help, they always leave on time. They schedule a bunch of admissions and not enough help.
good place to work
Certified Nurse Assistant, (C.N.A) (Former Employee) –  Wallingford, CTJanuary 31, 2018
good place to work,
i did enjoy my time at this place,
the hard part of this job was sometimes getting to say good bye.
got to meet new different kind of people.
Pool Table.
Food Service Worker (Current Employee) –  Wallingford, CTJanuary 23, 2018
The 4 years I have spent working for this company has showed the many flaws it has. I did have moments where I enjoyed going to work for the people i worked with the residents I served and the manager that has now left. after one of our best managers left multiple people left the company and the new management fell apart on day one. The residents I enjoyed were getting old and passing on and I had little friends to make the time pass a little faster. Now the only good thing I can say is the pool table is always open on your break.
Railroaded Out Of There
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Wallingford, CTJanuary 19, 2018
Falsely accused, and they retaliated against and fired when identified HIPPA concerns. If they don't like you, you're out of there. Don't work there.
typical day
Operations Analyst (Current Employee) –  Wallingford, CTJanuary 17, 2018
While being employed at Masonicare I have learned to work in a very fast paced environment and work very efficiently. I have learned a lot about home care and hospice and all different regulations. This job has definitely prepared me for many more jobs in my future.
cna
CNA Home Health Care (Current Employee) –  Mystic, CTJanuary 17, 2018
I took care of patients in there home and in a nursing home, I helped them take showers and made them food and got them drinks. I also have grown a bond with some of them but it is hard to have a steadypaycheck in this job your hours are all over the place sometimes when the company is slow and can't fill your hours up.
Pros
They work with you when you have kids
Cons
They dont fill up your hours your suppose to work during the week
Great place to work. Family inviroment
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Newtown, CTJanuary 16, 2018
I loved also working at Masonicare at Newtown! The building between the staff, the residence, and family always felt like home to me. It always felt like my home away from home. Originally I started working for MAN as a Certified Nurses Assistant. I was promoted to Administrative Assistant for Social Service and worked as a CNA on the side to make extra cash. I did that as well in the Wallingford Campus during my whole stay at Masonicares continuum.

Once I was promoted, shortly after they combined my rolls as a Administrative Assistant for Social Service and Admissions I had a lot of hats, played a lot of rolls. Everyday was different, everyday I helped both departments. From answering phones, education on LTC placement, LTC Dementia placement, STR stay, and Assisted Living. Educating residents and families on the waiting list to be placed at one of the locations, giving tours, and completing any and all legal documentation for state requirements. For our LTC residents I would open bank accounts and educate them on the processes.

I would take care of mail, distribute accordingly, meet with the interdisciplinary staff every morning to see what beds were open to fill them appropriately. Fax near by hospitals with our bed availability for STR placement. The culture within this wonderful continuum helped me understand all walks of life. I met so many wonderful people with all different needs and wants.

I enjoyed every moment of my job. I love the fact that there was so many different needs and thing I had to do to help my team. It was hard for me to leave but I would
  more... always visit and still do. I keep in contact with staff, residents, and even family members checking in on them as they do with me.  less
Pros
Happy to be at work. I loved all the positions I've had and miss they all equally
Cons
When I left to go to the Wallingford Campus since I had such great relationships will everyone
Lots of growth, independent work at times, fast paced
Admissions Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Wallingford, CTJanuary 16, 2018
I worked as an Admissions Coordinator educating local CT callers and walk-ins on what we had to offer them or there family members. We offered, LTC SNF, LTC Dementia placement, Assisted living, STR, hospice, Geriatric psych placement, ACU hospital stay, and IL placement.

Depending there or there loved ones needs I would give a tour of that unit, educate them on the rules and regulations, bed coasts, and if admitted or needed to be placed on the waiting list educate them with the legal paperwork to apply. I would also educate families and loved ones once admitted to any unit on the bed rates and help complete the financial legal documentation to MHC and what the state needed to be up to par with state regulations.

Everyday was different, I loved that about Masonicare. My phone was the main contact number for all adds in the CT Post and/or other sites online. I would first listen to all my calls and expedite them accordingly. Since there are only so many hours in a day I would divide my calls with my department so we could all get back to everyone in a timely manner.

Management staff was great. I really enjoy working with others, the staff, the walk-ins, and all the families and loved ones. It feels so good to help others. I met so many people from all walks of life. I'm humble for that and the opportunity I had at MHC, Masonicares continuum as well.
Pros
lunches for all the hard work, benefits, and the opportunity to work for such a great place
Cons
That I was laid off. I was the last person to be hired in the department
Very busy establishment
Hired as Lead production Chef (Current Employee) –  ConnecticutJanuary 15, 2018
Working for Masonicare is the best thing I have done, the management team is great they work with you on all of your needs.
Working for the residents is the best feeling you can have just to see them smile as I wait on everyone of their needs makes a person feel great. I wish I worked in this type of job many years ago. I love being busy.
Nice friendly place to work
Psych Aide/CNA (Former Employee) –  Wallingford, CTJanuary 11, 2018
very nice place to work sometimes work could be hard but they have a lot of team players to help you. pays well and you learn a lot there is room for growth with the company and the benefits are wonderful the employers do show recognition to their employees. and you do get raises.
Pros
there's room for growth
Cons
once in awhile you may work short staffed
Friendly atmosphere
Purchasing Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Wallingford, CTJanuary 2, 2018
I had the opportunity to meet a lot of great associates at Masonicare. It was a helpful experience to learn about the healthcare field. The work culture was a positive one. Upper management really seemed to care about the thoughts and productivity of its employees.
good place to work
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Newtown, CTDecember 29, 2017
manager are friendly , people work together as a team. pay is fair and they are flexible they will work with your schedule. most people are nice and show positive attitude
homecare
Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Hartford, CTDecember 24, 2017
Busy homecare agency working with diverse patient populations. Loved working with the geriatric population. Hardest part learning all insurance requirements for medicare and OASIS and poor management.
Keep looking!
Staff (Current Employee) –  East Hartford, CTDecember 11, 2017
Managers make job more stressful by playing favorites and not really knowing what the jobs entail. Environment fosters negativity. Not recommended and many are unhappy working here.
Forever Short Staffed and Ungrateful
NURSING ASSISTANT (Current Employee) –  Wallingford, CTNovember 28, 2017
Terrible management. You work short nearly every single day and the compensation is not worth the damage to your body and stress you put up with from an unsupportive chain of command. Problems are never resolved and if you confide in superiors, your business is shared with your co-workers. Services and supplies are rationed and family members take note. The extra couple dollars an hour working here are just not worth it.
Pros
You have a job
Cons
Unnecessarily stressful atmosphere, mental/physical health deterioration
Good place for internship
Shadowing Intern (Former Employee) –  Wallingford, CTNovember 21, 2017
A good place for an internship. The people there were friendly, informative, and knowledgable. I would recommend this to somebody looking for a similar experience.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Masonicare. Our community is ready to answer.